Nancy Young

Default Isn't it ironic

Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
Microbrewery.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, but I knew I wanted it
soon. The penne with vodka sauce was calling my name, but I thought,
you need something with protien. Man, they make a great pasta fagioli.
Maybe. Oh, I know, I'll have the peppardelle bolognese. Can you
tell I was even too tired to chew?

Guy brought over the drinks and the bread, they have nice cracker
things and nice rolls. No butter, olive oil with pepper. I like that,
but I really like butter.

Backing up, when we went to place our order, the guy said, there is
food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
me to be a snob.

nancy
PENMART01

>Nancy Young writes:
>
>Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
>wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
>together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
>I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
>Microbrewery.
>
>Anyway, I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, but I knew I wanted it
>soon. The penne with vodka sauce was calling my name, but I thought,
>you need something with protien. Man, they make a great pasta fagioli.
>Maybe. Oh, I know, I'll have the peppardelle bolognese. Can you
>tell I was even too tired to chew?
>
>Guy brought over the drinks and the bread, they have nice cracker
>things and nice rolls. No butter, olive oil with pepper. I like that,
>but I really like butter.
>
>Backing up, when we went to place our order,

Hmm, along it's been I, I, I, (14 times) Aye, Aye, Aye... so was all prepared
for a follow-up to the 'dining alone' thread, and here you toss in a
monkey-WE-wrench. Just an observation, we've no question.

the guy said, there is
>food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
>think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
>how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
>had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
>appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
>me to be a snob.

Hmm, back to the I, I, I (six more times)... 'we' died. Anyway, what's the
point of the story... other than the order taker being largely remiss in not
apprising you of the essentially free peppardelle bolognese. You needed to
quickly change your order, and/or refuse to accept for a cost what is
essentialy free. You're not the snob, the restaurant management is el stupido
for not removing that entree from the menu.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Nancy Young writes:
>
>Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
>wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
>together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
>I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
>Microbrewery.
>
>Anyway, I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, but I knew I wanted it
>soon. The penne with vodka sauce was calling my name, but I thought,
>you need something with protien. Man, they make a great pasta fagioli.
>Maybe. Oh, I know, I'll have the peppardelle bolognese. Can you
>tell I was even too tired to chew?
>
>Guy brought over the drinks and the bread, they have nice cracker
>things and nice rolls. No butter, olive oil with pepper. I like that,
>but I really like butter.
>
>Backing up, when we went to place our order,

Hmm, along it's been I, I, I, (14 times) Aye, Aye, Aye... so was all prepared
for a follow-up to the 'dining alone' thread, and here you toss in a
monkey-WE-wrench. Just an observation, we've no question.

the guy said, there is
>food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
>think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
>how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
>had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
>appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
>me to be a snob.

Hmm, back to the I, I, I (six more times)... 'we' died. Anyway, what's the
point of the story... other than the order taker being largely remiss in not
apprising you of the essentially free peppardelle bolognese. You needed to
quickly change your order, and/or refuse to accept for a cost what is
essentialy free. You're not the snob, the restaurant management is el stupido
for not removing that entree from the menu.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Denise~*

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:00:48 -0400, Nancy Young >
wrote:

>Last night I went out to dinner. I did not want to go to dinner, I
>wanted to go to sleep. Unusually tired. Okay, finally got it
>together, went to this place that has really good food. Open kitchen,
>I guess you might picture a California pizza kitchen ? type of place.
>Microbrewery.

Sounds like Harmon Pub in Tacoma to me

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
Nancy Young

PENMART01 wrote:

> >Nancy Young writes:

> >Backing up, when we went to place our order,

> Hmm, along it's been I, I, I, (14 times) Aye, Aye, Aye... so was all prepared
> for a follow-up to the 'dining alone' thread, and here you toss in a
> monkey-WE-wrench. Just an observation, we've no question.

You needed to take your cue when I said, I *really* didn't want to go
out to dinner. If I had my druthers, I would have been sound asleep.
I often use I when it's we, but this post had nothing to do with we.
All me. I I I. mememememe! My favorite song, healthy self esteem.
(laugh)

> the guy said, there is
> >food right behind you, I guess like a happy hour thing. Thanks, I
> >think I need a real plate of food. I didn't say that, but you know
> >how that happy hour spread can be. I wandered over to see if they
> >had maybe some salad or something, what to my wondering eyes should
> >appear? I coulda saved like $13! Peppardelle bolognese! Learned
> >me to be a snob.

> Hmm, back to the I, I, I (six more times)... 'we' died. Anyway, what's the
> point of the story... other than the order taker being largely remiss in not
> apprising you of the essentially free peppardelle bolognese.

It was just a little joke, no point. No solutions needed, nothing
wrong, just ... look at that, I coulda had my dinner for free. So
what. Besides, would have taken maybe 2 or 3 trips to get as much
as I managed to get down. Not my idea of a good time.

Sometimes a story is just a story.

nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

PENMART01

> Nancy Young writes:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>> >Nancy Young writes:

>> >Backing up, when _we_ went to place our order,

>> Hmm, it's been I, I, I, (14 times) Aye, Aye, Aye... so was all

>prepared
>> for a follow-up to the 'dining alone' thread, and here you toss in a
>> monkey-WE-wrench. Just an observation, we've no question.

>You needed to take your cue when I said, I *really* didn't want to go
>out to dinner. If I had my druthers, I would have been sound asleep.
>I often use I when it's we, but this post had nothing to do with we.
>All me. I I I. mememememe! My favorite song, healthy self esteem.
>(laugh)

I really don't get it (how all those I's can mean we) but you did say "we" (one
time), which is what I found confounding.

<snip>

>It was just a little joke, no point. No solutions needed, nothing
>wrong, just ... look at that, I coulda had my dinner for free. So
>what. Besides, would have taken maybe 2 or 3 trips to get as much
>as I managed to get down. Not my idea of a good time.
>
>Sometimes a story is just a story.
>
>nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

No, I really didn't know that... how could I know, to my memory you've never
posted that bit of info and in all these years we've never once swapped email.
I was truely under the impression that you were single and from some long ago
posts that you possessed the bestest biggest breasts of all the trollops... now
I'm disappointed that they're, I mean you're taken. Live and learn. <g>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

said:

><snip>
>>
>> nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

>Well, *I* didn't! I guess it's 'cuz you don't talk family a whole
>lot, Nancy. Not that this is a bad thing; it's probably wise...

Yes, it's very wise to keep ones personal beeswax to oneself on usenet...
especially regarding rfc... for every regular poster there are over 1000
regular lurkers.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

said:

><snip>
>>
>> nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

>Well, *I* didn't! I guess it's 'cuz you don't talk family a whole
>lot, Nancy. Not that this is a bad thing; it's probably wise...

Yes, it's very wise to keep ones personal beeswax to oneself on usenet...
especially regarding rfc... for every regular poster there are over 1000
regular lurkers.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Nancy Young

PENMART01 wrote:

> > Nancy Young writes:

> >You needed to take your cue when I said, I *really* didn't want to go
> >out to dinner. If I had my druthers, I would have been sound asleep.
> >I often use I when it's we, but this post had nothing to do with we.
> >All me. I I I. mememememe! My favorite song, healthy self esteem.
> >(laugh)

> I really don't get it (how all those I's can mean we) but you did say "we" (one
> time), which is what I found confounding.

I reread my original post, I didn't use I when I meant we once. He
ordered a margerita pizza, it looked great. Had nothing to do with
my little story.

> >nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

> No, I really didn't know that... how could I know, to my memory you've never
> posted that bit of info and in all these years we've never once swapped email.

Now, that's completely wrong. I haven't swapped emailed with you a
lot, but most certainly more than once.

> I was truely under the impression that you were single

I guess you missed when Jill wished me a happy 20th anniversary in
April 2003. That's okay, it has zip to do with rfc.

nancy
The Ranger

Nancy Young > wrote in message
[snip]
> ordered a margerita pizza

[snip]

What's this?

The Ranger
--
"Grits are akin to Elmer's Paste with less flavor and more sand."

The Ranger

Nancy Young > wrote in message
[snip]
> ordered a margerita pizza

[snip]

What's this?

The Ranger
--
"Grits are akin to Elmer's Paste with less flavor and more sand."

PENMART01

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>I reread my original post, I didn't use I when I meant we once.

Geeze, I'm good but I'm not a mind reader.

>> >nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

>> No, I really didn't know that... how could I know, to my memory you've

>never
>> posted that bit of info and in all these years we've never once swapped

>email.
>
>Now, that's completely wrong. I haven't swapped emailed with you a
>lot, but most certainly more than once.

Well, I should've said *personal* email... I'm sure I've sent recipes,
technical info and such to most everyone at one time or another, but that's not
anything I'd recall. At one point it was common for one to forward a copy of a
post to whoever one was replying to when it involved pertinent cooking info...
to my knowlege that practice seems to have ceased... at least I no longer see
"posted and emailed" in the posts... but then again the majority of posts have
degraded to the point where very little on topic info is discussed anymore, too
bad.

>> I was truly under the impression that you were single

>I guess you missed when Jill wished me a happy 20th anniversary in
>April 2003. That's okay, it has zip to do with rfc.

I suppose I missed that one post from a year ago. Hmm, 20th, and you're 37...
that means your first marriage must have been quite fleeting... I guess I can't
really use that old adage with you about youth being wasted on the young.
<smile>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> PENMART01 wrote:
>>
>>> Nancy Young writes:

>>> You needed to take your cue when I said, I *really* didn't want to
>>> go
>>> out to dinner. If I had my druthers, I would have been sound
>>> asleep.
>>> nancy (you do know I've been married for a lotta years, no?)

>> No, I really didn't know that... how could I know, to my memory
>> you've never posted that bit of info and in all these years we've
>> never once swapped email.

> Now, that's completely wrong. I haven't swapped emailed with you a
> lot, but most certainly more than once.
>
>> I was truely under the impression that you were single

> I guess you missed when Jill wished me a happy 20th anniversary in
> April 2003. That's okay, it has zip to do with rfc.
>
> nancy

And I *MISSED* your birthday, Sis! So sorry! I feel like a total dweeb.

Jill

Nancy Young

The Ranger wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in message
> [snip]
> > ordered a margerita pizza

> [snip]
>
> What's this?

Well, I'm sure I spelled it wrong. It's got cheese, basil and
tomatoes on it. It's a beautiful pie. This one had grape tomatoes.
Colors of the Italian flag. Maybe it's margherita? Someone will
correct me.

nancy
Nancy Young

PENMART01 wrote:

> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >Now, that's completely wrong. I haven't swapped emailed with you a
> >lot, but most certainly more than once.

> Well, I should've said *personal* email... I'm sure I've sent recipes,
> technical info and such to most everyone at one time or another,

Nope. It was quite some time ago, the most recent when you were ill.

> >I guess you missed when Jill wished me a happy 20th anniversary in
> >April 2003. That's okay, it has zip to do with rfc.

> I suppose I missed that one post from a year ago. Hmm, 20th, and you're 37...
> that means your first marriage must have been quite fleeting... I guess I can't
> really use that old adage with you about youth being wasted on the young.
> <smile>

(laugh) nancy

RMiller

>(laugh) Well, if I count both marriages, I've been married upwards
>of 25 years. Amazing, considering I'm only 37.
>
>nancy

A nice age, 37, I am approaching my 37th birthday myself...

Rosie
RMiller

>(laugh) Well, if I count both marriages, I've been married upwards
>of 25 years. Amazing, considering I'm only 37.
>
>nancy

A nice age, 37, I am approaching my 37th birthday myself...

Rosie
jmcquown

RMiller wrote:
>> (laugh) Well, if I count both marriages, I've been married upwards
>> of 25 years. Amazing, considering I'm only 37.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> A nice age, 37, I am approaching my 37th birthday myself...
>
> Rosie

Hey! I'll be 37 on the 26th!

Jill

PENMART01

>(RMiller) writes:

>>>nancy Young wrote:

>>(laugh) Well, if I count both marriages, I've been married upwards
>>of 25 years. Amazing, considering I'm only 37.
>>
>>nancy
>>

> A nice age, 37, I am approaching my 37th birthday myself...

Yeah, for the second time! LOL