Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default dinner 6-26-2016

I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
and made a simple green salad to go with it.

While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
soup.

Carolina Gold
http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 2:04:43 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>
> sf

I had a decent size bowl of homemade beef stew which was less
than outstanding from a friend. The meat was great but it had
NO seasoning at all and had several AWFUL Brussel sprouts in
the mix. I appreciated the gesture but it was quite ho-hum
but I dutifully ate it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
>I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>
> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> soup.
>
> Carolina Gold
> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725
>
> --
>
> sf

We're going to have tacos and beans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>
> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> soup.
>
> Carolina Gold
> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
from the yard just hitting ready.

Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
easy thing when busy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:22:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
>> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
>> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
>> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>>
>> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
>> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
>> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
>> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
>> soup.
>>
>> Carolina Gold
>> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725
>>
>> --
>>
>> sf

>We're going to have tacos and beans.

I would expect no less from you, Julie. Enjoy!

We had schezwan chicken, with onions, peppers, chilis, snow peas, bean
sprouts, and lots of other stir-fry vegetables. There's enough left
for dinner tomorrow, plus a couple of lunches.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:22:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..
>>>I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
>>> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
>>> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
>>> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>>>
>>> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
>>> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
>>> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
>>> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
>>> soup.
>>>
>>> Carolina Gold
>>> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> sf

>>We're going to have tacos and beans.

> I would expect no less from you, Julie. Enjoy!
>
> We had schezwan chicken, with onions, peppers, chilis, snow peas, bean
> sprouts, and lots of other stir-fry vegetables. There's enough left
> for dinner tomorrow, plus a couple of lunches.
>
> Doris

Very hot here supposed to have gotten to 106, plus dealing with an ISP/email
change after 10 years, so worn out. DH had hamburger steak with tomato and
onion, zucchini squash and rice. I had a "fake crab salad" and ice water. It
was good.

Cheri

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 9:04:43 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>
> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> soup.
>
> Carolina Gold
> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725
>
> --
>
> sf

I had some fried swai fillets that had a coating of furikake and bread crumbs. Typically, I consider swai to be a bad news fish but it was quite tasty.. I enjoyed it! The fish was dipped in a light teriyaki sauce. I had some swai yesterday and it was pretty good too.

Mahimahi is the fish I grew up eating. Swai has been used as a substitute for mahimahi which is an awful trend to see in Hawaii but I come to the realization that swai is perhaps a fish we can live with - and it's sustainable too. In the future, we probably won't be eating real meat but we just might be able to eat real fish. That's encouraging, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:22:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>We're going to have tacos and beans.

>> I would expect no less from you, Julie. Enjoy!
>>
>> We had schezwan chicken, with onions, peppers, chilis, snow peas, bean
>> sprouts, and lots of other stir-fry vegetables. There's enough left
>> for dinner tomorrow, plus a couple of lunches.
>>
>> Doris

> Very hot here supposed to have gotten to 106, plus dealing with an
> ISP/email change after 10 years, so worn out. DH had hamburger steak with
> tomato and onion, zucchini squash and rice. I had a "fake crab salad" and
> ice water. It was good.

DH had home made game pie with chips (fries) and I had a stir fry with
chicken, zucchini and chestnut mushrooms

(Isn't it lovely to talk about food)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
>> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
>> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
>> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>>
>> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
>> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
>> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
>> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
>> soup.
>>
>> Carolina Gold
>> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

> Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
> cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
> from the yard just hitting ready.
>
> Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
> 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
> the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
> easy thing when busy.

Lunchable?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
>>> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
>>> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
>>> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>>>
>>> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
>>> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
>>> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
>>> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
>>> soup.
>>>
>>> Carolina Gold
>>> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

>> Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>> cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
>> from the yard just hitting ready.
>>
>> Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
>> 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
>> the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
>> easy thing when busy.

> Lunchable?

They're little kits that usually have crackers, meat like turkey, ham, etc.
usually a small candy bar or something like that, they have little pizza
kits as well as other kinds that kids can take to school for lunch, so they
call them "Lunchables."

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>>> cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
>>> from the yard just hitting ready.
>>>
>>> Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
>>> 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
>>> the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
>>> easy thing when busy.

>> Lunchable?

> They're little kits that usually have crackers, meat like turkey, ham,
> etc. usually a small candy bar or something like that, they have little
> pizza kits as well as other kinds that kids can take to school for lunch,
> so they call them "Lunchables."

Thanks very much) I don't know if we have anything like that but I
haven't heard of them

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2016 12:20 PM, Cheri wrote:

>> Lunchable?

> They're little kits that usually have crackers, meat like turkey, ham,
> etc. usually a small candy bar or something like that, they have little
> pizza kits as well as other kinds that kids can take to school for
> lunch, so they call them "Lunchables."
>
> Cheri

Pretty much pre=packaged fat, salt, sugar, and preservatives for people
that can't pack a simple lunch.
http://www.lunchablesparents.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 6/28/2016 12:20 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>

>>> Lunchable?

>> They're little kits that usually have crackers, meat like turkey, ham,
>> etc. usually a small candy bar or something like that, they have little
>> pizza kits as well as other kinds that kids can take to school for
>> lunch, so they call them "Lunchables."
>>
>> Cheri

> Pretty much pre=packaged fat, salt, sugar, and preservatives for people
> that can't pack a simple lunch.
> http://www.lunchablesparents.com/

Oh

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:01:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> >> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> >> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> >> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
> >>
> >> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> >> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> >> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> >> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> >> soup.
> >>
> >> Carolina Gold
> >> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

> > Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
> > cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
> > from the yard just hitting ready.
> >
> > Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
> > 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
> > the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
> > easy thing when busy.

> Lunchable?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

It's like an army field ration or MRE for kids. In this case, theater of combat would be in the school lunchroom. I bought a lot of these things for my kids. It works out great because those brats never liked my lunches anyway and they really liked the crap in those boxes. Actually, I've had one of those things too - when nobody was looking. It's a win-win deal, the kids are happy and the parents don't have to spend the time making some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for those nasty critters. As far as ideas goes, it's right up there with disposable diapers and canned formula.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:01:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>> > cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
>> > from the yard just hitting ready.
>> >
>> > Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
>> > 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
>> > the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
>> > easy thing when busy.

>> Lunchable?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> It's like an army field ration or MRE for kids. In this case, theater of
> combat would be in the school lunchroom. I bought a lot of these things
> for my kids. It works out great because those brats never liked my lunches
> anyway and they really liked the crap in those boxes. Actually, I've had
> one of those things too - when nobody was looking. It's a win-win deal,
> the kids are happy and the parents don't have to spend the time making
> some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for those nasty critters. As far
> as ideas goes, it's right up there with disposable diapers and canned
> formula.

Oh dear .... lol Thanks)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:22:49 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>We're going to have tacos and beans.

>> I would expect no less from you, Julie. Enjoy!
>>
>> We had schezwan chicken, with onions, peppers, chilis, snow peas, bean
>> sprouts, and lots of other stir-fry vegetables. There's enough left
>> for dinner tomorrow, plus a couple of lunches.
>>
>> Doris

> Very hot here supposed to have gotten to 106, plus dealing with an
> ISP/email change after 10 years, so worn out. DH had hamburger steak with
> tomato and onion, zucchini squash and rice. I had a "fake crab salad" and
> ice water. It was good.

It's not that hot here but it is hot and I wound up getting a ton of
packages. Two are heavy cat litter and two are cases of seltzer and water.
The others are smaller and easily dealt with but they put the heavy stuff by
the front door and I want it in the garage. I don't want to get all sweaty
either because the graduation ceremony is later tonight and they'll be
taking pics. I highly doubt that the building where the ceremony is will be
air conditioned. Fun times!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
>>> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
>>> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
>>> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>>>
>>> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
>>> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
>>> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
>>> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
>>> soup.
>>>
>>> Carolina Gold
>>> http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

>> Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>> cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
>> from the yard just hitting ready.
>>
>> Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
>> 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
>> the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
>> easy thing when busy.

> Lunchable?

Little refrigerated packages that will keep for a while, designed to be
taken in a lunch. Aimed at kids. I know they have nachos which are tiny
round corn chips with cheese dip and salsa. Also pizza which is a round flat
bread with a packet of sauce, cheese shreds and perhaps pepperoni. Also some
with cheese, crackers, meats and cookies or candy. There are others but
since I don't ever buy that kind, not really sure what all comes in them. I
think the same as I mentioned plus a drink, and larger sized packages of
things. At one point they had one with a small bun so you could make a
sandwich and chicken nuggets to serve cold. There is also a Walking Taco
which might be another brand, not sure and protein packs which also may be
another brand, not sure. Those are meat, cheese and nuts.

Angela will eat the nacho ones once in a while and her friends will
sometimes eat the others. I never buy the ones with drinks. For a time there
was a small, off brand cola. Not sure if that is still in there. Some have
juice, juice drinks, flavored water and I think perhaps plain water but all
small containers.

I only ever buy them when I find a good sale. I started buying them when she
was a toddler but only when my parents came to visit and we were having a
picnic in the park. She was too little to eat a sandwich like we did. She
mainly ate raw fruits and vegetables which I packed but this gave her a
little protein. She never ate more than a few bites but my dad or husband
would finish off what she didn't eat.

For me, they were something to buy while out and not something I used to
keep at home. Then at some point I would keep a few just in case I was out
and wouldn't be home at meal time. Nobody in the house really likes them all
that well so I will only buy a few once in a while on sale. I have none at
the present and may never buy them again. No real need as everyone is
capable of making a real meal now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:20:17 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

That's about twice the price of spareribs here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>>> cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small apples
>>> from the yard just hitting ready.
>>>
>>> Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had 4
>>> 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and added to
>>> the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea, a fast and
>>> easy thing when busy.

>> Lunchable?

> Little refrigerated packages that will keep for a while, designed to be
> taken in a lunch. Aimed at kids. I know they have nachos which are tiny
> round corn chips with cheese dip and salsa. Also pizza which is a round
> flat bread with a packet of sauce, cheese shreds and perhaps pepperoni.
> Also some with cheese, crackers, meats and cookies or candy. There are
> others but since I don't ever buy that kind, not really sure what all
> comes in them. I think the same as I mentioned plus a drink, and larger
> sized packages of things. At one point they had one with a small bun so
> you could make a sandwich and chicken nuggets to serve cold. There is also
> a Walking Taco which might be another brand, not sure and protein packs
> which also may be another brand, not sure. Those are meat, cheese and
> nuts.
>
> Angela will eat the nacho ones once in a while and her friends will
> sometimes eat the others. I never buy the ones with drinks. For a time
> there was a small, off brand cola. Not sure if that is still in there.
> Some have juice, juice drinks, flavored water and I think perhaps plain
> water but all small containers.
>
> I only ever buy them when I find a good sale. I started buying them when
> she was a toddler but only when my parents came to visit and we were
> having a picnic in the park. She was too little to eat a sandwich like we
> did. She mainly ate raw fruits and vegetables which I packed but this gave
> her a little protein. She never ate more than a few bites but my dad or
> husband would finish off what she didn't eat.
>
> For me, they were something to buy while out and not something I used to
> keep at home. Then at some point I would keep a few just in case I was out
> and wouldn't be home at meal time. Nobody in the house really likes them
> all that well so I will only buy a few once in a while on sale. I have
> none at the present and may never buy them again. No real need as everyone
> is capable of making a real meal now.

Thank you

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:20:17 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

> That's about twice the price of spareribs here.

I didn't write that They were bought in USA.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:13:38 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> It's not that hot here but it is hot and I wound up getting a ton of
> packages. Two are heavy cat litter and two are cases of seltzer and water.
> The others are smaller and easily dealt with but they put the heavy stuff by
> the front door and I want it in the garage. I don't want to get all sweaty
> either because the graduation ceremony is later tonight and they'll be
> taking pics.

So shift the goods and then take a shower. Or have your daughter do it,
and then she can shower.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 03:23:17 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:13:38 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> It's not that hot here but it is hot and I wound up getting a ton of
>> packages. Two are heavy cat litter and two are cases of seltzer and water.
>> The others are smaller and easily dealt with but they put the heavy stuff by
>> the front door and I want it in the garage. I don't want to get all sweaty
>> either because the graduation ceremony is later tonight and they'll be
>> taking pics.

>So shift the goods and then take a shower. Or have your daughter do it,
>and then she can shower.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Cat litter is not very heavy, the heaviest I've seen are 40 pounds but
most people buy 20 pounders (or smaller), and they are in plastic
buckets with a handle, in cartons with handles, or in plastic jugs
with a handle. I keep cat litter in my garage, when I need more I
pour half a carton into a plastic bucket to carry indoors.
Cases of bevrages aren't very heavy and nothing says one needs to
carry the whole case in at once, open it and carry in how many
bottles/cans you can comfortably carry in a tote bag. I like to leave
the empty cartons in the garage anyway because that's where my
trash/recyclables bins live, that's where I collapse the empty
cartons, hold them collapsed with a small piece of packing tape and
put them into the bin. I see no point in carrying trash indoors if
I'll only need to carry it back out. Seems to me Bove's problems all
stem from her having no systems and/or mental acuity to systemize.
Most of life's problems are easily solvable when one has the ability
to and with what to think. I have a small sign at the side door of my
garge, says: "Please Leave Deliveries Here", the various carriers all
know by now that's where to leave deliveries and it's a logical place
because with the large overhang it's out of the weather. and I also
have a galvanized steel weather pruf milk box there for small packages
so they don't blow away on windy days. The delivery people prefer to
drive up to my garage door and leave parcels right there rather than
walk 40 feet to my front door, especially if it's raining/snowing or I
didn't get to shovel snow from the path to the front door yet.
This post of hers definitely proves that at some point Bove underwent
a partial frontal lobotomy... any normal 5th grader can figure out how
to simplify deliveries... Bove's juvenile mind must think the UPS
driver parks on her roof and comes down the chimney like Santa!
LOL-LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as
> > > it gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs
> > > (Trader Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans
> > > from a can and made a simple green salad to go with it.
> > >
> > > While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> > > chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> > > scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> > > vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> > > soup.
> > >
> > > Carolina Gold
> > > http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1725

> > Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
> > cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small
> > apples from the yard just hitting ready.
> >
> > Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had
> > 4 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and
> > added to the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea,
> > a fast and easy thing when busy.

> Lunchable?

Yes, oh it's a small prepared snack. You get something like 6
crackers, 6 slices of cracker shaped meat and 6 of cheese and maybe two
cookies. Because of the coupons, they were 62cents each USA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.home.repair

Default SIMPLY FAT TALKS ABOUT HIS "dinner 6-26-2016"

On 6/27/2016 12:04 PM, sf wrote:
> I found a rack of ribs on sale for $2.99 lb and that's as good as it
> gets here. So I bought them and made oven barbecued ribs (Trader
> Joe's Carolina Gold BBQ sauce); then I heated some beans from a can
> and made a simple green salad to go with it.
>
> While we were waiting for dinner, I used the last of my homemade
> chicken stock, a box of vegetable broth, a couple of things I
> scavenged from the refrigerator and a huge package of chopped
> vegetables that I'd bought at the Mexican market to make vegetable
> soup.

I think yer the one whose big ass was stuck in the trolley door.
Hmmmmmmm?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Today the highlight was toasted home made rye bread with butter and
>> > cream cheese. Afraid the rest was a lunchable with fresh small
>> > apples from the yard just hitting ready.
>> >
>> > Lunchables are an oddity here but they had a 10/10$ sale and we had
>> > 4 60cent coupons that doubled so paid 6.20$ for 10 of them and
>> > added to the occasional snack food/fast food set we get. At .62ea,
>> > a fast and easy thing when busy.

>> Lunchable?

> Yes, oh it's a small prepared snack. You get something like 6
> crackers, 6 slices of cracker shaped meat and 6 of cheese and maybe two
> cookies. Because of the coupons, they were 62cents each USA.

Thank you.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/