Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spouts and frozen French Toast

I had to go the local Sobeys grocery store to pick up a few things today
so I searched for some of the items that have been discussed here
recently. There were alfalfa spouts, but that was the only type I saw
there. There was no frozen French toast. There were waffles and
pancakes, but no French toast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018 13:54:37 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I had to go the local Sobeys grocery store to pick up a few things today
>so I searched for some of the items that have been discussed here
>recently. There were alfalfa spouts, but that was the only type I saw
>there. There was no frozen French toast. There were waffles and
>pancakes, but no French toast.

Really? I wouldn't have expected that. Thx for the info
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 1:54 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I had to go the local Sobeys grocery store to pick up a few things today
> so I searched for some of the items that have been discussed here
> recently.Â* There were alfalfa spouts, but that was the only type I saw
> there.Â* There was no frozen French toast.Â* There were waffles and
> pancakes, but no French toast.

I'm the one who expressed a bit of dismay at the thought of frozen
french toast. Waffles and pancakes, sure.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 5:18 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 20-Dec-2018, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> I had to go the local Sobeys grocery store to pick up a few things today
>> so I searched for some of the items that have been discussed here
>> recently. There were alfalfa spouts, but that was the only type I saw
>> there.

> I decided today would be a better grocery shopping day than the Friday
> before Christmas. While there, I decided to look to see what kind of
> sprouts they carried. I was mistaken in my post in an earlier thread, they
> have three kinds, not two. The thin sprouts are alfalfa and they also had
> broccoli sprouts that looked the same to me. The fatter ones were bean
> sprouts.

Frozen?!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2018 10:14 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 20-Dec-2018, jmcquown > wrote:

>>> I decided today would be a better grocery shopping day than the Friday
>>> before Christmas. While there, I decided to look to see what kind of
>>> sprouts they carried. I was mistaken in my post in an earlier thread,
>>> they
>>> have three kinds, not two. The thin sprouts are alfalfa and they also
>>> had
>>> broccoli sprouts that looked the same to me. The fatter ones were bean
>>> sprouts.
>>>

>> Frozen?!

> No, fresh.

I wasn't sure. When you started talking about various sprouts I
wondered. Whew!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-20 1:54 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> I had to go the local Sobeys grocery store to pick up a few things today
> so I searched for some of the items that have been discussed here
> recently.Â* There were alfalfa spouts, but that was the only type I saw
> there.Â* There was no frozen French toast.Â* There were waffles and
> pancakes, but no French toast.

Yesterday I was in a grocery store in a nearby city, a store I had not
been to in ages. No frozen French toast, but they had more than a dozen
different types of sprouts.... alfalfa, broccoli,kohlrabi, radish.....