Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Speaking of ice cream..... cones

I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
$1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I prefer sugar cones too, but they don't cost extra here. Plain cones taste like styrofoam.

Denise in NH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
> me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
> think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
> sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
> used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
> than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.

I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
expensive, and worth every penny.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2016 6:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
> than 4 cents per cone difference.

IIRC, when we were kids it was 2 cents more for a sugar cone. With
inflation after 60+ years it is still not that much. Try taking your
own cone and ask for a rebate on the plain cone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
>me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
>think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
>sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
>used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>$1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
>them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.

My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
only doing it twice a year.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-30 8:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/30/2016 6:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>> than 4 cents per cone difference.

> IIRC, when we were kids it was 2 cents more for a sugar cone. With
> inflation after 60+ years it is still not that much. Try taking your
> own cone and ask for a rebate on the plain cone.

I pretty sure they would find a reason not to foll a cone I bring from
home. I just figure that if the cones I can get at the grocery store
are $1.50 per box of 12 that is 12.5 cents per cone. The sugar cones
are 17 cents each..... cents more, not 75 cents more. It's not enough
that they charge as much for two scoops as it costs for a quart of the
stuff, but they really shaft you on the cost of a cone that will make it
so much better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-30 10:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith

them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.

> My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
> once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
> factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
> care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
> only doing it twice a year.

I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-06-30 8:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/30/2016 6:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>>> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>>> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>>> than 4 cents per cone difference.

>> IIRC, when we were kids it was 2 cents more for a sugar cone. With
>> inflation after 60+ years it is still not that much. Try taking your
>> own cone and ask for a rebate on the plain cone.
>>

> I pretty sure they would find a reason not to foll a cone I bring from
> home. I just figure that if the cones I can get at the grocery store are
> $1.50 per box of 12 that is 12.5 cents per cone. The sugar cones are 17
> cents each..... cents more, not 75 cents more. It's not enough that they
> charge as much for two scoops as it costs for a quart of the stuff, but
> they really shaft you on the cost of a cone that will make it so much
> better.

I buy cones once in a while on sale. I do like the cones. Don't like the ice
cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
>> me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
>> think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
>> sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
>> used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>> than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra
>> calories.

> I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
> noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
> I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
> expensive, and worth every penny.

This is my favourite ... at them moment anyway)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...HURxCZYQsAQILQ

Madness really because I have a big electric ice cream maker which I only
use when the grands are here)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ok, here's another question for you all. How much is an ice cream cone (with ice cream, not just the cone) in your area. A kiddie cone, one decent sized scoop of ice cream, is over $4 here. A large is around $6. A frappe is $5 to $7. I don't know how a family can even afford to take a bunch of kids out for a treat anymore.

Ya, ya, I obviously know that they could stay in and have cheaper ice cream at home, but that's not the point of this question. What's the cost of a real ice cream cone in your area, not soft serve ice cream. I remember when a small was 10 cents and a large was a quarter, of course Ike was the president then.

Denise in NH

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 09:10:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
> > noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
> > I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
> > expensive, and worth every penny.
> >

> This is my favourite ... at them moment anyway)
>

> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...HURxCZYQsAQILQ
>
> Madness really because I have a big electric ice cream maker which I only
> use when the grands are here)

When you don't eat much ice cream, it's well worth it to get that
scoop or bar when the mood hits instead of expending time and effort
on something that will sit in the freezer for months. I have an
excellent chocolate gelato recipe and I could have made a quart of it
for what that scoop cost me - but it would have taken preplanning,
time and effort to make and then it would have sat in the freezer
forever waiting for me to eat the rest of it. However, it would have
been singing a siren's song to hubby who *loves* ice cream and could
polish it off quickly. Unfortunately he shouldn't be eating it, so I
took the high road and chose not to tempt him.

<adjusting halo>

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 09:10:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
>> > noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
>> > I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
>> > expensive, and worth every penny.
>> >

>> This is my favourite ... at them moment anyway)
>>

>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...HURxCZYQsAQILQ
>>
>> Madness really because I have a big electric ice cream maker which I only
>> use when the grands are here)

> When you don't eat much ice cream, it's well worth it to get that
> scoop or bar when the mood hits instead of expending time and effort
> on something that will sit in the freezer for months. I have an
> excellent chocolate gelato recipe and I could have made a quart of it
> for what that scoop cost me - but it would have taken preplanning,
> time and effort to make and then it would have sat in the freezer
> forever waiting for me to eat the rest of it. However, it would have
> been singing a siren's song to hubby who *loves* ice cream and could
> polish it off quickly. Unfortunately he shouldn't be eating it, so I
> took the high road and chose not to tempt him.
>
> <adjusting halo>

Nodnodnod you are a good wumman!!
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-01 11:13 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 09:10:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
>>> noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
>>> I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
>>> expensive, and worth every penny.
>>>

>> This is my favourite ... at them moment anyway)
>>

>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...HURxCZYQsAQILQ
>>
>> Madness really because I have a big electric ice cream maker which I only
>> use when the grands are here)

> When you don't eat much ice cream, it's well worth it to get that
> scoop or bar when the mood hits instead of expending time and effort
> on something that will sit in the freezer for months. I have an
> excellent chocolate gelato recipe and I could have made a quart of it
> for what that scoop cost me - but it would have taken preplanning,
> time and effort to make and then it would have sat in the freezer
> forever waiting for me to eat the rest of it. However, it would have
> been singing a siren's song to hubby who *loves* ice cream and could
> polish it off quickly. Unfortunately he shouldn't be eating it, so I
> took the high road and chose not to tempt him.

I made my own ice cream for years but stopped after my coronary
incident. It's not like I ate a lot of it. I used to find one scoop to
be very satisfying.

> <adjusting halo>

In your case you should nail it down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:35:28 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>> I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
>> me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
>> think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
>> sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
>> used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>> than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.

>I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
>noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
>I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
>expensive, and worth every penny.

I really don't care much for ice cream but I absolutely love
Drumsticks. Or, when you used to go to the Fair and they would cut a
square of ice cream, dip it in warm chocolate sauce and then roll it
in chopped salted peanuts and cookie crumbs. I just got low-brow
tastes
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-01 12:15 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:35:28 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I like ice cream cones and often have them at home. It is very rare for
>>> me to buy one at a dairy bar. I did get one about two months ago, and I
>>> think the last one before that was about three years ago. I prefer the
>>> sugar cones over the regular, pale, flavourless cones that are commonly
>>> used. The places around here charge and extra 75 cents to get your ice
>>> cream in a sugar cone. Holy crap. A package of regular cones is about a
>>> $1.50 and the sugar cones are $2.00. That works out to a little more
>>> than 4 cents per cone difference. Beats me why they expect me to pay
>>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.

>> I don't eat much ice cream - a couple times a year at the most, but I
>> noticed a new gelato + French Macaron shop in the local enclosed mall.
>> I stopped and got a single scoop of dark chocolate... it was
>> expensive, and worth every penny.

> I really don't care much for ice cream but I absolutely love
> Drumsticks. Or, when you used to go to the Fair and they would cut a
> square of ice cream, dip it in warm chocolate sauce and then roll it
> in chopped salted peanuts and cookie crumbs. I just got low-brow
> tastes

Perfect dessert to have after a corn dog ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
Ok, here's another question for you all. How much is an ice cream cone
(with ice cream, not just the cone) in your area. A kiddie cone, one decent
sized scoop of ice cream, is over $4 here. A large is around $6. A frappe
is $5 to $7. I don't know how a family can even afford to take a bunch of
kids out for a treat anymore.

Ya, ya, I obviously know that they could stay in and have cheaper ice cream
at home, but that's not the point of this question. What's the cost of a
real ice cream cone in your area, not soft serve ice cream. I remember
when a small was 10 cents and a large was a quarter, of course Ike was the
president then.

Denise in NH

---

No clue. We never buy ice cream like that. We did go to Menchis one for
frozen yogurt and it was around $10 for a cup of it. They charge you by
weight and expect a tip as well, even though you are serving yourself. Never
again!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-06-30 10:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith

> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.
> >
> > My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
> > once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
> > factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
> > care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
> > only doing it twice a year.

> I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
> pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
> sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
> so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double caramel ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate again....oh my.
They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a small serving and for me that's better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 15:23:47 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-06-30 10:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra calories.
>> >
>> > My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
>> > once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
>> > factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
>> > care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
>> > only doing it twice a year.

>> I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
>> pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
>> sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
>> so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

>Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double caramel ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate again....oh my.
>They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a small serving and for me that's better.

the one with the berry flavor inside is a yawn for me
the caramel one is thumbs up
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:04:29 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> No clue. We never buy ice cream like that. We did go to Menchis one for
>> frozen yogurt and it was around $10 for a cup of it. They charge you by
>> weight and expect a tip as well, even though you are serving yourself.
>> Never
>> again!

> Menchies charges $.54/ounce. Maybe you should be getting 1.25 pounds
> of yogurt with junk on top if you don't want to pay $10.
>
> Stick to Baskin and Robbins where a single scoop cone is $2.79.
>
> [wait for it...]
>
> -sw

I didn't eat it. The person I took there wanted to try the sugar free frozen
yogurt. We didn't have a Baskin and Robbins here for a while. We did have
one but then for some reason it changed to some other place. I see now that
it is once again Baskin and Robbins. But apparently it is not a popular
place. I never see anyone in there. Coldstone OTOH is always packed. That's
where we got my birthday treats. They were well liked. And no, I didn't eat
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-06-30 10:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra
>> calories.
>> >
>> > My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
>> > once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
>> > factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
>> > care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
>> > only doing it twice a year.

>> I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
>> pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
>> sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
>> so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

> Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double caramel
> ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate again....oh
> my.
> They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a
> small serving and for me that's better.

I got a ton of them for free when they first came out. Thankfully they were
free as nobody would eat them. Nobody in this house likes stuff like that.
Plain ice cream only.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 19:03:17 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Menchies charges $.54/ounce. Maybe you should be getting 1.25 pounds
>>> of yogurt with junk on top if you don't want to pay $10.
>>>
>>> Stick to Baskin and Robbins where a single scoop cone is $2.79.
>>>
>>> [wait for it...]

>> I didn't eat it. The person I took there wanted to try the sugar free
>> frozen
>> yogurt. We didn't have a Baskin and Robbins here for a while. We did have
>> one but then for some reason it changed to some other place. I see now
>> that
>> it is once again Baskin and Robbins. But apparently it is not a popular
>> place. I never see anyone in there. Coldstone OTOH is always packed.
>> That's
>> where we got my birthday treats. They were well liked. And no, I didn't
>> eat
>> them.

> $8.75 a pint for frozen skim milk, corn syrup, and whey is
> ridiculously expensive. A 1 cup serving with one topping can cost
> $5-$6. That *is* a total ripoff. People are idiots. I'd much rather
> have a whole Costco Chicken for $5. And if you want M&M's on that
> chicken you can also pick them up for a mere $.16/oz while you're
> there.

The yogurt didn't even get eaten beyond the first bite. This is the second
frozen yogurt place that we've tried. The other was just as expensive and
apparently just as not good.

We don't normally go to places like that at all. But Menchis was new and
everyone was raving about it. Why? No clue.

I know a lot of people who love those insanely expensive candy places. You
know... The ones where they have the same crap that you can get everywhere
else for a lot less money but they allow you to make a mix of whatever
pieces you want.

I bought a candy dispenser. Sits in my kitchen. I did have Swedish Fish in
it but I discovered that beyond the first dispensing, they don't work. They
compact down and get stuck. So now it has pastel M & M's purchased for cheap
on clearance, Good N' Plenty from Sam's and Skittles that were purchased on
clearance but I can't remember where from. Dispenser would also work for
chocolate chips, sprinkles, Nerds or anything small.

The novelty of that quickly wore off as well. Not much candy is getting
eaten. But that's okay. It looks spiffy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-7, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-06-30 10:40 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:52:44 -0400, Dave Smith

>> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra
>> calories.
>> >
>> > My husband makes our ice cream, and I don't usually eat it, but every
>> > once in a while I get the urge for a cone from the local cheese
>> > factory and we'll make the 10 minute drive there to get one. I don't
>> > care if I have to pay an extra 50 or 75 cents for a sugar cone if I'm
>> > only doing it twice a year.

>> I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
>> pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
>> sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
>> so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

> Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double caramel
> ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate again....oh
> my.
> They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a
> small serving and for me that's better.

Well now, I posted that they are my favourites and even posted pictures of
them, in this thread.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/2/2016 1:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> $8.75 a pint for frozen skim milk, corn syrup, and whey is
> ridiculously expensive. A 1 cup serving with one topping can cost
> $5-$6. That *is* a total ripoff. People are idiots.

We had two frozen yogurt places in town. Neither made it past the first
summer. We went once and that was enough. There is the novelty of
choosing the flavors and toppings but the novelty of it is quickly
diminished by the high cost.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 1:53:28 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:
> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> >> them 75 cents, so I guess that is a good reason to avoid the extra
> >> calories.

> >> I have a hard time paying that 75 cents because it is a rip off. As I
> >> pointed out in another post it costs only 5 cents per cone more to buy
> >> sugar cones in a grocery store. The dairy bars are buying them wholesale
> >> so they are likely a lot less than that. I don't like getting gouged.

> > Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double caramel
> > ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate again....oh
> > my.
> > They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a
> > small serving and for me that's better.
> >

> Well now, I posted that they are my favourites and even posted pictures of
> them, in this thread.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Yes, you did, I just now saw that, I thought it was a picture of your ice cream maker!!
My bad. ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 1:53:28 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Anyone tried the Magnum Ice Cream Bars? Yum. Try the double
>> > caramel
>> > ones,dipped in chocolate, then caramel and then in chocolate
>> > again....oh
>> > my.
>> > They are in your grocers freezer. I like the mini ones, they are a
>> > small serving and for me that's better.
>> >

>> Well now, I posted that they are my favourites and even posted pictures
>> of
>> them, in this thread.
>>

> Yes, you did, I just now saw that, I thought it was a picture of your ice
> cream maker!!
> My bad. ;-)

Heck no problem It seems that we both have really good taste ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-02 10:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/2/2016 1:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> $8.75 a pint for frozen skim milk, corn syrup, and whey is
>> ridiculously expensive. A 1 cup serving with one topping can cost
>> $5-$6. That *is* a total ripoff. People are idiots.

> We had two frozen yogurt places in town. Neither made it past the first
> summer. We went once and that was enough. There is the novelty of
> choosing the flavors and toppings but the novelty of it is quickly
> diminished by the high cost.

There is a gelato place in our town and their prices are outrageous. I
don't know how they manage to stay in business because I rarely see any
customers. I won't go near it. My wife once brought me some watermelon
gelato from there because she knows how much I like watermelon sherbet
but can never find it. One scoop..... $4.75. No thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 13:37:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2016-07-02 10:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 7/2/2016 1:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> $8.75 a pint for frozen skim milk, corn syrup, and whey is
>>> ridiculously expensive. A 1 cup serving with one topping can cost
>>> $5-$6. That *is* a total ripoff. People are idiots.

>> We had two frozen yogurt places in town. Neither made it past the first
>> summer. We went once and that was enough. There is the novelty of
>> choosing the flavors and toppings but the novelty of it is quickly
>> diminished by the high cost.

>There is a gelato place in our town and their prices are outrageous. I
>don't know how they manage to stay in business because I rarely see any
>customers. I won't go near it. My wife once brought me some watermelon
>gelato from there because she knows how much I like watermelon sherbet
>but can never find it. One scoop..... $4.75. No thanks.

We stopped for ice cream at the cheese factory on our way home from
town today. Talking about it here gave me a craving. A large cone -
two large scoops, different flavours - $4.00.

The ice cream comes from Kawartha Dairy, there's about 30 flavours to
choose from, and it's really good ice cream - no added garbage.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

>The yogurt didn't even get eaten beyond the first bite. This is the second
>frozen yogurt place that we've tried. The other was just as expensive and
>apparently just as not good.

Normal brained folks place a container of their favorite brand yogurt
in their freezer... use a throw away plastic spoon and there's nothing
to wash. Buy a pint of plain yogurt, stir in flavoring and freeze it
in an ice cube tray, then eat how many cubes you like. Stir in
whatever ice cream topping... I like to add some Coco Lopez, crushed
pineapple, and some rum. Another one I like is to stir in some
Medaglia D'oro Espresso instant crystals and swirl in some chocolate
fudge topping. It's silly to spend big bucks on frozen yogurt from an
ice cream parlor, they even use the poorest quality yogurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-02 4:10 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> The yogurt didn't even get eaten beyond the first bite. This is the second
>> frozen yogurt place that we've tried. The other was just as expensive and
>> apparently just as not good.

> Normal brained folks place a container of their favorite brand yogurt
> in their freezer... use a throw away plastic spoon and there's nothing
> to wash. Buy a pint of plain yogurt, stir in flavoring and freeze it
> in an ice cube tray, then eat how many cubes you like. Stir in
> whatever ice cream topping... I like to add some Coco Lopez, crushed
> pineapple, and some rum. Another one I like is to stir in some
> Medaglia D'oro Espresso instant crystals and swirl in some chocolate
> fudge topping. It's silly to spend big bucks on frozen yogurt from an
> ice cream parlor, they even use the poorest quality yogurt.

I guess you missed something there Sheldon. There is something wrong
with the Bove food. Information gleaned here is that there seems to be
nothing that all three of them like, and there are a hell of a lot of
things that she does not like. Her evaluation of any given food has
little to do with the actual taste or quality, but is more often than
not a reflection of their quirky likes and dislikes.