Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default Avocados Redux

Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...

THANK YOU President Trump - we salute you, Sir, for MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN...ain't it GRAND...!!!???

https://nypost.com/2019/06/08/trump-...n-immigration/

Trump praises Mexico for "huge deal on immigration

By Mary Kay Linge June 8, 2019

"President Trump spiked the football on his immigration agreement with Mexico and taunted his media critics with a tweetstorm that called the accord €œa huge deal.€

€œMEXICO HAS AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!€ he blared in an all-caps post at 8:03 am.

€œ"Thats going to be a huge deal because Mexico will be using their strong Immigration Laws €“ A game changer,€ Trump tweeted, quoting Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council. €œ"People no longer will be released into the U.S.,€ the quote continued.

Under terms announced late Friday, Mexico agreed to keep Central American migrants seeking asylum in the U.S. on its side of the border until their cases are decided.

'Donald J. Trump
œ”
@realDonaldTrump
Mexico will try very hard, and if they do that, this will be a very successful agreement for both the United States and Mexico!;'

The agreement headed off Trumps threat to begin imposing tariffs on Mexican goods starting Monday.

€œMexico will try very hard, and if they do that, this will be a very successful agreement for both the United States and Mexico!€ Trump wrote.

He also slammed €œmuch false reporting (surprise!)€ on the accord €œby the Fake and Corrupt News Media, such as Comcast/NBC, CNN, @nytimes & @washingtonpost.

€œThese "Fakers are Bad News!€ Trump wrote...."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 08:29:44 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...
>
>THANK YOU President Trump - we salute you, Sir, for MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN...ain't it GRAND...!!!???

Yay, Trump threatened to make avocados very expensive, but he didn't!
Yay, what a great president! He almost did it and then he didn't! You
should have 2 presidents like that. The other one could keep the price
of zucchinis the same!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-08 9:29 a.m., GM wrote:
> Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...

From the NYT - a RELIABLE source:
President Trump hailed his new deal with Mexico to avoid tariffs,
but the terms were actually agreed on months ago, officials in both
nations said.
It was unclear whether Mr. Trump accepted the deal as a face-saving
way to escape the political and economic consequences of imposing tariffs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 15:18:17 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-06-08 9:29 a.m., GM wrote:
>> Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...

> From the NYT - a RELIABLE source:
> President Trump hailed his new deal with Mexico to avoid tariffs,
>but the terms were actually agreed on months ago, officials in both
>nations said.
> It was unclear whether Mr. Trump accepted the deal as a face-saving
>way to escape the political and economic consequences of imposing tariffs.

That's two full sentences. Deplorables don't read that much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> On 2019-06-08 9:29 a.m., GM wrote:
> > Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...

> From the NYT - a RELIABLE source:

NYT = FAKE MSM NEWS

*Do* mind to pay attention, graham, I know that you are smarter than that...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 15:18:17 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-06-08 9:29 a.m., GM wrote:
>> Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...

> From the NYT - a RELIABLE source:
> President Trump hailed his new deal with Mexico to avoid tariffs,
>but the terms were actually agreed on months ago, officials in both
>nations said.
> It was unclear whether Mr. Trump accepted the deal as a face-saving
>way to escape the political and economic consequences of imposing tariffs.

No brainer
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:48 AM UTC-4, GM wrote:
> Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...
>
> THANK YOU President Trump - we salute you, Sir, for MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN...ain't it GRAND...!!!???

He backed down. As usual.

He got the Mexicans to agree to do things they agreed months ago to do.

Big whoop.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 03:58:10 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11:29:48 AM UTC-4, GM wrote:
>> Yup, my dear rfc comrades...it's TRUE...thanks to President Trump's negotiating skill and leadership, you won't have to worry about "the price of avocados" or in fact any other imported Mexi product...
>>
>> THANK YOU President Trump - we salute you, Sir, for MAKING AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN...ain't it GRAND...!!!???
>>

>He backed down. As usual.
>
>He got the Mexicans to agree to do things they agreed months ago to do.
>
>Big whoop.

Stop being so smart. The deplorables think it's a great achievement!
Lighters and American flags! Gary, the cheeseburgers are on special!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Stop being so smart. The deplorables think it's a great achievement!
> Lighters and American flags! Gary, the cheeseburgers are on special!

Never cheeseburgers. Your memory retention is lacking.
McD plain hamburgers on sale for 25cents each, I'm there.
Regular price about $1 each (or more now), no thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 1:01:44 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Stop being so smart. The deplorables think it's a great achievement!
> Lighters and American flags! Gary, the cheeseburgers are on special!

"Somebody give me a cheeseburger!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgu5zMWolGE&t=247

About all these avocados... Nexis General Cooking 29 21-06-2008 04:42 AM
Too many avocados [email protected] General Cooking 29 08-06-2007 12:19 AM
BUM avocados. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 2 19-02-2007 08:55 PM
Avocados Connie TenClay Preserving 2 04-10-2004 10:18 PM
Avocados ScratchMonkey General Cooking 7 08-10-2003 07:30 AM