Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vegans

On 1/30/2018 7:33 PM, wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:40:27 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> I've often seen it in the student ghetto in Ann Arbor. My
>>> father-in-law had a small backyard, so when he roasted a whole pig
>>> he did it in the driveway.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Well... I'm not living in a "student ghetto", but you know that. I
>> store the grill in the garage to prevent rust from the salty sea air and
>> lots of rain and heavy humidity. The fact that the garage and driveway
>> is right off the kitchen makes it convenient for cooking as well as
>> storage when not in use. I don't see anything weird or "ghetto" about it.
>>
>> Jill

> Roasting a whole pig is what's ghetto... I seriouly doubt Jill will
> ever be roasting whole pigs for a pig party.... how many Kaiser rolls
> are needed for a whole pig?

LOL on the kaiser rolls.

> I've known lots of people who grill in their driveway, if convenient
> to the kitchen why not? Very handy when it looks like rain, set the
> grill up in the driveway and dine in the garage... I've often tended
> my grill with an umbrella.

I don't grill when it rains. I don't dine in the garage. But it does
make sense to have the grill near the kitchen. There's an inside table
and four chairs!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2018 12:04 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:40:27 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> I've often seen it in the student ghetto in Ann Arbor. My
>>> father-in-law had a small backyard, so when he roasted a whole pig
>>> he did it in the driveway.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Well... I'm not living in a "student ghetto", but you know that. I
>> store the grill in the garage to prevent rust from the salty sea air and
>> lots of rain and heavy humidity. The fact that the garage and driveway
>> is right off the kitchen makes it convenient for cooking as well as
>> storage when not in use. I don't see anything weird or "ghetto" about it.
>>
>> Jill

> What can I say? There are apparently people who cruise up and down
> streets staring at people's houses looking for stuff to talk about.

I guess so. I can't say I ever really notice where people have their
grills. Or even if they have grills.

> These are the same people who catalog the contents of shopping carts
> and tally what other folks are wearing. I'm glad you and I have other
> more interesting things to do with out lives.
> Janet US

I don't pay much attention to what people have in their shopping carts.
Unless they have cases of soda pop. Then I do sort of wonder...

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 3:57:57 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> I sometimes find myself
> behind people at the checkout and they are getting all sorts of good
> stuff. It might be shrimp, salsa, guacamole, smoked salmon, hummus and
> stuff like that. I have been tempted to ask if I can follow them home
> for the party food.

Same here! I ask them what time I should show up for dinner?

:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:22:53 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 3:57:57 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I sometimes find myself
>> behind people at the checkout and they are getting all sorts of good
>> stuff. It might be shrimp, salsa, guacamole, smoked salmon, hummus and
>> stuff like that. I have been tempted to ask if I can follow them home
>> for the party food.
>>

>Same here! I ask them what time I should show up for dinner?

That's pretty much what we could buy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 6:14:17 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-01-30 5:47 PM, Broce wrote:

> >> Yes, but then there is the possibility that they will pick up a copy of
> >> the National Enquirer and dash my fantasies.

> > I had to look that up because National Enquirer sounds quite
> > respectable, but I get it
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Enquirer
> >

> There is nothing respectable about a the National Enquirer. It is a
> cheap tabloid with lots of articles about celebrities and UFOs. In his
> introduction to one of his songs. John Prine talked about how how liked
> reading the National Enquirer because it made him feel feel closer to God.

I preferred Weekly World News. It was the only way to follow Bat Boy's
activities.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy_(character)>

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 7:33:24 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:40:27 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> I've often seen it in the student ghetto in Ann Arbor. My
> >> father-in-law had a small backyard, so when he roasted a whole pig
> >> he did it in the driveway.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> >Well... I'm not living in a "student ghetto", but you know that. I
> >store the grill in the garage to prevent rust from the salty sea air and
> >lots of rain and heavy humidity. The fact that the garage and driveway
> >is right off the kitchen makes it convenient for cooking as well as
> >storage when not in use. I don't see anything weird or "ghetto" about it.
> >
> >Jill

> Roasting a whole pig is what's ghetto... I seriouly doubt Jill will
> ever be roasting whole pigs for a pig party.... how many Kaiser rolls
> are needed for a whole pig?

None. He stuffed it with bread dressing like a turkey.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have seen quite a few people here in mid-country grilling in front of their house, as in the
driveway. Nothing odd about it. They may not have a concrete patio, so it is safer than on a
wooden deck. I don't see why it even draws a question.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> I have seen quite a few people here in mid-country grilling in front of their house, as in the
> driveway. Nothing odd about it. They may not have a concrete patio, so it is safer than on a
> wooden deck. I don't see why it even draws a question.
>
> N.

I don't understand why Gary is questioning it, either. The driveway is
next to the garage which is next to the kitchen. I can't see traipsing
through the house carrying food to get a grill on the back patio.

Grilling on a wooden deck is ill advised. Grilling in a small fenced
area is also ill advised.

I once lived in a second storey apartment with a wooden balcony. I
would sit outside and read when I came home from work. The man who
lived below me had a small fenced patio and a grill. The man's children
decided to surprise their (weekend) father, who was not home, by
grilling a chicken. They lit the grill, put a chicken on it, then went
inside and completely ignored it.

They didn't realize it flared up and was shooting flames under my wooden
balcony. I grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran down and killed the
flaming chicken. They could have set the entire building on fire. Sheesh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> > I have seen quite a few people here in mid-country grilling in front of their house, as in the
> > driveway. Nothing odd about it. They may not have a concrete patio, so it is safer than on a
> > wooden deck. I don't see why it even draws a question.
> >
> > N.
> >

> I don't understand why Gary is questioning it, either. The driveway is
> next to the garage which is next to the kitchen. I can't see traipsing
> through the house carrying food to get a grill on the back patio.

The funny thing to me is that you keep going on and on about it.
You jump right on every post where someone agrees with you. I
struck a nerve didn't I, Jill? ;-D Bottom line, I'll bet your
grill in the garage probably has about 5 years worth of dust on
it. You would rather pan-steam a good steak in your kitchen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
> start drinking it. lol
>
> ==
>
> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
> start drinking it. lol
>
> ==
>
> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.

==

Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm and
10 am.

I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:50:21 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > "Gary" wrote:
> > I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
> > believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
> > People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
> > start drinking it. lol
> >
> > ==
> >
> > The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.

In Michigan, we can't buy alcohol between 2 am and 7 am.

Here's a summary for all of the states:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-31 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

> Grilling on a wooden deck is ill advised.Â* Grilling in a small fenced
> area is also ill advised.
>
> I once lived in a second storey apartment with a wooden balcony.Â* I
> would sit outside and read when I came home from work.Â* The man who
> lived below me had a small fenced patio and a grill.Â* The man's children
> decided to surprise their (weekend) father, who was not home, by
> grilling a chicken.Â* They lit the grill, put a chicken on it, then went
> inside and completely ignored it.
>
> They didn't realize it flared up and was shooting flames under my wooden
> balcony.Â* I grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran down and killed the
> flaming chicken.Â* They could have set the entire building on fire.Â* Sheesh.

We lived in a couple different apartment buildings and bbqing on the
balcony was not allowed. My mother lived in a condo that had several
gas BBQs on a common patio in a sunken garden. There was nothing but
concrete and brick for 30 feet around it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 11:49 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> I have seen quite a few people here in mid-country grilling in front of their house, as in the
>>> driveway. Nothing odd about it. They may not have a concrete patio, so it is safer than on a
>>> wooden deck. I don't see why it even draws a question.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> I don't understand why Gary is questioning it, either. The driveway is
>> next to the garage which is next to the kitchen. I can't see traipsing
>> through the house carrying food to get a grill on the back patio.

> The funny thing to me is that you keep going on and on about it.

I'm replying to other posts. You're the one who questioned where I have
my grill.

> You jump right on every post where someone agrees with you. I
> struck a nerve didn't I, Jill? ;-D

Bullshit. You're the one dragging this out. Questioning where I store
the grill? Why on earth do you care?

> Bottom line, I'll bet your
> grill in the garage probably has about 5 years worth of dust on
> it.

I'm equally sure it doesn't.

> You would rather pan-steam a good steak in your kitchen.

You've seen pics of my pan fried steaks so how about you STFU about it.

I'm guessing you never made a sauce for a pan fried steak in your life.
Never heard of steak au poivre? Of course not.

You admit to trying to stir things up here. You think it's cute. Trust
me, it's not.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 1:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-01-31 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

>> Grilling on a wooden deck is ill advised.Â* Grilling in a small fenced
>> area is also ill advised.
>>
>> I once lived in a second storey apartment with a wooden balcony.Â* I
>> would sit outside and read when I came home from work.Â* The man who
>> lived below me had a small fenced patio and a grill.Â* The man's
>> children decided to surprise their (weekend) father, who was not home,
>> by grilling a chicken.Â* They lit the grill, put a chicken on it, then
>> went inside and completely ignored it.
>>
>> They didn't realize it flared up and was shooting flames under my
>> wooden balcony.Â* I grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran down and killed
>> the flaming chicken.Â* They could have set the entire building on
>> fire.Â* Sheesh.
>>

> We lived in a couple different apartment buildings and bbqing on the
> balcony was not allowed.Â*Â* My mother lived in a condo that had several
> gas BBQs on a common patio in aÂ* sunken garden.Â* There was nothing but
> concrete and brick for 30 feet around it.

There's a reason for that. You really don't want any sort of grill near
or on a wooden structure.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-31 11:49 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:

>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.

What about bars? Liquor laws vary a lot from place to place. They have
certainly loosened up here over the last 40 years. We now have stand up
bars. Still can't buy liquor to go here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-31 1:37 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/31/2018 1:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> We lived in a couple different apartment buildings and bbqing on the
>> balcony was not allowed.Â*Â* My mother lived in a condo that had several
>> gas BBQs on a common patio in aÂ* sunken garden.Â* There was nothing but
>> concrete and brick for 30 feet around it.

> There's a reason for that.Â* You really don't want any sort of grill near
> or on a wooden structure.

These were concrete structures, but they can still be dangerous.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 9:49 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> I have seen quite a few people here in mid-country grilling in front of their house, as in the
>>> driveway. Nothing odd about it. They may not have a concrete patio, so it is safer than on a
>>> wooden deck. I don't see why it even draws a question.
>>>
>>> N.
>>>

>> I don't understand why Gary is questioning it, either. The driveway is
>> next to the garage which is next to the kitchen. I can't see traipsing
>> through the house carrying food to get a grill on the back patio.

> The funny thing to me is that you keep going on and on about it.
> You jump right on every post where someone agrees with you. I
> struck a nerve didn't I, Jill? ;-D Bottom line, I'll bet your
> grill in the garage probably has about 5 years worth of dust on
> it. You would rather pan-steam a good steak in your kitchen.

Hey now, yer sayin' that either way she wants to put a lid on it!

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 9:01:14 AM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> I go to the store often so sometimes just to pick up a few
> things. Don't judge what I am buying. I've got plenty more items
> at home. I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
> start drinking it. lol
>

> > The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

Each state, here, sets their own laws of when alcohol can be purchased.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 11:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> You would rather pan-steam a good steak in your kitchen.
>>

> You've seen pics of my pan fried steaks so how about you STFU about it.
>
> I'm guessing you never made a sauce for a pan fried steak in your life.
> Never heard of steak au poivre?Â* Of course not.
>
> You admit to trying to stir things up here.Â* You think it's cute.Â* Trust
> me, it's not.
>
> Jill

Oh wow, the big bully jilly is on a rampage now!

I'm tellin' ya, that's harsh to accuse him of never making a pan sauce,
let alone pepper steak...

https://media.giphy.com/media/O0qcxJrLC1wIw/giphy.gif
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 11:37 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/31/2018 1:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-01-31 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> On 1/31/2018 10:23 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

>>> Grilling on a wooden deck is ill advised.Â* Grilling in a small fenced
>>> area is also ill advised.
>>>
>>> I once lived in a second storey apartment with a wooden balcony.Â* I
>>> would sit outside and read when I came home from work.Â* The man who
>>> lived below me had a small fenced patio and a grill.Â* The man's
>>> children decided to surprise their (weekend) father, who was not
>>> home, by grilling a chicken.Â* They lit the grill, put a chicken on
>>> it, then went inside and completely ignored it.
>>>
>>> They didn't realize it flared up and was shooting flames under my
>>> wooden balcony.Â* I grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran down and
>>> killed the flaming chicken.Â* They could have set the entire building
>>> on fire.Â* Sheesh.
>>>

>> We lived in a couple different apartment buildings and bbqing on the
>> balcony was not allowed.Â*Â* My mother lived in a condo that had several
>> gas BBQs on a common patio in aÂ* sunken garden.Â* There was nothing but
>> concrete and brick for 30 feet around it.

> There's a reason for that.Â* You really don't want any sort of grill near
> or on a wooden structure.
>
> Jill

So you use:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CHAR-BROI...rill/101913275

End of worries.

Sheesh...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Caída de la casa Cocksucking FAGGOT wrote:

>On 1/31/2018 9:49 AM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I don't understand why Gary is questioning it, either. The driveway is
>>> next to the garage which is next to the kitchen. I can't see traipsing
>>> through the house carrying food to get a grill on the back patio.

>> The funny thing to me is that you keep going on and on about it.
>> You jump right on every post where someone agrees with you. I
>> struck a nerve didn't I, Jill? ;-D Bottom line, I'll bet your
>> grill in the garage probably has about 5 years worth of dust on
>> it. You would rather pan-steam a good steak in your kitchen.
>>

> Hey now, yer sayin' that either way she wants to put a lid on it!

Caída de la casa Cocksucking FAGGOT!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" wrote:
>> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
>> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
>> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
>> start drinking it. lol
>>
>> ==
>>
>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
>
> ==
>
> Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm and
> 10 am.
>
> I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

Here in CA between 2:00 A.M and 6:00 A.M.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Caída de la casa" > wrote in message speaking of Sheldon

> Oh my...the Crystal Palace is speaking again....

Nothing worse than a filthy mouth on an OLD man or woman IMO.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2018 8:34 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Caída de la casa" > wrote in message speaking of Sheldon
>
>> Oh my...the Crystal Palace is speaking again....

> Nothing worse than a filthy mouth on an OLD man or woman IMO.
>
> Cheri

Yeah it's just so played out really.

I mean you can feel the spittle and grog, but you also can just walk
away and shake your head.

If you're going to go off on someone you have to make it real and sharp
or blunt.

But that's just me going all "butty"...lol...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" wrote:
>> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
>> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
>> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
>> start drinking it. lol
>>
>> ==
>>
>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
>
> ==
>
> Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm and
> 10 am.
>
> I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

Here in CA between 2:00 A.M and 6:00 A.M.

Cheri

==

So you can get a wee nap for 4 hours? ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:13:13 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cheri" wrote in message news >
>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary" wrote:
>>> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
>>> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
>>> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
>>> start drinking it. lol
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

>> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm and
>> 10 am.
>>
>> I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

>Here in CA between 2:00 A.M and 6:00 A.M.
>
>Cheri
>
>==
>
>So you can get a wee nap for 4 hours? ;-)

Lol, and then it's back to work!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2018 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>
>> What can I say?* There are apparently people who cruise up and down
>> streets staring at people's houses looking for stuff to talk about.
>> These are the same people who catalog the contents of shopping carts
>> and tally what other folks are wearing.* I'm glad you and I have other
>> more interesting things to do with out lives.
>> Janet US

> It always surprises me when people talk about contents of shopping
> carts, what people are eating in restaurants etc., I would very seldomly
> notice. Same with someone saying to me, can you believe what they had
> on? Unless it was something outrageous, I couldn't tell you what they
> had on, but then I'm probably not too observant about insignificant
> things that don't matter to me personally.
>
> Cheri

I don't generally notice what people have in their shopping carts. I
don't pay much attention to what they're wearing, either. I did notice
when I walked into a store last summer and saw an older [than me] woman
wearing 'Daisy Dukes' and a bikini top. I'm guessing she was either on
her way to or just coming back from the beach. I'd have thrown on a
T-shirt or something.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.

> What about bars?

A bit different. No store sales between midnight and 6am. We can
buy drinks in a bar up until 1:30 am but that's to drink there
and not take home. Bars have to close at 2am so they make their
last call at 1:30 to give patrons time to down one more before
they get kicked out.

Back in my occasional 'surfer's bar' days, I only made it to
closing twice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary" wrote:
>>> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
>>> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
>>> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
>>> start drinking it. lol
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

>> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm
>> and
>> 10 am.
>>
>> I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

> Here in CA between 2:00 A.M and 6:00 A.M.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> So you can get a wee nap for 4 hours? ;-)

Or drink until the bar or store opens, but I imagine most serious drinkers
are well stocked at home and have no need to rush out between those hours.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/30/2018 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>>
>>> What can I say? There are apparently people who cruise up and down
>>> streets staring at people's houses looking for stuff to talk about.
>>> These are the same people who catalog the contents of shopping carts
>>> and tally what other folks are wearing. I'm glad you and I have other
>>> more interesting things to do with out lives.
>>> Janet US

>> It always surprises me when people talk about contents of shopping carts,
>> what people are eating in restaurants etc., I would very seldomly notice.
>> Same with someone saying to me, can you believe what they had on? Unless
>> it was something outrageous, I couldn't tell you what they had on, but
>> then I'm probably not too observant about insignificant things that don't
>> matter to me personally.
>>
>> Cheri

> I don't generally notice what people have in their shopping carts. I
> don't pay much attention to what they're wearing, either. I did notice
> when I walked into a store last summer and saw an older [than me] woman
> wearing 'Daisy Dukes' and a bikini top. I'm guessing she was either on
> her way to or just coming back from the beach. I'd have thrown on a
> T-shirt or something.
>
> Jill

Yes, that would definitely be something I notice, like an older woman a few
years ago that had short shorts on and a small part of her butt cheeks
drooping below the hemline, or an obese man with most of his stomach hanging
out below his shirt, those are sort of in your face.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.

>> What about bars?

> A bit different. No store sales between midnight and 6am. We can
> buy drinks in a bar up until 1:30 am but that's to drink there
> and not take home. Bars have to close at 2am so they make their
> last call at 1:30 to give patrons time to down one more before
> they get kicked out.
>
> Back in my occasional 'surfer's bar' days, I only made it to
> closing twice.

In the old days you could buy a few bottles of beer to go when the bar was
closing, but I don't know about now.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Gary" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary" wrote:
>>> I *always* shop very early morning too. You wouldn't
>>> believe the comments I get if I add some beer to the cart.
>>> People see beer at 6:30am and assume I'll run right home and
>>> start drinking it. lol
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> The law here is that we are not allowed to buy alcohol until 10am

>> In Virginia, law says no buying alcohol between midnight and 6am.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Here in Scotland, in the supermarket we can't buy alcohol between 10pm
>> and
>> 10 am.
>>
>> I don't know about pubs, restaurants etc.

> Here in CA between 2:00 A.M and 6:00 A.M.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> So you can get a wee nap for 4 hours? ;-)

Or drink until the bar or store opens, but I imagine most serious drinkers
are well stocked at home and have no need to rush out between those hours.
;-)

Cheri

==

Very likely)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/30/2018 12:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>>
>>> What can I say? There are apparently people who cruise up and down
>>> streets staring at people's houses looking for stuff to talk about.
>>> These are the same people who catalog the contents of shopping carts
>>> and tally what other folks are wearing. I'm glad you and I have other
>>> more interesting things to do with out lives.
>>> Janet US

>> It always surprises me when people talk about contents of shopping carts,
>> what people are eating in restaurants etc., I would very seldomly notice.
>> Same with someone saying to me, can you believe what they had on? Unless
>> it was something outrageous, I couldn't tell you what they had on, but
>> then I'm probably not too observant about insignificant things that don't
>> matter to me personally.
>>
>> Cheri

> I don't generally notice what people have in their shopping carts. I
> don't pay much attention to what they're wearing, either. I did notice
> when I walked into a store last summer and saw an older [than me] woman
> wearing 'Daisy Dukes' and a bikini top. I'm guessing she was either on
> her way to or just coming back from the beach. I'd have thrown on a
> T-shirt or something.
>
> Jill

Yes, that would definitely be something I notice, like an older woman a few
years ago that had short shorts on and a small part of her butt cheeks
drooping below the hemline, or an obese man with most of his stomach hanging
out below his shirt, those are sort of in your face.

Cheri

==

Bleagh

New Group for Vegans Goat Vegetarian cooking 0 20-03-2007 08:04 PM
Vegans S&S Vegan 1 01-06-2005 01:08 AM
a big F-U to vegans everywhere :-) usual suspect Vegan 83 05-01-2005 07:37 PM
What do vegans eat when they go out? Hannah Vegan 21 31-07-2004 08:05 PM
Why Vegans Were Right All Along F.G. Whitfurrows Barbecue 2 17-01-2004 01:10 AM