Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default hot pockets (TM)

technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved

I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot pockets
routine embedded in the article

I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good

but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
with some nasty meat"

and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
but still want the diarrhea"

so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
to try them myself because I'm really curious now

my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 12:16 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>
> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot pockets
> routine embedded in the article
>
> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>
> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
> with some nasty meat"
>
> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
> but still want the diarrhea"
>
> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>
> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

Â* The ham-n-cheese ones were good . Haven't had one in years , they
might not be as good as they once were ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 1:16 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>
> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot pockets
> routine embedded in the article
>
> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>
> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
> with some nasty meat"
>
> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
> but still want the diarrhea"
>
> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>
> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

Jim Gaffigan is a hoot!

I used to buy the Ham & Cheddar Hot Pockets to microwave as a quick
lunch at work. IIRC they come with a crisping sleeve. I never did care
for the pepperoni ones that pretended to be pizza. I've heard of 'Lean
Pockets' (vegetables and sauce in a crust?) but have not tried them. No
interest.

I haven't bought a Hot Pocket in a very long time. I wouldn't recommend
you waste your money.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 8:20:04 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>
> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot pockets
> routine embedded in the article
>
> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>
> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
> with some nasty meat"
>
> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
> but still want the diarrhea"
>
> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>
> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

You are curious about the world and that's a good thing. Don't listen to what other people have to say about Hot Pockets - find out for yourself. I like Patton Oswalt's shtick about KFC's Famous Bowl. I find that Famous Bowls suits my style - it's like a TV dinner piled in a plastic bowl.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/f...-sadness-bowl/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>
> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot
> pockets
> routine embedded in the article
>
> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>
> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
> with some nasty meat"
>
> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
> but still want the diarrhea"
>
> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>
> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or so
ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale for
cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who likes
them. Who eats these things?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-07 5:11 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>>
>> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
>> with some nasty meat"
>>
>> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
>> but still want the diarrhea"
>>
>> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
>> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>>
>> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or
> so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale
> for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who
> likes them. Who eats these things?

Even the Bove family doesn't like them??? Imagine that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-07 3:41 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-07 5:11 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>>> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>>>
>>> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
>>> with some nasty meat"
>>>
>>> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
>>> but still want the diarrhea"
>>>
>>> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
>>> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>>>
>>> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

>> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year
>> or so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on
>> sale for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone
>> who likes them. Who eats these things?

> Even the Bove family doesn't like them???Â* Imagine that.

More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
like them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 5:47 PM, graham wrote:

>>> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year
>>> or so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on
>>> sale for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know
>>> anyone who likes them. Who eats these things?

>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them???Â* Imagine that.

> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
> like them.

"On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme. Even if no one likes
whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 18:00:21 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/7/2019 5:47 PM, graham wrote:
>> On 2019-03-07 3:41 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them???* Imagine that.

>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>> like them.

>"On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme. Even if no one likes
>whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

Would you rather pay a lot for something you don't like?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-07 5:47 p.m., graham wrote:

>>> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year
>>> or so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on
>>> sale for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know
>>> anyone who likes them. Who eats these things?

>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them???Â* Imagine that.

> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
> like them.

It boggles the mind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 5:11 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved

> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or
> so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale
> for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who
> likes them. Who eats these things?

I used to keep some in the freezer at work. Acceptable in a pinch. I
tried them about 6 months ago and though they were terrible. Either I
changed or they changed but now would not touch them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>
> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot
> pockets
> routine embedded in the article
>
> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>
> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
> with some nasty meat"
>
> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
> but still want the diarrhea"
>
> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>
> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or so
ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale for
cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who likes
them. Who eats these things?

==

Tert's sister? ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 11:26:51 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

>"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>>
>> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
>> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot
>> pockets
>> routine embedded in the article
>>
>> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>>
>> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
>> with some nasty meat"
>>
>> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
>> but still want the diarrhea"
>>
>> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
>> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>>
>> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

>I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or so
>ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale for
>cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who likes
>them. Who eats these things?
>
>==
>
>Tert's sister? ;p

And Cartman in Southpark:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust_Er_oX5A>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

>"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>>
>> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
>> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot
>> pockets
>> routine embedded in the article
>>
>> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>>
>> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
>> with some nasty meat"
>>
>> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
>> but still want the diarrhea"
>>
>> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
>> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>>
>> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

>I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or so
>ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale for
>cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who likes
>them. Who eats these things?
>
>==
>
>Tert's sister? ;p

And Cartman in Southpark:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust_Er_oX5A>

==

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

>>> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or
>>> so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale
>>> for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who
>>> likes them. Who eats these things?

>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them??? Imagine that.

> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
> like them.

I believe the egg ones were a new product.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/7/2019 5:47 PM, graham wrote:

>>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them??? Imagine that.

>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>> like them.

> "On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme. Even if no one likes
> whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

Yes. I generally don't buy stuff like that unless someone requests it, or it
is cheap. I no longer have asst. people in and out of my house. When I did,
and they wanted a snack, chances were good that one of them might eat it.
They wouldn't eat those though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/8/2019 7:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "graham" > wrote in message

>>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them??? Imagine that.

>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>> like them.

> I believe the egg ones were a new product.

Not really. Maybe new to where you shop for things no one winds up liking.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 3/7/2019 5:11 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved

>> I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or
>> so ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale
>> for cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who
>> likes them. Who eats these things?

> I used to keep some in the freezer at work. Acceptable in a pinch. I
> tried them about 6 months ago and though they were terrible. Either I
> changed or they changed but now would not touch them.

That's what happened here. The boxes said "New and Improved".

Dominos pizza used to be terrible. When I lived in NY, it was a staple at
kid's parties. I couldn't believe it because we were surrounded by good
pizza and every place delivered. After I heard a boy comment, "Pizza
again?", at one such party, I vowed never to have pizza at a party. I
ordered Chinese food. Angela's party was a hit. We did everything Asian and
even gave out fancy chopsticks for the kids to take home.

Dominos has since changed their pizza. It still isn't the best but it's the
best that we can get delivered in this area. IMO, there is no truly
excellent pizza here unless you make it yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-08 7:41 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Even the Bove family doesn't like them??? Imagine that.

>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>> like them.

> I believe the egg ones were a new product.

I believe that would be a variation of a product that nobody liked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-08 7:44 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>> "On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme.Â* Even if no one
>> likes whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

> Yes. I generally don't buy stuff like that unless someone requests it,
> or it is cheap. I no longer have asst. people in and out of my house.
> When I did, and they wanted a snack, chances were good that one of them
> might eat it. They wouldn't eat those though.

I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale. I just
see the economy in buying something that no one will eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-03-08 7:44 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> "On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme.* Even if no one
>>> likes whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

>> Yes. I generally don't buy stuff like that unless someone requests it,
>> or it is cheap. I no longer have asst. people in and out of my house.
>> When I did, and they wanted a snack, chances were good that one of them
>> might eat it. They wouldn't eat those though.

>I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale. I just
>see the economy in buying something that no one will eat.

You do?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/8/2019 7:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>>> like them.

>> I believe the egg ones were a new product.

> Not really. Maybe new to where you shop for things no one winds up
> liking.

That could be. The only ones I was familiar with were he pizza ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-03-08 7:41 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> More to the point, she bought them a second time and they still didn't
>>> like them.

>> I believe the egg ones were a new product.

> I believe that would be a variation of a product that nobody liked.

They didn't like the pizza ones. At the time, anything I bought with egg was
being eaten like mad. So I bought those.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-03-08 7:44 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> "On sale for cheap" seems to be a recurring theme. Even if no one likes
>>> whatever it is, at least it was cheap.

>> Yes. I generally don't buy stuff like that unless someone requests it, or
>> it is cheap. I no longer have asst. people in and out of my house. When I
>> did, and they wanted a snack, chances were good that one of them might
>> eat it. They wouldn't eat those though.

> I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale. I just see
> the economy in buying something that no one will eat.

I had never bought that kind before. How would I know no one would eat them?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Yes. I generally don't buy stuff like that unless someone requests it,
>>> or it is cheap. I no longer have asst. people in and out of my house.
>>> When I did, and they wanted a snack, chances were good that one of them
>>> might eat it. They wouldn't eat those though.

>>I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale. I just
>>see the economy in buying something that no one will eat.

> You do?

Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been making
moonshine with his oakmilk!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 01:42:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale. I just
>>>see the economy in buying something that no one will eat.

>> You do?

>Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been making
>moonshine with his oakmilk!

LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-09 4:40 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> I believe the egg ones were a new product.

>> I believe that would be a variation of a product that nobody liked.

> They didn't like the pizza ones. At the time, anything I bought with egg
> was being eaten like mad. So I bought those.

Given the history of your family's dislikes there would seem to be about
an 90% chance they aren't going to like anything new. Combine that with
the unexpected dislike of the other hot pocket I don't know what would
possess you to think they would like the the new product that was on
sale cheap, and likely because they were bad and no one was buying them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-09 4:42 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I can understand buying something you like when it is on sale.Â* I just
>>> see the economy in buying something that no one will eat.

>> You do?

> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

There was no missing word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/9/2019 10:13 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I believe that would be a variation of a product that nobody liked.

>> They didn't like the pizza ones. At the time, anything I bought with
>> egg was being eaten like mad. So I bought those.

> Given the history of your family's dislikes there would seem to be about
> an 90% chance they aren't going to like anything new. Combine that with
> the unexpected dislike of the other hot pocket I don't know what would
> possess you to think they would like the the new product that was on
> sale cheap, and likely because they were bad and no one was buying them.

Dave, she said anything she bought at the time with egg was being eaten
"like mad". Uh huh. I don't remember anything in her house being eaten
like mad.

The Breakfast version of Hot Pockets also contains sausage or bacon and
always something they call 'real cheese'. I looked them up:

https://www.hotpockets.com/en/products/breakfast

It's apparently a cheap, quick fix freezer thing.

I think she tried to pass some Hot Pockets off to her gardener when he
first arrived on the scene. Heh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/9/2019 10:15 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> You do?

>> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
>> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

> There was no missing word.

Yeah, there was Dave. The missing word is *don't*. You "don't see the
economy in buying something that no one will eat."

Now they're just messing with you.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-03-09 10:37 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
>>> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

>> There was no missing word.

> Yeah, there was Dave.Â* The missing word is *don't*.Â* You "don't see the
> economy in buying something that no one will eat."
>
> Now they're just messing with you.

Well Jill, I was not too surprised that Julie and her idiot Australian
cousin missed the point. It defeats the purpose to insert something to
denote the sarcasm.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 10:15:24 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-03-09 4:42 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> You do?

>> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
>> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

>There was no missing word.

He can't see it
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 3/9/2019 10:13 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> They didn't like the pizza ones. At the time, anything I bought with egg
>>> was being eaten like mad. So I bought those.

>> Given the history of your family's dislikes there would seem to be about
>> an 90% chance they aren't going to like anything new. Combine that with
>> the unexpected dislike of the other hot pocket I don't know what would
>> possess you to think they would like the the new product that was on sale
>> cheap, and likely because they were bad and no one was buying them.

> Dave, she said anything she bought at the time with egg was being eaten
> "like mad". Uh huh. I don't remember anything in her house being eaten
> like mad.
>
> The Breakfast version of Hot Pockets also contains sausage or bacon and
> always something they call 'real cheese'. I looked them up:
>
> https://www.hotpockets.com/en/products/breakfast
>
> It's apparently a cheap, quick fix freezer thing.
>
> I think she tried to pass some Hot Pockets off to her gardener when he
> first arrived on the scene. Heh.

Yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-03-09 4:42 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> You do?

>> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
>> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

> There was no missing word.

Okay, then a letter and an apostrophe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 10:15:24 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2019-03-09 4:42 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>> On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:21:20 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> Hehehe. Good call! I missed the missing word. I think Dave has been
>>> making moonshine with his oakmilk!

>>There was no missing word.

> He can't see it

Yeah. My sides are about to split with laughter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default hot pockets (TM) VERDICT

writes:

>>"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>

>>"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>> technically hot pockets are on topic because they need to be microwaved
>>>
>>> I am only very recently woke to hot pockets because I was reading an
>>> interview with Jim Gaffigan and they had a youtube video of his hot
>>> pockets
>>> routine embedded in the article
>>>
>>> I asked my sister if she every tried them and she said they're good
>>>
>>> but Jim Gaffigan describes them as "let's take a pop tart and fill it
>>> with some nasty meat"
>>>
>>> and "they make vegetarian hot pockets for people who don't eat meat
>>> but still want the diarrhea"
>>>
>>> so I'm just looking for other reviews here but I'm afraid I'll have
>>> to try them myself because I'm really curious now
>>>
>>> my sister says she likes the cheese hot pockets

>>I bought them once many years ago. Nobody liked them. Perhaps a year or so
>>ago I bought the breakfast ones with eggs inside. They were on sale for
>>cheap. Again, nobody liked them. I actually don't know anyone who likes
>>them. Who eats these things?
>>
>>==
>>
>>Tert's sister? ;p

>and others have confessed elsewhere in the thread
>
>I don't usually go down that aisle in the grocery store so I may forget
>to buy some unless I put them on my list
>
>==
>
>) if you enjoy them, why not? )

I bought the ham and cheese hot pockets this weekend and tried them
with my kids. Actually one of my kids wouldn't even touch them. I cooked
them in the oven because I was making baked potatoes anyway. I'm not
sure how you can screw up ham and cheese but they taste like plastic.
The pastry was okay - it was the "flaky croissant crust" version. I could
only eat three bites. The kid who was brave enough to try them could only
eat two bites. The rest got composted.

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/hotpockets.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

>) if you enjoy them, why not? )

I bought the ham and cheese hot pockets this weekend and tried them
with my kids. Actually one of my kids wouldn't even touch them. I cooked
them in the oven because I was making baked potatoes anyway. I'm not
sure how you can screw up ham and cheese but they taste like plastic.
The pastry was okay - it was the "flaky croissant crust" version. I could
only eat three bites. The kid who was brave enough to try them could only
eat two bites. The rest got composted.

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/hotpockets.jpg

==

Oh, that's a shame The idea of them sounds so good!!!

I suppose with a nice pastry with good cheese and ham, they would be really
nice.

You could make your own and show everyone what they could be!