Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MSN: "10 Polite Habits That Restaurant Staffers Secretly Dislike"

I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2018 8:35 PM, wrote:
> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

Which two?

I certainly don't try to "help" a server by taking items off a balanced
tray. I know what a balancing act that can be! One little tip and all
those drinks go right into your lap.

And no, please don't seat yourself unless the sign or the host(ess) says
so. There's a wait and a few empty tables for a reason. The restaurant
flow doesn't work if people just seat themselves and put a server who
can't handle another table in the weeds.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/17/2018 6:35 PM, wrote:
> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

This is nonsense:

"Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."

I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.

Turns out, it was!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 7/17/2018 6:35 PM, wrote:
>> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

> This is nonsense:
>
> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>
> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter" tip,
> back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
> thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>
> Turns out, it was!
>
> nb

Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
failures etc., orders slow.
Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-18 11:21 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/17/2018 6:35 PM, wrote:
>> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

> This is nonsense:
>
> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>
> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
> tip, back at us.Â* Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
> Â*thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>
> Turns out, it was!Â*

;-)
My mother was having lunch with a friend and they were talking with a
couple at the next table. They had lots of time to talk because the
service was so slow, even though they were the only two tables. When
the meals arrived some of the food was cold. When the other table left
the guy left a really small tip. The waitress ran out after them and
screamed and cursed at them. My mother, rather than being intimidated
by that behaviour, left an equally small tip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 11:26 AM, Cheri wrote:

>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>> tip, back at us.* Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because
>> she thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>
>> Turns out, it was!*
>>
>> nb

> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
> failures etc., orders slow.
> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL
>
> Cheri

I never stiffed a waitperson for problems of the kitchen.

Only twice did I not tip well. Once where the waitress was the problem,
just lain incompetent. Another time the bill was added up wrong. I
left a note to do the math correctly and they you will find a tip. I'm
not sure if it was bad math or an intentional scam to add a few bucks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 11:21 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/17/2018 6:35 PM, wrote:
>> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

> This is nonsense:
>
> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>
> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
> tip, back at us.Â* Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
> Â*thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>
> Turns out, it was!Â*
>
> nb

What the heck is a starter tip?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/18/2018 11:26 AM, Cheri wrote:
>

>>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>>> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
>>> thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>>
>>> Turns out, it was!
>>>
>>> nb

>> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
>> failures etc., orders slow.
>> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL
>>
>> Cheri

> I never stiffed a waitperson for problems of the kitchen.
>
> Only twice did I not tip well. Once where the waitress was the problem,
> just lain incompetent. Another time the bill was added up wrong. I left
> a note to do the math correctly and they you will find a tip. I'm not
> sure if it was bad math or an intentional scam to add a few bucks.

It was a hellish day, I remember it well, we all had a good laugh over it
later.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/18/2018 11:21 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 7/17/2018 6:35 PM, wrote:
>>> I'd never have guessed at least one or two of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

>> This is nonsense:
>>
>> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>>
>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
>> Â thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>
>> Turns out, it was!Â
>>
>> nb

> What the heck is a starter tip?
>
> Jill

People tipping for their own meals when using separate checks? At least
that's how I take it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/18/2018 11:26 AM, Cheri wrote:
>

>>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>>> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
>>> thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>>
>>> Turns out, it was!
>>>
>>> nb

>> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
>> failures etc., orders slow.
>> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL
>>
>> Cheri

> I never stiffed a waitperson for problems of the kitchen.
>
> Only twice did I not tip well. Once where the waitress was the problem,
> just lain incompetent. Another time the bill was added up wrong. I left
> a note to do the math correctly and they you will find a tip. I'm not
> sure if it was bad math or an intentional scam to add a few bucks.

A much better site for complaints about customers.

https://www.stainedapron.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-18 10:19 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

>>> This is nonsense:
>>>
>>> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>>>
>>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>>> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because
>>> she  thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>>
>>> Turns out, it was!Â
>>>
>>> nb

>> What the heck is a starter tip?
>>
>> Jill

> People tipping for their own meals when using separate checks? At least
> that's how I take it.
>
> Cheri

I used to go to singles evenings at a bar where we used a starter tip.
The problem was that some single women would nurse a glass of water all
evening and therefore cut into the waitresses' income. So I instituted a
$2 per person charge and we then gave the waitress $40-$60 up front and
had fantastic service thereafter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 10:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> What the heck is a starter tip?

A tip one of our cow orkers gave the server to get her to chill the Hell
out. He tipped her all the change he had in his pocket in order to calm
her down. We hadn't even ordered, yet!

She threw the coins back at him, we left before ordering, and we told
the head server why we were leaving and never coming back (he did
nothing). It was a real "Kitchen Nightmare" moment.

We ate out almost every Friday, so knew how to treat wait-staff. This
female server was jes nuts!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 7/18/2018 10:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> What the heck is a starter tip?

> A tip one of our cow orkers gave the server to get her to chill the Hell
> out. He tipped her all the change he had in his pocket in order to calm
> her down. We hadn't even ordered, yet!
>
> She threw the coins back at him, we left before ordering, and we told the
> head server why we were leaving and never coming back (he did nothing).
> It was a real "Kitchen Nightmare" moment.
>
> We ate out almost every Friday, so knew how to treat wait-staff. This
> female server was jes nuts!
>
> nb

Wow, I was really wrong on what I thought it was.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
> failures etc., orders slow.
> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL

How sad was that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> My mother was having lunch with a friend and they were talking with a
> couple at the next table. They had lots of time to talk because the
> service was so slow, even though they were the only two tables. When
> the meals arrived some of the food was cold. When the other table left
> the guy left a really small tip. The waitress ran out after them and
> screamed and cursed at them. My mother, rather than being intimidated
> by that behaviour, left an equally small tip.

I know that waiters/waitresses count on tips. I've always given a
good tip even if the service could have been a bit better..If the
kitchen is slow or the food isn't all that, don't penalize the
waitress.

On my daughter's 16th birthday, she wanted an Outback steak
dinner so I took her there.
Oh nevermind.....might have told this story before but
regardless, I don't feel like writing about it again. Quick
summary, waitress wrongly assumed I was an old guy dating a young
teenage girl. She treated my daughter nice and was very cold to
me. I did pull the waitress aside at the end and straighten her
out. It ruined my night but daughter never picked up on it. I've
never gone back since.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
>> failures etc., orders slow.
>> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL

> How sad was that?

It was actually funny, we got a good laugh out of it...the customer was gone
by the time the table was cleared and the dime found. Smart man.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 12:53 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Why > did she need to chill the hell out?

This goes back to the original issue in the article, which was,
"Splitting the check at the end" and the statement, "Any server is more
than happy to split a bill among a few friends".

This one didn't! She freaked out before we had even ordered. My cow
orker (3) was jes trying to calm her down and she freaked out, even
more. Ruined our entire lunch, which we were never able to enjoy. 8|

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 12:19 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ignout#image=1

>>> This is nonsense:
>>>
>>> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>>>
>>> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
>>> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because
>>> she  thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>>>
>>> Turns out, it was!Â
>>>
>>> nb

>> What the heck is a starter tip?
>>
>> Jill

> People tipping for their own meals when using separate checks? At least
> that's how I take it.
>
> Cheri

I still don't understand. Separate tips with separate checks, sure.
"Starter tip" sounds like they gave her money before she actually served
them. It's confusing.

When I worked as a server I had no problem with separate checks. In
fact, I preferred them for larger parties. I did have some problems
when they couldn't figure out who owed what, but that was their problem,
not mine.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 2:34 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 10:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> What the heck is a starter tip?

> A tip one of our cow orkers gave the server to get her to chill the Hell
> out.Â* He tipped her all the change he had in his pocket in order to calm
> her down.Â* We hadn't even ordered, yet!

Okay... well that's unusual. I'd have asked to move to a different
section or asked to speak with the manager.

> She threw the coins back at him, we left before ordering, and we told
> the head server why we were leaving and never coming back (he did
> nothing).Â*Â* It was a real "Kitchen Nightmare" moment.
>
> We ate out almost every Friday, so knew how to treat wait-staff.Â* This
> female server was jes nuts!Â*
>
> nb

I worked with a server at O'Charley's who was a nut job. She tried to
bum cigarettes from people at one of her tables and sat down and told
them all about her sad sack life. She informed them she was taking
Xanax. Okay, that's just wrong. She would likely have thrown change
back at them but she didn't have the opporunity. She was immediately fired.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 3:47 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 12:53 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Â*Why > did she need to chill the hell out?

> This goes back to the original issue in the article, which was,
> "Splitting the check at the end" and the statement, "Any server is more
> than happy to split a bill among a few friends".
>
> This one didn't!Â* She freaked out before we had even ordered.Â* My cow
> orker (3) was jes trying to calm her down and she freaked out, even
> more.Â* Ruined our entire lunch, which we were never able to enjoy.Â* 8|
>
> nb

That's just one person. As a server I never had a problem with separate
checks. In fact, if you have more than 6 people at a table it's preferred.

The server will try to split the bill if asked but it's the customers
who don't think it's fair if they only had a salad and a glass of water
and wind up paying for all that other stuff everyone else ate. Separate
checks are much easier.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 5:21:33 AM UTC-10, notbob wrote:

> This is nonsense:
>
> "Any server is more than happy to split a bill among a few friends."
>
> I've had a server throw the loose change she was given as a "starter"
> tip, back at us. Jes up and "threw" the change at the table because she
> thought that "starter" tip was all she was gonna get.
>
> Turns out, it was!
>
> nb

"Starter tip?" I like it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-18 4:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 3:47 PM, notbob wrote:

> That's just one person.Â* As a server I never had a problem with separate
> checks.Â* In fact, if you have more than 6 people at a table it's preferred.
>
> The server will try to split the bill if asked but it's the customers
> who don't think it's fair if they only had a salad and a glass of water
> and wind up paying for all that other stuff everyone else ate.Â* Separate
> checks are much easier.

If I ran the world separate checks would be the default.

My wife will not return to a place that used to be a regular haunt for
us because they would not give separate bills. She and some of her
fellow teachers went out for lunch there, each one taking on of their
students. The idea was that each would pay for their meal and their
student guest. That was pre debit card days and would have been a real
PITA to sort out with cash. AFAIAC, dealing with payment is part of the
service that the server is supposed to provide and for which they expect
a tip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-18 2:54 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> Once where I worked the kitchen was having a really bad day, equipment
>>> failures etc., orders slow.
>>> Someone left a dime for a tip. LOL

>> How sad was that?

> It was actually funny, we got a good laugh out of it...the customer was
> gone by the time the table was cleared and the dime found. Smart man.

I think that the smallest tip I ever left was for a waiter who had been
rude and snotty throughout the meal. The worst part was when I paid the
bill with a $100 American Express Travelers quench. The bill came to
about $65. This was at least 30 years ago, and at the time the exchange
rate was about 30%. He brought back more than $60 change. I noticed the
error immediately and tried to point it out, but he got snotty and told
me that he had checked his figures carefully. I told him a second time,
and he was even snottier, telling me that he had told me that he had
checked his figures carefully. I tried to tell him a third time and he
just cut me right off. Fine. Forget about it. The jerk who had checked
his figures carefully had obviously assumed that the American Express
TC was American funds and had given me exchange, but they were Canadian
funds. He had given me almost $30 too much change. I tried three times
too tell him that he had made a big mistake in my favour. I imagine that
he had to eat his error, and he got a very much reduced tip because he
had been so damned rude about everything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 2:34 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 7/18/2018 10:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> What the heck is a starter tip?

>> A tip one of our cow orkers gave the server to get her to chill the
>> Hell out. He tipped her all the change he had in his pocket in order
>> to calm her down. We hadn't even ordered, yet!
>>

> Okay... well that's unusual. I'd have asked to move to a different
> section or asked to speak with the manager.
>
>> She threw the coins back at him, we left before ordering, and we told
>> the head server why we were leaving and never coming back (he did
>> nothing). It was a real "Kitchen Nightmare" moment.
>>
>> We ate out almost every Friday, so knew how to treat wait-staff.
>> This female server was jes nuts!
>>
>> nb

> I worked with a server at O'Charley's who was a nut job. She tried to
> bum cigarettes from people at one of her tables and sat down and told
> them all about her sad sack life. She informed them she was taking
> Xanax. Okay, that's just wrong. She would likely have thrown change
> back at them but she didn't have the opporunity. She was immediately
> fired.
>
> Jill

How many jobs have you had? I'm 50 and I've had only five including
McDonald's when I was a teen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-18 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:

>> I worked with a server at O'Charley's who was a nut job.Â* She tried to
>> bum cigarettes from people at one of her tables and sat down and told
>> them all about her sad sack life.Â* She informed them she was taking
>> Xanax.Â* Okay, that's just wrong.Â* She would likely have thrown change
>> back at them but she didn't have the opporunity.Â* She was immediately
>> fired.
>>
>> Jill

> How many jobs have you had?Â* I'm 50 and I've had only five including
> McDonald's when I was a teen.

My brother and his co-worker are having trouble with a co-worker. He
works part time in the tasting room of a local winery. They tried to
talk to her politely about her constantly butting in while they are
dealing with customers but she freaked out. Apparently she is the
girlfriend of a friend of the boyfriend of the owner's daughter. She
knows everything and has worked at everything. She has had at least a
dozen jobs since she graduated.

He pointed out how different that is from the experience of the good
co-worker and himself. They had both worked at part time jobs until
graduation and then into their career jobs until retirement. They now
work at the winery just to keep busy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:

> How many jobs have you had?Â* I'm 50 and I've had only five including
> McDonald's when I was a teen.

I had three as a teen, four as an adult. 7 years, 11 years, 9 years, 27
years. Left the first three because the business was sold/moved.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 10:33 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> How many jobs have you had?ÂÂ* I'm 50 and I've had only five
>>> including McDonald's when I was a teen.

>> My brother and his co-worker are having trouble with a co-worker.
>> He works part time in the tasting room of a local winery. They
>> tried to talk to her politely about her constantly butting in
>> while they are dealing with customers but she freaked out.
>> Apparently she is the girlfriend of a friend of the boyfriend of
>> the owner's daughter. She knows everything and has worked at
>> everything. She has had at least a dozen jobs since she graduated.
>>
>> He pointed out how different that is from the experience of the
>> good co-worker and himself. They had both worked at part time
>> jobs until graduation and then into their career jobs until
>> retirement. They now work at the winery just to keep busy.
>>

> Too complicated! She probably just needs a good slap in the face!

I didn't realize you faggots are so violent.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-19 10:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:
>
>> How many jobs have you had?Â* I'm 50 and I've had only five including
>> McDonald's when I was a teen.

> I had three as a teen, four as an adult.Â* 7 years, 11 years, 9 years, 27
> years.Â* Left the first three because the business was sold/moved.

I am closer to a dozen. Most of them were part time and summer jobs in
my youth. While at university I had a number of positions with the
university. In my last year I was the animal technician for the Psych
department, spent the summer as research assistant for my thesis adviser
and during the school year I was TA for two of his courses. After
graduating I had two term positions on contract. Then I got a contract
position with the provincial government that led to a full time
position. I had several promotions over the years and stayed with them
28 years before I got an early retirement.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-19 10:33 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> My brother and his co-worker are having trouble with a co-worker.
>> He works part time in the tasting room of a local winery. They
>> tried to talk to her politely about her constantly butting in
>> while they are dealing with customers but she freaked out.
>> Apparently she is the girlfriend of a friend of the boyfriend of
>> the owner's daughter. She knows everything and has worked at
>> everything. She has had at least a dozen jobs since she graduated.
>>
>> He pointed out how different that is from the experience of the
>> good co-worker and himself. They had both worked at part time
>> jobs until graduation and then into their career jobs until
>> retirement. They now work at the winery just to keep busy.
>>

> Too complicated! She probably just needs a good slap in the face!

I don't think you can do that any more. All they did was to say that
they had to talk to her and told her that she has to stop interferring
and interrupting them all the time. That was as far as they got when she
freaked out and said that they were lazy and didn't do anything all day
but stand around and complain about the owners. My brother, a retired
cop, never trusted her from the start and made a point of never talking
about the owners in her presence. Then she stopped talking to them.

The coworker, the more senior, was approached by the owner's daughter,
the one who had hired her boyfriend's friend's girlfriend, and asked
what had happened on the weekend, so she obviously went whining to her
boss/friend when all they had done was to asked her to stop doing those
things that were so annoying. They hadn't even mentioned that once or
twice a day she would reach into her purse and discretely slip
something out and go to the washroom for a couple minutes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 12:06 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I don't think you can do that any more. All they did was to say that
> they had to talk to her and told her that she has to stop interferring
> and interrupting them all the time. That was as far as they got when she
> freaked out and said that they were lazy and didn't do anything all day
> but stand around and complain about the owners.Â*Â* My brother, a retired
> cop, never trusted her from the start and made a point of never talking
> about the owners in her presence. Then she stopped talking to them.

You need a good boss to recognize workplace poison. Too bad it
doesn't always work out that way.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On 2018-07-19 10:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 7/18/2018 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> How many jobs have you had?A I'm 50 and I've had only five including
>>> McDonald's when I was a teen.

>> I had three as a teen, four as an adult.A 7 years, 11 years, 9 years, 27
>> years.A Left the first three because the business was sold/moved.

>I am closer to a dozen. Most of them were part time and summer jobs in
>my youth. While at university I had a number of positions with the
>university. In my last year I was the animal technician for the Psych
>department, spent the summer as research assistant for my thesis adviser
>and during the school year I was TA for two of his courses. After
>graduating I had two term positions on contract. Then I got a contract
>position with the provincial government that led to a full time
>position. I had several promotions over the years and stayed with them
>28 years before I got an early retirement.

that was pretty interesting

like most people I had a variety of jobs when younger - in college for
one school year I was accompanist and manager for the women's chorus ...
we performed a piece by Andrew Imbrie who came to the concert and I got
to meet him

speaking of "famous" musical people, I met Victor Borge after seeing him
perform - he was at a restaurant sitting by himself, and my mom and I
were like that's him! so we went over and said hi and how much we enjoyed
his show etc ... and we completely forgot to ask for his autograph! duh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message news
writes:
>On 2018-07-19 10:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 7/18/2018 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> How many jobs have you had?A I'm 50 and I've had only five including
>>> McDonald's when I was a teen.

>> I had three as a teen, four as an adult.A 7 years, 11 years, 9 years, 27
>> years.A Left the first three because the business was sold/moved.

>I am closer to a dozen. Most of them were part time and summer jobs in
>my youth. While at university I had a number of positions with the
>university. In my last year I was the animal technician for the Psych
>department, spent the summer as research assistant for my thesis adviser
>and during the school year I was TA for two of his courses. After
>graduating I had two term positions on contract. Then I got a contract
>position with the provincial government that led to a full time
>position. I had several promotions over the years and stayed with them
>28 years before I got an early retirement.

that was pretty interesting

like most people I had a variety of jobs when younger - in college for
one school year I was accompanist and manager for the women's chorus ...
we performed a piece by Andrew Imbrie who came to the concert and I got
to meet him

speaking of "famous" musical people, I met Victor Borge after seeing him
perform - he was at a restaurant sitting by himself, and my mom and I
were like that's him! so we went over and said hi and how much we enjoyed
his show etc ... and we completely forgot to ask for his autograph! duh

==

Lovely memories though)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:02:00 -0400, John Granade
> wrote:

>On 7/19/2018 10:33 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Too complicated! She probably just needs a good slap in the face!
>>

>I didn't realize you faggots are so violent.

How do you think the faggot controls the little boys he molests. . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/2018 3:47 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 12:53 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Â*Why > did she need to chill the hell out?

> This goes back to the original issue in the article, which was,
> "Splitting the check at the end" and the statement, "Any server is more
> than happy to split a bill among a few friends".
>
> This one didn't!Â* She freaked out before we had even ordered.Â* My cow
> orker (3) was jes trying to calm her down and she freaked out, even
> more.Â* Ruined our entire lunch, which we were never able to enjoy.Â* 8|
>
> nb

Is there some reason you keep calling him your cow orker? Keyboard
malfunction? (Tee hee!)

There's a simple solution to a bad server - move to another
station/section. Servers are assigned specific tables. If you get a
server with an attitude before you've even placed your order, sit
somewhere else.

Still, I've never heard of a "starter tip". The minute the person threw
his change back I'd have asked to be reseated (or just plain walked out
and found a different restaurant).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 10:51 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/18/2018 7:52 PM, Alex wrote:
>
>> How many jobs have you had?Â* I'm 50 and I've had only five including
>> McDonald's when I was a teen.

> I had three as a teen, four as an adult.Â* 7 years, 11 years, 9 years, 27
> years.Â* Left the first three because the business was sold/moved.

I wonder why Alex is so concerned about my employment history? I know
very few people who went into a job when they graduated who also stayed
there until they reached retirement age. Businesses come and go;
circumstances alter. People change jobs for various reasons. What does
it matter?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/19/2018 4:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 20:15:24 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> writes:
>>
>>> Is there some reason you keep calling him your cow orker? Keyboard
>>> malfunction? (Tee hee!)

>> obviously you've never orked a cow
>>
>> it's great fun

> Several times a week Sheldon sneaks over to his neighbors farm in
> the middle of the night to ork cows in the nude.
>
> -sw

LOLOL!

Jill