Hahabogus

Default Bourbon, Chocolate And Burnt Almond 'Ice Cream' Cheescake

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bourbon, Chocolate And Burnt Almond 'Ice Cream' Cheescake 1

Recipe By :Karen Barnaby
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheesecake Desserts

1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon Splenda
1 teaspoon white Sugar Twin
1/8 teaspoon liquid sweetener
1/4 cup whole almonds
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon brown Sugar Twin
1 pinch salt
1/2 pound quark
1/2 pound cream cheese
2 tablespoons Splenda
2 tablespoons white Sugar Twin
3/4 teaspoon liquid sweetener
3 tablespoons bourbon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs -- separated
1 cup whipping cream

Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Place in the freezer.

Chop the chocolate and place in a small heatproof bowl. Place over a pot
of simmering water and let the chocolate melt. Remove from the pot of
water and let cool to room temperature. Cut the 2 tablespoons butter into
small bits and stir into the chocolate until it melts. Stir in the
sweeteners.

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the almonds out on a baking tray
and bake until well browned, almost to the point of being burnt, about 15
minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Chop coarsely.

In a small frying pan, melt the 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and
continue melting until it turns a rich and nutty smelling brown. Add the
nuts, brown Sugar Twin and a pinch of salt. Stir into the chocolate.
Spread out into the frozen pan. Place back in the freezer until hardened.
Break into small pieces. Return in the pan to the freezer.

Beat the quark, cream cheese, Splenda and Sugar Twin, liquid sweetener, and
vanilla together until smooth and light. Beat in the egg yolks and
bourbon. Stir in the chocolate almond bits. Beat the cream until stiff
and fold into the cheese mixture. Beat the egg whites to firm peaks and
fold into the cheese mixture. Spread evenly into the frozen pan. Freeze
for at least 6 hours or overnight.

This recipe yields 12 servings.

Total Carbohydrates: 53.89 grams
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 42.60 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving: 4.49 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber: 3.55 grams

Comments: This cheesecake was inspired by the fondness of a toasted nut
crust on another cheesecake and by wanting something, small, freeze-able
and cheesecake-like. It's not small, but can be cut small and stored in
the freezer for a long time. The alcohol prevents it from freezing rock
hard.

Quark is a light tangy cheese, similar to cream cheese. Grocery stores
carry it in the dairy section in tubs.

If the flavor seems daunting, it can be made plain or you can experiment
with other flavors, such as lemon, lime or orange zest and different
alcohol or perk it up with a few fresh, berries, folded in to the cheese
mixture.

Source:
"Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarb.ca"
S(Formatted for MC6):
"05-29-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 226 Calories; 22g Fat (87.1%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 102mg
Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Sherry

Ah, Quark! I haven't heard of Quark in years!!! I suppose it's only
available in health food stores.....

Sherry

Hahabogus > wrote in
:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Bourbon, Chocolate And Burnt Almond 'Ice Cream' Cheescake 1
>
> Recipe By :Karen Barnaby
> Categories : Cheesecake Desserts

> 1/2 pound quark

REC: Banana Cream Pie with Bourbon Caramel Sauce [email protected] General Cooking 16 02-07-2013 02:20 AM
Almond Cream mithunchowdhury Recipes 0 08-01-2012 05:30 PM
Almond Ice Cream: [email protected] General Cooking 3 26-07-2007 12:34 AM
Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Raisin Chocolate Pie Travis & Jenn[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-05-2007 01:13 PM
Almond Ice Cream MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 29-05-2006 01:22 PM