Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default General Mills recalls 10 million pounds of flour

http://www.ktvb.com/news/nation-now/...ur-1/224937627
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 01:47:43 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

>http://www.ktvb.com/news/nation-now/...ur-1/224937627

Oops....shoulda read ahead. I posted about this, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>http://www.ktvb.com/news/nation-now/...ur-1/224937627

My first thought was that it would be killed during the baking
process, but they mentioned eating raw cookie dough. I guess the
bowls are often tasted too.

That is a lot of wasted flour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-01, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> That is a lot of wasted flour.

A pitance compared to GM's profits. The price of doing business,
these days. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

Default JANET BOVINE TALKS ABOUT "General Mills recalls 10 million pounds offlour," and she's no happy about it.

On 6/1/2016 12:47 AM, Janet Bovine wrote:
> http://www.ktvb.com/news/nation-now/...ur-1/224937627

OMGAWD! NOW, WHO WILL BAKE THE BREAD?????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2016-06-01, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> > That is a lot of wasted flour.

> A pitance compared to GM's profits. The price of doing business,
> these days. 8|

A recall is good if just to be safe. That price of doing business is
passed on to us consumers though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 13:02:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>notbob wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-06-01, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>> > That is a lot of wasted flour.

>> A pitance compared to GM's profits. The price of doing business,
>> these days. 8|

>A recall is good if just to be safe. That price of doing business is
>passed on to us consumers though.

Plus GM takes the tax write off for their loss.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 13:11:08 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>>A recall is good if just to be safe. That price of doing business is
>>>passed on to us consumers though.

>> Plus GM takes the tax write off for their loss.

> GM has product recall insurance. And even without that, 10 million
> pounds of flour is just a drop in the bucket for them and would hardly
> amount to a net operating loss. There is no tax write-off either way
> - they would just pay less taxes due to slightly less profits.
>
> -sw

Isn't that the tax write off? You guys sound like a Seinfeld episode.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01/06/2016 11:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 13:11:08 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> A recall is good if just to be safe. That price of doing business is
>>> passed on to us consumers though.

>> Plus GM takes the tax write off for their loss.

> GM has product recall insurance. And even without that, 10 million
> pounds of flour is just a drop in the bucket for them and would hardly
> amount to a net operating loss. There is no tax write-off either way
> - they would just pay less taxes due to slightly less profits.
>
> -sw

Exactly! Some people have a strange idea about tax write-offs. When I
complained once to a group of public servants about the cost of parking,
they chorused that it was a tax write off implying that like them, I got
the expense back from the government. They didn't seem to realise that I
had to earn that money in the first place and that I wouldn't be paying
the paltry amount of tax on that.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-02 10:39 AM, graham wrote:

> Exactly! Some people have a strange idea about tax write-offs. When I
> complained once to a group of public servants about the cost of parking,
> they chorused that it was a tax write off implying that like them, I got
> the expense back from the government. They didn't seem to realise that I
> had to earn that money in the first place and that I wouldn't be paying
> the paltry amount of tax on that.

It's not just public servants who misunderstand write-offs. My two
older brothers have never got along well and one will do anything he can
to annoy the older one. He used to work on the road and leased his car
because tax laws here allow people to write off job related travel
expenses including car leases. When the other would comment on his new
car(s) he would be sure to mention that he could write if off, knowing
the other one thought that translated to it being free.