Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What would you serve with it, other than rice?

I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.

Honey Soy Chicken Breasts

Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 1 hr
Total Time 3 hrs

Ingredients

1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup light soy sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless

Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into a
large Ziploc bag.
Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or
overnight.
Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal
temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
..
Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
Recipe Notes

The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time will
vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

--
http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>
> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts

I did get your first post, just so you know.

<snip a bit>

> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.

Personally, I wouldn't brush the marinade on that chicken while
it's cooking. I would take that marinade, heat it up well and
thicken slightly with cornstarch. Most chefs say to reserve some
of the marinade rather then reuse it. I see no problem as long as
it's heated enough to kill all the chicken germs.

I would eat that chicken with no rice but baked or mashed
potatoes. Or rice if you prefer that. I'd add corn and some green
vegetable...brocolli sounds good to me. Once all plated, spoon
the thickened marinade over the chicken and even partly on the
vegetables and plate.

You asked for opinions. This is what I would do, not telling you
what to do.

Your chicken sounds good regardless. Enjoy. Post a report later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:38:08 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I would eat that chicken with no rice but baked or mashed
> potatoes. I'd add corn and some green and some green
> vegetable.

Two starches?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>

> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>
> Prep Time 10 mins
> Cook Time 1 hr
> Total Time 3 hrs
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1/4 cup honey
> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
> 4 cloves minced garlic
> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>
> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into
> a large Ziploc bag.
> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
> or overnight.
> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
> and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
> chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
> internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
> .
> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
> Recipe Notes
>
> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
> will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

I would serve broccoli and some kine of simple pasta.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>
> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts

I did get your first post, just so you know.

<snip a bit>

> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.

Personally, I wouldn't brush the marinade on that chicken while
it's cooking. I would take that marinade, heat it up well and
thicken slightly with cornstarch. Most chefs say to reserve some
of the marinade rather then reuse it. I see no problem as long as
it's heated enough to kill all the chicken germs.

I would eat that chicken with no rice but baked or mashed
potatoes. Or rice if you prefer that. I'd add corn and some green
vegetable...brocolli sounds good to me. Once all plated, spoon
the thickened marinade over the chicken and even partly on the
vegetables and plate.

You asked for opinions. This is what I would do, not telling you
what to do.

Your chicken sounds good regardless. Enjoy. Post a report later.

==

Thank you. I appreciate you comments I will report back later

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>

> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>
> Prep Time 10 mins
> Cook Time 1 hr
> Total Time 3 hrs
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1/4 cup honey
> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
> 4 cloves minced garlic
> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>
> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into
> a large Ziploc bag.
> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
> or overnight.
> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
> and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
> chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
> internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
> .
> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
> Recipe Notes
>
> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
> will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

I would serve broccoli and some kine of simple pasta.

Cheri

==

Sounds good! Thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:38:08 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > I would eat that chicken with no rice but baked or mashed
> > potatoes. I'd add corn and some green and some green
> > vegetable.
> >

> Two starches?

Chicken, potato, corn, green veg
Where are 2 starches?
Is corn considered a starch? Yeah, I suppose it is.
I love fresh corn...eat it very often.
Regardless...that would be my medley.
Sounds good to me and you only live once.
I'm just trying to enjoy the trip.
So far, so good!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> Your chicken sounds good regardless. Enjoy. Post a report later.
>
> ==
>
> Thank you. I appreciate you comments I will report back later

Ya know....The chicken sounds really good to me and I've got all
the ingredients here right now except I have chicken thighs
rather than breasts. I am very tempted to do just this with a
couple of thighs...let it marinate overnight then cook in the
morning. hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, please do tell how you BOTH liked/disliked it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> Your chicken sounds good regardless. Enjoy. Post a report later.
>
> ==
>
> Thank you. I appreciate you comments I will report back later

Ya know....The chicken sounds really good to me and I've got all
the ingredients here right now except I have chicken thighs
rather than breasts. I am very tempted to do just this with a
couple of thighs...let it marinate overnight then cook in the
morning. hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, please do tell how you BOTH liked/disliked it.

===

I would have used chicken thighs if I didn't have some breasts in the
freezer.

We will be having them tomorrow now. I have the chicken marinating in the
fridge overnight!

Oh I used maple syrup instead of honey. It tastes great

I often change things around to suit us. For example some recipes for this
type of sauce says to use ginger. We don't like it so I don't use it.

it still tastes jolly good.

I have Dsi1 to blame for this kind of food you know! It was all his fault
that we now love it)

I had never really used soy before, now I use it for a lot of things

I just made up a batch of Teriyaki sauce for the freezer. That has a great
flavour

That uses some cornflour to thicken, similar to what you were suggesting.

A favourite recipe here is :

Red Cooked Soy Sauce Chicken

What You'll Need
3 to 3 1/2 pound chicken
1 cup light soy sauce
1 cup dark soy sauce
1/2 cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup Chinese rock sugar
4 cups water
Dried mushrooms
Onions
leeks

How to Make It
Saute onions and leeks
Soak mushrooms
Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
In a pot large enough to hold the chicken (I use an 8-quart pot) combine the
light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, sugarand the water.
Bring to a boil.
Add sauteed veg.
Add the chicken, breast side down. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, cover
and cook the chicken for 45 minutes, turning over once or twice and making
sure it cooks for an even amount of time on both sides. Baste the chicken
for a minute or more each time you turn it over.
After 45 minutes, turn off the heat and the let chicken sit, covered €‹until
the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 170
degrees Fahrenheit (about 77 degrees Celsius).
Remove the chicken from the pot, cool and cut into bite-sized pieces. Serves
6 €“ 8 (or 1/2 chicken will serve 4).
If you like, reheat up to 1 cup of the sauce to serve over the chicken.
Reserve the sauce to use again: bring to a boil, cool, and store in a
plastic container in the freezer.

I only cooked a whole chicken in it the first time. I now prefer to use
chicken joints. The sauce is wonderful and I always freeze the leftover
sauce in small portions.

It is delicious on many things

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>

> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>
> Prep Time 10 mins
> Cook Time 1 hr
> Total Time 3 hrs
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1/4 cup honey
> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
> 4 cloves minced garlic
> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>
> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into
> a large Ziploc bag.
> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
> or overnight.
> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
> and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
> chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
> internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
> .
> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
> Recipe Notes
>
> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
> will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

I would serve broccoli and some kine of simple pasta.

Cheri

==

Aye that sounds good to me too, but his nibs has just asked if he can have
new potatoes and corn!

So, there we have it folks! lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>>

>> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>>
>> Prep Time 10 mins
>> Cook Time 1 hr
>> Total Time 3 hrs
>>
>> Ingredients
>>
>> 1/4 cup honey
>> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
>> 4 cloves minced garlic
>> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>>
>> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour
>> into a large Ziploc bag.
>> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
>> or overnight.
>> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie
>> sheet and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until
>> the chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
>> internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
>> .
>> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it
>> over low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it
>> cooks.
>> Recipe Notes
>>
>> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
>> will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
>> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

> I would serve broccoli and some kine of simple pasta.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Aye that sounds good to me too, but his nibs has just asked if he can have
> new potatoes and corn!
>
> So, there we have it folks! lol

That sounds great!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 11:29:21 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> " wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:38:08 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Two starches?

> Chicken, potato, corn, green veg
> Where are 2 starches?

Potatoes and corn. Why not add macaroni and cheese and rolls?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>>

>> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>>
>> Prep Time 10 mins
>> Cook Time 1 hr
>> Total Time 3 hrs
>>
>> Ingredients
>>
>> 1/4 cup honey
>> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
>> 4 cloves minced garlic
>> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>>
>> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour
>> into a large Ziploc bag.
>> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
>> or overnight.
>> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie
>> sheet and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until
>> the chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
>> internal temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
>> .
>> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it
>> over low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it
>> cooks.
>> Recipe Notes
>>
>> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
>> will vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
>> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.

> I would serve broccoli and some kine of simple pasta.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Aye that sounds good to me too, but his nibs has just asked if he can have
> new potatoes and corn!
>
> So, there we have it folks! lol

That sounds great!

Cheri

==

If he is happy, I am happy ))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:25:34 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>

> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>
> Prep Time 10 mins
> Cook Time 1 hr
> Total Time 3 hrs
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1/4 cup honey
> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
> 4 cloves minced garlic
> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>
> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into a
> large Ziploc bag.
> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or
> overnight.
> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
> and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
> chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal
> temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
> .
> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
> Recipe Notes
>
> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time will
> vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.
>

> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

How about Couscous? I really like Israeli Couscous.
Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" wrote in message

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 7:25:34 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it. Apols if I have.
>

> Honey Soy Chicken Breasts
>
> Prep Time 10 mins
> Cook Time 1 hr
> Total Time 3 hrs
>
> Ingredients
>
> 1/4 cup honey
> 1/3 cup light soy sauce
> 4 cloves minced garlic
> 4 large chicken breasts not boneless skinless
>
> Stir together all the ingredients except the chicken breasts and pour into
> large Ziploc bag.
> Add the chicken breasts and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
> or
> overnight.
> Place the marinaded chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
> and bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the
> chicken is fully cooked. I use a meat thermometer to make sure the
> internal
> temperature is between 170 and 180 degrees F
> .
> Do not throw out the marinade. While the chicken is cooking simmer it over
> low heat and brush it on the chicken about every 10 minutes as it cooks.
> Recipe Notes
>
> The total prep time reflects the marinating time as well. The cook time
> will
> vary from 45-60 minutes depending on the actual size of your chicken
> breasts,. Use a meat thermometer to be sure they are completely cooked.
>

> --
> http//www.helpforheroes.org.uk

How about Couscous? I really like Israeli Couscous.
Rosie

===

Do you know, that is not something I have ever had! I can see I must try it
one day,

Thanks)