Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
was roasted in a 400*F oven.
Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
tender. I'll be doing this again.

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
> koko

Looks great!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
>https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
>koko

I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>

> >Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
> >wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
> >was roasted in a 400*F oven.
> >Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
> >tender. I'll be doing this again.

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

> >koko

> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)

And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 08:02:25 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>

>> >Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>> >wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>> >was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>> >Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>> >tender. I'll be doing this again.
>> >
>> >https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>> >
>> >koko

>> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
>> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

>Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>
>And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>help.

At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
with all the tasty crackling on it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>

>> >Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>> >wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>> >was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>> >Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>> >tender. I'll be doing this again.
>> >
>> >https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>> >
>> >koko

>> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
>> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

>Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>
>And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>help.

At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
with all the tasty crackling on it

===

Yummmm now you're talking)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 08:02:25 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> wrote:

> >> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
> >> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

> >Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
> >
> >And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
> >doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
> >dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
> >help.

> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
> with all the tasty crackling on it

I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
distinct purpose in my kitchen.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

>> >Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>> >
>> >And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>> >doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>> >dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>> >help.

>> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
>> with all the tasty crackling on it

>I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
>distinct purpose in my kitchen.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I think with the tenderloin, beef or pork, being so lean it doesn't
cook up in such a yummy way without some fat. When I buy prime rib of
beef I get the butcher to cut it with generous fat, without all the
trimming they do for the showcase pieces, you don't have to eat it but
it sure gives the meat a flavour. Yes I know I pay per ounce for the
fat that isn't eaten but the meat that is has a more delicious
flavour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
>https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
>koko
>
>-

This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
strips? Is this correct?

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

>> >Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>> >
>> >And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>> >doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>> >dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>> >help.

>> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
>> with all the tasty crackling on it

>I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
>distinct purpose in my kitchen.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I think with the tenderloin, beef or pork, being so lean it doesn't
cook up in such a yummy way without some fat. When I buy prime rib of
beef I get the butcher to cut it with generous fat, without all the
trimming they do for the showcase pieces, you don't have to eat it but
it sure gives the meat a flavour. Yes I know I pay per ounce for the
fat that isn't eaten but the meat that is has a more delicious
flavour.

==============

True but I think that was the point of having it wrapped in bacon to cook
it.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>>> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
>>> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

>> Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>>
>> And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>> doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>> dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>> help.

> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
> with all the tasty crackling on it

During summer grilling season I tend to cook pork tenderloin with a with
a Greek marinade. I use one part fresh lemon juice to two parts olive
oil, lots of chopped garlic and some oregano. I butterfly the tenderloin
and pound it out to an even thickness and then stick it in the marinade
and let it do its work for a few hours. Heat of the BBQ and slap the
hot grill and give it 2-3 minutes per side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 8:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>

>>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>> tender. I'll be doing this again.

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>>> koko

>> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
>> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

> Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>
> And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
> doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
> dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
> help.

Consider pork tenderloin a blank slate. It needs seasonings. I've used
oil & vinegar with garlic and rosemary, delicious! Also coated in a
sage-crumb crust (also with garlic) and roasted. I never thought to
wrap it in bacon before but hey, why not?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>>> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
>>> with all the tasty crackling on it

>> I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
>> distinct purpose in my kitchen.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> I think with the tenderloin, beef or pork, being so lean it doesn't
> cook up in such a yummy way without some fat. When I buy prime rib of
> beef I get the butcher to cut it with generous fat, without all the
> trimming they do for the showcase pieces, you don't have to eat it but
> it sure gives the meat a flavour. Yes I know I pay per ounce for the
> fat that isn't eaten but the meat that is has a more delicious
> flavour.

That reminds me, I need to cook the standing rib roast I have in the
freezer. And yes, it has a nice fat-cap.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"William" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>
>>Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>
>>https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>
>>koko
>>
>>-

> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
> strips? Is this correct?
>
> William

No.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 11:03:18 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> wrote in message ...
>
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> >> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
> >> with all the tasty crackling on it

> >I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
> >distinct purpose in my kitchen.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I think with the tenderloin, beef or pork, being so lean it doesn't
> cook up in such a yummy way without some fat. When I buy prime rib of
> beef I get the butcher to cut it with generous fat, without all the
> trimming they do for the showcase pieces, you don't have to eat it but
> it sure gives the meat a flavour. Yes I know I pay per ounce for the
> fat that isn't eaten but the meat that is has a more delicious
> flavour.
>
> ==============
>
> True but I think that was the point of having it wrapped in bacon to cook
> it.

To me, pork tenderloin has a mild flavor reminiscent of veal. It
needs only the least seasoning, and cook it no more than medium.

That said, I often soak it in strongly flavored marinades, making use
of it not for its taste but for its tenderness.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 1:05 AM, koko wrote:

> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
> koko

Looks great! I think I'll try that with my next pork tenderloin.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 7:05:09 PM UTC-10, koko wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

Congrats on the dish!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 16:02:52 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
>>> with all the tasty crackling on it

>>I like both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Each has a
>>distinct purpose in my kitchen.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I think with the tenderloin, beef or pork, being so lean it doesn't
>cook up in such a yummy way without some fat. When I buy prime rib of
>beef I get the butcher to cut it with generous fat, without all the
>trimming they do for the showcase pieces, you don't have to eat it but
>it sure gives the meat a flavour. Yes I know I pay per ounce for the
>fat that isn't eaten but the meat that is has a more delicious
>flavour.
>
>==============
>
>True but I think that was the point of having it wrapped in bacon to cook
>it.

Definitely, that's why I thought koko's method looked more tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 13:35:08 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 9/9/2016 1:05 AM, koko wrote:
>>>
>>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>>
>>> koko
>>>

>> Looks great! I think I'll try that with my next pork tenderloin.

> Don't forget to marinate it teriyaki soy first.
>
> -sw

<thwap!>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:20 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>
>>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>> strips? Is this correct?

> She just explained what she did.
>
> -sw

She truly did explain it. Sounds so simple anyone who has an inkling
about cooking should be able to follow.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 11:47 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>>> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>>> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>>> strips? Is this correct?

>> She just explained what she did.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> She truly did explain it. Sounds so simple anyone who has an inkling
> about cooking should be able to follow.
>
> Jill

What I don't understand is how to get the fried bacon wrapped around the
pork without crumbling. And won't the bacon burn if cooked again after
placing on the pork? BWAHH HAH HAH HAH!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>>> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>>> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>>> strips? Is this correct?

>> She just explained what she did.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> She truly did explain it. Sounds so simple anyone who has an inkling
> about cooking should be able to follow.
>
> Jill

and for the hard-of-reading she posted a picture!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 1:15 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 9-Sep-2016, Taxed and Spent > wrote:
>
>> What I don't understand is how to get the fried bacon wrapped around the
>> pork without crumbling. And won't the bacon burn if cooked again after
>> placing on the pork? BWAHH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

> Every time I have bacon wrapped something, or seen someone else do it, it is
> done prior to cooking. Wrap raw bacon around the raw tenderloin; while it
> cooks, the bacon drippings baste the tenderloin, adding flavor and keeping
> it moist.

uh, yeah.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 20:15:29 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 9-Sep-2016, Taxed and Spent > wrote:
>
>> What I don't understand is how to get the fried bacon wrapped around the
>> pork without crumbling. And won't the bacon burn if cooked again after
>> placing on the pork? BWAHH HAH HAH HAH!!!!

>Every time I have bacon wrapped something, or seen someone else do it, it is
>done prior to cooking. Wrap raw bacon around the raw tenderloin; while it
>cooks, the bacon drippings baste the tenderloin, adding flavor and keeping
>it moist.

That's how I would do it. Aside from I'd prefer to do this with
chicken, or prosciutto with chicken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-09-09 12:48 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/9/2016 8:02 AM, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>>> I'll have to try that, sometimes pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking
>>> in flavour, the bacon would give it a boost.

>> Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>>
>> And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>> doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>> dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>> help.
>>

> Consider pork tenderloin a blank slate. It needs seasonings. I've used
> oil & vinegar with garlic and rosemary, delicious! Also coated in a
> sage-crumb crust (also with garlic) and roasted. I never thought to
> wrap it in bacon before but hey, why not?

It is a very versatile meat. My mother used to French it, bread it and
fry it. My wife usually likes to stuff it, lay bacon strips on top and
roast it. Whatever you do with it, it needs salt. All pork cuts tend to
need salt, and even more for tenderloin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-09-09 1:01 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> To me, pork tenderloin has a mild flavor reminiscent of veal. It
> needs only the least seasoning, and cook it no more than medium.
>
> That said, I often soak it in strongly flavored marinades, making use
> of it not for its taste but for its tenderness.

It is good as a sort of satay. Cut it into strips and marinade it in soy
sauce with some grated ginger and garlic. It sucks up the flavour
quickly so there is no need to marinate any longer than that. Skewer it
and cook it on the grill and serve with a nippy dipping sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 1:05 AM, koko wrote:

> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>
> koko

I like the idea of cutting it into chunks. I've done the whole
tenderloin and it was a PITA to wrap it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 22:57:29 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>
>> koko

>Looks great!
>
>Cheri

Thank you,

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 11:27:19 -0400, Dave Smith

wrote:

https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>>> Your food looks good, Koko. (not the famous gorilla)
>>>
>>> And to Lucretia... if pork tenderloin is somewhat lacking in flavor I
>>> doubt I'll ever bother spending the money on it. Bacon helps many
>>> dishes but I won't bother starting with a blah meat that actually needs
>>> help.

>> At least give it a try, lots of people love it. I prefer pork belly
>> with all the tasty crackling on it
>>

>During summer grilling season I tend to cook pork tenderloin with a with
>a Greek marinade. I use one part fresh lemon juice to two parts olive
>oil, lots of chopped garlic and some oregano. I butterfly the tenderloin
>and pound it out to an even thickness and then stick it in the marinade
>and let it do its work for a few hours. Heat of the BBQ and slap the
>hot grill and give it 2-3 minutes per side.

That sounds wonderful.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:20 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>
>>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>> strips? Is this correct?

> She just explained what she did.
>
> -sw

Yeah, but he missed the part where you boil it for 15 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:20 -0400, William > wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>
>>Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>
>>https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>
>>koko
>>
>>-

>This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>strips? Is this correct?
>
>William

First blanch the bacon for 3 minutes and lay it on a paper towel to
drain. The blanching renders some of the fat which helps the bacon
crisp up and keeps it from shriveling so it will wrap the tenderloin
better. The bacon "stock" is a great base for potato leek soup.

Cut the tenderloin into 5 ounce pieces, about 2 inches thick. Wrap the
pieces of tenderloin with bacon. Place the bacon wrapped tenderloin
bacon side down in a thick bottom skillet over medium heat, and cook
rotating the tenderloin along it's edge cooking to a golden brown all
the way around.
Place the tenderloin on a roasting rack in a 400*F oven and roast to
desired doneness.

Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 9/9/2016 1:05 AM, koko wrote:
>>
>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>
>> koko
>>

>Looks great! I think I'll try that with my next pork tenderloin.
>
>Jill

Thank you, it was wonderful

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 10:47:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 7:05:09 PM UTC-10, koko wrote:
>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>
>> koko
>>
>> --
>>
>> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
>> James Beard

>Congrats on the dish!

Thank you

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On 9/9/2016 2:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:20 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>
>>> Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>> wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>> was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>> Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>> tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC

>> This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>> myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>> bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>> strips? Is this correct?

> She just explained what she did.
>
> -sw

Yeah, but he missed the part where you boil it for 15 minutes.

===

;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2016 7:26 AM, Gary wrote:

> Many like shrimp wrapped in bacon. I've never had it but it sounds good.
> I do suspect it would only taste like bacon though.
>
> What sounds even better to me is shrimp butterflied and sautéed in
> rendered beef fat. YUM.

You'd be right. Cheaper to serve just bacon since shrimp have little
flavor. I don't buy shrimp any more and rarely eat them if available.
Many are farm raised in poor conditions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 17:51:17 -0700, koko > wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:50:20 -0400, William > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 22:05:07 -0700, koko > wrote:
>>
>>>Tonight's dinner was a pork tenderloin cut into 5 oz pieces and
>>>wrapped in bacon. The bacon side was seared in a hot pan then the pork
>>>was roasted in a 400*F oven.
>>>Turned out perfect, the inside was just past pink, still moist and
>>>tender. I'll be doing this again.
>>>
>>>https://flic.kr/p/LS6SQC
>>>
>>>koko
>>>
>>>-

>>This looks delicious Koko...help me understand how to make some for
>>myself. Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions, broil them, fry the
>>bacon strips...place tenderloin on a roll and top it with bacon
>>strips? Is this correct?
>>
>>William
>>

>First blanch the bacon for 3 minutes and lay it on a paper towel to
>drain. The blanching renders some of the fat which helps the bacon
>crisp up and keeps it from shriveling so it will wrap the tenderloin
>better. The bacon "stock" is a great base for potato leek soup.
>
>Cut the tenderloin into 5 ounce pieces, about 2 inches thick. Wrap the
>pieces of tenderloin with bacon. Place the bacon wrapped tenderloin
>bacon side down in a thick bottom skillet over medium heat, and cook
>rotating the tenderloin along it's edge cooking to a golden brown all
>the way around.
>Place the tenderloin on a roasting rack in a 400*F oven and roast to
>desired doneness.
>
>Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve.
>
>koko

Thank you Koko...now I know what to do

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary, real, unadulterated (no salt/water solution injected to tenderize it,
Hormel says) is a little more challenging to find, but well worth it. The
pure stuff has plenty of flavor without bacon. Even the pork in my supermarket's
case, unwrapped, is Hormel injected stuff. But we have one chain that doesn't
buy that Hormel stuff, and their meat is "real."

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Gary, real, unadulterated (no salt/water solution injected to tenderize it,
> Hormel says) is a little more challenging to find, but well worth it. The
> pure stuff has plenty of flavor without bacon. Even the pork in my supermarket's
> case, unwrapped, is Hormel injected stuff. But we have one chain that doesn't
> buy that Hormel stuff, and their meat is "real."

Some people here have mentioned that chicken breast has no taste. I
disagree. Cooked properly (JUST until done), it has a very distinct and
nice taste. Just a bit of salt for enhancement.