Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ODE To A TREE (Arbor Day!)

Everyone, let us all put aside this squalid bickering that has infested this froup as of late...all this fighting is childish and energy - wasting...

It is ARBOR DAY, when we honor our FRIENDS the TREES...they never argue or fight or war with each other, they are stolid and stalwart and upright...they ask for NOTHING...could anything be more BLESSED than to be a TREE...a grand SEQUOIA...a hardy OAK...a loverly GINKGO...a APPLE, PEACH, or CHERRY tree...???

Remember, kids, it takes JUST as much energy to be HAPPY as it does to be negative...happiness ALWAYS yields better results...on yer tombstone do you want inscribed, "I Died Old, Bitter, and Stupid", or "I Died HAPPY :-) "...so go out and say THANK YOU to a TREE today...!!!

Anyways, here is a lil' tribute to our friends the trees:

"I am a large PLANT that can make all yer dreams come true.....I can be the
Grand Piano in yer living room......I am the House that you live in........I
am the handle on yer Broom and the Guitar you love to play.......I am the
Paper you read or write on and I can provide your Kids a College Education
or buy you a new Car......I can be made into Gasoline or be simple Firewood
for a pleasant Family Evening.....I can be farmed like Wheat or
Corn.......If you cut me down and use me, another Tree will grow in a short
time to take my place.....I am one of the Resources that Man has available
for him to use and I will be around FOREVER because Man has a LOT of uses
for me......"

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" wrote in message

[...]

==

Very nice) As for negative or nastiness against me, I ignore it)
Actually it makes me laugh at the pathetic attempts to upset me lol Big
Fail) Just Feeble <g>

Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" wrote in message
>
> Everyone, let us all put aside this squalid bickering that has infested this
> froup as of late...all this fighting is childish and energy - wasting...
>
> It is ARBOR DAY, when we honor our FRIENDS the TREES...they never argue or
> fight or war with each other, they are stolid and stalwart and
> upright...they ask for NOTHING...could anything be more BLESSED than to be a
> TREE...a grand SEQUOIA...a hardy OAK...a loverly GINKGO...a APPLE, PEACH, or
> CHERRY tree...???
>
> Remember, kids, it takes JUST as much energy to be HAPPY as it does to be
> negative...happiness ALWAYS yields better results...on yer tombstone do you
> want inscribed, "I Died Old, Bitter, and Stupid", or "I Died HAPPY :-)
> "...so go out and say THANK YOU to a TREE today...!!!
>
> Anyways, here is a lil' tribute to our friends the trees:
>
> "I am a large PLANT that can make all yer dreams come true.....I can be the
> Grand Piano in yer living room......I am the House that you live in.........I
> am the handle on yer Broom and the Guitar you love to play.......I am the
> Paper you read or write on and I can provide your Kids a College Education
> or buy you a new Car......I can be made into Gasoline or be simple Firewood
> for a pleasant Family Evening.....I can be farmed like Wheat or
> Corn.......If you cut me down and use me, another Tree will grow in a short
> time to take my place.....I am one of the Resources that Man has available
> for him to use and I will be around FOREVER because Man has a LOT of uses
> for me......"
>
> Best
> Greg
>
> ==
>
> Very nice) As for negative or nastiness against me, I ignore it)
> Actually it makes me laugh at the pathetic attempts to upset me lol Big
> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>
> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

Indeed, Ms. O...!!!

This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's bounty....we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.

And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???

;-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" wrote in message
>
> Everyone, let us all put aside this squalid bickering that has infested
> this
> froup as of late...all this fighting is childish and energy - wasting...
>
> It is ARBOR DAY, when we honor our FRIENDS the TREES...they never argue or
> fight or war with each other, they are stolid and stalwart and
> upright...they ask for NOTHING...could anything be more BLESSED than to be
> TREE...a grand SEQUOIA...a hardy OAK...a loverly GINKGO...a APPLE, PEACH,
> or
> CHERRY tree...???
>
> Remember, kids, it takes JUST as much energy to be HAPPY as it does to be
> negative...happiness ALWAYS yields better results...on yer tombstone do
> you
> want inscribed, "I Died Old, Bitter, and Stupid", or "I Died HAPPY :-)
> "...so go out and say THANK YOU to a TREE today...!!!
>
> Anyways, here is a lil' tribute to our friends the trees:
>
> "I am a large PLANT that can make all yer dreams come true.....I can be
> the
> Grand Piano in yer living room......I am the House that you live
> in........I
> am the handle on yer Broom and the Guitar you love to play.......I am the
> Paper you read or write on and I can provide your Kids a College Education
> or buy you a new Car......I can be made into Gasoline or be simple
> Firewood
> for a pleasant Family Evening.....I can be farmed like Wheat or
> Corn.......If you cut me down and use me, another Tree will grow in a
> short
> time to take my place.....I am one of the Resources that Man has available
> for him to use and I will be around FOREVER because Man has a LOT of uses
> for me......"
>
> Best
> Greg
>
> ==
>
> Very nice) As for negative or nastiness against me, I ignore it)
> Actually it makes me laugh at the pathetic attempts to upset me lol Big
> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>
> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

Indeed, Ms. O...!!!

This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park
that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely rose
garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.

And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???

;-)

Best
Greg

====

That garden sounds heavenly I didn't know what tree I should be so I
asked my husband and he said Sweet Chestnut <g> Who am I to argue)

You?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2018 1:34 PM, Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz" wrote in message
>>
>> Everyone, let us all put aside this squalid bickering that has infested this
>> froup as of late...all this fighting is childish and energy - wasting...
>>
>> It is ARBOR DAY, when we honor our FRIENDS the TREES...they never argue or
>> fight or war with each other, they are stolid and stalwart and
>> upright...they ask for NOTHING...could anything be more BLESSED than to be a
>> TREE...a grand SEQUOIA...a hardy OAK...a loverly GINKGO...a APPLE, PEACH, or
>> CHERRY tree...???
>>
>> Remember, kids, it takes JUST as much energy to be HAPPY as it does to be
>> negative...happiness ALWAYS yields better results...on yer tombstone do you
>> want inscribed, "I Died Old, Bitter, and Stupid", or "I Died HAPPY :-)
>> "...so go out and say THANK YOU to a TREE today...!!!
>>
>> Anyways, here is a lil' tribute to our friends the trees:
>>
>> "I am a large PLANT that can make all yer dreams come true.....I can be the
>> Grand Piano in yer living room......I am the House that you live in........I
>> am the handle on yer Broom and the Guitar you love to play.......I am the
>> Paper you read or write on and I can provide your Kids a College Education
>> or buy you a new Car......I can be made into Gasoline or be simple Firewood
>> for a pleasant Family Evening.....I can be farmed like Wheat or
>> Corn.......If you cut me down and use me, another Tree will grow in a short
>> time to take my place.....I am one of the Resources that Man has available
>> for him to use and I will be around FOREVER because Man has a LOT of uses
>> for me......"
>>
>> Best
>> Greg
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Very nice) As for negative or nastiness against me, I ignore it)
>> Actually it makes me laugh at the pathetic attempts to upset me lol Big
>> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>>
>> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>
> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>
> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>
> ;-)

Â* Well it wouldn't be a pecan tree , people are always cracking their
nuts ... actually I'd like to be a big ol' red oak , standing alone on
the top of the hill . We really like trees , have many thousands of them
on our land . You wouldn't believe how many people think we should allow
the loggers in , they think it should be clear cut . Hey , the trees are
a big part of why we wanted this place ! We heat with wood , and with
care we feel we can improve the overall health of the woods by culling
diseased , standing dead , and otherwise not-healthy trees .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
> [...]

> rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
> bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>
> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>
> ;-)

Well it wouldn't be a pecan tree , people are always cracking their
nuts ... actually I'd like to be a big ol' red oak , standing alone on
the top of the hill . We really like trees , have many thousands of them
on our land . You wouldn't believe how many people think we should allow
the loggers in , they think it should be clear cut . Hey , the trees are
a big part of why we wanted this place ! We heat with wood , and with
care we feel we can improve the overall health of the woods by culling
diseased , standing dead , and otherwise not-healthy trees .

My husband said he would like to be an Oak too)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:
> [...]

>> lovely rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying
>> nature's bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>>
>> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> Well it wouldn't be a pecan tree , people are always cracking their
> nuts ... actually I'd like to be a big ol' red oak , standing alone on
> the top of the hill . We really like trees , have many thousands of them
> on our land . You wouldn't believe how many people think we should allow
> the loggers in , they think it should be clear cut . Hey , the trees are
> a big part of why we wanted this place ! We heat with wood , and with
> care we feel we can improve the overall health of the woods by culling
> diseased , standing dead , and otherwise not-healthy trees .

Red oaks are impressive trees. I have several.

But White oaks are the giants. They have the most palatable acorns. If
you are starving in a forest, and you know what a white oak looks like,
you will be drawn to them, much like deer. Some species of oaks produce
bitter acorns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2018 5:31 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>>>
>>> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local
>>> park that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a
>>> lovely rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying
>>> nature's bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get
>>> out.
>>>
>>> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to
>>> be...???
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>

>> Â*Â* Well it wouldn't be a pecan tree , people are always cracking their
>> nuts ... actually I'd like to be a big ol' red oak , standing alone on
>> the top of the hill . We really like trees , have many thousands of them
>> on our land . You wouldn't believe how many people think we should allow
>> the loggers in , they think it should be clear cut . Hey , the trees are
>> a big part of why we wanted this place ! We heat with wood , and with
>> care we feel we can improve the overall health of the woods by culling
>> diseased , standing dead , and otherwise not-healthy trees .
>>

> Red oaks are impressive trees. I have several.
>
> But White oaks are the giants. They have the most palatable acorns. If
> you are starving in a forest, and you know what a white oak looks
> like, you will be drawn to them, much like deer. Some species of oaks
> produce bitter acorns.

Â* And when the whites are fallin' the deer are going to ignore your
bait corn . We have several species of both white and red , plus hickory
, wild cherry , red maple , and others . They seldom attain their
potential size in a dense forest , but we've got some big'uns , most of
these trees are between 60 and 80 feet tall ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> Actually it makes me laugh at the pathetic attempts to upset me lol Big
>> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>>
>> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>
> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park
> that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely
> rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
> bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>
> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>
> ;-)
>

> Best
> Greg
>
> ====
>
> That garden sounds heavenly I didn't know what tree I should be so I
> asked my husband and he said Sweet Chestnut <g> Who am I to argue)

I want to be a giant Sequoia, protected and has seen it all.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:19:04 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 4/28/2018 5:31 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> ** Well it wouldn't be a pecan tree , people are always cracking their
>>> nuts ... actually I'd like to be a big ol' red oak , standing alone on
>>> the top of the hill . We really like trees , have many thousands of them
>>> on our land . You wouldn't believe how many people think we should allow
>>> the loggers in , they think it should be clear cut . Hey , the trees are
>>> a big part of why we wanted this place ! We heat with wood , and with
>>> care we feel we can improve the overall health of the woods by culling
>>> diseased , standing dead , and otherwise not-healthy trees .
>>>

>> Red oaks are impressive trees. I have several.
>>
>> But White oaks are the giants. They have the most palatable acorns. If
>> you are starving in a forest, and you know what a white oak looks
>> like, you will be drawn to them, much like deer. Some species of oaks
>> produce bitter acorns.
>>

> * And when the whites are fallin' the deer are going to ignore your
>bait corn . We have several species of both white and red , plus hickory
>, wild cherry , red maple , and others . They seldom attain their
>potential size in a dense forest , but we've got some big'uns , most of
>these trees are between 60 and 80 feet tall ...

I've got a large stand of shagbark hickory in the hedgerow between two
fields, about a hundred trees, some about 100' tall. They are on my
back property line, when I was putting up No Trespassing signs it was
near impossible to drive in a nail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:19:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> [...]
>>> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>>>
>>> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

>> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>>
>> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park
>> that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely
>> rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
>> bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>>
>> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>>
>> ;-)
>>

>> Best
>> Greg
>>
>> ====
>>
>> That garden sounds heavenly I didn't know what tree I should be so I
>> asked my husband and he said Sweet Chestnut <g> Who am I to argue)
>>
>> You?

>I want to be a giant Sequoia, protected and has seen it all.

But then you'd live in California and that sucks.
I think a Dawn Redwood is far nicer, and has been around a lot longer.
I'd rather be an Acer Griseum, much more handsome, and the girls like
to touch and fondle. A sycamore is lovely too, if you have the space,
made for tree huggers, and the ladies are mesmorized by its balls.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 18:19:04 -0500, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:

>>> Red oaks are impressive trees. I have several.
>>>
>>> But White oaks are the giants. They have the most palatable acorns. If
>>> you are starving in a forest, and you know what a white oak looks
>>> like, you will be drawn to them, much like deer. Some species of oaks
>>> produce bitter acorns.
>>>

>> And when the whites are fallin' the deer are going to ignore your
>> bait corn . We have several species of both white and red , plus hickory
>> , wild cherry , red maple , and others . They seldom attain their
>> potential size in a dense forest , but we've got some big'uns , most of
>> these trees are between 60 and 80 feet tall ...

> I've got a large stand of shagbark hickory in the hedgerow between two
> fields, about a hundred trees, some about 100' tall. They are on my
> back property line, when I was putting up No Trespassing signs it was
> near impossible to drive in a nail.

Popeye, yoose can do one of two things:

Yoose could get yoose ole mammy or yoose ole wife, or a young
neighborhood girl scout to drive dat nail for yoose. If yoose do the
latter, yoose can also ogle 'er lil tits while she works.

Or, yoose could open up a can of spinach and eat it before yoose try to
hammer on dem nails.

Good luck sailor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:19:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>>>
>>> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local
>>> park
>>> that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely
>>> rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
>>> bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>>>
>>> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>

>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> That garden sounds heavenly I didn't know what tree I should be so
>>> asked my husband and he said Sweet Chestnut <g> Who am I to argue)
>>>
>>> You?

>>I want to be a giant Sequoia, protected and has seen it all.
>>
>>Cheri

> But then you'd live in California and that sucks.
> I think a Dawn Redwood is far nicer, and has been around a lot longer.
> I'd rather be an Acer Griseum, much more handsome, and the girls like
> to touch and fondle. A sycamore is lovely too, if you have the space,
> made for tree huggers, and the ladies are mesmorized by its balls.

I do live in California.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> Fail) Just Feeble <g>
>>
>> Trees are much nicer than many people I love them all)

> Indeed, Ms. O...!!!
>
> This weekend I am visiting a local Shakespeare Garden, a small local park
> that already has some blooms (a few weeks on it will turn into a lovely
> rose garden), and just generally perambulating about enjoying nature's
> bounty...we've had a cold and even snowy April, time to get out.
>
> And if you could be a tree, what sort of tree would you wish to be...???
>
> ;-)
>

> Best
> Greg
>
> ====
>
> That garden sounds heavenly I didn't know what tree I should be so I
> asked my husband and he said Sweet Chestnut <g> Who am I to argue)
>
> You?

I want to be a giant Sequoia, protected and has seen it all.

I had to look that up. Lovely)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> when I was putting up No Trespassing signs it was
> near impossible to drive in a nail.

;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:43:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:19:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I want to be a giant Sequoia, protected and has seen it all.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> But then you'd live in California and that sucks.
>> I think a Dawn Redwood is far nicer, and has been around a lot longer.
>> I'd rather be an Acer Griseum, much more handsome, and the girls like
>> to touch and fondle. A sycamore is lovely too, if you have the space,
>> made for tree huggers, and the ladies are mesmorized by its balls.

>I do live in California.
>
> Cheri

Depends on where. Some parts of CA have very pleasant climate and
people but a lot is crowded, crime infested, and too darn hot and dry,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:43:40 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> wrote in message
. ..

>>> But then you'd live in California and that sucks.
>>> I think a Dawn Redwood is far nicer, and has been around a lot longer.
>>> I'd rather be an Acer Griseum, much more handsome, and the girls like
>>> to touch and fondle. A sycamore is lovely too, if you have the space,
>>> made for tree huggers, and the ladies are mesmorized by its balls.

>>I do live in California.
>>
>> Cheri

> Depends on where. Some parts of CA have very pleasant climate and
> people but a lot is crowded, crime infested, and too darn hot and dry,

Most of it is becoming like that, San Diego has a very nice climate, where I
am in the San Joaquin Valley, it's hot as Hell in the summer. I'm a Pacific
Northwest person who was transplanted here almost too long ago to remember.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 12:36:59 -0700 (PDT), "Steve 'Cannabis Oil' Wertz"

wrote:

>> >The best parts of CA get lots of snow and rain

>> Those parts need to be avoided at all costs.

>NAY, that sort of weather screens out "the weaklings"...

Bruce is obviously of the East LA ilk, he can't afford to LOOK at
Incline Village, in CA the snow belts are the most desireable areas.
Same in NY, given a choice peeps would much prefer the northern
Catskills over NYC. Most of NYC is crime infested slums, on par with
E. LA and Shytown's slums. Obviously Bruce prefers to live in
Drive-By territory.... what an unimformed putz.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >>NAY, that sort of weather screens out "the weaklings"...

> >Bruce is obviously of the East LA ilk, he can't afford to LOOK at
> >Incline Village, in CA the snow belts are the most desireable areas.
> >Same in NY, given a choice peeps would much prefer the northern
> >Catskills over NYC. Most of NYC is crime infested slums, on par with
> >E. LA and Shytown's slums. Obviously Bruce prefers to live in
> >Drive-By territory.... what an unimformed putz.

> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
> I want blue skies and sun.

"I want". Well, not everybody wants what you want.

Yesterday morning I went outside and it was a crisp 45 F. I was
sorely tempted to build a fire and make--and eat--breakfast outside.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-29 4:01 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> NAY, that sort of weather screens out "the weaklings"...

> It's not weak to move to a nice climate. It's smart

My son lived and worked in Uganda for almost a year. He loved the
climate. He said that a cool day was 82 F and a hot day was 84. The
only problem was the rainy season because then it was hot and wet, and
the dirt roads turned to mud.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:55:27 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-04-29 4:01 PM, Bruce wrote:
>

>>> NAY, that sort of weather screens out "the weaklings"...

>> It's not weak to move to a nice climate. It's smart

>My son lived and worked in Uganda for almost a year. He loved the
>climate. He said that a cool day was 82 F and a hot day was 84. The
>only problem was the rainy season because then it was hot and wet, and
>the dirt roads turned to mud.

That's a good temperature. Not crazy hot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-29 6:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:55:27 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> It's not weak to move to a nice climate. It's smart

>> My son lived and worked in Uganda for almost a year. He loved the
>> climate. He said that a cool day was 82 F and a hot day was 84. The
>> only problem was the rainy season because then it was hot and wet, and
>> the dirt roads turned to mud.

> That's a good temperature. Not crazy hot.

And it is constant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-29 4:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:55:27 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> It's not weak to move to a nice climate. It's smart

>> My son lived and worked in Uganda for almost a year. He loved the
>> climate. He said that a cool day was 82 F and a hot day was 84. The
>> only problem was the rainy season because then it was hot and wet, and
>> the dirt roads turned to mud.

> That's a good temperature. Not crazy hot.

One adapts! when I lived in Perth, WA, I would put on a sweater when the
temperature dropped below about 28C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 16:38:22 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-04-29 4:02 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 17:55:27 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> My son lived and worked in Uganda for almost a year. He loved the
>>> climate. He said that a cool day was 82 F and a hot day was 84. The
>>> only problem was the rainy season because then it was hot and wet, and
>>> the dirt roads turned to mud.

>> That's a good temperature. Not crazy hot.
>>

>One adapts! when I lived in Perth, WA, I would put on a sweater when the
>temperature dropped below about 28C.

True. In Tasmania it was often 5 degrees (41F) in the living room when
we got up. I now find it getting chilly under 24 degrees (75F).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2018 4:23 PM, Bruce wrote:

> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
> I want blue skies and sun.

Yep, no more snow for me. This morning I checked the lot where my house
is going to be built. We should be in it in October.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2018 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 4:23 PM, Bruce wrote:
>

>> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
>> I want blue skies and sun.
>>

> Yep, no more snow for me.Â* This morning I checked the lot where my house
> is going to be built.Â* We should be in it in October.

Congratulations!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-29 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 4:23 PM, Bruce wrote:
>

>> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
>> I want blue skies and sun.
>>

> Yep, no more snow for me.Â* This morning I checked the lot where my house
> is going to be built.Â* We should be in it in October.

This morning I got out of bed and looked out the window at my lawn that
has suddenly turned green and.... what???? snow???? It didn't amount to
anything but still..... snow on April 29th?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2018 7:50 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 4/29/2018 4:23 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>

>>> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
>>> I want blue skies and sun.
>>>

>> Yep, no more snow for me.Â* This morning I checked the lot where my
>> house is going to be built.Â* We should be in it in October.

> Congratulations!
>
> nancy

Thanks. We just got here (Florida) this morning. We will be picking
out cabinets, tile, counter top, etc. Next trip should be the last one.
It is amazing how it has worked for my wife, one big reason for the
move. She feels better, looks better, walks more. No more stairs too.

http://www.nealcommunities.com/home-...eaf/liberty-2/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 4/29/2018 7:50 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Yep, no more snow for me. This morning I checked the lot where my house
>>> is going to be built. We should be in it in October.

>> Congratulations!
>>
>> nancy

> Thanks. We just got here (Florida) this morning. We will be picking out
> cabinets, tile, counter top, etc. Next trip should be the last one. It is
> amazing how it has worked for my wife, one big reason for the move. She
> feels better, looks better, walks more. No more stairs too.
>
> http://www.nealcommunities.com/home-...eaf/liberty-2/

That looks very nice, good for you and your wife Ed.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-04-29 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 7:50 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Yep, no more snow for me.Â* This morning I checked the lot where my
>>> house is going to be built.Â* We should be in it in October.

>> Congratulations!
>>
>> nancy

> Thanks.Â* We just got here (Florida) this morning.Â* We will be picking
> out cabinets, tile, counter top, etc.Â* Next trip should be the last one.
> Â*It is amazing how it has worked for my wife, one big reason for the
> move.Â* She feels better, looks better, walks more.Â* No more stairs too.
>
> http://www.nealcommunities.com/home-...eaf/liberty-2/

I've just been looking at houses with the aim of downsizing. Aren't you
a bit optimistic about an October possession if they have yet to start?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2018 9:02 PM, graham wrote:

>> Thanks.Â* We just got here (Florida) this morning.Â* We will be picking
>> out cabinets, tile, counter top, etc.Â* Next trip should be the last
>> one. Â*Â*It is amazing how it has worked for my wife, one big reason for
>> the move.Â* She feels better, looks better, walks more.Â* No more stairs
>> too.
>>
>> http://www.nealcommunities.com/home-...eaf/liberty-2/
>>

> I've just been looking at houses with the aim of downsizing. Aren't you
> a bit optimistic about an October possession if they have yet to start?

The house next door is supposed to be September and the lot is in the
same condition. They have put in water, sewer, gas lines. I guess they
will fine tune the date as things progress. We'll see.

Starting to get rid of "stuff" we've accumulated after 37 years in our
present house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2018 8:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/29/2018 7:50 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 4/29/2018 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Yep, no more snow for me.Â* This morning I checked the lot where my
>>> house is going to be built.Â* We should be in it in October.

>> Congratulations!

> Thanks.Â* We just got here (Florida) this morning.Â* We will be picking
> out cabinets, tile, counter top, etc.Â* Next trip should be the last one.
> Â*It is amazing how it has worked for my wife, one big reason for the
> move.Â* She feels better, looks better, walks more.Â* No more stairs too.

That's the best reason of all, I'm very happy for you.

> http://www.nealcommunities.com/home-...eaf/liberty-2/

Beautiful. Very exciting.

So can I have your snow blower? (laugh)

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:03:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-04-29 6:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 4/29/2018 4:23 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>

>>> I'd avoid any city. And I've seen enough snow for the rest of my life.
>>> I want blue skies and sun.
>>>

>> Yep, no more snow for me.* This morning I checked the lot where my house
>> is going to be built.* We should be in it in October.

>This morning I got out of bed and looked out the window at my lawn that
>has suddenly turned green and.... what???? snow???? It didn't amount to
>anything but still..... snow on April 29th?

I've seen snow in May, Dave. Not often, but really...

Doris