Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cheescake

Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lucretiaborgia wrote:

>Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
>who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
>either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
>lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
>like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA

LINDY'S NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:

Crust
1 large package Nabisco Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
1 large bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures

Filling
2 1/2 pounds Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 Tbs. flour
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
5 whole eggs + 2 yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 400F. Butter the bottom, and sides of a 9"
springform pan. Crumb the cookies, and press into bottom, and 1/3 up
the sides of pan. Place
1 layer of peanut butter cups on bottom of pan. ( remove paper cups )

In the bowl of a mixer, combine the cheese, sugar, flour, lemon ,
orange, and beat well. Add the eggs, and vanilla, and beat well. Add
the heavy cream,
and beat well.

Increase the oven to 550F. Pour the cheese mixture into the crust.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200F, and bake for 1
hour. Turn off the heat and keep the oven door open wide. Let the
cake cool in the oven for 30 minutes.

Serves 8 to10
---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
> who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
> either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
> lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
> like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA

I know that it isn't cheesecake, but it does have cream cheese frosting and
plenty of booze--Irish drunken cake (aka Irish car bomb cake). It's full
of Guinness and Irish whiskey, and more whiskey and Irish cream in the
frosting. Expensive to make if your liquor cabinet doesn't come stocked,
but oh so good for special occasions. I made it for dinner the first time
I cooked for DH, and well, the rest is history. :-)

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 11:20:14 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>lucretiaborgia wrote:
>
>>Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
>>who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
>>either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
>>lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
>>like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA

>LINDY'S NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE
>
>INGREDIENTS:
>
>Crust
>1 large package Nabisco Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
>1 large bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
>
>Filling
>2 1/2 pounds Philadelphia Cream Cheese
>1 1/3 cups sugar
>3 Tbs. flour
>1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
>1 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
>5 whole eggs + 2 yolks
>1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
>1/4 tsp. vanilla
>

>DIRECTIONS:
>
>Preheat the oven to 400F. Butter the bottom, and sides of a 9"
>springform pan. Crumb the cookies, and press into bottom, and 1/3 up
>the sides of pan. Place
>1 layer of peanut butter cups on bottom of pan. ( remove paper cups )
>
>In the bowl of a mixer, combine the cheese, sugar, flour, lemon ,
>orange, and beat well. Add the eggs, and vanilla, and beat well. Add
>the heavy cream,
>and beat well.
>
>Increase the oven to 550F. Pour the cheese mixture into the crust.
>Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200F, and bake for 1
>hour. Turn off the heat and keep the oven door open wide. Let the
>cake cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
>
>Serves 8 to10
>---

I've added that to my list but for this person, we want boozy
cheesecake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 10:42:27 -0500, jinx the minx

>> Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
>> who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
>> either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
>> lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
>> like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA
>>

>I know that it isn't cheesecake, but it does have cream cheese frosting and
>plenty of booze--Irish drunken cake (aka Irish car bomb cake). It's full
>of Guinness and Irish whiskey, and more whiskey and Irish cream in the
>frosting. Expensive to make if your liquor cabinet doesn't come stocked,
>but oh so good for special occasions. I made it for dinner the first time
>I cooked for DH, and well, the rest is history. :-)

Lol, I can imagine. I do have some Jamesons to hand but she really
loves cheesecake, so I feel I want to stick with that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.food.com/recipe/kahlua-cheesecake-15330

>Jill

Yes, the boozy ones tend to be smaller, I am wondering if I make the
regular 32 oz Philly recipe and ad lib the booze and put some more in
the topping whether that would be a safe thing to do. The people
there though would see the humorous side of it if it collapsed or
something and trust me, they'd eat it anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>>> Monday 22nd I have to prepare an extra special cheesecake for someone
>>> who has had an incredibly rough time. I would like the larger size,
>>> either 9x12 or a four packets of Philly cheese size. From preference,
>>> lots of booze in it I make so many of the darned things I would
>>> like to take one with a new (to us anyway) recipe. TIA
>>>

>> Kahlua maybe? You'd have to adjust the recipe for size:

http://www.food.com/recipe/kahlua-cheesecake-15330

>> Jill

> Yes, the boozy ones tend to be smaller, I am wondering if I make the
> regular 32 oz Philly recipe and ad lib the booze and put some more in
> the topping whether that would be a safe thing to do.

Safe? That's a question I couldn't answer.

> The people
> there though would see the humorous side of it if it collapsed or
> something and trust me, they'd eat it anyway.

Hey, I was trying to be helpful. Another boozy option might be creme
de menthe. If you like green cheesecake. Safe or even tasty? No clue.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Kahlua maybe? You'd have to adjust the recipe for size:

http://www.food.com/recipe/kahlua-cheesecake-15330

>>> Jill

>> Yes, the boozy ones tend to be smaller, I am wondering if I make the
>> regular 32 oz Philly recipe and ad lib the booze and put some more in
>> the topping whether that would be a safe thing to do.

>Safe? That's a question I couldn't answer.
>
>> The people
>> there though would see the humorous side of it if it collapsed or
>> something and trust me, they'd eat it anyway.
>>

>Hey, I was trying to be helpful. Another boozy option might be creme
>de menthe. If you like green cheesecake. Safe or even tasty? No clue.
>
>Jill

I don't think we're on the same page - I don't think any of us have
consumed creme de menthe since childhood lol

made a low carb cheescake..yum! krom Diabetic 0 05-06-2008 12:20 PM
Strawberry Cheescake Squares Shelley Talir Recipes (moderated) 0 07-05-2008 02:31 AM
American cheescake Emimec Baking 4 01-04-2008 01:19 AM
Strawberry Cheescake Question marionc General Cooking 0 10-03-2005 11:30 AM
Bourbon, Chocolate And Burnt Almond 'Ice Cream' Cheescake Hahabogus Diabetic 1 14-10-2004 04:20 PM