Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crispy Roasted Pork Belly

Crispy, what's not to like, Roasted, what's not to like, Pork, what's
not to like?
Combine all three and you have a winner, winner, porkalicious dinner.

Here's the step by step if you are interested.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ork-belly.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/juch7y7

In the meantime, here's the recipe

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Roasted Pork Belly

pork

3/4 oz thyme sprigs
12 large clove garlic
skin on, flattened
4 lemongrass stalks; bruised
4 inch chunk of ginger, unpeeled; cut into 1/3 inch pieces
3 1/4 pounds pork belly; ribs intact skin on
1 lemon; halved
3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
2 cups dry white wine

Preheat the oven to 465°F
Spread the thyme, garlic cloves, lemongrass and ginger over the bottom
of a high-sided 10 X 13 inch roasting pan. Lay the pork belly on top
of the herbs, skin side up, and use paper towels to thoroughly pat the
meat dry. Rub the lemon all over the pork skin, squeezing the juice
out as you rub. Set aside for dry for 10 minutes before sprinkling
half of the salt evenly all over the the skin.
Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour, until the crackling is semi
hard and the salt has turned gray: the aromatics will be very crisp
and charred at this point but don't worry; this is normal.
Remove from the oven and scrape off and discard the salt. Spread the
remaining half of the salt evenly all over the skin, then return to
the oven. Cook for another half an hour, until the crackling is solid
and hard.
Remove from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 375°F. If a bubble
has formed on the skin, insert a small knife and gently push it down
to let out the air.
Pour the wine into the roasting pan, taking care not to touch or wet
the sides or skin of the pork belly, followed by 1 2/3 cups of water.
Return the pan to the oven, and cook for another hour. Reduce the heat
to 230°F and cook for a final hour.
Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.

Notes: Nopi the cookbook

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:45:54 -0700, koko > wrote:

> Crispy, what's not to like, Roasted, what's not to like, Pork, what's
> not to like?
> Combine all three and you have a winner, winner, porkalicious dinner.
>
> Here's the step by step if you are interested.
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ork-belly.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/juch7y7

Looks great! Unfortunately, I've only seen meaty pork belly like that
once.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That looks wonderful!

Cheri

"koko" > wrote in message

> Crispy, what's not to like, Roasted, what's not to like, Pork, what's
> not to like?
> Combine all three and you have a winner, winner, porkalicious dinner.
>
> Here's the step by step if you are interested.
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ork-belly.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/juch7y7
>
> In the meantime, here's the recipe
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Roasted Pork Belly
>
> pork
>
> 3/4 oz thyme sprigs
> 12 large clove garlic
> skin on, flattened
> 4 lemongrass stalks; bruised
> 4 inch chunk of ginger, unpeeled; cut into 1/3 inch pieces
> 3 1/4 pounds pork belly; ribs intact skin on
> 1 lemon; halved
> 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
> 2 cups dry white wine
>
> Preheat the oven to 465°F
> Spread the thyme, garlic cloves, lemongrass and ginger over the bottom
> of a high-sided 10 X 13 inch roasting pan. Lay the pork belly on top
> of the herbs, skin side up, and use paper towels to thoroughly pat the
> meat dry. Rub the lemon all over the pork skin, squeezing the juice
> out as you rub. Set aside for dry for 10 minutes before sprinkling
> half of the salt evenly all over the the skin.
> Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour, until the crackling is semi
> hard and the salt has turned gray: the aromatics will be very crisp
> and charred at this point but don't worry; this is normal.
> Remove from the oven and scrape off and discard the salt. Spread the
> remaining half of the salt evenly all over the skin, then return to
> the oven. Cook for another half an hour, until the crackling is solid
> and hard.
> Remove from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 375°F. If a bubble
> has formed on the skin, insert a small knife and gently push it down
> to let out the air.
> Pour the wine into the roasting pan, taking care not to touch or wet
> the sides or skin of the pork belly, followed by 1 2/3 cups of water.
> Return the pan to the oven, and cook for another hour. Reduce the heat
> to 230°F and cook for a final hour.
> Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
>
> Notes: Nopi the cookbook
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.91 **
>
> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:45:54 -0700, koko > wrote:
>

>> Crispy, what's not to like, Roasted, what's not to like, Pork, what's
>> not to like?
>> Combine all three and you have a winner, winner, porkalicious dinner.
>>
>> Here's the step by step if you are interested.
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ork-belly.html
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/juch7y7

> Looks great! Unfortunately, I've only seen meaty pork belly like that
> once.

I am very lucky! I can get them in Yorkshire when we go down)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:45:54 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Crispy, what's not to like, Roasted, what's not to like, Pork, what's
>not to like?
>Combine all three and you have a winner, winner, porkalicious dinner.
>
>Here's the step by step if you are interested.
>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ork-belly.html
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/juch7y7
>
>In the meantime, here's the recipe
>
>@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
>Roasted Pork Belly
>
>pork
>
>3/4 oz thyme sprigs
>12 large clove garlic
> skin on, flattened
>4 lemongrass stalks; bruised
>4 inch chunk of ginger, unpeeled; cut into 1/3 inch pieces
>3 1/4 pounds pork belly; ribs intact skin on
>1 lemon; halved
>3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
>2 cups dry white wine
>
>Preheat the oven to 465°F
>Spread the thyme, garlic cloves, lemongrass and ginger over the bottom
>of a high-sided 10 X 13 inch roasting pan. Lay the pork belly on top
>of the herbs, skin side up, and use paper towels to thoroughly pat the
>meat dry. Rub the lemon all over the pork skin, squeezing the juice
>out as you rub. Set aside for dry for 10 minutes before sprinkling
>half of the salt evenly all over the the skin.
>Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour, until the crackling is semi
>hard and the salt has turned gray: the aromatics will be very crisp
>and charred at this point but don't worry; this is normal.
>Remove from the oven and scrape off and discard the salt. Spread the
>remaining half of the salt evenly all over the skin, then return to
>the oven. Cook for another half an hour, until the crackling is solid
>and hard.
>Remove from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 375°F. If a bubble
>has formed on the skin, insert a small knife and gently push it down
>to let out the air.
>Pour the wine into the roasting pan, taking care not to touch or wet
>the sides or skin of the pork belly, followed by 1 2/3 cups of water.
>Return the pan to the oven, and cook for another hour. Reduce the heat
>to 230°F and cook for a final hour.
>Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
>
>Notes: Nopi the cookbook
>

>** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.91 **
>
>koko

Looks very tasty and the way I love it however the most simple way to
make sure crackling crackles is to leave the raw meat uncovered in the
'fridge for 24 hours - it's what the Chinese do for both pork and
Peking Duck and it works

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 7:16:23 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> Looks very tasty and the way I love it however the most simple way to
> make sure crackling crackles is to leave the raw meat uncovered in the
> 'fridge for 24 hours - it's what the Chinese do for both pork and
> Peking Duck and it works

Another twist for crispy is the way I prepare goose. Prick small holes all over the skin with a fork being careful not to puncture the meat. Then submerge the bird in boiling water for about 1 minute. Leave uncovered in the fridge for two days. The skin will contract and you'll see small cylinders of fat forced out of the holes.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 05:42:36 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 7:16:23 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>>
>> Looks very tasty and the way I love it however the most simple way to
>> make sure crackling crackles is to leave the raw meat uncovered in the
>> 'fridge for 24 hours - it's what the Chinese do for both pork and
>> Peking Duck and it works

>Another twist for crispy is the way I prepare goose. Prick small holes all over the skin with a fork being careful not to puncture the meat. Then submerge the bird in boiling water for about 1 minute. Leave uncovered in the fridge for two days. The skin will contract and you'll see small cylinders of fat forced out of the holes.
>
>http://www.richardfisher.com

That's interesting - haven't had goose for ages but it is another
thing I leave uncovered in the 'fridge overnight. Certainly goose
should have a lovely crispy skin yum yum
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

> Looks very tasty and the way I love it however the most simple way to
> make sure crackling crackles is to leave the raw meat uncovered in the
> 'fridge for 24 hours - it's what the Chinese do for both pork and
> Peking Duck and it works

Same here when making porchetta pork roast, at least 24 hours uncovered in
fridge after scoring.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2016 10:46 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> They look like this:

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!