Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ping - dsi1

http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/

Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.

Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
be on the road.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2016 10:22 AM, onglet wrote:
> http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/
>
> Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
> may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
> month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
> to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
> a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.
>
> Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
> the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
> now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
> be on the road.

http://www.gizmag.com/smrt-2getthere...ngapore/42910/

Following the recent announcement that driverless taxis may be tested on
its roads, Singapore is set to extend its autonomous vehicle credentials
further still. The country's public transport operator SMRT has
partnered with sustainable mobility firm 2getthere to roll-out
driverless pods later this year.

In doing so, SMRT and 2getthere have formed a new joint venture called
2getthere Asia, via which they plan to market, install, operate and
maintain "Automated Vehicle systems" for customers in Singapore and the
Asia-Pacific region. The planned first act of 2getthere Asia is to bring
2getthere's 3rd Generation Group Rapid Transit (GRT) vehicles to
Singapore by the end of the year.

The third generation GRT was designed by 2getthere in partnership with
Italian automotive firm Zagato Milano, the two companies having
previously worked together on the personal rapid transit (PRT) system
for Masdar City in the United Arab Emirates.

The pods have a flexible interior that can seat eight or twelve people
and can accommodate up to 24 passengers in total. They are fully
electric, powered by lithium iron phosphate batteries and have a top
speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). An obstacle detection system is employed for
the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users, while air
conditioning and wide automated doors help to ensure comfort and
accessibility for passengers.

The pods will be used to service first and last-mile mobility needs in
Singapore.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:22:58 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:
> http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/
>
> Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
> may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
> month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
> to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
> a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.
>
> Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
> the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
> now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
> be on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13gxhHYPuko

Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:56:03 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:
> On 4/22/2016 10:22 AM, onglet wrote:
> > http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/
> >
> > Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
> > may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
> > month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
> > to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
> > a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.
> >
> > Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
> > the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
> > now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
> > be on the road.

> http://www.gizmag.com/smrt-2getthere...ngapore/42910/
>
> Following the recent announcement that driverless taxis may be tested on
> its roads, Singapore is set to extend its autonomous vehicle credentials
> further still. The country's public transport operator SMRT has
> partnered with sustainable mobility firm 2getthere to roll-out
> driverless pods later this year.
>
> In doing so, SMRT and 2getthere have formed a new joint venture called
> 2getthere Asia, via which they plan to market, install, operate and
> maintain "Automated Vehicle systems" for customers in Singapore and the
> Asia-Pacific region. The planned first act of 2getthere Asia is to bring
> 2getthere's 3rd Generation Group Rapid Transit (GRT) vehicles to
> Singapore by the end of the year.
>
> The third generation GRT was designed by 2getthere in partnership with
> Italian automotive firm Zagato Milano, the two companies having
> previously worked together on the personal rapid transit (PRT) system
> for Masdar City in the United Arab Emirates.
>
> The pods have a flexible interior that can seat eight or twelve people
> and can accommodate up to 24 passengers in total. They are fully
> electric, powered by lithium iron phosphate batteries and have a top
> speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). An obstacle detection system is employed for
> the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users, while air
> conditioning and wide automated doors help to ensure comfort and
> accessibility for passengers.
>
> The pods will be used to service first and last-mile mobility needs in
> Singapore.

The old farts in this group might not want to climb into a small electric plastic pod but after a lifetime of driving other people around, I'm ready!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2016 12:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:22:58 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:
>> http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/
>>
>> Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
>> may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
>> month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
>> to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
>> a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.
>>
>> Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
>> the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
>> now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
>> be on the road.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13gxhHYPuko
>
> Hee hee.

Swimmin' pools, movie stars, autonomous cars...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2016 12:29 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:56:03 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:
>> On 4/22/2016 10:22 AM, onglet wrote:
>>> http://www.gizmag.com/beverly-hills-...rs-plan/42857/
>>>
>>> Beverly Hills might be known as home to the rich and famous, but soon it
>>> may also be home to a fleet of autonomous city shuttles. Earlier this
>>> month, the Beverly Hills City Council unanimously approved a resolution
>>> to develop autonomous vehicles for public transportation in the form of
>>> a fleet of driverless municipal shuttles.
>>>
>>> Although the Beverly Hills proposal is still very much in its infancy,
>>> the Mayor of Beverly Hills, John Mirisch, believes the technology has
>>> now reached the point of feasibility and safety for autonomous cars to
>>> be on the road.

>> http://www.gizmag.com/smrt-2getthere...ngapore/42910/
>>
>> Following the recent announcement that driverless taxis may be tested on
>> its roads, Singapore is set to extend its autonomous vehicle credentials
>> further still. The country's public transport operator SMRT has
>> partnered with sustainable mobility firm 2getthere to roll-out
>> driverless pods later this year.
>>
>> In doing so, SMRT and 2getthere have formed a new joint venture called
>> 2getthere Asia, via which they plan to market, install, operate and
>> maintain "Automated Vehicle systems" for customers in Singapore and the
>> Asia-Pacific region. The planned first act of 2getthere Asia is to bring
>> 2getthere's 3rd Generation Group Rapid Transit (GRT) vehicles to
>> Singapore by the end of the year.
>>
>> The third generation GRT was designed by 2getthere in partnership with
>> Italian automotive firm Zagato Milano, the two companies having
>> previously worked together on the personal rapid transit (PRT) system
>> for Masdar City in the United Arab Emirates.
>>
>> The pods have a flexible interior that can seat eight or twelve people
>> and can accommodate up to 24 passengers in total. They are fully
>> electric, powered by lithium iron phosphate batteries and have a top
>> speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). An obstacle detection system is employed for
>> the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users, while air
>> conditioning and wide automated doors help to ensure comfort and
>> accessibility for passengers.
>>
>> The pods will be used to service first and last-mile mobility needs in
>> Singapore.

> The old farts in this group might not want to climb into a small electric plastic pod but after a lifetime
> of driving other people around, I'm ready!

These old farts will be BEGGING for pods when they all start riding the
senior wheels van to the store...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 8:38:18 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:
> On 4/22/2016 12:29 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> http://www.gizmag.com/smrt-2getthere...ngapore/42910/
> >>
> >> Following the recent announcement that driverless taxis may be tested on
> >> its roads, Singapore is set to extend its autonomous vehicle credentials
> >> further still. The country's public transport operator SMRT has
> >> partnered with sustainable mobility firm 2getthere to roll-out
> >> driverless pods later this year.
> >>
> >> In doing so, SMRT and 2getthere have formed a new joint venture called
> >> 2getthere Asia, via which they plan to market, install, operate and
> >> maintain "Automated Vehicle systems" for customers in Singapore and the
> >> Asia-Pacific region. The planned first act of 2getthere Asia is to bring
> >> 2getthere's 3rd Generation Group Rapid Transit (GRT) vehicles to
> >> Singapore by the end of the year.
> >>
> >> The third generation GRT was designed by 2getthere in partnership with
> >> Italian automotive firm Zagato Milano, the two companies having
> >> previously worked together on the personal rapid transit (PRT) system
> >> for Masdar City in the United Arab Emirates.
> >>
> >> The pods have a flexible interior that can seat eight or twelve people
> >> and can accommodate up to 24 passengers in total. They are fully
> >> electric, powered by lithium iron phosphate batteries and have a top
> >> speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). An obstacle detection system is employed for
> >> the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users, while air
> >> conditioning and wide automated doors help to ensure comfort and
> >> accessibility for passengers.
> >>
> >> The pods will be used to service first and last-mile mobility needs in
> >> Singapore.

> > The old farts in this group might not want to climb into a small electric plastic pod but after a lifetime
> > of driving other people around, I'm ready!
> >

> These old farts will be BEGGING for pods when they all start riding the
> senior wheels van to the store...

I have seen how that system works. It's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. For the nay-saying, churlish, folks here though, it might be an apt fate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2016 12:50 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 8:38:18 AM UTC-10, onglet wrote:

>>> The old farts in this group might not want to climb into a small electric plastic pod but after a lifetime
>>> of driving other people around, I'm ready!
>>>

>> These old farts will be BEGGING for pods when they all start riding the
>> senior wheels van to the store...

> I have seen how that system works.

Roger that.

> It's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

You're a good man for sure.

> For the nay-saying, churlish, folks here though, it might be an apt fate.

Tee hee!

Ping dsi1 sf[_9_] General Cooking 7 07-02-2017 05:18 AM
Ping Dsi1 Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 0 17-10-2016 06:10 PM
Ping Dsi1 Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 36 15-10-2016 09:34 PM
Ping Dsi1 Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 0 13-10-2016 09:49 PM
ping dsi1 cibola do oro General Cooking 2 07-01-2016 08:20 PM