Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yet another light gone out.... Leon Russell

Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
gone through that for nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Most of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd, Outlaws and Molly Hatchet are dead,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:08:03 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
>four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
>surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
>gone through that for nothing.

"This Masquerade" written by Leon Russell, Sung by Karen Carpenter and
Ella Fitzgerald is on my All Time Favorites list.
Thank you all!
--
Mr.E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2016 8:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
> four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
> surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
> gone through that for nothing.

Yeah, it's a shame. But he (and his surgeons) surely didn't know he'd
drop dead a few months later.

My SO had quintuple bypass surgery and was up and around and doing well
six weeks later. He still is, 12 years later. There are no guarantees.

When your time is up, it's up. No amount of surgery is going to fix it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
> four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
> surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
> gone through that for nothing.

I was mesmerized by the black beauty of a guitar he played back in the 70's. He had such feminine hands. I bought myself one on my birthday. It's so beautiful that I don't play it. I guess the previous owner wouldn't play it either. It's so cherry!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f38f9aa5ba.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2016 10:47 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
>> four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
>> surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
>> gone through that for nothing.

> I was mesmerized by the black beauty of a guitar he played back in the 70's. He had such feminine hands. I bought myself one
> on my birthday. It's so beautiful that I don't play it. I guess the previous owner wouldn't play it either. It's so cherry!
>
> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f38f9aa5ba.jpg

It's sort of a sin to leave a Les Paul unplayed, really.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:56:00 AM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:
> On 11/14/2016 10:47 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 3:07:11 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
> >> four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
> >> surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
> >> gone through that for nothing.

> > I was mesmerized by the black beauty of a guitar he played back in the 70's. He had such feminine hands. I bought myself one
> > on my birthday. It's so beautiful that I don't play it. I guess the previous owner wouldn't play it either. It's so cherry!
> >
> > https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f38f9aa5ba.jpg
> >

> It's sort of a sin to leave a Les Paul unplayed, really.

I am not without sin but you're probably right about that. OTOH, I got plenty of guitars I can play and you're not going to find very many 20 year old LP customs in such a minty condition.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2016 11:09 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f38f9aa5ba.jpg
>>>

>> It's sort of a sin to leave a Les Paul unplayed, really.

> I am not without sin but you're probably right about that.

It's a 'minor" one, if you catch my drift...

> OTOH, I got plenty of guitars I can play and you're not going to find very many 20 year old LP customs in such a minty
> condition.

Collector car syndrome, of course a "trailer queen" is still a queen.

Live dangerously - bust out some power chords and then case it back up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, dsi1
says...

> He had such feminine hands. I bought myself one on my birthday.

Why only one? Now you have two different hands.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 7:07:11 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:
> Poor guy. Apparently he had bypass surgery in July. Hell, that was just
> four months ago. That was about the length of time after my heart
> surgery that I started feeling human again. It's a damned shame to have
> gone through that for nothing.

OH another great gone, These guys are all aboout my age, or at least close. no wonder, they are all OLD. Song For You ... one of the best of the best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 8:16:24 AM UTC-10, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> It's sort of a sin to leave a Les Paul unplayed, really.

> > I am not without sin but you're probably right about that.

> It's a 'minor" one, if you catch my drift...
>
> > OTOH, I got plenty of guitars I can play and you're not going to find very many 20 year old LP customs in such a minty
> > condition.

> Collector car syndrome, of course a "trailer queen" is still a queen.
>
> Live dangerously - bust out some power chords and then case it back up.

I guess I used to have GAS when I was younger. The best cure for GAS is to startup your own business. You'll soon be selling off your best pieces to finance your folly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ion%20Syndrome

After 14 years, I'm closing down my office and have to be out of there by today. I'm now looking for gainful employment. Luckily, I have a reputation in the business as being able to do things that nobody else can do. Perhaps I can start a new folly. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 14, 2016 at 11:07:51 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> In article >, dsi1
> says...
>
> > He had such feminine hands. I bought myself one on my birthday.

> Why only one? Now you have two different hands.

Do you know what feminine Caucasian hands go for in the open market? I'm no rock star with wheelbarrows of dough! As it goes I could only afford one. A left handed hand at that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2016 10:22 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I am not without sin but you're probably right about that.

>> It's a 'minor" one, if you catch my drift...
>>
>>> OTOH, I got plenty of guitars I can play and you're not going to find very many 20 year old LP customs in such a minty
>>> condition.

>> Collector car syndrome, of course a "trailer queen" is still a queen.
>>
>> Live dangerously - bust out some power chords and then case it back up.

> I guess I used to have GAS when I was younger. The best cure for GAS is to startup your own business. You'll soon be selling off your best pieces to finance your folly.
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ion%20Syndrome
>
> After 14 years, I'm closing down my office and have to be out of there by today. I'm now looking for gainful employment. Luckily, I have a reputation in the business as being able to do things that nobody else can do. Perhaps I can start a new folly. Hee hee.

Maybe Guitar Center will have some fresh competition?

Congratulations on moving forward to a new gig - may it be satisfying
and lucrative.

Cecina de Leon John Warr Preserving 1 22-10-2009 03:45 PM
Russell Island spagetti General Cooking 1 03-01-2009 10:59 PM
Chicken a la Leon D'oro Bloggist Recipes (moderated) 0 21-08-2008 03:37 AM
Chicken a la Leon D'oro Bloggist Recipes 0 07-08-2008 03:42 PM
El Norte: Especialidades de Nuevo Leon The Galloping Gourmand Mexican Cooking 2 11-03-2007 04:09 PM