Old 13-01-2019, 02:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ironic Infomoercials

On 1/2/2019 11:33 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 01:40:43 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 04:07:43 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

The
AARP commercial that's been running for 2+ years is still the
all-time Irony Winner (that I've seen). Any fellow irony
connoisseurs know which one and why (CLUE: it starts with the boss
coming in sometime after noon around noon, and thanking his
employee, who's been there since 7:50, for coming in today and
offering her a donut)? Or am I just overly observant and critical
of supposedly real-life situations? (who, me?)

OK, since nobody "Gets It" it's the AARP commercial where the boss
thanks her for coming in on her day off. Then she proceeds to
describe, in painstaking detail, how she's been ****ing around on
the AARP site all morning doing personal shit and not getting any
work done:

At 7:50AM I joined AARP...
at 8:40AM I found a nursing home for my dad...
at 9:25AM I bought concert tickets...

Certainly somebody remembers it now and, looking back, realizes how
stupidly ironic it is, right?

ObFood: Bird Box

-sw

I've never seen it. I spend commercial time with my Kindle

Similar, I pick up a book when commercials come on.

Jill

Old 14-01-2019, 03:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I'm such scum for sometimes watching commercials, while I ignore 95%
of the regular programming between commercials working and reading
technical specs. I'm so stupid.

-sw