Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftovers

Â* About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
hoping I warmed enough ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:28:46 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
> tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
> go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
> hoping I warmed enough ...

I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld together
after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4:30:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:28:46 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
> >
> > Â* About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
> > tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
> > go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
> > hoping I warmed enough ...
> >

> I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld together
> after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!

I agree. I love leftover soups and stews. Always better with age.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:28:46 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
>>
>> Â* About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
>> tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
>> go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
>> hoping I warmed enough ...
>>

> I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld
> together after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!

Same for potato salad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 8:11:09 PM UTC-6, Nemo wrote:

> > I think soup is always better the next day or two. Flavors meld
> > together after a thorough chilling. Enjoy!

> Same for potato salad

And coleslaw!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 2:28:46 PM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better
> tonight . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to
> go with , and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure
> hoping I warmed enough ...
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

Tonight I had a variation of a loco moco: a hamburger patty with some rice, bean, corn, with spicy chipotle seasonings mixed in. This was placed on top of cauliflower rice and then topped with a fried egg and some Sriracha mayo.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...mdvYb6x_3P-xpS
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better tonight
> . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to go with ,
> and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure hoping I warmed
> enough ...

Nice! I'm having the hominy casserole for a 2nd time along with a really
nice salad. Love the casserole but it's so right. If J doesn't eat any, I
think I'll freeze the rest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 7:46:26 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> > About that soup my wife made the other night ... it's even better tonight
> > . Big ol' slab of home made bread slathered with real butter to go with ,
> > and it'll be ready in about another 5 minutes . I'm sure hoping I warmed
> > enough ...

> Nice! I'm having the hominy casserole for a 2nd time along with a really
> nice salad. Love the casserole but it's so right. If J doesn't eat any, I
> think I'll freeze the rest.

I had a chipotle type burger with eggs. I couldn't decide whether to make scrambled eggs or an over easy egg so I just made both.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...a3rAwET52LTVyR

leftovers Janet General Cooking 77 05-01-2014 01:23 AM
Leftovers George M. Middius[_2_] General Cooking 10 01-05-2012 04:20 PM
How To Use Up Leftovers Jude General Cooking 0 28-11-2006 02:19 AM
Leftovers limey General Cooking 0 12-04-2006 09:58 PM
Leftovers Greg Leman Barbecue 0 11-10-2004 02:29 AM