Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lazy day cooking

I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.

Anything you all are doing?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>
> Anything you all are doing?

Papa Murphy's Cowboy Pizza to take and bake, salad, ice cream and
strawberries. Also hummus, crudites, and mixed nuts to munch while waiting
for the pizza to bake. Pretty basic and very easy.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri, it is national ice cream CONE day, so your ice cream should be in a cone. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
> >
> > Anything you all are doing?

> Papa Murphy's Cowboy Pizza to take and bake, salad, ice cream and
> strawberries. Also hummus, crudites, and mixed nuts to munch while
> waiting for the pizza to bake. Pretty basic and very easy.
>
> Cheri

Sounds good! I may make Pizza dough once the french bread is cleared
of the machine.

I really want a salad but am out of salad greens.

Break

I put together some simple potatoes. Chopped up 4-5 medium ones to the
cast iron skillet and added olive oil and bacon fat. I added about 2/3
cup chopped fresh onion. Then some roasted garlic powder, bourbon
smoked black pepper and Mount Elbert's seasoning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Cheri, it is national ice cream CONE day, so your ice cream should be in a
> cone. ;-))
>
> N.

OK, I will keep that in mind.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 11:48 AM, cshenk wrote:
> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>
> Anything you all are doing?

I'm planning to bake some thin-cut pork chops. Haven't gotten much
further in my planning yet.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 10:48 AM, cshenk wrote:
> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>
> Anything you all are doing?

Â* Lunch was some BLT's with fresh picked tomatoes ... dinner will be a
nice veggie beef soup with barley and fresh-baked rolls . It's a bit
chilly here today .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>
> Anything you all are doing?

Lentils and Kielbasa, brown rice, salad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 10:48:40 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>
>Anything you all are doing?

I'm doing some country style pork ribs (with bones) on the grill. I
will slather with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce when almost done. We'll
have parsley buttered boiled baby red potatoes and sour cream cucumber
salad.
I baked a zucchini chocolate cake today and a couple of loaves of
zucchini bread.. Tomorrow I pull that zucchini plant!!!
Kind of a last hurrah to summer.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Cheri, it is national ice cream CONE day, so your ice cream should be in a
> cone. ;-))
>
> N.

OK, I will keep that in mind.

Cheri

===

You could stick a cone on top as decoration? )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2018 3:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>>
>> Anything you all are doing?

> Lentils and Kielbasa, brown rice, salad.

Lentils and brown rice sounds like a bit of carb overkill.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> > Cheri, it is national ice cream CONE day, so your ice cream should be in a
> > cone. ;-))
> >
> > N.

> OK, I will keep that in mind.
>
> Cheri
>
> ===
>
> You could stick a cone on top as decoration? )

Lol, Ms.O...

;-D

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 10:48:40 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
> >
> > Anything you all are doing?

> I'm doing some country style pork ribs (with bones) on the grill. I
> will slather with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce when almost done. We'll
> have parsley buttered boiled baby red potatoes and sour cream cucumber
> salad.
> I baked a zucchini chocolate cake today and a couple of loaves of
> zucchini bread.. Tomorrow I pull that zucchini plant!!!
> Kind of a last hurrah to summer.
> Janet US

LOl, I dropped the pan of potatoes so now we have a bunch of rice going
with garlich and poached chicken in broth. THat will go over rice with
fresh bread at the side and some steamed cabbage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/22/2018 3:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>>> I'm looking at some basic stuff, no real plan yet.
>>>
>>> Anything you all are doing?

>> Lentils and Kielbasa, brown rice, salad.

> Lentils and brown rice sounds like a bit of carb overkill.
>
> Jill

Gardeners eat lots of carbs ... pfffrrroooooop!

The next day, they usually dine only on beaver ... no carbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
> > Cheri, it is national ice cream CONE day, so your ice cream should be in
> > cone. ;-))
> >
> > N.

> OK, I will keep that in mind.
>
> Cheri
>
> ===
>
> You could stick a cone on top as decoration? )

Lol, Ms.O...

;-D

Greg

===

It will just look like a tall hat ;p

PROUD AND LAZY COOKING JAG Tommy Joe General Cooking 100 10-01-2013 04:09 AM
Lazy person's rice cooking method DavidW General Cooking 57 16-07-2012 10:39 AM
Big Jim's Lazy-Q FAQ [email protected] Barbecue 0 08-03-2005 10:42 PM
Big Jim's Lazy-Q FAQ Rob Barbecue 3 19-11-2004 03:30 PM
Lazy Day Cooking? The Ranger General Cooking 44 24-06-2004 09:28 PM