Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poisoned produce in Ann Arbor

Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
substance.

So if you aren't sure about your store, dump it out!

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 11:50:28 AM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
> been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
> substance.

Me. I don't shop at the stores where he did his thing, nor do I
very often shop the salad bar.

<http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016/05/03/fbi-grocery-bandit-caught-sprayed-mice-poison-food/83894146/>

I wonder if the mouse poison was d-Con. That's Coumadin (unless
they've changed it). I can't say as I want to eat random doses
of Coumadin (and, according to reports "hand cleaner"), but it's
probably not going to harm most people.

I'll be following this story with interest.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,uk.rec.driving

Default APPARENTLY NANCY (2) DIDN'T EAT "Poisoned produce in Ann Arbor"

On 5/4/2016 8:50 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

> Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
> been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
> substance.
>
> So if you aren't sure about your store, dump it out!
>
> N.

It would be a blessing to have had several thousand deaths in Michigan.
Everyone there is brain dead or just plain stoopid.
I hope the Black Death can take you and all of you to Hell!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 1:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 11:50:28 AM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
>> been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
>> substance.

> Me. I don't shop at the stores where he did his thing, nor do I
> very often shop the salad bar.
>
> <http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016/05/03/fbi-grocery-bandit-caught-sprayed-mice-poison-food/83894146/>
>
> I wonder if the mouse poison was d-Con. That's Coumadin (unless
> they've changed it). I can't say as I want to eat random doses
> of Coumadin (and, according to reports "hand cleaner"), but it's
> probably not going to harm most people.
>
> I'll be following this story with interest.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Probably not much risk. If it was in fact warfarin (generic name for
Coumadin) it would be out of your system in 24 to 36 hours. If it was
sprayed on greens, eating them the vitamin K would counteract the
effects of the warfarin.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 8:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>
> "OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
> Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
> entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
> baby carrots".
>
> -sw
>
> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>

> "Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>

> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>
> I didn't think Julie was even capable of using the phone.
>
> -sw
>
> You seem to have a problem remembering things. Maybe you should have
> written down the once you realized you liked it.
>
> -sw
>
> Wow. She catches on quick when her mind isn't clouded by irrational
> spite.
>
> -sw
>
> Congratulations! Your post has been approved by Julie.
>
> [High Five]
>
> -sw
>
> Yeah, I see tuna and cheddar on pizza every time I visit Planet Bove.
>
> -sw
>
> You can't rent this stuff at Red Box.
>
> -sw
>
> You tell him Julie!
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 7:20:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/4/2016 1:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 11:50:28 AM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> >> Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
> >> been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
> >> substance.

> > Me. I don't shop at the stores where he did his thing, nor do I
> > very often shop the salad bar.
> >
> > <http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016/05/03/fbi-grocery-bandit-caught-sprayed-mice-poison-food/83894146/>
> >
> > I wonder if the mouse poison was d-Con. That's Coumadin (unless
> > they've changed it). I can't say as I want to eat random doses
> > of Coumadin (and, according to reports "hand cleaner"), but it's
> > probably not going to harm most people.
> >
> > I'll be following this story with interest.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Probably not much risk. If it was in fact warfarin (generic name for
> Coumadin) it would be out of your system in 24 to 36 hours. If it was
> sprayed on greens, eating them the vitamin K would counteract the
> effects of the warfarin.

Thanks. I couldn't remember the generic warfarin and it was just
faster to type Coumadin than to look it up.

Turns out it was probably Bromethalin (based on the news that it was
Tomcat and not d-Con). Still, the dose makes the poison. AFAIK, we
haven't had a bunch of people presenting with symptoms of Bromethalin
toxicity. The news stories haven't even published the symptoms.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Regardless...they caught the guy and he confessed. He should be shot
immediately. No lengthy trials and appeals and taxpayers funding his
jail time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Regardless...they caught the guy and he confessed. He should be shot
> immediately. No lengthy trials and appeals and taxpayers funding his
> jail time.

Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
Nobody died.

I'd still love to hear what he thought it was doing. I observe
that quite a few of the places that he hit were kind of high-end.
Maybe it's some kind of class warfare craziness.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-05 9:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Regardless...they caught the guy and he confessed. He should be shot
>> immediately. No lengthy trials and appeals and taxpayers funding his
>> jail time.

> Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
> Nobody died.

It may have been luck that no one died. The fact remains that he
intentionally sprayed poison on produce that was being sold for human
consumption so there was intent, and intent is what makes something
criminal. Personally, I have never understood why attempted murder is
deemed to be a lesser crime than a successful murder. It is intent to
kill someone that usually distinguishes murder from manslaughter. If
someone attempts to murder someone it is , IMO, the same criminal intent
and should punished to the same degree.

> I'd still love to hear what he thought it was doing. I observe
> that quite a few of the places that he hit were kind of high-end.
> Maybe it's some kind of class warfare craziness.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Regardless...they caught the guy and he confessed. He should be shot
> > immediately. No lengthy trials and appeals and taxpayers funding his
> > jail time.

> Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
> Nobody died.

Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

He was spraying poison onto produce in many stores. The fact that no
one died was probably just his mistake for not using a stronger
poison.

In what world do you live in that would make excuses for this person?
My only guess is that maybe he was YOUR son and you're just trying to
protect him.

He tried to poison many people, got caught and admitted it.
Two in the head and one in the heart. Problem solved efficently &
cheaply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 10:11:36 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > > Regardless...they caught the guy and he confessed. He should be shot
> > > immediately. No lengthy trials and appeals and taxpayers funding his
> > > jail time.

> > Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
> > Nobody died.

> Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?

> He was spraying poison onto produce in many stores. The fact that no
> one died was probably just his mistake for not using a stronger
> poison.

The list of stores is all of the places where he's used his credit/debit
card. One of them is a bakery that doesn't even have customer access
to the goods. The evidence (as I understand it; perhaps more will
come to light in his arraignment) is that he poisoned the food in
one store.

> In what world do you live in that would make excuses for this person?
> My only guess is that maybe he was YOUR son and you're just trying to
> protect him.

I have no children.

> He tried to poison many people, got caught and admitted it.
> Two in the head and one in the heart. Problem solved efficently &
> cheaply.

Oddly enough, double-tap does not seem to be a punishment that's
on the books in this country. Perhaps you would find it more
satisfying to move someplace where that's a viable option.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 10:11:36 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
> > > Nobody died.

> > Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

> Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?

Drunk drivers are not pre-mixing a poison to spray on produce to
purposely cause many people to get sick and die. They drive drunk
stupidly thinking they will be ok. They don't drive with the goal of
killing people.

> > He was spraying poison onto produce in many stores. The fact that no
> > one died was probably just his mistake for not using a stronger
> > poison.

> The list of stores is all of the places where he's used his credit/debit
> card. One of them is a bakery that doesn't even have customer access
> to the goods. The evidence (as I understand it; perhaps more will
> come to light in his arraignment) is that he poisoned the food in
> one store.

Oh...just in one store did he poison the produce for all of their
customers.

> > In what world do you live in that would make excuses for this person?
> > My only guess is that maybe he was YOUR son and you're just trying to
> > protect him.

> I have no children.

I do but I wouldn't contest a death sentence if mine did. That is
totally unexceptible.

> > He tried to poison many people, got caught and admitted it.
> > Two in the head and one in the heart. Problem solved efficently &
> > cheaply.

> Oddly enough, double-tap does not seem to be a punishment that's
> on the books in this country. Perhaps you would find it more
> satisfying to move someplace where that's a viable option.

Perhaps the US would have less stupid crime like this if we did that.
Old Soviet Union did it and the people learned and didn't mess with
them.

I find it interesting that you are defending this person. Obviously
you are a touchy-feely liberal. You would think differently if one of
your family died from this. He admitted it so I say kill him. Problem
solved.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 8:11 AM, Gary wrote:
> He tried to poison many people, got caught and admitted it.
> Two in the head and one in the heart. Problem solved efficently &
> cheaply.

Great precedent to get rid of due process.

I hope you will enjoy the immediate systemic impacts of such an action.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 9:37 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Oddly enough, double-tap does not seem to be a punishment that's
>> > on the books in this country. Perhaps you would find it more
>> > satisfying to move someplace where that's a viable option.

> Perhaps the US would have less stupid crime like this if we did that.
> Old Soviet Union did it and the people learned and didn't mess with
> them.

Wow.

You really are a fascist at heart!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 11:37:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

> > Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?

> Drunk drivers are not pre-mixing a poison to spray on produce to
> purposely cause many people to get sick and die. They drive drunk
> stupidly thinking they will be ok. They don't drive with the goal of
> killing people.

We don't even know what his "goal" was. His means certainly fell
far short of killing people. Any sane person with an iota of sense
would realize that his means might result in making people sick. It
didn't even do that. Not a single person has shown up with symptoms
of Bromethalin or warfarin toxicity.

> > > He was spraying poison onto produce in many stores. The fact that no
> > > one died was probably just his mistake for not using a stronger
> > > poison.

> > The list of stores is all of the places where he's used his credit/debit
> > card. One of them is a bakery that doesn't even have customer access
> > to the goods. The evidence (as I understand it; perhaps more will
> > come to light in his arraignment) is that he poisoned the food in
> > one store.

> Oh...just in one store did he poison the produce for all of their
> customers.

Not even all of their customers. Only those who consumed the products
that he tainted.

Does evidence carry any weight with you at all? He's going to be
tried on the basis of the evidence, not on anybody's emotions.

> > > In what world do you live in that would make excuses for this person?
> > > My only guess is that maybe he was YOUR son and you're just trying to
> > > protect him.

> > I have no children.

> I do but I wouldn't contest a death sentence if mine did. That is
> totally unexceptible.

I believe he's facing 10 years in prison, depending on what the FBI
thinks they can get to stick.

> > > He tried to poison many people, got caught and admitted it.
> > > Two in the head and one in the heart. Problem solved efficently &
> > > cheaply.

People in Flint actually were poisoned. Why are you so excitable
about this incident in Ann Arbor in which apparently no one was
actually harmed?

> > Oddly enough, double-tap does not seem to be a punishment that's
> > on the books in this country. Perhaps you would find it more
> > satisfying to move someplace where that's a viable option.

> Perhaps the US would have less stupid crime like this if we did that.
> Old Soviet Union did it and the people learned and didn't mess with
> them.
>
> I find it interesting that you are defending this person. Obviously
> you are a touchy-feely liberal. You would think differently if one of
> your family died from this. He admitted it so I say kill him. Problem
> solved.

I don't think that real touchy-feel liberals would think I was even
a liberal at all. Once I had a real liberal tell me that I was somewhat
to the right of Attila the Hun.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/4/2016 7:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2016 08:50:24 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> Any AA residents here? Authorities have arrested a dangerous kook who has
>> been spraying fresh produce in supermarkets with a mouse-poison toxic
>> substance.
>>
>> So if you aren't sure about your store, dump it out!

> Incredible. They don't say which stores they were and that the food
> is safe to eat and don't expect any ill effects.
>
> http://abc13.com/news/fbi-man-spraye...oduce/1322657/
>
> I'd be returning all my fresh produce to the supermarket. The USDA
> recalls foods for a lot less than this.
>
> Hopefully this is good for 20 years to life.
>
> "Keep an eye out for people who perhaps are entering or exiting
> through the wrong doors, hanging around exposed food for long periods
> of time, that are loitering or just being suspicious,"
>
> Yeah, lets make everyone paranoid and tie up 911 about people fondling
> the produce. We have no entrances and exits, either. They're the
> same doors (2 or three sets).
>
> -sw

Hey, buster! Don't fondle my cucumber!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 10:59 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-05 12:50 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 11:37:44 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

>>> Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?

>> Drunk drivers are not pre-mixing a poison to spray on produce to
>> purposely cause many people to get sick and die. They drive drunk
>> stupidly thinking they will be ok. They don't drive with the goal of
>> killing people.

> We don't even know what his "goal" was.

He sprayed a poisonous substance on food that was being sold for human
consumption. Luckily, he may have underestimated how much it would take
to kill someone, but I am assuming that when he sprayed the produce with
poison his aim was to poison people.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-05, Dave Smith > wrote:

> He sprayed a poisonous substance on food that was being sold for human
> consumption.

You mean like almost all non-organic food sold?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 11:12 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2016-05-05, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> He sprayed a poisonous substance on food that was being sold for human
>> consumption.

> You mean like almost all non-organic food sold?
>
> nb

The toxicity of what he spayed vs. say carnuba wax is what???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 1:08:15 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> Drunk drivers are not pre-mixing a poison to spray on produce to
> >> purposely cause many people to get sick and die. They drive drunk
> >> stupidly thinking they will be ok. They don't drive with the goal of
> >> killing people.

> > We don't even know what his "goal" was.

> He sprayed a poisonous substance on food that was being sold for human
> consumption. Luckily, he may have underestimated how much it would take
> to kill someone, but I am assuming that when he sprayed the produce with
> poison his aim was to poison people.

Ok, I get that. But why? I can't believe he just woke up one day and said
"Let's poison some people". Did he have some political aim, or some
other axe to grind? That's what I'm waiting to hear.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 1:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Ok, I get that. But why? I can't believe he just woke up one day and said
> "Let's poison some people". Did he have some political aim, or some
> other axe to grind? That's what I'm waiting to hear.

Right off the bat they said he had mental health problems, so
Why might never make sense.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/05/2016 04:28 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Turns out it was probably Bromethalin (based on the news that it was
> Tomcat and not d-Con). Still, the dose makes the poison. AFAIK, we
> haven't had a bunch of people presenting with symptoms of Bromethalin
> toxicity. The news stories haven't even published the symptoms.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Bromethalin is bad news. It's 80 times more deadly than Warfarin and
there is no antidote for it. Symptoms include tremors, fits, convulsions
and death. Even if the animal survives due to low dosage, there will
likely be brain damage. Warfarin overdose can be cured by IV vitamin K,
but bromethalin has noting to do with vitamin K.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 10:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 10:11:36 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Why shot? The punishment doesn't seem commensurate with the crime.
>>> Nobody died.

>> Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

> Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?

One is a dumb mistake, the other is an intent. An intent to kill and/or
sicken hundreds of people. He should never be allowed to be amongst
society again. Don't shoot him, but keep him imprsoned for the rest of
his life.

He should be charged with attempted murder on as many counts as
customers buying those items.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 12:50 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Does evidence carry any weight with you at all? He's going to be
> tried on the basis of the evidence, not on anybody's emotions.

Exactly. 500 counts of attempted murder.

> People in Flint actually were poisoned. Why are you so excitable
> about this incident in Ann Arbor in which apparently no one was
> actually harmed?

Someone in Flint should go to jail. Maybe a few people.

Including those responsible for testing the water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 2:07:21 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/5/2016 1:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > Ok, I get that. But why? I can't believe he just woke up one day and said
> > "Let's poison some people". Did he have some political aim, or some
> > other axe to grind? That's what I'm waiting to hear.

> Right off the bat they said he had mental health problems, so
> Why might never make sense.
>
> nancy

His arraignment was about an hour ago.

<http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_charged_in.html>

"Why" appears to be "He's crazy and thought he was being poisoned".

Fine. Now we know (at least, as much as we can know given "he's crazy".)

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:26:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/5/2016 10:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Are you kidding me? Go easy on him because nobody died?

> > Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?
> >

> One is a dumb mistake, the other is an intent. An intent to kill and/or
> sicken hundreds of people. He should never be allowed to be amongst
> society again. Don't shoot him, but keep him imprsoned for the rest of
> his life.
>
> He should be charged with attempted murder on as many counts as
> customers buying those items.

Ok, here's another analogy.

I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
though, that I was loading up with blanks.

What should they charge me with?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 May 2016 15:31:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> On 5/5/2016 12:50 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>

> Someone in Flint should go to jail. Maybe a few people.
>
> Including those responsible for testing the water.

The way I understand it, once the information got to the governor - he
chose to ignore it for months, in spite of people in his own office
sending him numerous memos about how important it was. Therefore, if
anyone goes to jail - he should be at the head of the line, and he
should serve his entire sentence with no time off for good behavior.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:26:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?
>>>

>> One is a dumb mistake, the other is an intent. An intent to kill and/or
>> sicken hundreds of people. He should never be allowed to be amongst
>> society again. Don't shoot him, but keep him imprsoned for the rest of
>> his life.
>>
>> He should be charged with attempted murder on as many counts as
>> customers buying those items.

> Ok, here's another analogy.
>
> I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>
> What should they charge me with?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm guessing you'd have known they were blanks. BTW, blanks that are
overloaded with powder *can* kill. Many stupid stunts like that have
resulted in death. Those people were stupid.

This guy is clearly crazy. He thought he was being poisoned so he
decided the answer was to spray drugs on food in grocery stores? That
is not rational thinking. I'm sure we can agree on that.

I'm not sure what the jail sentence should be. Perhaps he needs to be
locked until he is old enough to require a license for a motorized
shopping cart.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-05 3:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 2:07:21 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/5/2016 1:53 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I get that. But why? I can't believe he just woke up one day and said
>>> "Let's poison some people". Did he have some political aim, or some
>>> other axe to grind? That's what I'm waiting to hear.

>> Right off the bat they said he had mental health problems, so
>> Why might never make sense.
>>
>> nancy

> His arraignment was about an hour ago.
>
> <http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_charged_in.html>
>
> "Why" appears to be "He's crazy and thought he was being poisoned".
>
> Fine. Now we know (at least, as much as we can know given "he's crazy".)

Catch 22. If he was really crazy he would not likely refer to his
previous mental problems and his paranoid delusions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 1:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> One is a dumb mistake, the other is an intent. An intent to kill and/or
>> sicken hundreds of people. He should never be allowed to be amongst
>> society again. Don't shoot him, but keep him imprsoned for the rest of
>> his life.
>>
>> He should be charged with attempted murder on as many counts as
>> customers buying those items.

> Ok, here's another analogy.
>
> I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>
> What should they charge me with?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Felony menacing.

Disturbing the peace, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:26:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Should drunk drivers who don't happen to kill anybody also be shot?
>>>

>> One is a dumb mistake, the other is an intent. An intent to kill and/or
>> sicken hundreds of people. He should never be allowed to be amongst
>> society again. Don't shoot him, but keep him imprsoned for the rest of
>> his life.
>>
>> He should be charged with attempted murder on as many counts as
>> customers buying those items.

> Ok, here's another analogy.
>
> I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>
> What should they charge me with?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Attempted murder, inciting a riot, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/5/2016 3:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 2:07:21 PM UTC-4, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Right off the bat they said he had mental health problems, so
>> Why might never make sense.

> His arraignment was about an hour ago.
>
> <http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_charged_in.html>
>
> "Why" appears to be "He's crazy and thought he was being poisoned".
>
> Fine. Now we know (at least, as much as we can know given "he's crazy".)

I would guess he's been treated for paranoid schizophrenia since
it came out so fast. Off his meds, probably.

Just my observation, what do I really know.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Ok, here's another analogy.
>
> I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>
> What should they charge me with?

Felony stupidity?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-05 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Ok, here's another analogy.
>
> I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>
> What should they charge me with?

If there was a cop in the crowd you probably would be charged with
anything. You would get yourself shot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary, FYI, I think I heard on the news that his family said he has had long-standing
mental issues. I think that's a reason he did it, not an excuse.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:29:59 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-05-05 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>

> > Ok, here's another analogy.
> >
> > I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
> > though, that I was loading up with blanks.
> >
> > What should they charge me with?
> >

> If there was a cop in the crowd you probably would be charged with
> anything. You would get yourself shot.

Well, it's all hypothetical, anyway.

The guy was actually charged with:

<http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_who_admitted_to_food_conta.html>
Bessemer was formally charged with four felony counts of poisoning food,
drink, medicine or water supply, two of them in which property damage
occurred, on May 5.

Poisoning causing property damage is punishable by up to 20 years in prison
and poisoning alone is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

If convicted, and if he's sentenced to serve those sentences consecutively,
he'll be put away for the rest of his life (unless he's paroled).

Maybe he'll be shanked on Day 1, thus saving the taxpayers a ton of money.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:29:59 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-05-05 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>

>> > Ok, here's another analogy.
>> >
>> > I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
>> > though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>> >
>> > What should they charge me with?
>> >

>> If there was a cop in the crowd you probably would be charged with
>> anything. You would get yourself shot.

> Well, it's all hypothetical, anyway.
>
> The guy was actually charged with:
>
> <http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_who_admitted_to_food_conta.html>
> Bessemer was formally charged with four felony counts of poisoning
> food,
> drink, medicine or water supply, two of them in which property damage
> occurred, on May 5.
>
> Poisoning causing property damage is punishable by up to 20 years in
> prison
> and poisoning alone is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
>
> If convicted, and if he's sentenced to serve those sentences
> consecutively,
> he'll be put away for the rest of his life (unless he's paroled).
>
> Maybe he'll be shanked on Day 1, thus saving the taxpayers a ton of money.

Shanked?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:29:59 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-05-05 3:49 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>

>> > Ok, here's another analogy.
>> >
>> > I load up a gun and start shooting into a crowd. I didn't realize,
>> > though, that I was loading up with blanks.
>> >
>> > What should they charge me with?
>> >

>> If there was a cop in the crowd you probably would be charged with
>> anything. You would get yourself shot.

> Well, it's all hypothetical, anyway.
>
> The guy was actually charged with:
>
> <http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_who_admitted_to_food_conta.html>
> Bessemer was formally charged with four felony counts of poisoning food,
> drink, medicine or water supply, two of them in which property damage
> occurred, on May 5.
>
> Poisoning causing property damage is punishable by up to 20 years in prison
> and poisoning alone is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
>
> If convicted, and if he's sentenced to serve those sentences consecutively,
> he'll be put away for the rest of his life (unless he's paroled).
>
> Maybe he'll be shanked on Day 1, thus saving the taxpayers a ton of money.

Shanked?

=============

Stabbed with a prison made weapon.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Ophelia" wrote in message ...
>

> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message

>>> If there was a cop in the crowd you probably would be charged with
>>> anything. You would get yourself shot.

>> Well, it's all hypothetical, anyway.
>>
>> The guy was actually charged with:
>>
>> <http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/man_who_admitted_to_food_conta.html>
>> Bessemer was formally charged with four felony counts of poisoning
>> food,
>> drink, medicine or water supply, two of them in which property damage
>> occurred, on May 5.
>>
>> Poisoning causing property damage is punishable by up to 20 years in
>> prison
>> and poisoning alone is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
>>
>> If convicted, and if he's sentenced to serve those sentences
>> consecutively,
>> he'll be put away for the rest of his life (unless he's paroled).
>>
>> Maybe he'll be shanked on Day 1, thus saving the taxpayers a ton of
>> money.

> Shanked?

> Stabbed with a prison made weapon.

Ouch!!! Thanks!