Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (OT) More Backyard Visitors

Doe a deer, a female deer, fa (far) a long long way to run. They don't
run when I snap their pics.

https://i.postimg.cc/qvxH0PzZ/does.jpg

and this:

https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DcCN2M/snacking.jpg

There were six in total. They were mostly nibbling on the clover but
they definitely love my bird feeder and know how to drain it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 5:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Doe a deer, a female deer, fa (far) a long long way to run.Â* They
> don't run when I snap their pics.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/qvxH0PzZ/does.jpg
>
> and this:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DcCN2M/snacking.jpg
>
> There were six in total.Â* They were mostly nibbling on the clover but
> they definitely love my bird feeder and know how to drain it.
>
> Jill

Â* Them's some fat does ! We have 3 that hang out close to the house ,
but they aren't brave enough to come to the bird feeders . Squirrels ...
well , we take preventive measures . A slinky is a wonderful device .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 7:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 5:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Doe a deer, a female deer, fa (far) a long long way to run.Â* They
>> don't run when I snap their pics.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/qvxH0PzZ/does.jpg
>>
>> and this:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DcCN2M/snacking.jpg
>>
>> There were six in total.Â* They were mostly nibbling on the clover but
>> they definitely love my bird feeder and know how to drain it.
>>
>> Jill

> Â* Them's some fat does ! We have 3 that hang out close to the house ,
> but they aren't brave enough to come to the bird feeders . Squirrels ...
> well , we take preventive measures . A slinky is a wonderful device .

I have a Squirrel Buster brand feeder. It actually works. The deer
know to come up from underneath and lick out the seed.

I don't mind. I love watching them. They don't seem to be bothered
by me or the camera flash. In fact, they barely move if I stand up to
take pictures.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 18:30:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Doe a deer, a female deer, fa (far) a long long way to run. They don't
> run when I snap their pics.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/qvxH0PzZ/does.jpg
>
> and this:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DcCN2M/snacking.jpg
>
> There were six in total. They were mostly nibbling on the clover but
> they definitely love my bird feeder and know how to drain it.

This little guy was one of two born 18 hours earlier in my back
yard. In less than 24 hours, he knows how to walk (he did that in
45 minutes), what to eat, and listens to his mother when she says
"don't move until I get back". If only human babies EVER learned
any of that these days....

https://i.postimg.cc/W1L9nVMY/Fawn-10.jpg

Here's that same fawn getting his finial birth lickings and standing
up straight for the first time. He's about 45 minutes old here.

Picture had to be taken from inside the kitchen - look in front of
barn:

https://i.postimg.cc/ncZ2j2ZN/DSCN1180.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 11:29 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 18:30:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Doe a deer, a female deer, fa (far) a long long way to run. They don't
>> run when I snap their pics.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/qvxH0PzZ/does.jpg
>>
>> and this:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Y2DcCN2M/snacking.jpg
>>
>> There were six in total. They were mostly nibbling on the clover but
>> they definitely love my bird feeder and know how to drain it.

> This little guy was one of two born 18 hours earlier in my back
> yard. In less than 24 hours, he knows how to walk (he did that in
> 45 minutes), what to eat, and listens to his mother when she says
> "don't move until I get back". If only human babies EVER learned
> any of that these days....
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/W1L9nVMY/Fawn-10.jpg
>
> Here's that same fawn getting his finial birth lickings and standing
> up straight for the first time. He's about 45 minutes old here.
>
> Picture had to be taken from inside the kitchen - look in front of
> barn:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/ncZ2j2ZN/DSCN1180.jpg
>
> -sw

How sweet! I saw some adorable speckled fawns behind my house rather
late this year (September). It's interesting to me that fawns, calves,
foals and the like pretty much scramble to their feet almost immediately.

Jill

when visitors have left Somebody General Cooking 16 07-07-2012 01:29 AM
Fish and Visitors Meigan Recipes 0 14-07-2011 03:41 PM
Get 1 Million Real Visitors For Free! rockie123 General Cooking 0 08-09-2007 02:17 PM
Get 1 Million Real Visitors For Free! rockie123 General Cooking 0 03-09-2007 02:54 PM
Do You Need Visitors Yvon Coffee 0 26-05-2004 01:34 PM