Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Member

Thumbs up Fish and Visitors

The new husband loves fish. He didn’t eat it often, since his kids are less enthusiastic. At the grocery, thinking about what he might like, I had one of those “buy one, get one free” moments where I didn’t think through the purchase – how much fish, and who will eat it would have been good questions to ask myself before the purchase. As it was, I ended up with quite a bit of fish, in this case Tilapia.

I lightly oiled a pan with canola oil, tossed in a few springs of fresh thyme, put the lid on the pan and let the fish cook. It was simple and delicious. And we had a good bit left over. What does a working woman do with leftovers? Pack them for lunch!

Here are two tasty “salads” made with Mild-flavor White Fish, in this case Tilapia. Make the proportions as you like them.
Mild Cooked Fish Mild Cooked Fish
Fresh ginger, minced Diced tomatoes
Grapefruit, peeled and coarsely chopped Leeks coarsely chopped and thoroughly rinsed.
Mix well in the morning, enjoy for lunch. Mix well in the morning, enjoy for lunch.
Nice with green salad and crackers Nice with peaches and pretzels

Having recently lost my job, I am free to take visitors places rather than sending them. Sometimes this is great! I enjoy good company and see the city where I live. I can foresee a time when I am less enthusiastic – the bean is beautiful, but …. It seems to me the solution, like leftover fish, is going to be to keep coming up with variations on the theme. Or, sometimes, the solution just may be to pack their lunch and send them along. Good directions, good maps and good food also make for good hospitality.