Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Diner Menu Option

A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
Girlfriend is Not Hungry":

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/

or

https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz

For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
wings or 3 fried cheese sticks. For that person with you who insists
they "aren't hungry".

Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female, doesn't
matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to mooch off
your plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-05 5:13 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
> Girlfriend is Not Hungry":
>
> https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/
>

> or
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz
>
> For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
> wings or 3 fried cheese sticks.Â* For that person with you who insists
> they "aren't hungry".
>
> Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female, doesn't
> matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to mooch off
> your plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)

LOL Jill. I don't think I have ever heard her say she wasn't hungry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2019 5:44 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-05 5:13 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
>> Girlfriend is Not Hungry":
>>
>> https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/
>>

>> or
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz
>>
>> For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
>> wings or 3 fried cheese sticks.Â* For that person with you who insists
>> they "aren't hungry".
>>
>> Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female, doesn't
>> matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to mooch off
>> your plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)
>>

> LOL Jill. I don't think I have ever heard her say she wasn't hungry.

Well there ya' go! This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't apply.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-05 5:51 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/5/2019 5:44 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-07-05 5:13 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>> A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
>>> Girlfriend is Not Hungry":
>>>
>>> https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/
>>>

>>> or
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz
>>>
>>> For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
>>> wings or 3 fried cheese sticks.Â* For that person with you who insists
>>> they "aren't hungry".
>>>
>>> Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female,
>>> doesn't matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to
>>> mooch off your plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)
>>>

>> LOL Jill. I don't think I have ever heard her say she wasn't hungry.
>>

> Well there ya' go!Â* This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't
> apply.

My limited experience with her in restaurants tells me that if someone
else is paying she will just go ahead and order more. The time we took
her and her husband to lunch she ordered a lunch special that came with
soup or salad. She ordered it with soup, but also ordered a large salad.
For most humans, a large salad is a meal. Then, despite being on their
way to a cheese tasting, she ordered a cheese platter (for two) for dessert.

The next time I had to endure a restaurant meal with her ( on her
mother's dime, she ordered a meal that came with fries or salad. After
changing her order several times, she ended up getting both.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 18:23:45 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-07-05 5:51 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> LOL Jill. I don't think I have ever heard her say she wasn't hungry.
>>>

>> Well there ya' go!Â* This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't
>> apply.

>My limited experience with her in restaurants tells me that if someone
>else is paying she will just go ahead and order more.

Is this man still going on about his niece? Embarrassing. And I don't
mean the niece.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2019 6:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-05 5:51 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> LOL Jill. I don't think I have ever heard her say she wasn't hungry.
>>>

>> Well there ya' go!Â* This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't
>> apply.

> My limited experience with her in restaurants tells me that if someone
> else is paying she will just go ahead and order more.Â* The time we took
> her and her husband to lunch she ordered a lunch special that came with
> soup or salad. She ordered it with soup, but also ordered a large salad.

(snippage)

Wait, your Big Niece is married?! *That* I don't remember. Doesn't
matter. Let's set her aside for a moment.

My question was have you [the collective you] ever been having a meal
out with someone who said they weren't hungry then proceeded to eat the
food off your plate?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 18:44:48 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/5/2019 6:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Well there ya' go!Â* This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't
>>> apply.

>> My limited experience with her in restaurants tells me that if someone
>> else is paying she will just go ahead and order more.Â* The time we took
>> her and her husband to lunch she ordered a lunch special that came with
>> soup or salad. She ordered it with soup, but also ordered a large salad.

>(snippage)
>
>Wait, your Big Niece is married?! *That* I don't remember. Doesn't
>matter. Let's set her aside for a moment.

Dave's going to say that this will take a few people to do.

>My question was have you [the collective you] ever been having a meal
>out with someone who said they weren't hungry then proceeded to eat the
>food off your plate?

What a petty problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 18:23:45 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Well there ya' go!Â* This little side item on a diner menu wouldn't
>>> apply.

>> My limited experience with her in restaurants tells me that if someone
>> else is paying she will just go ahead and order more.

> Is this man still going on about his niece? Embarrassing. And I don't
> mean the niece.

Yoose seem to be the most embarrassed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 5, 2019 at 5:41:03 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Is this man still going on about his niece? Embarrassing. And I don't
> mean the niece.

His tales of Big Niece are quite entertaining and I'm grateful she's HIS
relative and not mine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
>Girlfriend is Not Hungry":
>
> https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/
>
> or
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz
>
> For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
> wings or 3 fried cheese sticks. For that person with you who insists they
> "aren't hungry".
>
> Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female, doesn't
> matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to mooch off your
> plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)

Yes. So much so that I just order a side of fries for the table.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> My question was have you [the collective you] ever been having a meal
> out with someone who said they weren't hungry then proceeded to eat the
> food off your plate?

That's what the 2nd fork is for - defending your plate, not for
salad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2019 8:13 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> A diner in Little Rock, AR has added an item to their menu called "My
>> Girlfriend is Not Hungry":
>>
>> https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/07...2591562179029/
>>

>> or
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/yynabsuz
>>
>> For $4.25, you can get an extra order of fries and either two chicken
>> wings or 3 fried cheese sticks.Â* For that person with you who insists
>> they "aren't hungry".
>>
>> Question: have you ever been out with someone (male or female, doesn't
>> matter) who said they weren't hungry and then proceeded to mooch off
>> your plate? (Dave's Big Niece doesn't count.)

> Yes. So much so that I just order a side of fries for the table.

You get it!

Jill

Viking range grill option EZ General Cooking 7 14-05-2007 09:01 PM
Viking range grill option? EZ Barbecue 0 10-05-2007 04:29 PM
Tuna Salad (with diabetic Option) Pete Romfh Diabetic 36 18-11-2005 10:20 PM
Financing Option For Restaurants AmeriMerchant Restaurants 0 28-11-2004 11:16 PM