Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Ping Gary Football

It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.

--
Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 4:39 PM, Cheri wrote:
> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.

No run game at all...until it really counted...
;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/21/2018 4:39 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.
>>

> No run game at all...until it really counted...
> ;-)

Yeah, they remind me of the Warriors many times...until it counts.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 5:11 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 1/21/2018 4:39 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.
>>>

>> No run game at all...until it really counted...
>> ;-)

> Yeah, they remind me of the Warriors many times...until it counts.
>
> Cheri

I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/21/2018 5:11 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>>

>>> No run game at all...until it really counted...
>>> ;-)

>> Yeah, they remind me of the Warriors many times...until it counts.
>>
>> Cheri

> I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.

I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh is a
huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in most
games.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 5:40 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 1/21/2018 5:11 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Yeah, they remind me of the Warriors many times...until it counts.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.

> I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh
> is a huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in
> most games.
>
> Cheri

Ha, the squeaking shoes - never would have thought of that but yes, yes
they do!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/21/2018 5:40 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.

>> I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh is
>> a huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in most
>> games.
>>
>> Cheri

> Ha, the squeaking shoes - never would have thought of that but yes, yes
> they do!

I am cursed with a super type hearing so they do drive me crazy because it's
all I hear, very distracting.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 16:40:05 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 1/21/2018 5:11 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Yeah, they remind me of the Warriors many times...until it counts.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.

>I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh is a
>huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in most
>games.

It's a shame that the new world picked up all the wrong sports from
Europe. Now I'm in a country that's only into dumb sports like
"foot"ball, cricket and torturing horses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 21:57:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 1/21/2018 5:40 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh is
>>> a huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in most
>>> games.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Ha, the squeaking shoes - never would have thought of that but yes, yes
>> they do!

>I am cursed with a super type hearing so they do drive me crazy because it's
>all I hear, very distracting.

Can't you wear headphones with Barbara Streisand on them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sat WVU beat Texas by 35 points in basketball.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.

Yep, a good game but a little too close for comfort for me,
dammit. I know they often pull off last minute saves but that was
a bit worrisome...right down to the last minute or so.

Then I also watched the second game - Vikings vs Eagles. Not
being familiar with either team, I wanted to pick one to start
with. Before game started, I decided to support Philadelphia. No
special reason other than they are closer to me. Besides, ppl in
Minnesota talk weird. ;-D

Right in the beginning, Minnesota got a touchdown and I figured I
had picked the loser. Boy was I surprised when Philadelphia came
right back later and completely kicked their ass to win, what was
it? 38-7 if I remember correctly.

So anyway, I alway love when "my team" makes the Super Bowl.
Makes it much more fun to watch for me. 13 days and counting. I
plan to make a big batch of homemade dinner nachos for that one.
Win or lose, at least I'll fill up on some killer food! :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The squeaking basketball shoes don't bother me, but I absolutely hate the background noise in a football game. The fans screaming sounds like a radio stuck in between stations, really loud static. Why can't they filter this noise? I have to leave the room when the Patriots are on.

Denise in NH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 10:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 1/21/2018 5:40 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but
>>> dh is a huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling
>>> participant in most games.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Ha, the squeaking shoes - never would have thought of that but yes,
>> yes they do!

> I am cursed with a super type hearing so they do drive me crazy because
> it's all I hear, very distracting.
>
> Cheri

I know being at courtside would be torture for you then.

Bummer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2018 11:30 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 16:40:05 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "esta vieja casa" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> I don't follow hoops much but they are clutch when it matters, yes.

>> I'm not really big on basketball, I hate those squeaking shoes, but dh is a
>> huge fan since I've known him, so I am an unwilling participant in most
>> games.

> It's a shame that the new world picked up all the wrong sports from
> Europe. Now I'm in a country that's only into dumb sports like
> "foot"ball, cricket and torturing horses.

Yer in a major gearhead nation, wake up fool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hqEigg0U0U

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.

> Yep, a good game but a little too close for comfort for me,
> dammit. I know they often pull off last minute saves but that was
> a bit worrisome...right down to the last minute or so.
>
> Then I also watched the second game - Vikings vs Eagles. Not
> being familiar with either team, I wanted to pick one to start
> with. Before game started, I decided to support Philadelphia. No
> special reason other than they are closer to me. Besides, ppl in
> Minnesota talk weird. ;-D

I was pulling hard for the Vikings, I lost out on both games, but I know you
will enjoy the SB and nachos are always good!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
The squeaking basketball shoes don't bother me, but I absolutely hate the
background noise in a football game. The fans screaming sounds like a radio
stuck in between stations, really loud static. Why can't they filter this
noise? I have to leave the room when the Patriots are on.

Denise in NH

=======

If I was ever going to leave a room, it would be when the Patriots are on.
;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/22/2018 12:15 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> It's good to be a Pats fan today! At least it was a decent game.

>> Yep, a good game but a little too close for comfort for me,
>> dammit. I know they often pull off last minute saves but that was
>> a bit worrisome...right down to the last minute or so.
>>
>> Then I also watched the second game - Vikings vs Eagles. Not
>> being familiar with either team, I wanted to pick one to start
>> with. Before game started, I decided to support Philadelphia. No
>> special reason other than they are closer to me. Besides, ppl in
>> Minnesota talk weird. ;-D

> I was pulling hard for the Vikings, I lost out on both games, but I know
> you will enjoy the SB and nachos are always good!
>
> Cheri

I grew up in Philadelphia but now live in Patriots territory. I decided
to support the team that will have the most effect on my life. Yep,
going to watch a movie or Planet Earth instead of a football game.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 1/22/2018 12:15 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Yep, a good game but a little too close for comfort for me,
>>> dammit. I know they often pull off last minute saves but that was
>>> a bit worrisome...right down to the last minute or so.
>>>
>>> Then I also watched the second game - Vikings vs Eagles. Not
>>> being familiar with either team, I wanted to pick one to start
>>> with. Before game started, I decided to support Philadelphia. No
>>> special reason other than they are closer to me. Besides, ppl in
>>> Minnesota talk weird. ;-D

>> I was pulling hard for the Vikings, I lost out on both games, but I know
>> you will enjoy the SB and nachos are always good!
>>
>> Cheri

> I grew up in Philadelphia but now live in Patriots territory. I decided
> to support the team that will have the most effect on my life. Yep, going
> to watch a movie or Planet Earth instead of a football game.

I will probably rent a movie since I really do not care about either team,
though the Philly fans are always good for a laugh with their outrageous
antics.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:16:15 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>The squeaking basketball shoes don't bother me, but I absolutely hate the
>background noise in a football game. The fans screaming sounds like a radio
>stuck in between stations, really loud static. Why can't they filter this
>noise? I have to leave the room when the Patriots are on.
>
>Denise in NH
>
>=======
>
>If I was ever going to leave a room, it would be when the Patriots are on.
>;-)

I'd have thought you were a big patriot.

OT PING GARY FOOTBALL Cheri[_3_] General Cooking 5 15-01-2018 06:26 PM
Ping Gary, just for fun cshenk General Cooking 0 01-02-2016 04:31 AM
Ping: Gary sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 18-02-2015 03:01 PM
Ping! Gary (from TJ) Tommy Joe General Cooking 0 24-03-2013 06:01 AM