Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ISO Baked Beans recipe

I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
please?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message

> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> please?
> Janet US

When I make those, I add prepared yellow mustard, brown sugar, a dash or two
of hot sauce, red pepper flakes, bacon or ham cubes, and usually a cut up
onion. No real recipe, just to taste and the amount depends on the quantity
of the canned beans.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:51:57 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
.. .

>> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
>> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
>> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
>> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
>> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
>> please?
>> Janet US

>When I make those, I add prepared yellow mustard, brown sugar, a dash or two
>of hot sauce, red pepper flakes, bacon or ham cubes, and usually a cut up
>onion. No real recipe, just to taste and the amount depends on the quantity
>of the canned beans.
>
>Cheri

the yellow mustard sounds like a good addition. Should give it that
little bit of bite. thanks
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 12:47:33 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
>beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
>I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
>of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
>what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
>please?
>Janet US

I add Hillshire Farms original kielbasa to Bush's original baked
beans... I slice each kielbasa link into quarters and slow simmer them
for about an hour, dump the water to get rid of the nitrites and then
add the beans and let slow simmer for a couple hours... watch it
doesn't cook too hard or the casings will split.
You can do likewise with your favorite hotdogs/tube steak, we prefer
it with kielbasa. I'd not recommend bacon, that potent flavor is
overpowering.
It's limitless what can be added to canned baked beans, really up to
your taste... I've occasionally added cubed Velveeta along with the
kielbasa cut into coins and made it into a casserole, bake until all
ooey gooey melty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> please?
> Janet US

I think you would like these.

http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...al-baked-beans

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 19:59:27 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Tue 22 May 2018 11:47:33a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
>

>> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really
>> baked beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from
>> the store. I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of
>> recipes all sort of similar. I've never made anything like this.
>> I'm looking for what you consider a good recipe that has some
>> bacon in it. Share, please?
>> Janet US
>>

>Try mine, Janet. I've been making the same recipe that I tweaked
>significantly sice 1975. Most people like it.
>
>Special Baked Beans
>------------------------------------
>2 cans (28-oz) Bush's baked beans, Traditiion Style
>1/2 pound Bacon, diced
>1 2-inch yellow onion, diced
>3 tablespoons Light brown sugar, packed
>3 tablespoons Tomato catsup
>1 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
>1/2 teaspoon French's yellow mustard
>1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
>1/2 teaspoon Tobasco sauce
>1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
>2 tablespoons Bacon fat
>Reserved bean liquid
>
>Pour baked beans into colander and drain, reserving liquid. Turn
>beans into large mixing bowl. Fry diced bacon until crisp. Add
>bacon to beans, reserving fat. Fry diced onion in bacon fat until
>transparent but not brown. Add onion and 2 tablespoons of the bacon
>fat to the beans.
>
>Mix remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add mixture to beans
>and combine all ingredients throughly, but gently. Add sufficient
>reserved bean liquid to moisten bean mixture. It should not be
>soupy.
>
>Turn bean mixture into 2-quart casserole. Beans may be refrigerated
>and held one or two days until baking.
>
>Prheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake beans uncovered for 45 minutes or
>until a crust forms on top. Serves six.

thank you, Wayne. It's nice to have measurements for a first trial.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:28:55 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
>> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
>> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
>> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
>> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
>> please?
>> Janet US

>I think you would like these.
>
>http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...al-baked-beans

Wow! That sounds good. Thanks.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I add hickory smoke bbq sauce to pork and beans and they're yummy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 12:07:23 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> I add hickory smoke bbq sauce to pork and beans and they're yummy.

I like to add liquid smoke to my beans. I'll also add it to canned tuna salad. In the end, it pretty much tastes like adding barbecue sauce to the beans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:04:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 12:07:23 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> I add hickory smoke bbq sauce to pork and beans and they're yummy.

>I like to add liquid smoke to my beans. I'll also add it to canned tuna salad. In the end, it pretty much tastes like adding barbecue sauce to the beans.

I'd give lighter fluid a try too if i were you. I'm guessing you'd
love it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:55:12 PM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:28:55 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> >> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> >> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> >> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> >> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> >> please?
> >> Janet US

> >I think you would like these.
> >
> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...al-baked-beans

> Wow! That sounds good. Thanks.
> Janet US

best I've found..... everyone loves them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 1:07:10 PM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:

> best I've found..... everyone loves them.

Of course everybody loves it. It has hamburger and bacon in it. Only a commie wouldn't love it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:07:06 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:55:12 PM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:28:55 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:

>> >I think you would like these.
>> >
>> >http://hizzoners.com/index.php/recip...al-baked-beans

>> Wow! That sounds good. Thanks.
>> Janet US

>best I've found..... everyone loves them.

That's like killing a giraffe, cooking it with a carrot and calling
the dish baked carrots.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 4:27:32 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:07:06 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:55:12 PM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:28:55 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

> >> Wow! That sounds good. Thanks.
> >> Janet US

> >best I've found..... everyone loves them.

> That's like killing a giraffe, cooking it with a carrot and calling
> the dish baked carrots.

It is baked beans. Maybe not the traditional kind you are used to. IMHO they are WAY better that traditional baked beans. I like the different types of beans together, it is really good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 4:06:17 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:04:48 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 12:07:23 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> I add hickory smoke bbq sauce to pork and beans and they're yummy.

> >I like to add liquid smoke to my beans. I'll also add it to canned tuna salad. In the end, it pretty much tastes like adding barbecue sauce to the beans.

> I'd give lighter fluid a try too if i were you. I'm guessing you'd
> love it.

I'll agree with you on this one, Bruce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet, to Bush's Original baked beans, I add: yellow mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown
sugar, diced onion and a little sweet pickle relish. I don't measure...just eyeball it. When left to
simmer or bake in a low-temp oven for at least a half hour but preferably longer, the result is SO good!
And even better warmed up as "leftovers."

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> US Janet, to Bush's Original baked beans, I add: yellow mustard, ketchup,
> Worcestershire sauce, brown
> sugar, diced onion and a little sweet pickle relish. I don't
> measure...just eyeball it. When left to
> simmer or bake in a low-temp oven for at least a half hour but preferably
> longer, the result is SO good!
> And even better warmed up as "leftovers."
>
> N.

I like it cold on sandwiches too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. > wrote:

> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> please?
> Janet US

Ive made the Paula Deen recipe for €œSouthern Baked Beans€ and everyone
liked it. I think I might have subbed molasses for the maple syrup,
however. And I pre-cooked the bacon. Either way, I dont think you could
go wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2018 17:58:03 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>US Janet, to Bush's Original baked beans, I add: yellow mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown
>sugar, diced onion and a little sweet pickle relish. I don't measure...just eyeball it. When left to
>simmer or bake in a low-temp oven for at least a half hour but preferably longer, the result is SO good!
>And even better warmed up as "leftovers."
>
>N.

thank you Nancy2, much appreciated.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 May 2018 02:09:32 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>U.S. Janet B. > wrote:
>>
>> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
>> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
>> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
>> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
>> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
>> please?
>> Janet US
>>

>I’ve made the Paula Deen recipe for “Southern Baked Beans” and everyone
>liked it. I think I might have subbed molasses for the maple syrup,
>however. And I pre-cooked the bacon. Either way, I don’t think you could
>go wrong.

That's a nice tip. I didn't think of checking the Food Network.
Thanks
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 1:47:43 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> please?
> Janet US

I MAKE my own!! Starting with dried beans, I soak them first, then drain cook water, add fresh recipe-water, tomato paste, beef bouillon, black pepper, sweet paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, sorghum, bay leaves and bacon and ONIONS browned in the bacon fat!

YUM!! And **** THE CAN! It's called COOKING!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:57:34 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> ...I'd not recommend bacon, that potent flavor is
> overpowering.

OMG! You must be a SuperTaster like Bryan is.

I am NOT! Most are not FYI.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 7:14:51 PM UTC-5, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 4:27:32 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 May 2018 16:07:06 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> > >best I've found..... everyone loves them.

> > That's like killing a giraffe, cooking it with a carrot and calling
> > the dish baked carrots.

> It is baked beans. Maybe not the traditional kind you are used to. IMHO they are WAY better that traditional baked beans. I like the different types of beans together, it is really good.

Me too! My fave mix of beans is a 1lb bag of black eyes peas, garbanzos, red kidney and 1/2 black beans. YUM!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> US Janet, to Bush's Original baked beans, I add: yellow mustard, ketchup,
>> Worcestershire sauce, brown
>> sugar, diced onion and a little sweet pickle relish. I don't
>> measure...just eyeball it. When left to
>> simmer or bake in a low-temp oven for at least a half hour but preferably
>> longer, the result is SO good!
>> And even better warmed up as "leftovers."
>>
>> N.

> I like it cold on sandwiches too.

I love cold baked bean sandwiches. White bread, butter and chopped raw
onions. But I can't understand why someone would buy baked beans then Dr.
them up. I either eat them as they come from the can or I make my own. I
prefer my own. No real recipe. I do them to taste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:57:34 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> ...I'd not recommend bacon, that potent flavor is
>> overpowering.

> OMG! You must be a SuperTaster like Bryan is.
>
> I am NOT! Most are not FYI.
>
> John Kuthe...

I thought I was but I'm not. I do love bacon in baked beans though. And tons
of onions and black pepper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I love cold baked bean sandwiches. White bread, butter and chopped raw
> onions. But I can't understand why someone would buy baked beans then Dr.
> them up. I either eat them as they come from the can or I make my own. I
> prefer my own. No real recipe. I do them to taste.

Right from the can is pretty lame and bland. I start with cans
and doctor them up...add in chopped onion, charred green peppers,
yellow mustard and powdered mustard, brown sugar. That's the
basics but you can also add bacon and even molasses.

If you like them dried out a bit and thicker, put in an uncovered
baking dish and bake for about an hour at 350f.

I've never made a sandwich out of baked beans but I see the
appeal. Once cooked, I do prefer eating them cold and thick
rather than warmed up.

Great with baked potato, mac salad and chunky applesauce. Add a
slice of buttered bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 2:57:34 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> >> ...I'd not recommend bacon, that potent flavor is
> >> overpowering.

> > OMG! You must be a SuperTaster like Bryan is.
> >
> > I am NOT! Most are not FYI.
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I thought I was but I'm not. I do love bacon in baked beans though. And tons
> of onions and black pepper.

same here and at least some of the onions tossed in at the very
end so they provide some crunch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 May 2018 04:17:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>news
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> US Janet, to Bush's Original baked beans, I add: yellow mustard, ketchup,
>>> Worcestershire sauce, brown
>>> sugar, diced onion and a little sweet pickle relish. I don't
>>> measure...just eyeball it. When left to
>>> simmer or bake in a low-temp oven for at least a half hour but preferably
>>> longer, the result is SO good!
>>> And even better warmed up as "leftovers."
>>>
>>> N.

>> I like it cold on sandwiches too.

>I love cold baked bean sandwiches. White bread, butter and chopped raw
>onions. But I can't understand why someone would buy baked beans then Dr.
>them up. I either eat them as they come from the can or I make my own. I
>prefer my own. No real recipe. I do them to taste.

Much quicker than dried beans, plus canned are perfectly cooked. I no
longer bother with dried beans, every kind of bean is available
canned, and when purchased in the larger cans actually costs less than
dried. Lately I've looked at dried beans and their prices are a
shocker, a pound of baby limas were $2.39. The only dried legumes I
buy are peas for pea soup... whole dried peas make a superior soup to
split peas when I can find them... yellow peas make a fine soup too,
add a few ham hocks, much better than bacon.
I doctor canned baked beans all the time, one of my favorites is to
fry a couple thick slabs of bologna and pour in a can of baked beans
to heat and reduce some liquid... hobo steak n' beans.
And I often use an assortment of canned beans to prepare a 3-4-5 bean
salad... a whole lot quicker than cooking several kinds of dried
beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 9:52:40 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2018 04:17:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Cheri" > wrote in message
> >news

> >> I like it cold on sandwiches too.

> >I love cold baked bean sandwiches. White bread, butter and chopped raw
> >onions. But I can't understand why someone would buy baked beans then Dr.
> >them up. I either eat them as they come from the can or I make my own. I
> >prefer my own. No real recipe. I do them to taste.

> Much quicker than dried beans, plus canned are perfectly cooked.

Perfectly overcooked. That's fine in soup, but not desirable
in salad. Which is why I use frozen black-eyed peas for
Texas Caviar.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 7:53:16 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I've never made a sandwich out of baked beans but I see the
> appeal.

Me neither and I can't see the appeal.

My mother made lip-smacking baked beans and I've yet to produce
anything close although I watched her many times make them. She
always used leftover white beans (which for some reason weren't
cooked that often in our house). White sugar, chopped onion,
ketchup and/or a bit of barbecue sauce, and bacon on top of the
beans.

Maybe that's what I need as I don't keep ketchup in the house.
Anyway, everyone in the family still remembers her baked beans
and they were just a bit 'saucy' not runny but not dry either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 8:52:40 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> Much quicker than dried beans, plus canned are perfectly cooked. I no

BS!! Canned beans are pressure cooked to the consistency of PABLUM!

I like my beans to be a bit El Dente, or having a bit of bite to them. Not be mush!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 May 2018 09:37:00 -0700 (PDT), John K00tche wrote:

>On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 8:52:40 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> Much quicker than dried beans, plus canned are perfectly cooked.

>BS!! Canned beans are pressure cooked to the consistency of PABLUM!

FROM SOME PUTZ WHO DOESN'T KNOW BEANS FROM SHINOLA,

>I like my beans to be a bit El Dente, or having a bit of bite to them. Not be mush!
>
>John K00tche

That would be *AL* DENTE, you UNEDUCATED ILLITERATE.
Kootche is by far the LEAST educated RFCer... you LOWEST IQer.
All should know that Kootchi is a CHINESE COOLIE!!!
Show us how you count your measly yen with an abacus...
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha. . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 6:23:12 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> That would be *AL* DENTE, you UNEDUCATED ILLITERATE.
> Kootche is by far the LEAST educated RFCer... you LOWEST IQer.
> All should know that Kootchi is a CHINESE COOLIE!!!
> Show us how you count your measly yen with an abacus...
> Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha. . . .

You butcher Language any way YOU want, and leave the REST OF US THE **** ALONE about it! ShelDUM!! :-(

Namaste

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 7:12:38 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Damn Popeye, yoose need to pour yoose self another tall tumbler o' dat
> crystal palace. Oh hell, why don't yoose just guzzle it straight from
> yoose gallon jug.

ShelDUM only WISHES his DICK COULD GET HARD ANYMORE!!

I have the opposite problem, stays hard too long! :-)

Namaste

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
> please?
> Janet US

what did you wind up making?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 May 2018 08:58:28 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 11:47:43 AM UTC-7, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> I need a recipe for baked beans, the kind that aren't really baked
>> beans, but rather start with some cans of baked beans from the store.
>> I've looked at recipe sites and there are hundreds of recipes all sort
>> of similar. I've never made anything like this. I'm looking for
>> what you consider a good recipe that has some bacon in it. Share,
>> please?
>> Janet US

>what did you wind up making?

Haven't made it yet. I'll get a couple of large cans of Bush beans
(as plain as I can get them) also a can or so of plain cooked beans
and from there just add molasses, garlic, onion, bell pepper, bacon,
mustard and maybe some Sweet Baby Rays or something tomatoey. I'll
taste as I go. I'll put the pan of beans in the smoker along with
whatever I am smoking that day. Don't know yet. Company is coming.
Maybe serve with corn salad, rolls, iced tea/beer. I don't know. Cold
melon slices for dessert. One meal down and 5 more to go.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like the Bush baked beans with maple flavored bacon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:20:01 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2018 08:58:28 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
> >what did you wind up making?

> Haven't made it yet. I'll get a couple of large cans of Bush beans
> (as plain as I can get them) also a can or so of plain cooked beans
> and from there just add molasses, garlic, onion, bell pepper, bacon,
> mustard and maybe some Sweet Baby Rays or something tomatoey. I'll
> taste as I go. I'll put the pan of beans in the smoker along with
> whatever I am smoking that day. Don't know yet.
> Janet US

Well, it your baked bean dish sounds delicious whenever you make it.
Be sure and give us a report on how it turned out once you do cook
it.

Baked Beans Julie Bove Diabetic 94 19-02-2007 09:01 PM
I need a recipe for baked beans, quick [email protected] General Cooking 4 09-01-2006 09:51 PM
EZ Baked Beans for 200 Vamp Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2005 06:08 PM
Recipe for baked beans made with Bushes canned beans Evelyn Erickson General Cooking 0 22-12-2004 11:00 PM
Your favorite Baked Beans recipe? Donna Rose General Cooking 30 24-06-2004 05:50 PM