Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got my damaged Leaf back!

https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg

$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>
>$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
footage from a camera on a building.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
> >
> >$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
> footage from a camera on a building.

What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:16:42 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>> >
>> >$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

>> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
>> footage from a camera on a building.

>What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO!

I didn't say that. But a driver whose camera caught the incident and
the licence plate could have contacted you or the police (provided
he'd not be black).

>I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance
>NOT for their appearance!

I prefer a really good looking car that doesn't start.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2020 6:59 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>
> $4196.17 in mechanical damage

(snipped)

What the hell did you pay them $4197 to do?!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:22:27 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 6:59 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
> >
> > $4196.17 in mechanical damage

> (snipped)
>
> What the hell did you pay them $4197 to do?!
>
> Jill

Replace most of the right rear end suspension parts and both aluminum wheels and make it drive nice again. I don't care about the appearance, I care about the function! I buy cars for their function, not their appearance.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2020 7:16 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>>>
>>> $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

>> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
>> footage from a camera on a building.

> What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
>

> John Kuthe...

Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
$4196 for?!

Someone else brought up insurance. Collision insurance would have taken
care of the repair (including any body work). All you'd have had to do
was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000. You
really like throwing money away, don't you?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>
> $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!
>
> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

That sucks...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2020 7:31 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:22:27 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 7/28/2020 6:59 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>>>
>>> $4196.17 in mechanical damage

>> (snipped)
>>
>> What the hell did you pay them $4197 to do?!
>>
>> Jill

> Replace most of the right rear end suspension parts and both aluminum wheels and make it drive nice again. I don't care about the appearance, I care about the function! I buy cars for their function, not their appearance.
>
> John Kuthe...

You were ripped off (yet again). Obviously you don't have sufficient
insurance coverage otherwise all you'd have had to do was pay the
deductible, which wouldn't have been anywhere near $4000.

I suspect you have either a very bad driving record or are too simply
don't know enough to pay for full insurance (Liability & Collision, aka
Comprehensive). You bought the car used to begin with. I have no idea
why you think spending $4000 to fix it is a good thing. You can buy a
2012 Leaf for what you paid to fix that one.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-07-28 7:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> Oh good lord.Â* If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
> when it happened, they'd have investigated.Â* If there were witnesses,
> they'd have asked questions.Â* They'd have checked traffic cameras.Â* Even
> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras.Â* You
> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours.Â* What did you pay
> $4196 for?!
>
> Someone else brought up insurance.Â* Collision insurance would have taken
> care of the repair (including any body work).Â* All you'd have had to do
> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000.Â* You
> really like throwing money away, don't you?

A fool and his money......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>>>
>>> $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

>> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
>> footage from a camera on a building.

> What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
>

> John Kuthe...

Speaking of performance, have you raced many other cars lately?
I remember you having lots of drag races not too long ago. Just
about every day for a while.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:22:27 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 7/28/2020 6:59 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>>>
>>> $4196.17 in mechanical damage

>> (snipped)
>>
>> What the hell did you pay them $4197 to do?!
>>
>> Jill

> Replace most of the right rear end suspension parts and both aluminum wheels and make it drive nice again. I don't care about the appearance, I care about the function! I buy cars for their function, not their appearance.
>
> John Kuthe...

Before you ever junk it, you could have a lot of fun running in the
demolition derby at the county fair. Using only electricity, ZERO
gasoline!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:32:28 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 7:16 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
> >> footage from a camera on a building.

> > What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
> >

> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
> when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
> they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
> $4196 for?!
>
> Someone else brought up insurance. Collision insurance would have taken
> care of the repair (including any body work). All you'd have had to do
> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000. You
> really like throwing money away, don't you?
>
> Jill

I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

And you also CHOOSE to still burn gasoline just because it's what you've always done and probably built your lifestyle around it! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:34:17 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
> >
> > $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!
> >
> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

> That sucks...

Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:20:37 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
> >> footage from a camera on a building.

> > What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
> >

> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Speaking of performance, have you raced many other cars lately?
> I remember you having lots of drag races not too long ago. Just
> about every day for a while.

Different performance metric! My Leaf has the license plate "INF-MPG" for a REASON! INFinite MPG! I bought a gallon of gasoline and put in my garage and no matter how far I drive my Nissan Leaf that gallon stays FULL!

How many dollars worth of POISON to you BUY to drag race? HA! :-(

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:32:28 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

>> > What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
>> >

>> > John Kuthe...
>> >

>> Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
>> when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
>> they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
>> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
>> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
>> $4196 for?!
>>
>> Someone else brought up insurance. Collision insurance would have taken
>> care of the repair (including any body work). All you'd have had to do
>> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000. You
>> really like throwing money away, don't you?
>>
>> Jill

>I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
You guys nuts or summin'?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:34:17 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>> >
>> > $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

>> That sucks...

>Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
4000.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:32:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

> >> That sucks...

> >Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

> I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
> 4000.

I bought my 2013 Leaf at a Bommarito Used Vehicle lot in 2016 after a completely unexpected $80,000 inheritance I got from my aunt, my father's younger sister. I paid just under $10,000 for it, and it's the best car I've owned ever since! Almost ZERO maintenance, uses ZERO gasoline, etc.! And now I had to pay another $4000 to get the rear end mechanicals replaced after probably being hit my a stolen car. I'm just glad I had all that money when I needed it! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:20:37 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
>>>

>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Speaking of performance, have you raced many other cars lately?
>> I remember you having lots of drag races not too long ago. Just
>> about every day for a while.

> Different performance metric! My Leaf has the license plate "INF-MPG" for a REASON! INFinite MPG! I bought a gallon of gasoline and put in my garage and no matter how far I drive my Nissan Leaf that gallon stays FULL!
>
> How many dollars worth of POISON to you BUY to drag race? HA! :-(
>
> John Kuthe...

So you have quit street racing now?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:44:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:32:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

>> I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
>> 4000.

>I bought my 2013 Leaf at a Bommarito Used Vehicle lot in 2016 after a completely unexpected $80,000 inheritance I got from my aunt, my father's younger sister. I paid just under $10,000 for it, and it's the best car I've owned ever since! Almost ZERO maintenance, uses ZERO gasoline, etc.! And now I had to pay another $4000 to get the rear end mechanicals replaced after probably being hit my a stolen car. I'm just glad I had all that money when I needed it! :-)

And this car you know. If you'd bought a new old one for $4000, it
could have been a lemon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:45:17 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Speaking of performance, have you raced many other cars lately?
> >> I remember you having lots of drag races not too long ago. Just
> >> about every day for a while.

> > Different performance metric! My Leaf has the license plate "INF-MPG" for a REASON! INFinite MPG! I bought a gallon of gasoline and put in my garage and no matter how far I drive my Nissan Leaf that gallon stays FULL!
> >
> > How many dollars worth of POISON to you BUY to drag race? HA! :-(
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> So you have quit street racing now?

The ONLY time I "raced" my Nissan Leaf was in 2016 when I was stopped at a red light next to a young kid in a Honda or something on a lovely Fall day and I slid the passenger window down and looked over at him and asked him if he wanted to "go for it"? He nodded yes so I slid the passenger window back up as I heard him revving his Internal Combustion Engine powered POS as I smiled and placed my foot over the accelerator pedal of the Leaf and thought to myself "He has no idea what to expect!"

When the light turned green I floored it and he tried to keep up but with the immediate TORQUE my Leaf has he just could not and by the time I got to a little jog in the road I looked at my speedo and was going 75MPH and was still accelerating! I beat him to Delmar too and educated him about electric cars! :-) And when first off the red light I regularly once again will beat every ICE vehicle on the road across any street! It's that quick!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:32:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

>> I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
>> 4000.

> I bought my 2013 Leaf at a Bommarito Used Vehicle lot in 2016 after a completely unexpected $80,000 inheritance I got from my aunt, my father's younger sister. I paid just under $10,000 for it, and it's the best car I've owned ever since! Almost ZERO maintenance, uses ZERO gasoline, etc.! And now I had to pay another $4000 to get the rear end mechanicals replaced after probably being hit my a stolen car. I'm just glad I had all that money when I needed it! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Before you run out of money, maybe you'll get lucky again and
someone will die.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:45:17 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Different performance metric! My Leaf has the license plate "INF-MPG" for a REASON! INFinite MPG! I bought a gallon of gasoline and put in my garage and no matter how far I drive my Nissan Leaf that gallon stays FULL!
>>>
>>> How many dollars worth of POISON to you BUY to drag race? HA! :-(
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> So you have quit street racing now?

> The ONLY time I "raced" my Nissan Leaf was in 2016 when I was stopped at a red light next to a young kid in a Honda or something on a lovely Fall day and I slid the passenger window down and looked over at him and asked him if he wanted to "go for it"? He nodded yes so I slid the passenger window back up as I heard him revving his Internal Combustion Engine powered POS as I smiled and placed my foot over the accelerator pedal of the Leaf and thought to myself "He has no idea what to expect!"
>
> When the light turned green I floored it and he tried to keep up but with the immediate TORQUE my Leaf has he just could not and by the time I got to a little jog in the road I looked at my speedo and was going 75MPH and was still accelerating! I beat him to Delmar too and educated him about electric cars! :-) And when first off the red light I regularly once again will beat every ICE vehicle on the road across any street! It's that quick!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> John Kuthe...

I remember this story and several other racing stories. Didn't seem
4 years ago, but maybe time slipped by.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:44:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 8:32:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
>>> 4000.

>> I bought my 2013 Leaf at a Bommarito Used Vehicle lot in 2016 after a completely unexpected $80,000 inheritance I got from my aunt, my father's younger sister. I paid just under $10,000 for it, and it's the best car I've owned ever since! Almost ZERO maintenance, uses ZERO gasoline, etc.! And now I had to pay another $4000 to get the rear end mechanicals replaced after probably being hit my a stolen car. I'm just glad I had all that money when I needed it! :-)

> And this car you know. If you'd bought a new old one for $4000, it
> could have been a lemon.

The beat to hell body just gives it more character.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg

How did that damage happen?

>$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

Kewl that your coal powered electricity is apparently free.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:16:42 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>> >
>> >$4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!

>> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
>> footage from a camera on a building.

>What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into?

What sort of vehicle caused that damage like that? The leading edge of
every car, truck or even bike I can think of wouldn't be anywhere near
as low as that. I'm not buying your story, John.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2020 9:13 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

>> Someone else brought up insurance. Collision insurance would have taken
>> care of the repair (including any body work). All you'd have had to do
>> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000. You
>> really like throwing money away, don't you?
>>
>> Jill

> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

> John Kuthe...

Insurance is probably $300 a yea and you've had the car for about three
years now. So for $900 you would have saved $4000. Actually more as
they would have fixed the body for another $2500.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2020 9:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
>>> when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
>>> they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
>>> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
>>> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
>>> $4196 for?!
>>>
>>> Someone else brought up insurance. Collision insurance would have taken
>>> care of the repair (including any body work). All you'd have had to do
>>> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000. You
>>> really like throwing money away, don't you?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

> Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
> You guys nuts or summin'?

I've had some old clunkers that were not insured but when you have
something worth $10,000 t0 $50,000 it sure pays to have it. Can often
be had very cheap on the older cars.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 9:13 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>
>>> Someone else brought up insurance.* Collision insurance would
>>> have taken
>>> care of the repair (including any body work).* All you'd have
>>> had to do
>>> was pay the deductible, which wouldn't be anywhere near $4000.* You
>>> really like throwing money away, don't you?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry
>> collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability
>> insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so
>> royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you
>> that giving them all your MONEY!

>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Insurance is probably $300 a yea and you've had the car for about
> three years now.* So for $900 you would have saved $4000.* Actually
> more as they would have fixed the body for another $2500.

The way things go, it doesn't make much sense to do any bodywork.
It'll just get bent up again in a few weeks.

If he used insurance, by now he would have been dropped or the
rates would be astronomical. He's probably figured this out and
taken the best approach for his situation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 23:42:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/28/2020 9:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

>> Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
>> You guys nuts or summin'?
>>

>I've had some old clunkers that were not insured but when you have
>something worth $10,000 t0 $50,000 it sure pays to have it. Can often
>be had very cheap on the older cars.

My car's 36 years old. I only have 3rd party for it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 23:42:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/28/2020 9:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry
>>> collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability
>>> insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally
>>> FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving
>>> them all your MONEY!

>> Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
>> You guys nuts or summin'?
>>

>I've had some old clunkers that were not insured but when you have
>something worth $10,000 t0 $50,000 it sure pays to have it. Can often
>be had very cheap on the older cars.

My car's 36 years old. I only have 3rd party for it.

==

LOL what is is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:14:23 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:34:17 PM UTC-5, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>> >
>> > $4196.17 in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR
>> > BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist, Suburban Renewalist and Vegetarian

>> That sucks...

>Yes it does, but I have my 100% electric car back!

I'd rather get the old one fixed for 4000 than get a new old one for
4000.

===

Amen to that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 09:58:01 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 23:42:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 7/28/2020 9:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:13:28 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

>>> Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
>>> You guys nuts or summin'?
>>>

>>I've had some old clunkers that were not insured but when you have
>>something worth $10,000 t0 $50,000 it sure pays to have it. Can often
>>be had very cheap on the older cars.

>My car's 36 years old. I only have 3rd party for it.
>
>==
>
> LOL what is is?

A Toyota Hilux. What Australians call a ute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:32:28 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/28/2020 7:16 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 6:09:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe

> >> Bloody hell. I can't believe nobody produced dashcam footage or
> >> footage from a camera on a building.

> > What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
> >

> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
> when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
> they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
> $4196 for?!

Missouri requires that accidents be reported to the police within 30 days.
John is a scofflaw in this as he is in so many things.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 03:04:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 7:32:28 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 7/28/2020 7:16 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> >
>> > What, am I supposed to organize a SWAT team investigative incident right after being smashed into? NO! I'm just happy to get my zero gasoline buying/burning CAR BACK! I buy cars for their performance NOT for their appearance!
>> >

>> > John Kuthe...
>> >

>> Oh good lord. If someone crashed into your car and you called the cops
>> when it happened, they'd have investigated. If there were witnesses,
>> they'd have asked questions. They'd have checked traffic cameras. Even
>> way out here in the sticks where I live there are traffic cameras. You
>> said they found a piece of a white car that hit yours. What did you pay
>> $4196 for?!

>Missouri requires that accidents be reported to the police within 30 days.
>John is a scofflaw in this as he is in so many things.

"Definition of scofflaw: a contemptuous law violator"
<https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scofflaw>

John, you're a contemptuous law violator! That's so disappointing!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>
> $4196.17

Casual nerds will note that this number is exactly 2^12 + a cool
$100. That's not coincidence.

> in mechanical damage, but I paid that off easily to NOT BUY OR BURN much Gasoline anymore! :-) Yay

And you could have bought a Tesla and paid THAT off by not wrecking
your piece of shit 8 year-old Nissan Leaf so often. So I'm not sure
I see your logic here.

But I beleive that YOU believe it makes sense to you. Now put the
Uzi down...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 06:22:16 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/FRT9tJF0/Leaf-damaged.jpg
>>
>> $4196.17

> Casual nerds will note that this number is exactly 2^12 + a cool
> $100. That's not coincidence.

How in the **** was there $4K in mechanical damages to that side
swipe anyway!??!?!?!?! Who has the original picture...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> I PAID for the damage done to my car because I chose NOT to carry collision insurance! I only have minimally required car liability insurance as required by MO LAW! YOU are the ones getting so royally FLEECED by insurance corporations who have convinced you that giving them all your MONEY!

John, did you even look at your insurance policy?

Even libility insurance policies offer an "uninsured motorist
fee" for very few dollars extra ($6-$10) every 6 months.
That would cover your accident and pay for it, less a
deductible.

"Uninsured motorist coverage protects you and your property
after an accident when the at-fault driver does not have
insurance." It covers hit and run drivers too.

I had a hit and run driver smash into the back of my van once
while it was parked at night. It was covered.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Who's going to take out comprehensive car insurance for an old car?
> You guys nuts or summin'?

Remember my old Volvo story? It was a few years old and I paid
only $1500 on a Friday. I called up immediately and only got
liability insurance coverage.

Later that evening I found out it had a book value of $6500.
So we didn't drive it that weekend until I could add the
comprehensive when the insurance company was open again.

On Monday, I called and added comprehensive.
On Tuesday, my daughter rear-ended a car and totaled
our Volvo. sigh

Because of that suspicious timing, it took a month to
resolve but finally they called and said they have a
check for me for $6400. 6500 minus the 100 deductible.

I made a profit of $4900 in only 4 days between buying
the car and it being totaled. Also insurance company
(Nationwide) had a "First time forgiveness" policy so
my car insurance price never went up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank Rogers wrote:
> The beat to hell body just gives it more character.

Several years ago, I saw a car in my parking lot and it looked
like someone had beaten it all to hell with a ball-peen
hammer. WTF?

Then someone explained to me that this happens occasionally
in the midwest during a bad hail storm. LARGE hail.

Told that they are totaled and sold cheap. Mechanics are
fine, just a beaten to death body.