Jean marie

Default Sugar Cones

I'm looking for a recipe for good old fashion ice cream "sugar cones".
I would like to make them from scratch.

I make home-made ice cream for the family and would also like to make
sugar cones for them as well. I can't find the recipe anywhere. Does
anyone have a good recipe for Sugar Cones?

Ruth
Vox Humana

"Jean marie" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm looking for a recipe for good old fashion ice cream "sugar cones".
> I would like to make them from scratch.
>
> I make home-made ice cream for the family and would also like to make
> sugar cones for them as well. I can't find the recipe anywhere. Does
> anyone have a good recipe for Sugar Cones?

Are you making a distinction between sugar cones and waffle cones?

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Jean marie wrote:

>I'm looking for a recipe for good old fashion ice cream "sugar cones".
>I would like to make them from scratch.
>
>I make home-made ice cream for the family and would also like to make
>sugar cones for them as well. I can't find the recipe anywhere. Does=20
>anyone have a good recipe for Sugar Cones?
>
>Ruth
> =20

Any Krumkake or Pizelle Recipe will do, Ruth.

But you need a Pizelle or Krumkake Iron.

They usually come with a cone so you can roll the Waffles.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Jean marie

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message >...
> "Jean marie" > wrote in message
> m...
> > I'm looking for a recipe for good old fashion ice cream "sugar cones".
> > I would like to make them from scratch.
> >
> > I make home-made ice cream for the family and would also like to make
> > sugar cones for them as well. I can't find the recipe anywhere. Does
> > anyone have a good recipe for Sugar Cones?
> >

> Are you making a distinction between sugar cones and waffle cones?

Yes...Sugar Cones. Don't like those waffle cones.
Fyrepup

"Jean marie" > wrote in message
m...
> I'm looking for a recipe for good old fashion ice cream "sugar cones".
> I would like to make them from scratch.
>
> I make home-made ice cream for the family and would also like to make
> sugar cones for them as well. I can't find the recipe anywhere. Does
> anyone have a good recipe for Sugar Cones?
>
> Ruth

The best recipe we used to use at the soda stand I worked at when I was a
kid, was a commercial pancake mix with half of the water, mixed thoroughly
with 2 TBSP of vanilla extract. Refrigerate overnight, remix well and place
on the iron.

Good Luck!

Matt

Syd

That sounds fantastic. I'm going to try it too!
Syd