Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread

Have any of you made this yet? I guess it has a huge following from
Kim Lange. I saw it yesterday on The Kitchen on Food Network. It
looked easy, special, and something you probably have all ingredients
for in your kitchen.
https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com...-bread-recipe/
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

It looks to me, looking at the photo, that the ingredients are too much volume for one 9 X 5 loaf
pan. The photo makes it look wider and flatter than it should be in that size pan. Maybe the
moisture in the apples keeps it flatter.

If someone makes it, let us know how it works. I don't have any apples in the house, so it will
have to wait for another time.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 14:33:49 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>It looks to me, looking at the photo, that the ingredients are too much volume for one 9 X 5 loaf
>pan. The photo makes it look wider and flatter than it should be in that size pan. Maybe the
>moisture in the apples keeps it flatter.
>
>If someone makes it, let us know how it works. I don't have any apples in the house, so it will
>have to wait for another time.
>
>N.

I made it this afternoon. In a true 9x5 pan it rises to about 1 inch
from the top. I think you could try it in an 8x4 pan but I think
that would be pushing it. My husband said it is a keeper and I agree.
It is way tasty and luscious. I am not a lover of cinnamon but in
this bread it is just right and doesn't lord it over the whole thing.
It is wonderful when you but into the cooked apple chunks. I have
been looking for something like this for a long time. I've tried the
cakes but they didn't seem to have enough oooph to carry apple pieces
of any size. I'm passing the recipe on to my daughter and some
friends.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet US, my bad....on question about pan size. I didn't see the perspective of depth in
the photo correctly.

I have a recipe that was advertised as a contest-to-name-it apple cake recipe from Crystal Sugar
that is made in a 9x12 loaf cake pan, with diced apples. (I slice them with my apple slicer/peeler and
then dice them up...very fast and uniform pieces.). It should show up as a long-ago post of a bunch
of apple recipes...I will see if a search will turn it up. It suggests just a dusting of powdered sugar on
top, but certainly could use a glaze.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 06:00:52 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Janet US, my bad....on question about pan size. I didn't see the perspective of depth in
>the photo correctly.
>
>I have a recipe that was advertised as a contest-to-name-it apple cake recipe from Crystal Sugar
>that is made in a 9x12 loaf cake pan, with diced apples. (I slice them with my apple slicer/peeler and
>then dice them up...very fast and uniform pieces.). It should show up as a long-ago post of a bunch
>of apple recipes...I will see if a search will turn it up. It suggests just a dusting of powdered sugar on
>top, but certainly could use a glaze.
>
>N.

N. No biggie. I look forward to seeing it. :-)
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 10:54:23 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 06:00:52 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
> >Janet US, my bad....on question about pan size. I didn't see the perspective of depth in
> >the photo correctly.
> >
> >I have a recipe that was advertised as a contest-to-name-it apple cake recipe from Crystal Sugar
> >that is made in a 9x12 loaf cake pan, with diced apples. (I slice them with my apple slicer/peeler and
> >then dice them up...very fast and uniform pieces.). It should show up as a long-ago post of a bunch
> >of apple recipes...I will see if a search will turn it up. It suggests just a dusting of powdered sugar on
> >top, but certainly could use a glaze.
> >
> >N.

> N. No biggie. I look forward to seeing it. :-)
> Janet US

Here is the recipe:

Mom's Apple Cake Nancy Dooley

4 C. Diced apples
2 C. sugar
2 eggs (I always use Jumbo in baking)
1/2 C. oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. flour
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine apples and sugar for 30 minutes. Beat eggs slightly. Add oil and vanilla. Mix. Sift dry ingredients. Stir alternately with apple/sugar mixture into liquids. Bake in 9 x 13" loaf cake pan at 350 deg. for 1 hour, or until tests done in center. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with caramel butter frosting. Serves 12-15.

Enjoy! This has always been a favorite recipe. I have probably made it more than a dozen times, and it has always been a great dessert for pot-lucks.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 09:40:55 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Monday, March 4, 2019 at 10:54:23 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 06:00:52 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Janet US, my bad....on question about pan size. I didn't see the perspective of depth in
>> >the photo correctly.
>> >
>> >I have a recipe that was advertised as a contest-to-name-it apple cake recipe from Crystal Sugar
>> >that is made in a 9x12 loaf cake pan, with diced apples. (I slice them with my apple slicer/peeler and
>> >then dice them up...very fast and uniform pieces.). It should show up as a long-ago post of a bunch
>> >of apple recipes...I will see if a search will turn it up. It suggests just a dusting of powdered sugar on
>> >top, but certainly could use a glaze.
>> >
>> >N.

>> N. No biggie. I look forward to seeing it. :-)
>> Janet US

>Here is the recipe:
>
>Mom's Apple Cake Nancy Dooley
>
>4 C. Diced apples
>2 C. sugar
>2 eggs (I always use Jumbo in baking)
>1/2 C. oil
>2 tsp. Vanilla
>2 C. flour
>2 tsp. soda
>1/2 tsp. salt
>2 tsp. cinnamon
>1/2 tsp. nutmeg
>
>Combine apples and sugar for 30 minutes. Beat eggs slightly. Add oil and vanilla. Mix. Sift dry ingredients. Stir alternately with apple/sugar mixture into liquids. Bake in 9 x 13" loaf cake pan at 350 deg. for 1 hour, or until tests done in center. When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with caramel butter frosting. Serves 12-15.
>
>Enjoy! This has always been a favorite recipe. I have probably made it more than a dozen times, and it has always been a great dessert for pot-lucks.
>
>N.

That sounds really good. I love all the apples. I'm out of apples
right now but will try it soon. Thanks :-)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:36:41 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Have any of you made this yet? I guess it has a huge following from
> Kim Lange. I saw it yesterday on The Kitchen on Food Network. It
> looked easy, special, and something you probably have all ingredients
> for in your kitchen.
> https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com...-bread-recipe/
> Janet US

In Step 11, I assume you're swirling both layers of batter, apples,
and cinnamon sugar?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 16:21:29 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:36:41 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> Have any of you made this yet? I guess it has a huge following from
>> Kim Lange. I saw it yesterday on The Kitchen on Food Network. It
>> looked easy, special, and something you probably have all ingredients
>> for in your kitchen.
>> https://www.thebakingchocolatess.com...-bread-recipe/
>> Janet US

>In Step 11, I assume you're swirling both layers of batter, apples,
>and cinnamon sugar?
>
>-sw

yes. Keep it simple or you will simply mix it. Up and down is
probably enough to create a caramel layer in the middle. I came close
to over-swirling. It's even better today.
Anyone who has cooked before can figure out ways to simplify the steps
and use less dishes.
Janet US

Awesome Apple/Cranberry Pie Gary G. Recipes (moderated) 0 23-11-2006 03:12 AM
Awesome bread!!! billb Sourdough 22 22-06-2005 05:16 AM
Country Rye Bread Tim Recipes 0 01-06-2005 03:05 AM
Corn Fritter Bread 7Hawks Recipes 0 21-11-2004 03:38 PM
Country White Bread from bread machine Sandie's News Baking 1 21-05-2004 10:24 PM