Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why did k cups go fron 27 bucks to 35 overnight?

Dunkin donuts and all other brands I like? 60 ct.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Thomas wrote:

> Dunkin donuts and all other brands I like? 60 ct.

Maybe yer wife got breast implants on the sly...the larger the bra, the more expensive the bra...and it's *quite* a "stretch" from D cup to K cup...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas, did you Google for info? It seems to me that I heard something in recent months about
coffee (and cocoa, for that matter) crops being under threat from some change in weather, or from
some political upheaval, can't remember what.

I have decided my favorite K cup coffee (I drink decaf) is Starbuck's, which is expensive anyway, plus
there are only 10 cups in the small box instead of the usual 12. Second for me is Mickey D's...but I
can't say which is really the best flavor because I put amaretto creamer in it, so my rating has to do
with how much coffee flavor comes through in the medium roast decaf.

I think my last purchase, a week ago, included the Starbucks (10 cups) which was $7.99, while the Donut Shop
(no flavor at all) was $5.99 for 12 cups.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 6:34:24 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> Thomas, did you Google for info? It seems to me that I heard something in recent months about
> coffee (and cocoa, for that matter) crops being under threat from some change in weather, or from
> some political upheaval, can't remember what.
>
> I have decided my favorite K cup coffee (I drink decaf) is Starbuck's, which is expensive anyway, plus
> there are only 10 cups in the small box instead of the usual 12. Second for me is Mickey D's...but I
> can't say which is really the best flavor because I put amaretto creamer in it, so my rating has to do
> with how much coffee flavor comes through in the medium roast decaf.
>
> I think my last purchase, a week ago, included the Starbucks (10 cups) which was $7.99, while the Donut Shop
> (no flavor at all) was $5.99 for 12 cups.
>
> N.

You know, the person who invented the K-cup sorely regrets their invention on environmental grounds! Too many throw away plastic K-cups! EVIL for the environment!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 6:56:13 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 6:34:24 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> > Thomas, did you Google for info? It seems to me that I heard something in recent months about
> > coffee (and cocoa, for that matter) crops being under threat from some change in weather, or from
> > some political upheaval, can't remember what.
> >
> > I have decided my favorite K cup coffee (I drink decaf) is Starbuck's, which is expensive anyway, plus
> > there are only 10 cups in the small box instead of the usual 12. Second for me is Mickey D's...but I
> > can't say which is really the best flavor because I put amaretto creamer in it, so my rating has to do
> > with how much coffee flavor comes through in the medium roast decaf.
> >
> > I think my last purchase, a week ago, included the Starbucks (10 cups) which was $7.99, while the Donut Shop
> > (no flavor at all) was $5.99 for 12 cups.
> >
> > N.

> You know, the person who invented the K-cup sorely regrets their invention on environmental grounds! Too many throw away plastic K-cups! EVIL for the environment!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I have heard this. Perhaps what the inventor really regrets is selling the company for $50,000. I sure would be. They said that disposable diapers were going to destroy the planet but that ain't happened yet. The K-cup has mostly made people happy. That's a most wonderful thing. We should be more concerned with climate change and how we're going to feed the world in the future. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!!

https://vimeo.com/116606409

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John, I note some K cups are now promoted as recyclable, but I didn't pay attention to
which brand it was.....
Wow, patent/company sold for $50K. Cheap at twice the price. It is probably worth billions now.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 7:21:13 AM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> John, I note some K cups are now promoted as recyclable, but I didn't pay attention to
> which brand it was.....
> Wow, patent/company sold for $50K. Cheap at twice the price. It is probably worth billions now.
>
> N.

They are WORTH a STACK OF BULLSHIT!!! :-(

NO PLASTIC will EVER CONTAIN my COFFEE!!!

**** PLASTICS!!! :-(

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/3/2018 11:56 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 6:34:24 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Thomas, did you Google for info? It seems to me that I heard something in recent months about
>> coffee (and cocoa, for that matter) crops being under threat from some change in weather, or from
>> some political upheaval, can't remember what.
>>
>> I have decided my favorite K cup coffee (I drink decaf) is Starbuck's, which is expensive anyway, plus
>> there are only 10 cups in the small box instead of the usual 12. Second for me is Mickey D's...but I
>> can't say which is really the best flavor because I put amaretto creamer in it, so my rating has to do
>> with how much coffee flavor comes through in the medium roast decaf.
>>
>> I think my last purchase, a week ago, included the Starbucks (10 cups) which was $7.99, while the Donut Shop
>> (no flavor at all) was $5.99 for 12 cups.
>>
>> N.

> You know, the person who invented the K-cup sorely regrets their invention on environmental grounds! Too many throw away plastic K-cups! EVIL for the environment!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Yada yada yada. There have been posts here over the years (and even
online videos) about how to refill and reuse those k-cups.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Keurig has a specially sized "gold" reusable (permanent) filter which can be used instead
of the K-cups. I have one, in case I run out of K cups. It uses just regular drip coffee
grind.

So if one is environmentally aware, one doesn't have to use the cups

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-04 11:32 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Keurig has a specially sized "gold" reusable (permanent) filter which
> can be used instead of the K-cups. I have one, in case I run out of
> K cups. It uses just regular drip coffee grind.
>
> So if one is environmentally aware, one doesn't have to use the cups

I have to wonder. If you have wonder why you would not use the
re-usable filters all the time if you already have it. I realize that
one of their selling features is the variety of coffees and flavours
that you can have on hand.

I got spoiled with one cup machines when I we were staying with my niece
when she lived in Estonia. She had an Nespresso machine. That thing made
really good coffee. Unfortunately, the machine is expensive to buy. The
pods are also expensive and not readily available around here. I have to
drive about 15 miles to find a store that sells them, and the tend to
come in variety packs. I don't mind having different types of coffee,
but I dislike the flavoured stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/4/2018 11:32 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Keurig has a specially sized "gold" reusable (permanent) filter which can be used instead
> of the K-cups. I have one, in case I run out of K cups. It uses just regular drip coffee
> grind.
>
> So if one is environmentally aware, one doesn't have to use the cups
>
> N.

If we had a Keurig, that would be the way to go. You still get the
convenience in the morning and not trash plastic. Especially if you
like fresh ground coffee
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 11:06:25 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 12/4/2018 11:32 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>
> > Keurig has a specially sized "gold" reusable (permanent) filter which can be used instead
> > of the K-cups. I have one, in case I run out of K cups. It uses just regular drip coffee
> > grind.
> >
> > So if one is environmentally aware, one doesn't have to use the cups
> >
> > N.
> >

> If we had a Keurig, that would be the way to go. You still get the
> convenience in the morning and not trash plastic. Especially if you
> like fresh ground coffee

I don't have a Keurig but I have seen on different sites the refilled 'K'
cup is used instead of buying the individual pods. But like someone else
said you can get a variety of the flavored coffees when you buy the pods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 09:49:46 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 11:06:25 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> On 12/4/2018 11:32 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> > Keurig has a specially sized "gold" reusable (permanent) filter which can be used instead
>> > of the K-cups. I have one, in case I run out of K cups. It uses just regular drip coffee
>> > grind.
>> >
>> > So if one is environmentally aware, one doesn't have to use the cups
>> >
>> > N.
>> >

>> If we had a Keurig, that would be the way to go. You still get the
>> convenience in the morning and not trash plastic. Especially if you
>> like fresh ground coffee
>>

>I don't have a Keurig but I have seen on different sites the refilled 'K'
>cup is used instead of buying the individual pods. But like someone else
>said you can get a variety of the flavored coffees when you buy the pods.

You can use flavored coffee when refilling yourself... I see the
Cousinart ad on TV with their refillable pod.
Flavored coffees are the poorest quality coffees, flavoring is how
they salvage them, same for flavored vodka.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 2:06:31 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

> You can use flavored coffee when refilling yourself... I see the
> Cousinart ad on TV with their refillable pod.
> Flavored coffees are the poorest quality coffees, flavoring is how
> they salvage them, same for flavored vodka.

I'm not a fan of flavored coffees either. But they must be popular a with a
lot of folks by looking at what's offered at grocery stores as well as coffee
shops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The gold filter I mentioned is a fillable filter, like what is found in a regular drip maker, like a Braun.
I was NOT talking about refilled pods.
I was speaking of a filter, from which you can empty used grounds, put in fresh grounds, insert
it into a Keurig, and brew coffee like you used to in a 10- or 12-cup coffeemaker.

N.