Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spooktacular tarts for Halloween

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6:06:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:02:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Ok, thanks to you and Bruce for clearing this up.

> >Which is why I use different spellings for the hot pepper (chile) and the stew (chili).
> >Disambiguation.

> And I bet the English do something else again, or the Texans or the
> Alaskans. Maybe just add an extra word, like 'chilli pepper'.

I don't care what other people do. Something (chilli pepper) is better than nothing.

Although some people do put unsweetened cocoa powder or other chocolate
in their chili.

<https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/chocolate-chili/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6:06:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:02:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Which is why I use different spellings for the hot pepper (chile) and the stew (chili).
>> >Disambiguation.

>> And I bet the English do something else again, or the Texans or the
>> Alaskans. Maybe just add an extra word, like 'chilli pepper'.

>I don't care what other people do. Something (chilli pepper) is better than nothing.
>
>Although some people do put unsweetened cocoa powder or other chocolate
>in their chili.

In their chili pepper? With a syringe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6:06:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:02:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Which is why I use different spellings for the hot pepper (chile) and the stew (chili).
>> >Disambiguation.

>> And I bet the English do something else again, or the Texans or the
>> Alaskans. Maybe just add an extra word, like 'chilli pepper'.

>I don't care what other people do. Something (chilli pepper) is better than nothing.
>
>Although some people do put unsweetened cocoa powder or other chocolate
>in their chili.
>
><https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/chocolate-chili/>
>
>Cindy Hamilton

For chili use Mexican chocolate:
https://www.amazon.com/mexican-choco...ican+chocolate
It's gritty and slightly bitter, for cooking and hot drinks, not for
eating.
To make hot chocolate Mexican style you'll need a wooden frother
(molinillo)
https://www.amazon.com/molinillo/s?k=molinillo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:20:05 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6:06:45 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 03:02:47 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> And I bet the English do something else again, or the Texans or the
>>> Alaskans. Maybe just add an extra word, like 'chilli pepper'.

>> I don't care what other people do. Something (chilli pepper) is better than nothing.
>>
>> Although some people do put unsweetened cocoa powder or other chocolate
>> in their chili.
>>
>> <https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/chocolate-chili/>
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> For chili use Mexican chocolate:
> https://www.amazon.com/mexican-choco...ican+chocolate
> It's gritty and slightly bitter, for cooking and hot drinks, not for
> eating.
> To make hot chocolate Mexican style you'll need a wooden frother
> (molinillo)
> https://www.amazon.com/molinillo/s?k=molinillo

Having a mexican wife pays off some times!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>For chili use Mexican chocolate:
>https://www.amazon.com/mexican-choco...ican+chocolate
>It's gritty and slightly bitter, for cooking and hot drinks, not for
>eating.
>To make hot chocolate Mexican style you'll need a wooden frother
>(molinillo)
>https://www.amazon.com/molinillo/s?k=molinillo

Who likes Mole here? I made it once about 10 years ago and enjoyed it
- but not enough to make it again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:55:09 PM UTC-4, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
> >For chili use Mexican chocolate:
> >https://www.amazon.com/mexican-choco...ican+chocolate
> >It's gritty and slightly bitter, for cooking and hot drinks, not for
> >eating.
> >To make hot chocolate Mexican style you'll need a wooden frother
> >(molinillo)
> >https://www.amazon.com/molinillo/s?k=molinillo

> Who likes Mole here? I made it once about 10 years ago and enjoyed it
> - but not enough to make it again.

I've never made it myself, but I've had it. Like you I enjoyed it but not
enough to make it myself.

Cindy Hamilton

Tarts? Pies? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 0 07-11-2011 03:18 PM
pop tarts Henry Recipes 0 22-10-2005 01:19 AM
Tarts TammyM General Cooking 3 28-07-2005 04:20 PM
Grape Pop tarts Grizzman General Cooking 4 30-05-2005 05:56 PM
Lemon Tarts Daryl S. Kabatoff Baking 3 05-03-2004 03:39 AM