Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smoked Pork Butt Combo Meal

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 5:36:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-01-24 4:13 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>
> >> That whole BBQ scene sounds like a big butchery plebfest to me.
> >> Anyway, I always notice that people make a big deal of what they're
> >> cooking and then serve it with the crappiest supermarket bun you can
> >> find. If they're such experts, don't they know what real bread is?
> >> Sheldon's right about that.

> > Â* We haven't eaten a store-bought bun at home in a couple of years now .
> >

> No grocery store type buns here. We get bread, buns and dinner rolls
> from decent bakeries. It is curious that one place, an Italian bakery,
> makes several types of dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns that are
> great, but their bread is mediocre.

I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
buns of my childhood.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
> buns of my childhood.

I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 5:43 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
>> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
>> buns of my childhood.

> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

Â* But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
do it different ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 6:44:27 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
> > with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
> > buns of my childhood.

> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

If it's served on the side, you can always put it on the sandwich.
If it's served on the sandwich, I can't really scrape it off.

Thanks. Maybe I'll get some cabbage at the grocery store tonight
and make some vinaigrette slaw.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 4:21 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Â* We haven't eaten a store-bought bun at home in a couple of years now .
>>>

>> No grocery store type buns here. We get bread, buns and dinner rolls
>> from decent bakeries. It is curious that one place, an Italian bakery,
>> makes several types of dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns that are
>> great, but their bread is mediocre.

> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
> buns of my childhood.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Squish demands more squish.

Some things are mandated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 6:58 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 5:43 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll.Â* But
>>> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
>>> buns of my childhood.

>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

> Â* But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
> cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
> do it different ...

It's that old fart my way only thinking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> On 1/25/2018 5:43 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
> >> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
> >> buns of my childhood.

> > I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
> > ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
> cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
> do it different ...

LOL I was actually surprised that you took him on. You KNOW he
always has to win.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 9:26 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 6:44:27 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
>>> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
>>> buns of my childhood.

>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

> If it's served on the side, you can always put it on the sandwich.
> If it's served on the sandwich, I can't really scrape it off.

That's true. I dislike the taste of most slaw (too sweet) and once the
that taste is on the sandwich it's there to stay even after scraping it
off. It may be traditional to serve the slaw on top of a BBQ sandwich
but I'd rather not.

> Thanks. Maybe I'll get some cabbage at the grocery store tonight
> and make some vinaigrette slaw.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yours I might like.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 8:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

>> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
>> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
>> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
>> cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
>> do it different ...

> LOL I was actually surprised that you took him on. You KNOW he
> always has to win.

That bloated dwarf can win at only one thing - stalking women!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/25/2018 5:43 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> I gotta say, for the most part I like a good, crusty bread or roll. But
>>> with some things, like sloppy joes, it has to be the squishy hamburger
>>> buns of my childhood.

>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can cook
> it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should do it
> different ...

Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 10:05 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> news
>>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

>> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow
>> he's always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still
>> disagree with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess
>> he can cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody
>> else should do it different ...

> Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
> thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL
>
> Cheri

But oh Lordy are they mouthy ones!

_.- -._

<--> <-->
/\
__
/ \
\__/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 10:06:07 AM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 9:26 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > If it's served on the side, you can always put it on the sandwich.
> > If it's served on the sandwich, I can't really scrape it off.
> >

> That's true. I dislike the taste of most slaw (too sweet) and once the
> that taste is on the sandwich it's there to stay even after scraping it
> off. It may be traditional to serve the slaw on top of a BBQ sandwich
> but I'd rather not.
>
> Jill

Same here. I LOVE a good slaw but not on my sandwich, thankyouverymuch.
When the slaw is ON the bbq, that's all I taste; no meat flavor, no
bbq sauce flavor, nothing but slaw. Slaw and bbq are such different
flavors, both very good, and both go together quite well, but that
cabbage has a tendency to overpower the meat. I'm not even going to
mention how it can make a sandwich gloopy.

Psst: Soft, white store-bought white bun, please.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 11:05 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> news
>>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

>> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow
>> he's always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still
>> disagree with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I
>> guess he can cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think
>> anybody else should do it different ...

> Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
> thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL
>
> Cheri

* I've been married almost 45 years . I'm used to not getting the last
word ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 2:29 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 11:05 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow
>>> he's always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still
>>> disagree with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I
>>> guess he can cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think
>>> anybody else should do it different ...

>> Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
>> thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL
>>
>> Cheri

> * I've been married almost 45 years . I'm used to not getting the last
> word ...

Doh!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 15:29:17 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/25/2018 11:05 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> Â But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow
>>> he's always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still
>>> disagree with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I
>>> guess he can cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think
>>> anybody else should do it different ...

>> Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
>> thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL
>>
>> Cheri

> * I've been married almost 45 years . I'm used to not getting the last
>word ...

We take turns. Tomorrow is her turn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2018 1:00 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Adjective: served in the juice obtained from roasting
>
> So if you say "Can I have some extra served in the juice obtained from
> roasting with that?", you sound like an idiot.

Congratulations, you have eluded the reality that adjectival use can
morph into a noun in colloquial usage.

You MORON.

http://www.culinarylore.com/cooking-...ning-of-au-jus

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:53:31 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >Butterflied whole pork butt smoked 6 hours over pecan wood until it
> >hit 206F (wrapped last hour). Sliced and laid out on cheap white buns
> >with pickle, mayo, and a mustard BBQ sauce. Served with horseradish
> >coleslaw and borracho beans.
> >
> >https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
> >
> >-sw

> Raw pork and cheapo stoopid market pickles.

Steve does barbacoa like a JAP does fellatio...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 4:54 PM, Steve La Wertz wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:53:31 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Butterflied whole pork butt smoked 6 hours over pecan wood until it
>>> hit 206F (wrapped last hour). Sliced and laid out on cheap white buns
>>> with pickle, mayo, and a mustard BBQ sauce. Served with horseradish
>>> coleslaw and borracho beans.
>>>
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Raw pork and cheapo stoopid market pickles.

> Steve does barbacoa like a JAP does fellatio...

Can you 'splain dat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I am not crazy about cole slaw and rarely bother with it, but I
>>> have to
>>> say it is pretty good on a pulled pork sandwich.

>> And, it's a very good way to improve sub-par pulled pork. If the
>> pulled pork is good, I'll have my slaw on the side.

> All pulled pork is sub-par, it's pork that has been way over cooked so
> that it cannot be sliced.

I call BULLSHIT!

Let me guess, you know more than thousands of pit masters...uh huh...

Would you like to be taught how to BBQ?

We're gonna start you out with one of these and see how it goes:

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Am.../dp/B00365FI9E

3.5 out of 5 stars 1,210 customer reviews
| 152 answered questions
List Price: $79.99
Price: $66.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $13.00 (16%)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 6:53:15 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

> All pulled pork is sub-par, it's pork that has been way over cooked so
> that it cannot be sliced.

(*Sigh*) Once again you have no clue what you are talking about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 2:38 PM, casa sobre ruedas wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 2:29 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> On 1/25/2018 11:05 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Now you're getting it, it's my way or the highway for some posters,
>>> thankfully there are just a few big headed dolts here. LOL
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> * I've been married almost 45 years . I'm used to not getting the last
>> word ...
>>

> Doh!

You probably forgot by now. Your last words that mattered were "I do".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> And, it's a very good way to improve sub-par pulled pork. If the
> >> pulled pork is good, I'll have my slaw on the side.

> > All pulled pork is sub-par, it's pork that has been way over cooked so
> > that it cannot be sliced.
> >

> I call BULLSHIT!
>
> Let me guess, you know more than thousands of pit masters...uh huh...
>
> Would you like to be taught how to BBQ?

I don't imagine he wants to learn anything. Old dog. No new tricks.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:43:56 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:13:02 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> We haven't eaten a store-bought bun at home in a couple of years now .

> > the bun that was used is traditional.

> Even sesame seeds is wrong.

Those sesame seed buns are reserved for Big Macs.

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2018 11:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 07:58:15 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> I agree and same with bbq sandwiches. And I'll take my cole slaw
>>> ON the sandwich too, thankyouverymuch.

>> Â* But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow he's
>> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
>> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
>> cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
>> do it different ...

> Says the guy who started the argument by saying I didn't do it right,
> and called it a baked pork roast. You pathetic hypocrite.
>
> -sw

That's what it is , you poor excuse for a pitmaster . You can paint
black stripes on a white horse and call it a zebra , doesn't make it so .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2018 6:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 8:06:47 PM UTC-5, casa sobre ruedas wrote:
>> Would you like to be taught how to BBQ?
>>

> I don't imagine he wants to learn anything. Old dog. No new tricks.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Unless he grew up with it in Brooklyn or when he lived on "Lung Eyeland"
or during that stint as a Navy cook it's TIAD. Never mind the rest of
the world. Heck, even smoked turkey comes out looking pink. It's not
raw, it's inherent to the method. He doesn't understand it, therefore
it must be wrong. That's sad.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:03:16 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 6:11 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 8:06:47 PM UTC-5, casa sobre ruedas wrote:
> >> Would you like to be taught how to BBQ?
> >>

> > I don't imagine he wants to learn anything. Old dog. No new tricks.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Unless he grew up with it in Brooklyn or when he lived on "Lung Eyeland"
> or during that stint as a Navy cook it's TIAD. Never mind the rest of
> the world. Heck, even smoked turkey comes out looking pink. It's not
> raw, it's inherent to the method. He doesn't understand it, therefore
> it must be wrong. That's sad.
>
> Jill

Agreed. It's not so much that he doesn't like stuff--we've all got our
preferences. But he judges other people's preferences as if he's the
Lord God of Gastronomy.

He's wrong. I'm the Goddess of Gastronomy, and anybody who likes
blue cheese is damned to Hell for eternity. (Pity about my husband,
but a goddess has to have standards.)

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2018 9:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Agreed. It's not so much that he doesn't like stuff--we've all got our
> preferences. But he judges other people's preferences as if he's the
> Lord God of Gastronomy.
>
> He's wrong. I'm the Goddess of Gastronomy, and anybody who likes
> blue cheese is damned to Hell for eternity. (Pity about my husband,
> but a goddess has to have standards.)
>
> Cindy Hamilton

LOL!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'm the Goddess of Gastronomy, and anybody who likes
> blue cheese is damned to Hell for eternity. (Pity about my husband,
> but a goddess has to have standards.)

LOL! :-D

PS - I only like blue cheese with hot wings - only then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 6:53:15 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:
> >
> > All pulled pork is sub-par, it's pork that has been way over cooked so
> > that it cannot be sliced.
> >

> (*Sigh*) Once again you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sheldon has obviously just never had a good pork bbq sandwich. If
he did, he wouldn't be talking like this. Excuse his ignorance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:

> casa sobre ruedas wrote:
> > Terry Coombs wrote:
> >> I've been married almost 45 years . I'm used to not getting the last
> >> word ...
> >>

> > Doh!
> >

> You probably forgot by now. Your last words that mattered were "I do".

LOL at both very true comments!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> All pulled pork is sub-par, it's pork that has been way over cooked so
>>> that it cannot be sliced.
>>>

>> I call BULLSHIT!
>>
>> Let me guess, you know more than thousands of pit masters...uh huh...
>>
>> Would you like to be taught how to BBQ?
>>

> I don't imagine he wants to learn anything. Old dog. No new tricks.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yeah prolly so, but it was worth an offer...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2018 6:21 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/25/2018 11:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Â* Â* But but but Squirts serves his slaw on the side ! And donchaknow
>>> he's
>>> always right , just look at the way he shut me down ! I still disagree
>>> with his technique , but since I don't have to eat it I guess he can
>>> cook it any way he wants . Too bad he doesn't think anybody else should
>>> do it different ...

>> Says the guy who started the argument by saying I didn't do it right,
>> and called it a baked pork roast.Â* You pathetic hypocrite.
>>
>> -sw

> That's what it is , you poor excuse for a pitmaster . You can paint
> black stripes on a white horse and call it a zebra , doesn't make it so .

Ding!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2018 7:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:03:16 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>>

>>> I don't imagine he wants to learn anything. Old dog. No new tricks.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Unless he grew up with it in Brooklyn or when he lived on "Lung Eyeland"
>> or during that stint as a Navy cook it's TIAD. Never mind the rest of
>> the world. Heck, even smoked turkey comes out looking pink. It's not
>> raw, it's inherent to the method. He doesn't understand it, therefore
>> it must be wrong. That's sad.
>>
>> Jill

> Agreed. It's not so much that he doesn't like stuff--we've all got our
> preferences. But he judges other people's preferences as if he's the
> Lord God of Gastronomy.

Zeuss with endless top round!

> He's wrong. I'm the Goddess of Gastronomy, and anybody who likes
> blue cheese is damned to Hell for eternity. (Pity about my husband,
> but a goddess has to have standards.)
>
> Cindy Hamilton

<bows to the end of stinky cheeses>

Yes your worshipfulness.

Cured Smoked Pork Butt Kent Barbecue 10 08-05-2008 02:39 AM
Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos gs Barbecue 78 27-01-2008 12:49 AM
Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos gs General Cooking 4 07-01-2008 12:27 AM
Fatty, Pork Butt, Smoked Skillet Potatoes w/ photos gs Recipes 0 06-01-2008 09:09 PM