Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is this Australian? "Bloomin Onion"

Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?

You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
Google for a recipe.

There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
its blossom shape.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
>Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
>eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>
>You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
>Google for a recipe.
>
>There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
>its blossom shape.

Wikipedia says it is American in origin, this is the first I've heard
of them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
> Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
> eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>
> You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
> Google for a recipe.
>
> There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
> its blossom shape.

Yes, I knew how many calories they are - but really, they are usually
shared. Two for lunch, 4 or more for an appetizer. Haven't done it
in decades. Frankly, I didn't know anyone who eats like that anymore.
Maybe the young, healthy and active can get away with it - but I'm not
young anymore, and I'm definitely not as active as I was 35 years ago.
At least I can put a + in the healthy column (knock on wood).

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 14:28:53 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

> Wikipedia says it is American in origin, this is the first I've heard
> of them.

An American chain restaurant called "Outback" popularized Bloomin'
Onions. My husband and I used to share one at the Renaissance Faire
back in the day, but I don't know where it originated.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>

>>Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
>>Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
>>eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>>
>>You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the
>>like...just
>>Google for a recipe.
>>
>>There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion
>>into
>>its blossom shape.

> Wikipedia says it is American in origin, this is the first I've heard
> of them.

They are nasty. I could swear that I got one at Chili's some years back. I
know that we ate at a Chili's once. Can't remember what state it was in.
Might have had another name to it but was an onion cut up like a flower,
battered and deep fried. Very, very greasy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 1:21:35 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> My husband and I used to share one at the Renaissance Faire
> back in the day, but I don't know where it originated.

I'm somewhat local to the Bloomsburg, PA fairgrounds where I believe it originated. The batter is their Funnel Cake batter.
(I'm bored and had to type something)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/3/2016 1:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 1:21:35 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:

>> My husband and I used to share one at the Renaissance Faire
>> back in the day, but I don't know where it originated.

> I'm somewhat local to the Bloomsburg, PA fairgrounds where I
> believe it originated. The batter is their Funnel Cake batter.
> (I'm bored and had to type something)

It does rather seem like one of those over the top foods you
find at fairs. Blooming onion at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds
seems like a double play on words, though wiki says it's
invented in Springfield, NJ. Who knows.

I had my second funnel cake last week at our county fair.
This time I get why they're popular, much better than the
first heavy doughy one I had.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-08-03 2:35 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

> It does rather seem like one of those over the top foods you
> find at fairs. Blooming onion at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds
> seems like a double play on words, though wiki says it's
> invented in Springfield, NJ. Who knows.
>
> I had my second funnel cake last week at our county fair.
> This time I get why they're popular, much better than the
> first heavy doughy one I had.

I never gave it a second try. My wife got one and gave me some. Maybe
it was not a good one. Maybe it was that I was predisposed to dislike
something made of deep fried batter but with nothing in it but a lot of
empty calories and fat. I was at a local festival a couple years ago
and saw a concession stand selling them. If the product itself doesn't
turn you off the customers in line waiting for those things would do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

....but, but, but, Dave! Empty calories? Surely the onion has some good calories
and redeeming qualities....? LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 22:55:08 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
>>>Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
>>>eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>>>
>>>You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the
>>>like...just
>>>Google for a recipe.
>>>
>>>There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion
>>>into
>>>its blossom shape.

>> Wikipedia says it is American in origin, this is the first I've heard
>> of them.

>They are nasty. I could swear that I got one at Chili's some years back. I
>know that we ate at a Chili's once. Can't remember what state it was in.
>Might have had another name to it but was an onion cut up like a flower,
>battered and deep fried. Very, very greasy.

I'm not exactly curious enough to try one myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/3/2016 3:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-08-03 2:35 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> I had my second funnel cake last week at our county fair.
>> This time I get why they're popular, much better than the
>> first heavy doughy one I had.
>>

> I never gave it a second try. My wife got one and gave me some. Maybe
> it was not a good one. Maybe it was that I was predisposed to dislike
> something made of deep fried batter but with nothing in it but a lot of
> empty calories and fat.

I enjoy fair food but it's once in a while. Probably any kind of fair
I go to, I get some form of fried dough, be it zeppole or loukoumades,
whatever.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
>Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
>eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>
>You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
>Google for a recipe.
>
>There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
>its blossom shape.

I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 1:21:35 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>> My husband and I used to share one at the Renaissance Faire
>> back in the day, but I don't know where it originated.
>>

> I'm somewhat local to the Bloomsburg, PA fairgrounds where I believe it
> originated. The batter is their Funnel Cake batter.
> (I'm bored and had to type something)

I once ate a funnel cake at the Bloomsburg fair. Or I should say a bite of
one. I did not like it one bit. Sickly sweet and greasy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-08-03 2:35 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> It does rather seem like one of those over the top foods you
>> find at fairs. Blooming onion at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds
>> seems like a double play on words, though wiki says it's
>> invented in Springfield, NJ. Who knows.
>>
>> I had my second funnel cake last week at our county fair.
>> This time I get why they're popular, much better than the
>> first heavy doughy one I had.
>>

> I never gave it a second try. My wife got one and gave me some. Maybe it
> was not a good one. Maybe it was that I was predisposed to dislike
> something made of deep fried batter but with nothing in it but a lot of
> empty calories and fat. I was at a local festival a couple years ago and
> saw a concession stand selling them. If the product itself doesn't turn
> you off the customers in line waiting for those things would do it.

I didn't like it either however, the people I went with assured me that was
what it was supposed to taste like and were all too eager to finish mine
off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
news
> On 8/3/2016 3:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-08-03 2:35 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I had my second funnel cake last week at our county fair.
>>> This time I get why they're popular, much better than the
>>> first heavy doughy one I had.
>>>

>> I never gave it a second try. My wife got one and gave me some. Maybe
>> it was not a good one. Maybe it was that I was predisposed to dislike
>> something made of deep fried batter but with nothing in it but a lot of
>> empty calories and fat.

> I enjoy fair food but it's once in a while. Probably any kind of fair
> I go to, I get some form of fried dough, be it zeppole or loukoumades,
> whatever.

The only fair food I like is raw apples when I can get them, or popcorn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 22:55:08 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> They are nasty. I could swear that I got one at Chili's some years back.
>> know that we ate at a Chili's once. Can't remember what state it was in.

> No doubt it was in a state of angst.

Not you too! I have never suffered from angst.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:21:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 8/3/2016 3:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I enjoy fair food but it's once in a while. Probably any kind of fair
>> I go to, I get some form of fried dough, be it zeppole or loukoumades,
>> whatever.

>The only fair food I like is raw apples when I can get them, or popcorn.

You must have strong teeth to eat raw popcorn.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:05:10 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>

> >Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
> >Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
> >eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
> >
> >You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like....just
> >Google for a recipe.
> >
> >There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
> >its blossom shape.
> >

> I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.

I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.

For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.

Ingredients
Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion, Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.

My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:21:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>news
>>> On 8/3/2016 3:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I enjoy fair food but it's once in a while. Probably any kind of fair
>>> I go to, I get some form of fried dough, be it zeppole or loukoumades,
>>> whatever.

>>The only fair food I like is raw apples when I can get them, or popcorn.

> You must have strong teeth to eat raw popcorn.

You have to suck on it for a while to soften it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 00:43:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:21:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>The only fair food I like is raw apples when I can get them, or popcorn.

>> You must have strong teeth to eat raw popcorn.

>You have to suck on it for a while to soften it.

Oh man... I'll just leave that one alone.
Where's Sheldon?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1, even if that noodle bowl kills you, you will be well preserved for
all eternity. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:37:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:05:10 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
>> >Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
>> >eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
>> >
>> >You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
>> >Google for a recipe.
>> >
>> >There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
>> >its blossom shape.
>> >

>> I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.

>I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.
>
>For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.
>
>Ingredients
>Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion, Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.
>
>My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

That's nearly as bad as the list of ingredients on most commercial
icecream
Posted to rec.food.cooking

No attributations....easy enough to figure it out who said what...

> >> Nope. I always find a good spot.

> > You haven't been paying attention and now you're not sure if you'll
> > reach the service station before you run out of fuel. Fuel angst.

> Nope. I normally fuel at Costco. Got Fred Meyer gas this last time. Had a
> lot of fuel points! I try not to go less than half full. The military
> trained us like that.

OK Julie....how about this scenario. A worldwide bean blight. Killing
off beans of all kinds.

Would that warrant a bit of Bean angst?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> In article >, says...
> >
> > "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > T...
> > > In article >,
says...

says...

> > > You haven't been paying attention and now you're not sure if you'll
> > > reach the service station before you run out of fuel. Fuel angst.

> > Nope. I normally fuel at Costco. Got Fred Meyer gas this last time. Had a
> > lot of fuel points! I try not to go less than half full. The military
> > trained us like that.

> Wondering whether there's too much sodium in the food you give your cat.
> Pet angst.

Her cats still suffer from raccoon angst.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:37:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:05:10 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

> >> I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.

> >I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.
> >
> >For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.
> >
> >Ingredients
> >Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion, Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.
> >
> >My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

> That's nearly as bad as the list of ingredients on most commercial
> icecream

And this is why it's best to buy what you like and ignore the ingredient
list.

People can cut their taste buds short and eat crappy food all they want.
We all still die. Eat what you want within reason and enjoy life.
Eating lousy unappealing food really doesn't make you live longer, it
just feels like it.

Funny I heard the other day:
Q - why is it that men usually die sooner than their wifes
A - because they want to

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 2:43:21 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:21:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >>The only fair food I like is raw apples when I can get them, or popcorn..

> > You must have strong teeth to eat raw popcorn.

> You have to suck on it for a while to soften it.

That's what she said!! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:05:10 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > > wrote:
> >

> > >Did y'all know there are something like 2,500 calories in one Bloomin'
> > >Onion? LOL. Of course they taste good! But I don't think one person
> > >eats the whole thing by themselves, do they?
> > >
> > >You can probably find a batter recipe at "copycat recipes," or the like...just
> > >Google for a recipe.
> > >
> > >There is even a cutting gadget for sale that you can use to cut the onion into
> > >its blossom shape.
> > >

> > I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.

> I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.
>
> For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.
>
> Ingredients
> Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion,

Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.

> My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

You don't know if they won't kill you. Half the world has diabetes,
because of the crap they eat. And orang-utans are nearly extinct due to
palm oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

wrote:

> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:37:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> > wrote:

> > >I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.
> > >
> > >For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.
> > >
> > >Ingredients
> > >Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion,

Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.

> > >My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

> > That's nearly as bad as the list of ingredients on most commercial
> > icecream

> And this is why it's best to buy what you like and ignore the ingredient
> list.

Huh?

> People can cut their taste buds short and eat crappy food all they want.
> We all still die. Eat what you want within reason and enjoy life.
> Eating lousy unappealing food really doesn't make you live longer, it
> just feels like it.

Food without a long list of added chemicals is lousy unappealing food? I
think you've got things backwards there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2016 2:45 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> dsi1, even if that noodle bowl kills you, you will be well preserved for
> all eternity. ;-))
>
> N.

Always look on the sunny side of life!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 11:16:08 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>On 8/4/2016 2:45 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> dsi1, even if that noodle bowl kills you, you will be well preserved for
>> all eternity. ;-))

>Always look on the sunny side of life!

If you were a Jew in WW2 Germany, I'll bet you would have clapped,
smiled and cheered the Nazis on as they led you to the chamber.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2016 2:54 AM, wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:37:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:05:10 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>>> On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

>>> I like them once in awhile. Same thing as fresh onion rings to me.

>> I have had those novelty dishes a couple of times. These days the idea of eating one of those greasy things makes me feel ill. OTOH, I'd probably eat some if it was in front of me. Heck, I'd probably eat practically anything at the moment. I feel the urge for pancakes and onion rings.
>>
>> For lunch I had a Nongshim Bowl Noodle. It was pretty good - and cheap, but now I'm as hungry as a bear. Here's what was in it. At least, that's what they claim.
>>
>> Ingredients
>> Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Corn Flour, and less than 2% of the following: Beef Bone Stock, Beef Concentrate, Beef Tallow, Beta Carotene Color, Casein, Citric Acid, Corn Syrup, Cottonseed Oil, Dextrin, Dextrose, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate, DL-Methionine, Eggs, Garlic, Ginger, Glucose, Green Onions, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, Maltodextrin, Mono And Diglycerides, Monosodium Glutamate, Mushrooms, Natural Flavorings, Onion, Paprika Color, Pollock, Potassium Carbonate, Riboflavin Color, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Phosphates, Sorbitol, Soybean, Soy Protein, Spices, Succinic Acid, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, TBHQ, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Tocopherol, Wheat Starch, Yeast Extract.
>>
>> My guess is that it probably won't kill me. I only list it here to alarm some jumpy folks.

> That's nearly as bad as the list of ingredients on most commercial
> icecream

I'm preparing my body for even more dangerous feats of eating. My aim is
to be the David Blane of rfc. Stay tuned!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 11:16:08 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
>
> >On 8/4/2016 2:45 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> >> dsi1, even if that noodle bowl kills you, you will be well preserved for
> >> all eternity. ;-))

> >Always look on the sunny side of life!

> If you were a Jew in WW2 Germany, I'll bet you would have clapped,
> smiled and cheered the Nazis on as they led you to the chamber.

And I know what he'd day: "I guess I'm lucky! Lots of poor people don't
even have gas!"