Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Old Recipe Images, Anyone?

I am always finding stuff like this. These are from Family Circle
cookbooks.

From the Buffet cookbook - here's the family, with all the buffet items
set right behind the television set on the dinner table!

http://s8.postimg.org/6yu5jscdx/family_circle.jpg

Oh, and an image from the Family Circle Lunch & Brunch cookbook of a
crab newberg souffle:

http://s24.postimg.org/ckvv8c6b9/cra...rg_souffle.jpg

I cannot tell how old these books are. There doesn't seem to be a date
in them. I'm guessing 1960's.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 19:28:28 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>I am always finding stuff like this. These are from Family Circle
>cookbooks.
>
> From the Buffet cookbook - here's the family, with all the buffet items
>set right behind the television set on the dinner table!
>
>http://s8.postimg.org/6yu5jscdx/family_circle.jpg
>
>Oh, and an image from the Family Circle Lunch & Brunch cookbook of a
>crab newberg souffle:
>
>http://s24.postimg.org/ckvv8c6b9/cra...rg_souffle.jpg
>
>I cannot tell how old these books are. There doesn't seem to be a date
>in them. I'm guessing 1960's.
>
>Jill

My family were growing up in the 60s and I gathered (from them with
sighs) we were unusual because I insisted we sit at the dining room
table to eat supper. Certainly NO tv. Little did they know that
from the conversation that ensued while eating I kept track of who
they were hanging with and what was going on
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-03 7:28 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> I am always finding stuff like this. These are from Family Circle
> cookbooks.
>
> From the Buffet cookbook - here's the family, with all the buffet items
> set right behind the television set on the dinner table!
>
> http://s8.postimg.org/6yu5jscdx/family_circle.jpg
>
> Oh, and an image from the Family Circle Lunch & Brunch cookbook of a
> crab newberg souffle:
>
> http://s24.postimg.org/ckvv8c6b9/cra...rg_souffle.jpg
>
> I cannot tell how old these b.

Between the goofy moustache, the wooden salad bowls, the style of
television and the Buooks are. There doesn't seem to be a date

> in them. I'm guessing 1960'sndt cake, I would say the turkey dinner

shot was in the 70s. Souffles were also big at that time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I am always finding stuff like this. These are from Family Circle
>cookbooks.
>
> From the Buffet cookbook - here's the family, with all the buffet items
>set right behind the television set on the dinner table!
>
>http://s8.postimg.org/6yu5jscdx/family_circle.jpg
>
>Oh, and an image from the Family Circle Lunch & Brunch cookbook of a
>crab newberg souffle:
>
>http://s24.postimg.org/ckvv8c6b9/cra...rg_souffle.jpg
>
>I cannot tell how old these books are. There doesn't seem to be a date
>in them. I'm guessing 1960's.
>
>Jill

just as clothing styles have changed since then, so have photo shot
styles.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2016 7:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Funny how super bowl foods have changed over the years.

I have been stuffing my fat little ****ing face again with food I
'borrowed' from:

https://www.austinfoodbank.org/news/...unteer-quarter

OK I admit it, I am eating my way through Texas.

Make me a zip code, or two.

Old Cookbook images jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 8 22-05-2016 07:05 PM
Dental Patients Before And After Images jennifer General Cooking 4 06-10-2010 11:30 AM
food images sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 01-09-2010 09:31 PM
Circus Protest Images Dean S. Lautermilch Vegan 0 07-01-2006 06:14 AM