Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default May 5th

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 6:36:07 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

> They had to change it for the US market because so many people there
> speak Spanish, in which pajero means "******, jerk-off".
>
> Janet UK
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Disney had to rename "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" to "Castle in the Sky" when it was released in the US. Good move.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 6:36:07 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

> They had to change it for the US market because so many people there
> speak Spanish, in which pajero means "******, jerk-off".
>
> Janet UK
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Disney had to rename "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" to "Castle in the Sky" when
it was released in the US. Good move.

==

LOL I like my Pajero! Hopefully people who sneer at it, see it saying to
them '******, Jerk-off' LOLOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 8:00:09 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> LOL I like my Pajero! Hopefully people who sneer at it, see it saying to
> them '******, Jerk-off' LOLOL

I like the name Panjero. Rolls off the tongue really nicely. Montero kind of sucks. My dad had a 1970 Mercury Montego wagon. That was a heck of a station wagon - even though that name sucked too.

My daughter made some banana bread last night. She baked some black, over-ripe bananas first. I have not seen that done before. I guess it's something she came up with. She then made a mash and let it cool down. I gave her a couple of helpful hints: Put a good measure of molasses in with the mashed bananas and also a good measure of salt. I added the salt in the mix. She said "that much salt?" Yup.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...2jdXCssF8TJKTU
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 6:35:38 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> My daughter made some banana bread last night. She baked some black, over-ripe bananas first. I have not seen that done before. I guess it's something she came up with. She then made a mash and let it cool down. I gave her a couple of helpful hints: Put a good measure of molasses in with the mashed bananas and also a good measure of salt. I added the salt in the mix. She said "that much salt?" Yup.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...2jdXCssF8TJKTU

If I bring my own plate, can I have a slice??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 2:34:44 PM UTC-10, wrote:

> If I bring my own plate, can I have a slice??

She made 6 small loaves of banana bread. Five were for my granddaughter's teachers and one was for us. To be fair, she should have given us 50% of the batch but this was not to be. We already ate our one loaf. Sorry about that!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 8:51:57 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 2:34:44 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >
> > If I bring my own plate, can I have a slice??

> She made 6 small loaves of banana bread. Five were for my granddaughter's teachers and one was for us. To be fair, she should have given us 50% of the batch but this was not to be. We already ate our one loaf. Sorry about that!

Hmfph!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 8:51:57 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > She made 6 small loaves of banana bread. Five were for my granddaughter's
> > teachers and one was for us. To be fair, she should have given us 50% of
> > the batch but this was not to be. We already ate our one loaf. Sorry about
> > that!

> Hmfph!

It's OK Joan. He doesn't send me squat either.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 4:29:19 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> It's OK Joan. He doesn't send me squat either.
>
> leo

To do this I'll need a valid CC number and expiration date plus that little bitty number on the back of the card. Is your full name Leonard Blaisdell? Good.

Now how many squats would you like? I can give you a 20% discount on lots of 1000 pieces or more. You're not going to find higher quality squats at a lower price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
dsi1 > wrote:

> Now how many squats would you like? I can give you a 20% discount on lots of
> 1000 pieces or more. You're not going to find higher quality squats at a lower price.

I've been watching Hawaii Five-O since the sixties with about a forty
five year gap in my memory for some reason. I'm on to you.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 6:06:40 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> I've been watching Hawaii Five-O since the sixties with about a forty
> five year gap in my memory for some reason. I'm on to you.
>
> leo

You might be interested in Jack Lord's hair piece instead. It's the real thing kept in a humidity controlled vault since the mid 70's. It's a beautiful piece although of limited practical value since you'd have to have an extraordinarily large head to make this rug not look ridiculous. I'm talking huge here.

It is most special and rare. Certain indiscretions in my associate's business dealings have forced me to liquidate parts of my collection. For the Hawaii Five-0 fan, it would be a priceless addition but I would reluctantly sell it to a discriminating buyer such as yourself for $100 cash. Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 8:00:09 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> ==
>
> LOL I like my Pajero! Hopefully people who sneer at it, see it saying to
> them '******, Jerk-off' LOLOL

I like the name Panjero. Rolls off the tongue really nicely. Montero kind of
sucks. My dad had a 1970 Mercury Montego wagon. That was a heck of a station
wagon - even though that name sucked too.

My daughter made some banana bread last night. She baked some black,
over-ripe bananas first. I have not seen that done before. I guess it's
something she came up with. She then made a mash and let it cool down. I
gave her a couple of helpful hints: Put a good measure of molasses in with
the mashed bananas and also a good measure of salt. I added the salt in the
mix. She said "that much salt?" Yup.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...2jdXCssF8TJKTU

==

I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
bread. Recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> bread. Recipe?

I'll ask my daughter for it. I modified it a bit with molasses and an increased amount of salt.

My daughter went to a Japanese bakery today and got this cute little dessert. It's supposed to resemble butter corn ramen.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...mJtq0xpbVSXoCY

We had a banana split at a Chinese restaurant. It's deconstructed!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...thGUyGDOIX2jaW
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...2jdXCssF8TJKTU
>
> ==
>
> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> bread.

I agree. Both the bread and the presentation looked very
appealing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> bread. Recipe?

I'll ask my daughter for it. I modified it a bit with molasses and an
increased amount of salt.

My daughter went to a Japanese bakery today and got this cute little
dessert. It's supposed to resemble butter corn ramen.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...mJtq0xpbVSXoCY

We had a banana split at a Chinese restaurant. It's deconstructed!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...thGUyGDOIX2jaW

===

Yumm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 May 2018 19:29:13 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell

"> wrote:

>> On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 8:51:57 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

>> > She made 6 small loaves of banana bread. Five were for my granddaughter's
>> > teachers and one was for us. To be fair, she should have given us 50% of
>> > the batch but this was not to be. We already ate our one loaf. Sorry about
>> > that!

>> Hmfph!

>It's OK Joan. He doesn't send me squat either.
>
>leo

Why would you want Gary's squat?
Does a bear squat in the woods?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> bread. Recipe?

The recipe:

1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
5 eggs
salt

Mix together and bake in a 350 oven until done.

You can customize you banana bread by adding stuff like molasses and dark spices and various extracts. I would keep the spices to a minimum to keep their flavor just under the radar. Keeping flavors just under the radar is my favorite trick. My daughter baked the bananas because she through they weren't ripe enough. I haven't tested the recipe so it's all not 100% yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 May 2018 17:05:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
>> bread. Recipe?

>The recipe:
>
>1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed
>2 cups sugar
>2 cups flour
>1/2 cup butter
>2 teaspoons baking soda
>5 eggs
>salt

As much sugar as flour, not my cup of tea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> bread. Recipe?

The recipe:

1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
5 eggs
salt

Mix together and bake in a 350 oven until done.

You can customize you banana bread by adding stuff like molasses and dark
spices and various extracts. I would keep the spices to a minimum to keep
their flavor just under the radar. Keeping flavors just under the radar is
my favorite trick. My daughter baked the bananas because she through they
weren't ripe enough. I haven't tested the recipe so it's all not 100% yet.

==

Thanks very much Saved

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 10:05:34 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> > bread. Recipe?

> The recipe:
>
> 1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed
> 2 cups sugar
> 2 cups flour
> 1/2 cup butter
> 2 teaspoons baking soda
> 5 eggs
> salt
>
> Mix together and bake in a 350 oven until done.
>
> You can customize you banana bread by adding stuff like molasses and dark
> spices and various extracts. I would keep the spices to a minimum to keep
> their flavor just under the radar. Keeping flavors just under the radar is
> my favorite trick. My daughter baked the bananas because she through they
> weren't ripe enough. I haven't tested the recipe so it's all not 100% yet.
>
> ==
>
> Thanks very much Saved

There was a mistake in the recipe. Use one cup of butter instead of half a cup. I should have also said that the butter is melted. Sorry about that.

My wife bought some banana bread from a cafeteria we were at. It was just dry and unpleasant. Haha, they should have used more oil and sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 10:05:34 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I love the flower decoration as much as I like the look of that banana
> > bread. Recipe?

> The recipe:
>
> 1.5 cups ripe bananas, mashed
> 2 cups sugar
> 2 cups flour
> 1/2 cup butter
> 2 teaspoons baking soda
> 5 eggs
> salt
>
> Mix together and bake in a 350 oven until done.
>
> You can customize you banana bread by adding stuff like molasses and dark
> spices and various extracts. I would keep the spices to a minimum to keep
> their flavor just under the radar. Keeping flavors just under the radar is
> my favorite trick. My daughter baked the bananas because she through they
> weren't ripe enough. I haven't tested the recipe so it's all not 100% yet.
>
> ==
>
> Thanks very much Saved

There was a mistake in the recipe. Use one cup of butter instead of half a
cup. I should have also said that the butter is melted. Sorry about that.

My wife bought some banana bread from a cafeteria we were at. It was just
dry and unpleasant. Haha, they should have used more oil and sugar.

==

Heh I bet she doesn't do that too often when you have such good stuff at
home)

Thanks, I've changed the recipe)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks very much Saved
> > Thanks, I've changed the recipe)

And I'll bet you'll never make it then ask for the recipe again
in the next year or two.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks very much Saved
> > Thanks, I've changed the recipe)

And I'll bet you'll never make it then ask for the recipe again
in the next year or two.
==

If you ask Dsi1 he will tell you he has seen me post many recipes he has
shared with me!

So put that in yer pipe and smoke it pal!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much Saved
>> > Thanks, I've changed the recipe)

> And I'll bet you'll never make it then ask for the recipe again
> in the next year or two.
> ==
>
> If you ask Dsi1 he will tell you he has seen me post many recipes he has
> shared with me!
>
> So put that in yer pipe and smoke it pal!

LOL, you tell him Ophelia!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Thanks very much Saved
>> > Thanks, I've changed the recipe)

> And I'll bet you'll never make it then ask for the recipe again
> in the next year or two.
> ==
>
> If you ask Dsi1 he will tell you he has seen me post many recipes he has
> shared with me!
>
> So put that in yer pipe and smoke it pal!

LOL, you tell him Ophelia!

Cheri

==

<g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:58:52 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> If you ask Dsi1 he will tell you he has seen me post many recipes he has
> shared with me!
>
> So put that in yer pipe and smoke it pal!

I love it when you talk American.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:58:52 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> If you ask Dsi1 he will tell you he has seen me post many recipes he has
> shared with me!
>
> So put that in yer pipe and smoke it pal!

I love it when you talk American.

==

LOL is that American? We say it too)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 10:48:23 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love it when you talk American.
>
> ==
>
> LOL is that American? We say it too)

Well waddaya know? You could have knocked me over with a feather!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 10:48:23 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I love it when you talk American.
>
> ==
>
> LOL is that American? We say it too)

Well waddaya know? You could have knocked me over with a feather!

===

Who knows, you might have got it from us ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> The wedding sounds almost like a royal scandal to me. The bride
> has questionable family

and not so proper as England royalty
> might prefer.

You must know very little about royal marriages. Marrying foreigners
recurs throughout their history. It is not unusual for royals to marry
non royal, non-aristocratic commoners (all four of the Queens children
did) or divorced people. Her sister Margaret, no stranger to scandal and
indiscretion, married two commoners,divorced one and remarried. Charles,
future King, divorced and re-married to a divorced commoner.

"Questionable families" are nothing new or exceptional either, look no
further than the family history of Harry's grandfather, foreign
immigrant Prince Philip. His mother had schizophrenia and spent Philips
childhood and most of her life, in a psychiatric institute. His
estranged father pretty much dumped the boy Philip to be brought up by
others in another country. Three of Philips sisters married German Nazis
and the fourth was a friend of Hitler.

None of which made Philip a bad choice as royal consort; he's given
most of his adult life to public service to this country in the Royal
Navy (before during and after the war) and supporting the Queen.

I'll watch the wedding to see the dress, and laugh at Eugenie and
Beatrices sure-to-be-awful outfits and hats. That's about the limit of
my interest in it.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In article >, says...
>
> > The wedding sounds almost like a royal scandal to me. The bride
> > has questionable family

> and not so proper as England royalty
> > might prefer.

> You must know very little about royal marriages. Marrying foreigners
> recurs throughout their history. It is not unusual for royals to marry
> non royal, non-aristocratic commoners (all four of the Queens children
> did) or divorced people. Her sister Margaret, no stranger to scandal and
> indiscretion, married two commoners,divorced one and remarried. Charles,
> future King, divorced and re-married to a divorced commoner.
>
> "Questionable families" are nothing new or exceptional either, look no
> further than the family history of Harry's grandfather, foreign
> immigrant Prince Philip. His mother had schizophrenia and spent Philips
> childhood and most of her life, in a psychiatric institute. His
> estranged father pretty much dumped the boy Philip to be brought up by
> others in another country. Three of Philips sisters married German Nazis
> and the fourth was a friend of Hitler.
>
> None of which made Philip a bad choice as royal consort; he's given
> most of his adult life to public service to this country in the Royal
> Navy (before during and after the war) and supporting the Queen.
>
> I'll watch the wedding to see the dress, and laugh at Eugenie and
> Beatrices sure-to-be-awful outfits and hats. That's about the limit of
> my interest in it.

Thank you for all that, Janet.
I see they have a nice day for all this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> Janet wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
says...

> > > The wedding sounds almost like a royal scandal to me. The bride
> > > has questionable family

> > and not so proper as England royalty
> > > might prefer.

> > You must know very little about royal marriages. Marrying foreigners
> > recurs throughout their history. It is not unusual for royals to marry
> > non royal, non-aristocratic commoners (all four of the Queens children
> > did) or divorced people. Her sister Margaret, no stranger to scandal and
> > indiscretion, married two commoners,divorced one and remarried. Charles,
> > future King, divorced and re-married to a divorced commoner.
> >
> > "Questionable families" are nothing new or exceptional either, look no
> > further than the family history of Harry's grandfather, foreign
> > immigrant Prince Philip. His mother had schizophrenia and spent Philips
> > childhood and most of her life, in a psychiatric institute. His
> > estranged father pretty much dumped the boy Philip to be brought up by
> > others in another country. Three of Philips sisters married German Nazis
> > and the fourth was a friend of Hitler.
> >
> > None of which made Philip a bad choice as royal consort; he's given
> > most of his adult life to public service to this country in the Royal
> > Navy (before during and after the war) and supporting the Queen.
> >
> > I'll watch the wedding to see the dress, and laugh at Eugenie and
> > Beatrices sure-to-be-awful outfits and hats. That's about the limit of
> > my interest in it.

> Thank you for all that, Janet.
> I see they have a nice day for all this.

It's a perfect sunny blue-sky day and the wedding service was lovely
especially the gospel choir singing "Stand by me" and the American
bishop's address :-). Bride's dress was perfect, elegantly simple with
long long veil; she did you proud.

What an entrance she made. I'm betting she starts a fashion for brides
walking themselves down the aisle.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2018 9:47 AM, Janet wrote:

> It's a perfect sunny blue-sky day and the wedding service was lovely
> especially the gospel choir singing "Stand by me" and the American
> bishop's address :-). Bride's dress was perfect, elegantly simple with
> long long veil; she did you proud.

And Harry looked so happy and proud, and who wouldn't want that.

Of course, the procession was kept interesting by the one unruly
horse. Heh. I thought it was going to leave and go home at one
point.

> What an entrance she made. I'm betting she starts a fashion for brides
> walking themselves down the aisle.

(Sound of father's hearts breaking). Not that I'm in agreement with
the giving the bride away thing but it's a tradition to walk down
the aisle on Dad's arm.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 May 2018 17:26:58 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, says...
>
>> The wedding sounds almost like a royal scandal to me. The bride
>> has questionable family

> and not so proper as England royalty
>> might prefer.

> You must know very little about royal marriages. Marrying foreigners
>recurs throughout their history. It is not unusual for royals to marry
>non royal, non-aristocratic commoners (all four of the Queens children
>did) or divorced people. Her sister Margaret, no stranger to scandal and
>indiscretion, married two commoners,divorced one and remarried. Charles,
>future King, divorced and re-married to a divorced commoner.
>
> "Questionable families" are nothing new or exceptional either, look no
>further than the family history of Harry's grandfather, foreign
>immigrant Prince Philip. His mother had schizophrenia and spent Philips
>childhood and most of her life, in a psychiatric institute. His
>estranged father pretty much dumped the boy Philip to be brought up by
>others in another country. Three of Philips sisters married German Nazis
>and the fourth was a friend of Hitler.
>
> None of which made Philip a bad choice as royal consort; he's given
>most of his adult life to public service to this country in the Royal
>Navy (before during and after the war) and supporting the Queen.
>
> I'll watch the wedding to see the dress, and laugh at Eugenie and
>Beatrices sure-to-be-awful outfits and hats. That's about the limit of
>my interest in it.
>
> Janet UK

Gary is trying to subtly introduce the fact that Harry is introducing
black blood into the royal family. That's the scandal for Gary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 May 2018 14:47:00 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, says...
>>
>> Janet wrote:
>> >
>> > In article >,
says...

>> > and not so proper as England royalty
>> >
>> > You must know very little about royal marriages. Marrying foreigners
>> > recurs throughout their history. It is not unusual for royals to marry
>> > non royal, non-aristocratic commoners (all four of the Queens children
>> > did) or divorced people. Her sister Margaret, no stranger to scandal and
>> > indiscretion, married two commoners,divorced one and remarried. Charles,
>> > future King, divorced and re-married to a divorced commoner.
>> >
>> > "Questionable families" are nothing new or exceptional either, look no
>> > further than the family history of Harry's grandfather, foreign
>> > immigrant Prince Philip. His mother had schizophrenia and spent Philips
>> > childhood and most of her life, in a psychiatric institute. His
>> > estranged father pretty much dumped the boy Philip to be brought up by
>> > others in another country. Three of Philips sisters married German Nazis
>> > and the fourth was a friend of Hitler.
>> >
>> > None of which made Philip a bad choice as royal consort; he's given
>> > most of his adult life to public service to this country in the Royal
>> > Navy (before during and after the war) and supporting the Queen.
>> >
>> > I'll watch the wedding to see the dress, and laugh at Eugenie and
>> > Beatrices sure-to-be-awful outfits and hats. That's about the limit of
>> > my interest in it.

>> Thank you for all that, Janet.
>> I see they have a nice day for all this.

> It's a perfect sunny blue-sky day and the wedding service was lovely
>especially the gospel choir singing "Stand by me" and the American
>bishop's address :-). Bride's dress was perfect, elegantly simple with
>long long veil; she did you proud.
>
> What an entrance she made. I'm betting she starts a fashion for brides
>walking themselves down the aisle.
>
> Janet UK

the cake presentation is absolutely gorgeous!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2018 1:22 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> It has been an interesting experience. Women have made a lot of advances
> in the work force and government over the last 50 years.Â* Over the last
> week they have been fixated on a royal wedding, which usually involves a
> young woman becoming a princess or queen.

Oh, yes, you caught us, we want to be princesses. Oik.

No amount of money could entice me to take on that job.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2018 2:04 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/19/2018 1:22 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> It has been an interesting experience. Women have made a lot of
>> advances in the work force and government over the last 50 years.
>> Over the last week they have been fixated on a royal wedding, which
>> usually involves a young woman becoming a princess or queen.

> Oh, yes, you caught us, we want to be princesses.Â* Oik.
>
> No amount of money could entice me to take on that job.
>
> nancy

Being a celebrity may be fun for a day, but then I'd want to go back to
being a normal, happy, working stiff. I'm very happy with my life, as is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-05-19 2:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/19/2018 2:04 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/19/2018 1:22 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> It has been an interesting experience. Women have made a lot of
>>> advances in the work force and government over the last 50 years.
>>> Over the last week they have been fixated on a royal wedding, which
>>> usually involves a young woman becoming a princess or queen.

>> Oh, yes, you caught us, we want to be princesses.Â* Oik.
>>
>> No amount of money could entice me to take on that job.
>>
>> nancy

> Being a celebrity may be fun for a day, but then I'd want to go back to
> being a normal, happy, working stiff. I'm very happy with my life, as is.

That is the older and wiser voice. The thing is that when I was a kid,
every little girl wanted to be a princess and marry a handsome prince.
Watching the crowds of people along the procession and in special
gatherings all over the world, it appears that, despite the advances of
the women's movement over the decades, people are still stuck on a dream
that should have disappeared in modern society.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 5/19/2018 1:22 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> It has been an interesting experience. Women have made a lot of advances
> in the work force and government over the last 50 years. Over the last
> week they have been fixated on a royal wedding, which usually involves a
> young woman becoming a princess or queen.

Oh, yes, you caught us, we want to be princesses. Oik.

No amount of money could entice me to take on that job.

nancy
==

Same here!!! I am very happy as I am)