Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Trying a new recipe

As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't think the
dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small piece
left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk and a
tiny bit of butter.

I used two boxes of Winco brand stuffing, cut the chicken in bite sized
pieces, laid it on a bed of the stuffing, topped with lots of Swiss cheese
then the rest of the stuffing, then the sauce. Sauce for the people
casserole has the rest of the cream of mushroom soup, the cream of chicken,
the remains of a carton of bone broth (perhaps 1/2 cup) a couple of good
glugs of dry sherry and milk. Also added black pepper.

I rarely buy or make stuffing but this was cheap and I am getting tired of
pasta, rice and potatoes. We all love cheese so I think this will be a hit.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8497/sw...d=simslot_1 #

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
>casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't think the
>dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small piece
>left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk and a
>tiny bit of butter.

Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
>>casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't think the
>>dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small
>>piece
>>left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk and a
>>tiny bit of butter.

> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will eat
it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
>casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't think the
>dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small piece
>left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk and a
>tiny bit of butter.

Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

Doris

==

So will ours))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Doris Night" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> > As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made
> > two casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I
> > don't think the dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby
> > Jack. I had one small piece left. His also has a sauce of a little
> > cream of mushroom soup, milk and a tiny bit of butter.

> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.
>
> Doris
>
> ==
>
> So will ours))

If there is a remote difference, it would be a dog smart enough to
equate lactoste intolerance levels among cheeses. Since most humans
doen't get that, it is unlikely a dog will.

Basically if it passes their sniff test, they will eat it ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Doris Night" wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> > As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made
> > two casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I
> > don't think the dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby
> > Jack. I had one small piece left. His also has a sauce of a little
> > cream of mushroom soup, milk and a tiny bit of butter.

> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.
>
> Doris
>
> ==
>
> So will ours))

If there is a remote difference, it would be a dog smart enough to
equate lactoste intolerance levels among cheeses. Since most humans
doen't get that, it is unlikely a dog will.

Basically if it passes their sniff test, they will eat it ;-)

===

Never a truer word was spoken

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
>>> casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't
>>> think the
>>> dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small
>>> piece
>>> left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk
>>> and a
>>> tiny bit of butter.

>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.

So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made two
>>> casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I don't think
>>> the
>>> dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby Jack. I had one small
>>> piece
>>> left. His also has a sauce of a little cream of mushroom soup, milk and
>>> tiny bit of butter.

>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.

So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.

Jill

==

Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
dog I would still cook for it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" wrote in message news >
>On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>
>Jill
>
>==
>
>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>dog I would still cook for it.

What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2017 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but
>> will eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

> So give the dog cheddar.Â* Sheesh!Â* I still don't understand why you're
> cooking for someone elses dog.Â* Buy some canned dog food.Â* Some of the
> canned brands include bits of cheese.Â* Alpo comes to mind.Â* The dog will
> either like it or not.Â* Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Why not?Â* I cook for my dog!Â* So it isn't her dog!Â* Even if it were not
> my dog I would still cook for it.

Okay. We've already established people cook for their pets. She just
tries to make things difficult. What kind of cheese? The dog doesn't
like Swiss. It was just a short time ago she posted she couldn't even
*find* "Swiss" cheese.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.

He won't eat dog food. We've tried. Apparently the people had him before fed
him only human food. It's no bother. I keep a little cooked turkey and
ground beef in the freezer in case I am making something for the humans that
he can't or won't eat all all. I can easily cut up a little carrot or
something to go with it. Oddly, he will eat cat treats but not dog treats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
> dog I would still cook for it.

The dog is a good friend. I spoil animals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/18/2017 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >>

>>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>>

>> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>> dog I would still cook for it.
>>

> Okay. We've already established people cook for their pets. She just
> tries to make things difficult. What kind of cheese? The dog doesn't
> like Swiss. It was just a short time ago she posted she couldn't even
> *find* "Swiss" cheese.

I couldn't. I can find it now. Fred Meyer has their own brand. Not bad but
not as good as Tillamook. Fine for cooking but if I want to eat a piece, I
prefer Tillamook. Saw the Walmart brand today too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "Doris Night" wrote in message
>>
>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > As usual, I didn't adhere strictly to the recipe. I actually made
>> > two casseroles. One little one for the dog and a bigger one. I
>> > don't think the dog like Swiss cheese so his has a little Colby
>> > Jack. I had one small piece left. His also has a sauce of a little
>> > cream of mushroom soup, milk and a tiny bit of butter.

>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.
>>
>> Doris
>>
>> ==
>>
>> So will ours))

> If there is a remote difference, it would be a dog smart enough to
> equate lactoste intolerance levels among cheeses. Since most humans
> doen't get that, it is unlikely a dog will.
>
> Basically if it passes their sniff test, they will eat it ;-)

I tried giving it to the dog before. Won't eat. He did eat mozzarella once
but hasn't eaten it after that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news
> He won't eat dog food. We've tried. Apparently the people had him before
> fed him only human food. It's no bother. I keep a little cooked turkey and
> ground beef in the freezer in case I am making something for the humans
> that he can't or won't eat all all. I can easily cut up a little carrot or
> something to go with it. Oddly, he will eat cat treats but not dog treats.

When we got our rescue several years ago they sent her with some awful
smelling dry dog food from Costco. I have cooked her meals since she came
here and now she will not touch dry dog food or canned food though I suppose
if she got hungry enough she sure would. For me it's not a problem because I
can always find some good meat at the reduced section in the supermarket. I
freeze it in individual bags so it's handy.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 11/18/2017 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:40:00 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Julie, believe me, the dog will eat the Swiss cheese. Any dog I've
>>> ever lived with wasn't the least bit fussy about what kind of cheese
>>> he/she was served. In fact, the stinkier, the better.

>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>
> Jill
>
> ==
>
> Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
> dog I would still cook for it.

Okay. We've already established people cook for their pets. She just
tries to make things difficult. What kind of cheese? The dog doesn't
like Swiss. It was just a short time ago she posted she couldn't even
*find* "Swiss" cheese.

Jill
==

But that is her choice! Why does she have to worry about you not liking her
cheese choices.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"jmcquown" wrote in message news >
>On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>

>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>
>Jill
>
>==
>
>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>dog I would still cook for it.

What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?

==

This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
through all subjects.

Post as an adult and I will respond.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"jmcquown" wrote in message news >>
>>On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>>

>>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>
>>Jill
>>
>>==
>>
>>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>>dog I would still cook for it.

>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>
>==
>
>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>through all subjects.
>
>Post as an adult and I will respond.

That was such an innocent joke...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news
> He won't eat dog food. We've tried. Apparently the people had him before
> fed him only human food. It's no bother. I keep a little cooked turkey and
> ground beef in the freezer in case I am making something for the humans
> that he can't or won't eat all all. I can easily cut up a little carrot or
> something to go with it. Oddly, he will eat cat treats but not dog treats.

When we got our rescue several years ago they sent her with some awful
smelling dry dog food from Costco. I have cooked her meals since she came
here and now she will not touch dry dog food or canned food though I suppose
if she got hungry enough she sure would. For me it's not a problem because I
can always find some good meat at the reduced section in the supermarket. I
freeze it in individual bags so it's handy.

Cheri

==

It's easy enough to do. And at least we know what is in it! I have heard
that some countries use bowels uncleaned, but here, the dog/cat food has to
be fit for human consumption. Not that I would try it but I found it
interesting

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"jmcquown" wrote in message news >>
>>On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>>

>>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>
>>Jill
>>
>>==
>>
>>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>>dog I would still cook for it.

>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>
>==
>
>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>through all subjects.
>
>Post as an adult and I will respond.

That was such an innocent joke...

==

It was loaded and well you know it!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:

>>>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>>>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>>>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>>>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>>>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>>
>>>Jill
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>>>dog I would still cook for it.

>>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>
>>==
>>
>>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>>through all subjects.
>>
>>Post as an adult and I will respond.

>That was such an innocent joke...
>
>==
>
>It was loaded and well you know it!

Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:

>>>So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>>>cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>>>canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>>>either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>>>"casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>>
>>>Jill
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not
>>>my
>>>dog I would still cook for it.

>>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>
>>==
>>
>>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>>through all subjects.
>>
>>Post as an adult and I will respond.

>That was such an innocent joke...
>
>==
>
>It was loaded and well you know it!

Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.

==

I wasn't but give you an inch ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 11/18/2017 6:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >>

>>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>>

>> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not
>> my
>> dog I would still cook for it.
>>

> Okay. We've already established people cook for their pets. She just
> tries to make things difficult. What kind of cheese? The dog doesn't
> like Swiss. It was just a short time ago she posted she couldn't even
> *find* "Swiss" cheese.
>
> Jill
> ==
>
> But that is her choice! Why does she have to worry about you not liking
> her
> cheese choices.

Believe me, I am not worried.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> The dog is a good friend. I spoil animals.

Just another badge on the publicity poster for "St Julie the martyr".

Janet Uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 1:38:51 AM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> I have cooked her meals since she came
> here and now she will not touch dry dog food or canned food though I suppose
> if she got hungry enough she sure would. |

> Cheri

I feel the same way about most processed foods! Once I tasted really good foods, the contrast gap loomed BIGLY, and a warily avoided the hazardous leap! Never again!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:14:02 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>>>through all subjects.
>>>
>>>Post as an adult and I will respond.

>>That was such an innocent joke...
>>
>>==
>>
>>It was loaded and well you know it!

>Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>
>==
>
>I wasn't but give you an inch ...

If you were not offended, why do you carry on like this?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>>>through all subjects.
>>>
>>>Post as an adult and I will respond.

>>That was such an innocent joke...
>>
>>==
>>
>>It was loaded and well you know it!

>Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>
>==
>
>I wasn't but give you an inch ...

If you were not offended, why do you carry on like this?

==

Oh give it a rest Bruce. It gets very boring

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> ...but here, the dog/cat food has to
> be fit for human consumption. Not that I would try it but I found it
> interesting

What I find interesting is that you hear about people that will
eat dog/cat food sometimes in order to save money because they
are so poor. IMO, they might be poor but they are also stupid!

No matter my budget, I can always find "people food" on sale
cheaper than buying dog or cat food. I didn't mention ferret food
because THAT is much more expensive.

Seriously though...I even question the statement that poor people
buy canned dog or cat meat. If they do, they are not shopping
wisely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 14:27:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:14:02 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

m...

>>>That was such an innocent joke...
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>It was loaded and well you know it!

>>Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>>
>>==
>>
>>I wasn't but give you an inch ...

>If you were not offended, why do you carry on like this?
>
>==
>
>Oh give it a rest Bruce. It gets very boring

What's boring is your intolerance. It makes a normal discussion
impossible. You must have a hard time in the UK, since 50% of the
people disagree with you. Do you try to bully them into agreeing with
you as well?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:42:55 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> ...but here, the dog/cat food has to
>> be fit for human consumption. Not that I would try it but I found it
>> interesting

>What I find interesting is that you hear about people that will
>eat dog/cat food sometimes in order to save money because they
>are so poor. IMO, they might be poor but they are also stupid!
>
>No matter my budget, I can always find "people food" on sale
>cheaper than buying dog or cat food. I didn't mention ferret food
>because THAT is much more expensive.
>
>Seriously though...I even question the statement that poor people
>buy canned dog or cat meat. If they do, they are not shopping
>wisely.

They'd be eating cow shit. Literally.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 13:14:02 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

m...

>>>That was such an innocent joke...
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>It was loaded and well you know it!

>>Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>>
>>==
>>
>>I wasn't but give you an inch ...

>If you were not offended, why do you carry on like this?
>
>==
>
>Oh give it a rest Bruce. It gets very boring

What's boring is your intolerance. It makes a normal discussion
impossible. You must have a hard time in the UK, since 50% of the
people disagree with you. Do you try to bully them into agreeing with
you as well?

==

I know exactly what you are trying to do Forget it!

LOL you never know when to give up do you))

Awaits the next poke ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 2:58 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "jmcquown"Â* wrote in message news >>
>> On 11/18/2017 3:59 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Pretty sure he doesn't. Doesn't usually like mozzarella either but will
>>> eat it sometimes. Loves cheddar though.
>>>

>> So give the dog cheddar.Â* Sheesh!Â* I still don't understand why you're
>> cooking for someone elses dog.Â* Buy some canned dog food.Â* Some of the
>> canned brands include bits of cheese.Â* Alpo comes to mind.Â* The dog will
>> either like it or not.Â* Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>
>> Jill
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Why not?Â* I cook for my dog!Â* So it isn't her dog!Â* Even if it were
>> not my
>> dog I would still cook for it.

> What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>
> ==
>
> This is my problem with you.Â* Something gets your goat and you pursue
> it through all subjects.
>
> Post as an adult and I will respond.

An impossible challenge...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 3:11 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:14:56 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> So give the dog cheddar. Sheesh! I still don't understand why you're
>>> cooking for someone elses dog. Buy some canned dog food. Some of the
>>> canned brands include bits of cheese. Alpo comes to mind. The dog will
>>> either like it or not. Worrying about the type of cheese and cooking a
>>> "casserole" for a dog you don't even own seems a bit over the top.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Why not? I cook for my dog! So it isn't her dog! Even if it were not my
>>> dog I would still cook for it.

>> What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>> through all subjects.
>>
>> Post as an adult and I will respond.

> That was such an innocent joke...

Bugger off, nancy boy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 3:48 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message

>>> What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue it
>>> through all subjects.
>>>
>>> Post as an adult and I will respond.

>> That was such an innocent joke...
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It was loaded and well you know it!

> Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.

Why do you constantly retreat from your obvious assaults on her?

Do you get some kind of sick thrill from gaming her like this?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"casa chevrolet" wrote in message news
On 11/19/2017 3:48 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 09:58:58 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message

>>> What if it were a German shepherd, named Angela?
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> This is my problem with you. Something gets your goat and you pursue
>>> it
>>> through all subjects.
>>>
>>> Post as an adult and I will respond.

>> That was such an innocent joke...
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It was loaded and well you know it!

> Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.

Why do you constantly retreat from your obvious assaults on her?

Do you get some kind of sick thrill from gaming her like this?

==

I think you have that spot on. He knows I'll always respond to something
reasonable and then ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 17:33:19 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>He knows I'll always respond to something reasonable and then ...

And then what? Don't be a drama queen
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 10:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "casa chevrolet"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 11/19/2017 3:48 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message

>>> That was such an innocent joke...
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> It was loaded and well you know it!

>> Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>>

> Why do you constantly retreat from your obvious assaults on her?
>
> Do you get some kind of sick thrill from gaming her like this?
>
> ==
>
> I think you have that spot on.Â* He knows I'll always respond to
> something reasonable and then ...

It's the old Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football act.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DAAldV51KUzUA/giphy.gif

____
.-'& '-.
/ \
: o o ;
( (_ )
: ;
\ __ /
`-._____.-'
/`"""`\
/ , \
/|/\/\/\ _\
(_|/\/\/\\__)
|_______|
__)_ |_ (__
(_____|_____)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>He knows I'll always respond to something reasonable and then ...

And then what? Don't be a drama queen

==

As you wish!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"casa chevrolet" wrote in message news
On 11/19/2017 10:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "casa chevrolet" wrote in message news >
> On 11/19/2017 3:48 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:19:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message

>>> That was such an innocent joke...
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> It was loaded and well you know it!

>> Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>>

> Why do you constantly retreat from your obvious assaults on her?
>
> Do you get some kind of sick thrill from gaming her like this?
>
> ==
>
> I think you have that spot on. He knows I'll always respond to something
> reasonable and then ...

It's the old Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football act.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DAAldV51KUzUA/giphy.gif

____
.-'& '-.
/ \
: o o ;
( (_ )
: ;
\ __ /
`-._____.-'
/`"""`\
/ , \
/|/\/\/\ _\
(_|/\/\/\\__)
|_______|
__)_ |_ (__
(_____|_____)

--

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 11:25 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "casa chevrolet"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 11/19/2017 10:33 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "casa chevrolet"Â* wrote in message news >>
>> On 11/19/2017 3:48 AM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Yes, but innocent. I didn't for a moment think you'd be offended.
>>>

>> Why do you constantly retreat from your obvious assaults on her?
>>
>> Do you get some kind of sick thrill from gaming her like this?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I think you have that spot on.Â* He knows I'll always respond to something
>> reasonable and then ...
>>

> It's the old Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football act.
>

> https://media.giphy.com/media/DAAldV51KUzUA/giphy.gif
>
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* ____
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* .-'&Â*Â*Â* '-.
> Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* /Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* \