Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wendy's Baked Potato

Tonight my neighbor brought me a Wendy's baked potato with chili or
it might be called chili with baked potato. What a disappointment!!
UGH. To me, that chili ruined a perfectly good baked potato and I
tried to scrape most of it off, but it had already penetrated the
spud and ruined it.

It is now resting in the trash can.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 19:00:35 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>Tonight my neighbor brought me a Wendy's baked potato with chili or
>it might be called chili with baked potato. What a disappointment!!
>UGH. To me, that chili ruined a perfectly good baked potato and I
>tried to scrape most of it off, but it had already penetrated the
>spud and ruined it.
>
>It is now resting in the trash can.

I'd do the same, some nice bacon or cheese maybe but not chili.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in another way: as the
sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco salad, and I
could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all around.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:15:50 AM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:

> I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in another way: as the
> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco salad, and I
> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all around.
>
> N.

I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
turned into chili.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in another way: as the
>> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco salad, and I
>> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all around.
>>

>I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
>turned into chili.

Yup... 'specially those half eaten ones that they fish out of the
trash... all fast food joints do likewise. Even fancy restaurants use
plate scrapings to make soup du jour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:08:38 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

> itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>
> >I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
> >turned into chili.

> Yup... 'specially those half eaten ones that they fish out of the
> trash... all fast food joints do likewise. Even fancy restaurants use
> plate scrapings to make soup du jour.

Oh stop!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>
> Tonight my neighbor brought me a Wendy's baked potato with chili or
> it might be called chili with baked potato. What a disappointment!!
> UGH. To me, that chili ruined a perfectly good baked potato and I
> tried to scrape most of it off, but it had already penetrated the
> spud and ruined it.
>
> It is now resting in the trash can.

I made the mistake of getting one with cheese. Wasn't real cheese but a
hideous sauce. Couldn't eat it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in
>another way: as the
> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco
> salad, and I
> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all
> around.

They do put chili on taco salad. Made that mistake too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:15:50 AM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in
>> another way: as the
>> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco
>> salad, and I
>> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all
>> around.
>>
>> N.
>>

> I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
> turned into chili.

They are. Just the leftover patties.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:15:50 AM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili
> > in another way: as the sauce on their taco salads. I watched a
> > workmate order and eat a taco salad, and I could swear the meat and
> > "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all around.
> >
> > N.
> >

> I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
> turned into chili.

It's both true and not true, or was. Not that they are spoiled in
anyway. They try to have a few burgers on the grill (1979-1983) at the
ready so a customer doesnt have to wait too long. They slide the ones
not used (because no custimers came in) but not overcooked, to a bin in
the freezer/cooler and later they are broken up for the chile meats
that are mixed with canned beans and a spice packet plus there was some
sort of canned tomato sauce. The meat amount was never less than the
recipe but if you had more, it was ok to add some in. The meat was
stored with date and range of hours and had to be used within (I think)
2 days of cooking (mind you, it was refridgerated all this time fresh
off the grill).

So, it's not 'used hamburgers' at all but fresh cooked burgers that no
customer came in for before they were about to be overcooked and
perfectly safe for chile. I didn't think much of their chile stuff,
but it was safely made with all food safety in mind.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 1:49:39 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> It's both true and not true, or was. Not that they are spoiled in
> anyway. They try to have a few burgers on the grill (1979-1983) at the
> ready so a customer doesnt have to wait too long. They slide the ones
> not used (because no custimers came in) but not overcooked, to a bin in
> the freezer/cooler and later they are broken up for the chile meats
> that are mixed with canned beans and a spice packet plus there was some
> sort of canned tomato sauce. The meat amount was never less than the
> recipe but if you had more, it was ok to add some in. The meat was
> stored with date and range of hours and had to be used within (I think)
> 2 days of cooking (mind you, it was refridgerated all this time fresh
> off the grill).
>
> So, it's not 'used hamburgers' at all but fresh cooked burgers that no
> customer came in for before they were about to be overcooked and
> perfectly safe for chile. I didn't think much of their chile stuff,
> but it was safely made with all food safety in mind.
>
> Carol

It think the chili is pretty good at Wendy's. It's kind of soupy and I doubt that a chilihead would ever appreciate it. I don't care about that nor do I care about the particulars of what's in it.

I'll usually order a potato and chili when I'm there. Recently, I had a Smokey Mushroom Bacon Potato at Wendy's. It had a large amount of cheese sauce, mushrooms, and crispy bacon. It was pretty much a perfect baked potato. At three bucks, it was a no-brainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sybsFL8bk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 1:49:39 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > It's both true and not true, or was. Not that they are spoiled in
> > anyway. They try to have a few burgers on the grill (1979-1983) at
> > the ready so a customer doesnt have to wait too long. They slide
> > the ones not used (because no custimers came in) but not
> > overcooked, to a bin in the freezer/cooler and later they are
> > broken up for the chile meats that are mixed with canned beans and
> > a spice packet plus there was some sort of canned tomato sauce.
> > The meat amount was never less than the recipe but if you had more,
> > it was ok to add some in. The meat was stored with date and range
> > of hours and had to be used within (I think) 2 days of cooking
> > (mind you, it was refridgerated all this time fresh off the grill).
> >
> > So, it's not 'used hamburgers' at all but fresh cooked burgers that
> > no customer came in for before they were about to be overcooked and
> > perfectly safe for chile. I didn't think much of their chile stuff,
> > but it was safely made with all food safety in mind.
> >
> > Carol

> It think the chili is pretty good at Wendy's. It's kind of soupy and
> I doubt that a chilihead would ever appreciate it. I don't care about
> that nor do I care about the particulars of what's in it.
>
> I'll usually order a potato and chili when I'm there. Recently, I had
> a Smokey Mushroom Bacon Potato at Wendy's. It had a large amount of
> cheese sauce, mushrooms, and crispy bacon. It was pretty much a
> perfect baked potato. At three bucks, it was a no-brainer.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sybsFL8bk

Looks good! I'd be happy with it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 10:15:50 AM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
>>>
>>> I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in
>>> another way: as the
>>> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a
>>> taco salad, and I
>>> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh
>>> all around.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> I've read more than once that leftover hamburgers at Wendy's are
>> turned into chili.

> They are. Just the leftover patties.

Yes indeed. I've also heard that some franchises retrieve used kotex
from the restrooms, grind them up, and use as filler in their burritos.
They call these the Sheldun special.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 1:49:39 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> It's both true and not true, or was. Not that they are spoiled in
> anyway. They try to have a few burgers on the grill (1979-1983) at the
> ready so a customer doesnt have to wait too long. They slide the ones
> not used (because no custimers came in) but not overcooked, to a bin in
> the freezer/cooler and later they are broken up for the chile meats
> that are mixed with canned beans and a spice packet plus there was some
> sort of canned tomato sauce. The meat amount was never less than the
> recipe but if you had more, it was ok to add some in. The meat was
> stored with date and range of hours and had to be used within (I think)
> 2 days of cooking (mind you, it was refridgerated all this time fresh
> off the grill).
>
> So, it's not 'used hamburgers' at all but fresh cooked burgers that no
> customer came in for before they were about to be overcooked and
> perfectly safe for chile. I didn't think much of their chile stuff,
> but it was safely made with all food safety in mind.
>
> Carol

It think the chili is pretty good at Wendy's. It's kind of soupy and I doubt
that a chilihead would ever appreciate it. I don't care about that nor do I
care about the particulars of what's in it.

I'll usually order a potato and chili when I'm there. Recently, I had a
Smokey Mushroom Bacon Potato at Wendy's. It had a large amount of cheese
sauce, mushrooms, and crispy bacon. It was pretty much a perfect baked
potato. At three bucks, it was a no-brainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6sybsFL8bk

==

Sounds really good err Strange bloke

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 08:15:36 -0800 (PST), Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> I have always thought that Wendy's tries to recycle leftover chili in
>> another way: as the
>> sauce on their taco salads. I watched a workmate order and eat a taco
>> salad, and I
>> could swear the meat and "taco sauce" were just leftover chili. Ugh all
>> around.

> All of Wendy's chili is "leftover". It's made from leftover meat that
> was sitting on the grill too long. And its the same chile on the taco
> salad.

That salad is disgusting. Made the mistake of ordering it once. Thankfully I
wasn't very hungry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 01:53:53 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> All of Wendy's chili is "leftover". It's made from leftover meat that
>>> was sitting on the grill too long. And its the same chile on the taco
>>> salad.

>> That salad is disgusting. Made the mistake of ordering it once. Thankfully I
>> wasn't very hungry.

> Nobody cares what foods you find disgusting.

Yet you still cared enough to post this ^^^

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:44:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Sounds really good err Strange bloke

That guy is kind of a girlish, boyish, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Sj5tpn-no
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:44:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Sounds really good err Strange bloke

That guy is kind of a girlish, boyish, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Sj5tpn-no

==

Love it That isn't the same bloke, surely??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 10:52:03 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Love it That isn't the same bloke, surely??

No, McKinley Morganfield died in 1983. Long before Wendy's Smoked Mushroom Bacon Potato thingie. That guy was a hero to a lot of Brits though. McKinley Morganfield, not the food review guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Or7huOK7o
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 10:52:03 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Love it That isn't the same bloke, surely??

No, McKinley Morganfield died in 1983. Long before Wendy's Smoked Mushroom
Bacon Potato thingie. That guy was a hero to a lot of Brits though. McKinley
Morganfield, not the food review guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Or7huOK7o

==

) Thanks

Baked red potato? KenK General Cooking 28 20-03-2015 01:51 PM
Twice Baked Potato koko General Cooking 76 16-12-2014 06:44 PM
Baked Potato Bar Tara General Cooking 71 19-11-2013 11:39 PM
A healthier Wendy's Spicy Chicken ( batter of baked chicken ). Thaddeus L Olczyk General Cooking 6 24-04-2006 11:50 PM
Wendy's Baked Potato Toppings Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 30-05-2005 05:06 AM