Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chef Boyardee Throwback

On 2/11/2019 8:55 AM, Roy wrote:
On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 10:09:17 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/10/2019 1:50 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:17:53 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 21:27:51 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

No but he did ask me to make rye bread with cinnamon in it. We'll see
how
that comes out.

And you said he's a foodie!?!?!?! He's no foodie and he's playing
you if he's asking you to do shit like that.

No. I said my BF was a foodie. Actually he still is. He's just not my BF
any
more. New BF is also a foodie. But his tastes and mine are not the same
when
it comes to food.

The gardener did love the Pad Thai that I made the other day. Said it
was
way better than what I got at Costco.

Look at Julie, always trying to insert those covert tidbits of her
wannabe personal life into unrelated conversations. You just forgot
to say. "But for reasons I'm not going to discuss that here and
now".

And no, you said that of your "gardener". You just wanted to
mention you "boyfriends" tonight.

-sw

There's the he's not her BF anymore but the current BF is but it's not the
gardener. She always did say she was a Princess. Now she's Queen Bee and
all these honeys are hovering around. Why do I find this hard to believe.

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie. And
yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by previous
postings.

I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
divorce. I'm certainly not jealous. As for her/their taste in food,
she started the thread about Chef Boyardee 'Throwback' canned pasta.
AFAIC, that pretty much sums up the "foodie" factor. Or lack thereof.

Jill

Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary. Not that I look for it but
I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage" version.
I'd like to see a citation for that.

Jill
Old 12-02-2019, 11:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message

There's the he's not her BF anymore but the current BF is but it's not the
gardener. She always did say she was a Princess. Now she's Queen Bee and
all these honeys are hovering around. Why do I find this hard to believe.

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie. And
yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by previous
postings.

I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
divorce. I'm certainly not jealous.

I believe you, but thousands wouldn't.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli
Old 13-02-2019, 01:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message

There's the he's not her BF anymore but the current BF is but it's not the
gardener. She always did say she was a Princess. Now she's Queen Bee and
all these honeys are hovering around. Why do I find this hard to believe.

The gardener was never my BF and he was also never married or a foodie. And
yes, I do have honeys hovering around. Sorry if you're jealous.

Betcha it isn't for the food. Julie isn't into 'gourmet' judging by previous
postings.

I don't actually care if her gardener was her boyfriend or married or
not. Or how many "boyfriends" she's had before, during or since her
divorce. I'm certainly not jealous.

I believe you, but thousands wouldn't.

Hell, I would believe *anybody* that told me they were not jealous of Julie.

Well, 'cept maybe yoose

Old 13-02-2019, 01:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it.
But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH?* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.* Not that I look for it but
I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
version. **I'd like to see a citation for that.

Jill

https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli

Oh wow! Thanks for the search! I still really cannot imagine actually
wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.

Jill
Old 13-02-2019, 02:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it.
But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH?* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.* Not that I look for it but
I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
version. **I'd like to see a citation for that.

Jill

https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli

Oh wow!* Thanks for the search!* I still really cannot imagine actually
wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a citation.

Jill

Just don't expect a taste test. I won't go there.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

They did. Spicy sausage. Not sure if it is still being made or not,

Old 14-02-2019, 12:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it. But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH? They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary. Not that I look for it but I've
never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage" version. I'd
like to see a citation for that.

Jill

Here is the sausage:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/10321010

https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Boyardee...003XUJ564?th=1

I could have sworn that I bought a spicy sausage some years ago for my then
husband. Now all I see is spicy beef:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/29070240

Old 14-02-2019, 12:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 17:15:15 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

He took a bowl, put cubes of Swiss cheese in it, cottage cheese, some
guacamole, added some soup. Topped that with some salad that was asst.
vegetables with olives, Feta cheese and pecans. Added a goodly drizzle
of
honey on top. There may have been more things he added that I left out
but I
hadn't eaten yet. I didn't want to lose my appetite and had to keep
looking
away. Does that sound like a foodie to you?

It sounds like somebody using up everything you buy while he can.
It sound like he feels right at home.

=-sw

He should feel right at home. He LIVES here!

Probably inside now? You have snow and your back house has no
heat or plumbing. I remember. So if he lives in your house or
property, is he paying some kind of rent? He should be.

It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could put a
hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get the water
back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that building but I
can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my business?

Old 14-02-2019, 12:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

Wrong! We had three extended power outages prior to winter. We lucked out
once as the power went out just as I drove up. I had purchased a lot of
cheese, canned pineapple, and raw veggies. I put that stuff in some
insulated bags. We simply ate some from the bags for dinner so I didn't have
to open the fridge.

Since then, we have had several more outages from the snow. I had no way to
cook during an outage. My gardener did bring me a generator a couple of
nights ago. So now that could be an option. I would prefer not to use it
though. I do have a gas water heater so I can put a can of food in a pan of
hot water and at least take the chill off of it.

I never claimed to be a foodie. I just like to cook and bake.

Old 14-02-2019, 01:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

(snipped a bunch of crap)

Stop trying to deflect. You didn't mention being snowed in or needing
canned beefaroni or whatever this "Throwback" stuff is. You asked if
anyone had tried it. Now you're just making excuses about why you buy
shit like this. For $1.58/can. In case I forgot to answer the original
question, NO, I've never bought canned Chef Boyardee Throwback pasta.

Jill
Old 14-02-2019, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:09 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
It has heat. Just no way to get water from there. I was told we could
put a hose type faucet there but it's too far from the main line to get
the water back out. And no, he doesn't pay rent. He can stay in that
building but I can't legally rent it. Why is everyone here all up in my
business?

LOLOL Because you keep *telling* everyone! You're the one who provides
the huge backstory about your gardener and hint about your BF's or
whoever else you seem to want everyone to know about.

Your initial question seemed to be has anyone else tried this
"throwback" Chef Boyardee stuff. If I neglected to answer, I'm saying
now: No.

Jill
Old 14-02-2019, 01:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it.
But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH?* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.* Not that I look for it
but I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
version. **I'd like to see a citation for that.

Jill
https://www.chefboyardee.com/product...ausage-ravioli

Oh wow!* Thanks for the search!* I still really cannot imagine
actually wanting Chef Boyardee whatever. But you did discover a
citation.

Jill

Just don't expect a taste test.* I won't go there.

Don't worry, I won't! I don't tend to buy things like canned ravioli.

Jill
Old 14-02-2019, 02:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2019 7:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/12/2019 1:45 PM, Gary wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

The overstuffed is what I usually buy. Some stores don't carry it.
But I
only buy the beef. Not the sausage.

HUH?* They sell sausage versions of this? Never seen it here but
if I do, I'll definitely try a can. Probably much more
flavorable.

I read that and thought "HUH?" too, Gary.* Not that I look for it but
I've never heard of Chef Boyardee (any kind) having a "sausage"
version. I'd like to see a citation for that.

Jill

Here is the sausage:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/10321010

https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Boyardee...003XUJ564?th=1

I could have sworn that I bought a spicy sausage some years ago for my
then husband. Now all I see is spicy beef:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Boya...15-oz/29070240

Thanks for the link. It's not something I'd ever heard of or would
think of buying. That was my point.

Jill