Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Almond Ice Pops

Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.
I intended to make caramel ice pops but I had to change my plans and
make almond pops.

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-ice-pops.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/j8enczv

Here's the recipe I intended to follow but didn't. I will some day
soon though.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Paletas de Cajeta, Caramel Ice Pops

desserts

3 cups half and half
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
or 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
3/4 cup cajeta
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts

Combine 1 1/2 cups of the half and half with the sugar and salt in a
saucepan. If using the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the mixture
then add the pod.
Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and add stir in the cajeta and the remaining 1
1/2 cups of half and half.
If using vanilla extract, stir it in at this point.
Let cool slightly, then discard the vanilla bean pod and refrigerate
until completely chilled.
Divide the mixture among the molds leaving enough room for the pecans.
If using conventional molds, don't snap on the lids yet. Freeze until
the mixture has a slushy consistency
about 30 minutes. This will prevent the pecans from sinking to the
bottom.
Drop the pecans into the ice pops dividing them evenly among the
molds. If they float to the top, push them down with a small spoon or
ice pop stick.
If using conventional molds, snap on the lids add the sticks and
freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.
If using glass or other unconventional molds freeze until pops are
beginning to set, 45 minutes to an hour
then insert sticks and freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.

Notes: Paletas Authentic Mexican ice pops

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 8:33:02 PM UTC-4, koko wrote:
> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.

Maybe a little early up here. It snowed over the weekend, and the furnace
is on right now.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>koko wrote:
>>
>> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.

>Maybe a little early up here. It snowed over the weekend, and the furnace
>is on right now.

I woke up to 23ºF and snow, already 6" deep and is supposed to
continue until about 7 PM. All my beautiful daffodils are now buried.
It didn't snow a flake all winter and now it's spring and there's
snow... I don't need any stinkin' ice pops.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-04 1:58 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> koko wrote:
>>>
>>> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.

>> Maybe a little early up here. It snowed over the weekend, and the furnace
>> is on right now.

> I woke up to 23ºF and snow, already 6" deep and is supposed to
> continue until about 7 PM. All my beautiful daffodils are now buried.
> It didn't snow a flake all winter and now it's spring and there's
> snow... I don't need any stinkin' ice pops.

It is the same here today. I had to get out the snow blower because I
had to get out to the walk in clinic to see about getting the head of a
tick out of my belly. The little bugger was feeding on Saturday night
and when I tried to get him off his head snapped off inside. I had tried
to get it out like you would a splinter, but I just made a mess of it.
As it turned out, the doctor didn't want to dig it out. He said to leave
it, keep it clean and keep an eye on it and it should come out in a few
days. Then he said this was the first tick bite he had seen this year
and added a comment about not expecting them when there is 6 inches of
snow on the ground.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 04/04/2016 1:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-04-04 1:58 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Maybe a little early up here. It snowed over the weekend, and the
>>> furnace
>>> is on right now.

>> I woke up to 23ºF and snow, already 6" deep and is supposed to
>> continue until about 7 PM. All my beautiful daffodils are now buried.
>> It didn't snow a flake all winter and now it's spring and there's
>> snow... I don't need any stinkin' ice pops.
>>

> It is the same here today. I had to get out the snow blower because I
> had to get out to the walk in clinic to see about getting the head of a
> tick out of my belly. The little bugger was feeding on Saturday night
> and when I tried to get him off his head snapped off inside. I had tried
> to get it out like you would a splinter, but I just made a mess of it.
> As it turned out, the doctor didn't want to dig it out. He said to leave
> it, keep it clean and keep an eye on it and it should come out in a few
> days. Then he said this was the first tick bite he had seen this year
> and added a comment about not expecting them when there is 6 inches of
> snow on the ground.

I'm just going for a bike ride. Apparently yesterday, there were some
bikini-clad girls sunbathing by the river.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.
> I intended to make caramel ice pops but I had to change my plans and
> make almond pops.
>
> Here's what I did
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-ice-pops.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/j8enczv
>
> Here's the recipe I intended to follow but didn't. I will some day
> soon though.
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Paletas de Cajeta, Caramel Ice Pops
>
> desserts
>
> 3 cups half and half
> 1/3 cup sugar
> pinch of salt
> 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
> or 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
> 3/4 cup cajeta
> 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
>
> Combine 1 1/2 cups of the half and half with the sugar and salt in a
> saucepan. If using the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the mixture
> then add the pod.
> Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
> Remove from the heat and add stir in the cajeta and the remaining 1
> 1/2 cups of half and half.
> If using vanilla extract, stir it in at this point.
> Let cool slightly, then discard the vanilla bean pod and refrigerate
> until completely chilled.
> Divide the mixture among the molds leaving enough room for the pecans.
> If using conventional molds, don't snap on the lids yet. Freeze until
> the mixture has a slushy consistency
> about 30 minutes. This will prevent the pecans from sinking to the
> bottom.
> Drop the pecans into the ice pops dividing them evenly among the
> molds. If they float to the top, push them down with a small spoon or
> ice pop stick.
> If using conventional molds, snap on the lids add the sticks and
> freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.
> If using glass or other unconventional molds freeze until pops are
> beginning to set, 45 minutes to an hour
> then insert sticks and freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.
>
> Notes: Paletas Authentic Mexican ice pops
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.91 **
>
> koko

Cajeta?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 11:58:57 AM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >koko wrote:
> >>
> >> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.

> >Maybe a little early up here. It snowed over the weekend, and the furnace
> >is on right now.

> I woke up to 23ºF and snow, already 6" deep and is supposed to
> continue until about 7 PM. All my beautiful daffodils are now buried.
> It didn't snow a flake all winter and now it's spring and there's
> snow... I don't need any stinkin' ice pops.

Mother Nature is just weeding out the sick and unworthly.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 2:05:12 PM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> On 04/04/2016 1:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I woke up to 23ºF and snow, already 6" deep and is supposed to
> >> continue until about 7 PM. All my beautiful daffodils are now buried.
> >> It didn't snow a flake all winter and now it's spring and there's
> >> snow... I don't need any stinkin' ice pops.
> >>

> > It is the same here today. I had to get out the snow blower because I
> > had to get out to the walk in clinic to see about getting the head of a
> > tick out of my belly. The little bugger was feeding on Saturday night
> > and when I tried to get him off his head snapped off inside. I had tried
> > to get it out like you would a splinter, but I just made a mess of it.
> > As it turned out, the doctor didn't want to dig it out. He said to leave
> > it, keep it clean and keep an eye on it and it should come out in a few
> > days. Then he said this was the first tick bite he had seen this year
> > and added a comment about not expecting them when there is 6 inches of
> > snow on the ground.

> I'm just going for a bike ride. Apparently yesterday, there were some
> bikini-clad girls sunbathing by the river.

I was driving in my old neighborhood years ago now in the Central West End of St Louis and I saw two beautiful young ladies one walking a dog and they were jogging. Wearing pretty brief two peise looked like exercose clothing! Lotts skin showing!! That's what I love about living in a college town. College girls! I'm living with one, fron India! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> He said to leave
> it, keep it clean and keep an eye on it and it should come out in a few
> days. Then he said this was the first tick bite he had seen this year
> and added a comment about not expecting them when there is 6 inches of
> snow on the ground.

Ah! My worst phobia. Tick questing season must start earlier than I
thought. Don't give blood for a while. You are radioactive to a blood
bank if they know you were fed upon, or at least that was the case in
the seventies. Keep an eye on yourself. Shudder.

[ObFood] I fed my wife tube biscuits with sausage gravy and asparagus
tonight. She swore she liked it. Smart girl!

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:24:16 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

> [ObFood] I fed my wife tube biscuits with sausage gravy and asparagus
> tonight. She swore she liked it. Smart girl.

IMO: biscuits & gravy is the best use for tube biscuits. I don't want
the thick ones, so I buy the cheapest tubes because I want thin ones.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:24:16 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
> > wrote:
>
>> [ObFood] I fed my wife tube biscuits with sausage gravy and asparagus
>> tonight. She swore she liked it. Smart girl.

> IMO: biscuits & gravy is the best use for tube biscuits. I don't want
> the thick ones, so I buy the cheapest tubes because I want thin ones.

I'm thinking the trash can is the best use. I tried them again. No bueno.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 18:13:53 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>koko wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> Time to start making ice pops and ice cream.
>> I intended to make caramel ice pops but I had to change my plans and
>> make almond pops.
>>
>> Here's what I did
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-ice-pops.html
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/j8enczv
>>
>> Here's the recipe I intended to follow but didn't. I will some day
>> soon though.
>>
>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>> Paletas de Cajeta, Caramel Ice Pops
>>
>> desserts
>>
>> 3 cups half and half
>> 1/3 cup sugar
>> pinch of salt
>> 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
>> or 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
>> 3/4 cup cajeta
>> 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
>>
>> Combine 1 1/2 cups of the half and half with the sugar and salt in a
>> saucepan. If using the vanilla bean, scrape the seeds into the mixture
>> then add the pod.
>> Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
>> Remove from the heat and add stir in the cajeta and the remaining 1
>> 1/2 cups of half and half.
>> If using vanilla extract, stir it in at this point.
>> Let cool slightly, then discard the vanilla bean pod and refrigerate
>> until completely chilled.
>> Divide the mixture among the molds leaving enough room for the pecans.
>> If using conventional molds, don't snap on the lids yet. Freeze until
>> the mixture has a slushy consistency
>> about 30 minutes. This will prevent the pecans from sinking to the
>> bottom.
>> Drop the pecans into the ice pops dividing them evenly among the
>> molds. If they float to the top, push them down with a small spoon or
>> ice pop stick.
>> If using conventional molds, snap on the lids add the sticks and
>> freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.
>> If using glass or other unconventional molds freeze until pops are
>> beginning to set, 45 minutes to an hour
>> then insert sticks and freeze until solid about 3 to 4 hours.
>>
>> Notes: Paletas Authentic Mexican ice pops
>>

>> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.91 **
>>
>> koko

>Cajeta?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajeta

koko