Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Default Viking range grill option?

Hi, all,

Forgive me for posting this here and also in rfc (although technically it's
not actually a crosspost, because I did it manually) but my question is
about a grilling option on a new indoor gas range, so it kinda applies in
both places.

I'm finally ordering my Viking range top, and would like to benefit from the
collected wisdom here, if you don't mind! First of all, it seems the "range
top" is the better choice over the "cook top" because you get 4-15,000 BTU
burners instead of that wierd configuration with four different sizes of
burners. And, sealed burners have to be easier to clean than open burners -
I hope they work as well!

My main question is, does anybody have the grill option? On the 36" and
larger ranges, you can replace two burners with an indoor grill. I'm just
wondering if anybody actually uses those things, and if they work well
enough to trade two burners for one.

Thanks in advance for your help, folks!

--
EZ