Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default !! new $200 cookbook !!

Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out

or

http://tinyurl.com/zedhw4y

--- begin quote ---
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A $200 price tag couldn't keep Tom Brady's fans
from gobbling up the Patriots quarterback's new cookbook.

The "TB12 Nutrition Manual" features 89 recipes and is described on the
four-time Super Bowl champion's website as being printed on 100-pound
text paper with covers made from natural wood that include laser etching.

Brady posted a picture from the book on his Facebook page, calling it
"another step toward achieving your peak performance." Recipes include
avocado ice cream and carrot cake.

The book can be taken apart and expanded. The description on the site
says anyone who buys it will receive additional pages with new or
modified recipes.

It's listed as sold out, and a note says more may be available early
next month.
--- end quote ---

Isn't amazing what some folks buy ;-)

Sky, who's purchased quirky things, too, though not often

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
================================

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:36:16 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
>spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
>quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
>this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
>for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!
>
>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out

For those with more dolllars than brains... those kind of cookbooks
are for people who can't cook, for the same people who buy paint by
numbers kits and thenk they are artists
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 8:49:42 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2016 20:36:16 -0500, Sky >
> wrote:
>
> >Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
> >spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
> >quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
> >this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
> >for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!
> >
> >http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out

> For those with more dolllars than brains... those kind of cookbooks
> are for people who can't cook, for the same people who buy paint by
> numbers kits and thenk they are artists

I have to agree with you on this Sheldon. The $200 price tag is mostly to benefit the billion$ NFL CORPORATION!! Screw them!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
>spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
>quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
>this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
>for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!

Another case of...
http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...e-My-Money.jpg

Some ppl can only release endorphins by spending money on crap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/11/2016 9:58 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out

>> For those with more dolllars than brains... those kind of cookbooks
>> are for people who can't cook, for the same people who buy paint by
>> numbers kits and thenk they are artists

> I have to agree with you on this Sheldon. The $200 price tag is mostly to benefit the billion$ NFL CORPORATION!! Screw them!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Right, those Chiicom SOBs, eh k00ky?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zedhw4y
>
> ================================
> Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
> Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
> ================================

It can be expanded ? Can it be deflated too ??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2016 5:46 PM, rosie wrote:
> On
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/zedhw4y

> It can be expanded ? Can it be deflated too ??

(laugh!)

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:36:19 PM UTC-7, Sky wrote:
> Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
> spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
> quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
> this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
> for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!
>
> http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zedhw4y
>
> --- begin quote ---
> FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A $200 price tag couldn't keep Tom Brady's fans
> from gobbling up the Patriots quarterback's new cookbook.
>
> The "TB12 Nutrition Manual" features 89 recipes and is described on the
> four-time Super Bowl champion's website as being printed on 100-pound
> text paper with covers made from natural wood that include laser etching.
>
> Brady posted a picture from the book on his Facebook page, calling it
> "another step toward achieving your peak performance." Recipes include
> avocado ice cream and carrot cake.
>
> The book can be taken apart and expanded. The description on the site
> says anyone who buys it will receive additional pages with new or
> modified recipes.
>
> It's listed as sold out, and a note says more may be available early
> next month.
> --- end quote ---
>
> Isn't amazing what some folks buy ;-)
>
> Sky, who's purchased quirky things, too, though not often
>
> ================================
> Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
> Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
> ================================

for $200 it better be personally signed and numbered by Tom Brady
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 May 2016 17:25:25 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:36:19 PM UTC-7, Sky wrote:
>> Many folks like to buy cookbooks and even collect them. But, who would
>> spend US$200 for an 89-recipe cookbook written by a (US) NFL football
>> quarterback (Tom Brady, NE Patriots)? Most likely a lot a people since
>> this item has apparently sold out. There are better ways to spend $200
>> for something else other than "this particular" cookbook, IMNSHO - VBG!
>>
>> http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...book-sells-out
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/zedhw4y
>>
>> --- begin quote ---
>> FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A $200 price tag couldn't keep Tom Brady's fans
>> from gobbling up the Patriots quarterback's new cookbook.
>>
>> The "TB12 Nutrition Manual" features 89 recipes and is described on the
>> four-time Super Bowl champion's website as being printed on 100-pound
>> text paper with covers made from natural wood that include laser etching.
>>
>> Brady posted a picture from the book on his Facebook page, calling it
>> "another step toward achieving your peak performance." Recipes include
>> avocado ice cream and carrot cake.
>>
>> The book can be taken apart and expanded. The description on the site
>> says anyone who buys it will receive additional pages with new or
>> modified recipes.
>>
>> It's listed as sold out, and a note says more may be available early
>> next month.
>> --- end quote ---
>>
>> Isn't amazing what some folks buy ;-)
>>
>> Sky, who's purchased quirky things, too, though not often
>>
>> ================================
>> Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
>> Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
>> ================================

>for $200 it better be personally signed and numbered by Tom Brady

Who's Tom Brady... I wouldn't give 20¢ for any signed cook book, they
should give me $200 for any cook book I felt was worth my buying. No
cook book ever published is worth more than a paint by numbers kit.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...int+by+numbers

New Cookbook Becca General Cooking 0 08-01-2010 05:13 PM
Low Fat Cookbook Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] General Cooking 0 20-07-2009 01:58 AM
Cookbook Suggestion: was (2009-03-08) NS-RFC: The RFC Cookbook on-line Boron Elgar General Cooking 0 09-03-2009 02:52 PM
Got a New Cookbook Damsel in dis Dress[_3_] General Cooking 22 23-12-2008 04:30 PM
The best cookbook is... [email protected] General Cooking 41 23-09-2006 06:29 PM