Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken and wild rice soup

It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came highly
rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it for
some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close to
an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up but
my does it smell good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
> highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would
> save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really
> needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried
> and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's
> good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before
> I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it

Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.

11 cans for the dumpster

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
>> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
>> highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would
>> save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really
>> needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried
>> and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's
>> good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

> Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it
>
> Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.
>
> 11 cans for the dumpster

Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:50:35 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came highly
> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it for
> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close to
> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up but
> my does it smell good!

"Wild rice" is not really rice, it's grass seed!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 10:43:01 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> >> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
> >> highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would
> >> save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really
> >> needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried
> >> and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's
> >> good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
> >> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

> > Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it
> >
> > Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.
> >
> > 11 cans for the dumpster

> Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
> good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

Yummy! I love wild rice. I like using it (cooked) for Thankgiving turkey stuffing.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:50:35 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came highly
> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it for
> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close to
> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up but
> my does it smell good!

I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is nothing too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
=====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:50:35 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
>> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
>> highly
>> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it
>> for
>> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
>> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close
>> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
>> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up
>> but
>> my does it smell good!

> I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is nothing
> too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
> IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
> nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
> =====

Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't eat
regular rice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 11:55:21 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Roy" > wrote in message
> > On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:50:35 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> >> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
> >> highly
> >> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it
> >> for
> >> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
> >> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close
> >> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
> >> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up
> >> but
> >> my does it smell good!

> > I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is nothing
> > too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
> > IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
> > nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
> > =====

> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't eat
> regular rice.

You can't eat regular rice, dairy products and eggs. You don't like meat.

Seems like your so-called "can'ts" or "won'ts" dominates your life and every meal of the day, week, month or year. What a way to live...NOT.

I'm sure that I couldn't live on Tex-Mex foods or beans as you apparently do.
It must be terribly boring and depressing.
=====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:55:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Actually, nutrition *is* my forte.

Must... resist... commenting...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" wrote in message

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:50:35 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
> highly
> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it
> for
> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close
> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up
> but
> my does it smell good!

"Wild rice" is not really rice, it's grass seed!

Rice is also a grass seed. So your point is totally pointless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 11:55:21 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is nothing
>> > too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
>> > IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
>> > nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
>> > =====

>> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't
>> eat
>> regular rice.

> You can't eat regular rice, dairy products and eggs. You don't like meat.
>
> Seems like your so-called "can'ts" or "won'ts" dominates your life and
> every meal of the day, week, month or year. What a way to live...NOT.
>
> I'm sure that I couldn't live on Tex-Mex foods or beans as you apparently
> do.
> It must be terribly boring and depressing.
> =====

Well, Roy. Obviously you don't have issues with food making you sick. I
do. I don't like to be sick. I wouldn't say that I eat Tex Mex foods. I
eat a lot of beans and some Mexican food. Not boring or depressing at all.
How could a person's favorite foods be boring and depressing? I love
popcorn too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2016 9:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

You started out saying you bought canned wild rice. Then you say you
finished off the bag. Which is it? A case of canned or a bunch of bags?

Personally I've never seen *canned* wild rice. I don't shop for food
online so I'm sure there are lots of things I've never seen.

I looked it up. Apparently this wild rice is sold in cans, in which
case it should be already cooked:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canoe-Cook...of-12/17236477

At any rate, I like chicken & wild rice soup. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/1/2016 9:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
>> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
>>

> You started out saying you bought canned wild rice. Then you say you
> finished off the bag. Which is it? A case of canned or a bunch of bags?

You have reading comprehension problems. Look above. I said that I haven't
actually used the canned yet.

> Personally I've never seen *canned* wild rice. I don't shop for food
> online so I'm sure there are lots of things I've never seen.

I'm sure there are.

> I looked it up. Apparently this wild rice is sold in cans, in which case
> it should be already cooked:
>
> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canoe-Cook...of-12/17236477
>
> At any rate, I like chicken & wild rice soup. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And that's what I bought.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 6:09 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 2/1/2016 9:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>>> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>>> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>>> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>>> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
>>> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>>> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
>>>

>> You started out saying you bought canned wild rice. Then you say you
>> finished off the bag. Which is it? A case of canned or a bunch of bags?

> You have reading comprehension problems. Look above. I said that I
> haven't actually used the canned yet.

Mea Culpa. You did say that. Still, canned wild rice... eeeks!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte.

Your drawbridge just fell in the moat.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:42:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
>>> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
>>> highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would
>>> save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really
>>> needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried
>>> and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's
>>> good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

>> Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it
>>
>> Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.
>>
>> 11 cans for the dumpster

>Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
>good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

What is a Spongebob mug?

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>>> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>>> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>>> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>>> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
>>> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>>> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

>> Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it
>>
>> Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.
>>
>> 11 cans for the dumpster

> Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
> good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

I forgot that you will develop an allergy to it by the third can.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 22:55:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Roy" > wrote in message
>> On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:50:35 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found some
>>> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
>>> highly
>>> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save it
>>> for
>>> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a fast
>>> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes close
>>> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
>>> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it up
>>> but
>>> my does it smell good!

>> I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is nothing
>> too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
>> IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
>> nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
>> =====

>Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't eat
>regular rice.

It's not "regular rice", it's tame rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-02 10:29 AM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:42:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>> Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
>> good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

> What is a Spongebob mug?

It is a mug fashioned after Spongebob, a cartoon character....appropriately.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-02 10:29 AM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:42:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>> Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
>> good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

> What is a Spongebob mug?

It is a mug fashioned after Spongebob, a cartoon character....appropriately.

==========

Whereas you have a personalized "Julie" mug...appropriately.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> >> I actually found
> >> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
> >> came highly rated.

I do wonder why you bought a case of this without tasting it first.
Highly rated from someone else would mean nothing to you. That's just
their opinions.

I hope you like it. I would suggest you try a can soon
though....before you need to eat the easy canned stuff. If you hate
it, you can find something else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> I do wonder why you bought a case of this without tasting it first.
> Highly rated from someone else would mean nothing to you. That's just
> their opinions.
>
> I hope you like it. I would suggest you try a can soon
> though....before you need to eat the easy canned stuff. If you hate
> it, you can find something else.

I had wrongly assumed that I wouldn't be able to cook. It will be fine, I'm
sure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 20:42:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Angela will eat it one time and then declare she hates it
>>>
>>> Husband will spit it out and throw the bowl at the wall.
>>>
>>> 11 cans for the dumpster

>>Nope. They don't like wild rice. It's all for me! And the soup was so
>>good that I had two Spongebob mugs of it. I am stuffed now.

> What is a Spongebob mug?

A mug with his face on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 12:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Roy" > wrote in message
>> On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 7:50:35 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>>> some
>>> canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It came
>>> highly
>>> rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I would save
>>> it for
>>> some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or really needed a
>>> fast
>>> meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes dried and takes
>>> close to
>>> an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag. It's good. I've had it
>>> before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so before I can dish it
>>> up but
>>> my does it smell good!

>> I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is
>> nothing too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
>> IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
>> nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
>> =====

> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't
> eat regular rice.

What are your credentials to make you a "nutritionist" ??? Most likely
none other than the exception of your anecdotal history - which leaves
much to the imagination - that's for sure !!! No basis in science or
fact - again, just your imagination.

Sky

--

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2016 8:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!

"Canned" wild rice?? "dried" wild rice? Why the heck would anything
dried be canned? "Black colored" wild rice ??? What other sort of "wild
rice" is there other than "black" ? As usual - bovie is clueless.

Sky <-- who has several pounds of (dried) "wild rice" in her pantry! and
not in any cans!

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
================================

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:42:39 -0600, Sky > wrote:

>On 2/2/2016 12:55 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I don't mind a bit of it added to regular rice but the taste is
>>> nothing too spectacular. It is not rice but is actually grass seed.
>>> IMHO you have weird tastes in food...but eat what you want...proper
>>> nutrition is not your forte, judging by previous postings.
>>> =====

>> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte. I know what wild rice is. I can't
>> eat regular rice.

>What are your credentials to make you a "nutritionist" ??? Most likely
>none other than the exception of your anecdotal history - which leaves
>much to the imagination - that's for sure !!! No basis in science or
>fact - again, just your imagination.
>
>Sky

If what knowledge of nutrition the Bove has demonstrated here is her
forte one can only conclude that her knowlege of anything else is less
than nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 21:54:38 -0600, Sky > wrote:

>On 2/1/2016 8:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>> some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>> came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>> would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>> really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
>> dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>> It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>> before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
>>

>"Canned" wild rice?? "dried" wild rice? Why the heck would anything
>dried be canned? "Black colored" wild rice ??? What other sort of "wild
>rice" is there other than "black" ? As usual - bovie is clueless.
>
>Sky <-- who has several pounds of (dried) "wild rice" in her pantry! and
>not in any cans!

Progresso soups are on sale this week, five cans/$4.
I bought this:
http://www.progresso.com/products/so...-and-wild-rice
And this:
http://www.progresso.com/products/so...cken-wild-rice
Also got Rich & Hearty Chicken Pot Pie, Rich & Hearty Vegetable Pot
Roast, and Rich & Hearty New England Clam Chowder. The regular price
is more than $2 per can so I'll only buy some on sale... they're not
bad but are a bit bland, needs s n'p, and they're too heavy handed on
the potatoes... the potatoes are large flat rectangles (they look like
old fashioned toilet tiles, not very appetizing) and I don't really
care for their texture so I save calories by tossing them out for the
critters. They are fairly low calorie and with their pop top lid they
are handy when I get the munchies around mid afternoon, no cooking,
just nuke. Without the potatoes there's a bit less than two cups per
can and less than 100 calories per cup. I can have my own homemade
soup but those are all frozen in one quart containers, too much for
one and I'd need to defrost them. I hadn't bought any canned soups
for many years, not until I tried the Progresso, but I'd only buy it
on sale, they are not worth the regular $2.29 price, then I'd rather a
packet of ramen, doctored with a handful of frozen mixed vegetables
and/or any LOs I find in the fridge.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 7:52 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
>
>> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte.

> Your drawbridge just fell in the moat.
>
> Janet UK

You very nearly owed me a keyboard. What an apt description, Janet!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2016 12:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 06:37:48 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/2016 6:09 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> You have reading comprehension problems. Look above. I said that I
>>> haven't actually used the canned yet.

>> Mea Culpa. You did say that. Still, canned wild rice... eeeks!

> You have to read it really carefully, often 2 or 3 times because she
> see-saws back and forth between points a lot. Usually (or always)
> it's just not worth it.
>
> At least she didn't call you a bitch this time. You bitch!
>
> -sw

*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
amusing to try to discern it.

I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
the wild rice came out of a can.

The mind boggles!

It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
it. Any guesses? LOL

She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.

I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 19:40:55 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/2/2016 7:52 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >, says...
>>
>>> Actually, nutrition *is* my forte.

>> Your drawbridge just fell in the moat.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>You very nearly owed me a keyboard. What an apt description, Janet!

Creepy couple having fun.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/2/2016 12:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Mea Culpa. You did say that. Still, canned wild rice... eeeks!

>> You have to read it really carefully, often 2 or 3 times because she
>> see-saws back and forth between points a lot. Usually (or always)
>> it's just not worth it.
>>
>> At least she didn't call you a bitch this time. You bitch!
>>
>> -sw
>>

>*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>amusing to try to discern it.
>
>I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>the wild rice came out of a can.
>
>The mind boggles!
>
>It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>it. Any guesses? LOL
>
>She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>
>I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
you know.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> You have to read it really carefully, often 2 or 3 times because she
>>> see-saws back and forth between points a lot. Usually (or always)
>>> it's just not worth it.
>>>
>>> At least she didn't call you a bitch this time. You bitch!
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>>discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>>amusing to try to discern it.
>>
>>I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>>cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>>the wild rice came out of a can.
>>
>>The mind boggles!
>>
>>It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>>something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>>it. Any guesses? LOL
>>
>>She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>>
>>I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
> you know.

Nope. Not pretty at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:28:50 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> You have to read it really carefully, often 2 or 3 times because she
> >> see-saws back and forth between points a lot. Usually (or always)
> >> it's just not worth it.
> >>
> >> At least she didn't call you a bitch this time. You bitch!
> >>
> >> -sw
> >>

> >*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
> >discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
> >amusing to try to discern it.
> >
> >I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
> >cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
> >the wild rice came out of a can.
> >
> >The mind boggles!
> >
> >It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
> >something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
> >it. Any guesses? LOL
> >
> >She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
> >
> >I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
> you know.
>
> --
> Bruce

Stay out of the fray my friend or you will wish you had. We know you like to troll but this is not the time or the place.
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:18:44 -0800 (PST), Roy >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:28:50 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> >*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>> >discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>> >amusing to try to discern it.
>> >
>> >I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>> >cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>> >the wild rice came out of a can.
>> >
>> >The mind boggles!
>> >
>> >It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>> >something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>> >it. Any guesses? LOL
>> >
>> >She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>> >
>> >I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

>> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
>> you know.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

>Stay out of the fray my friend or you will wish you had.

What happens if I don't "stay out of the fray"?

> We know you like to troll but this is not the time or the place.

Who's we? Why are you trolling me?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 10:20:58 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:18:44 -0800 (PST), Roy >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:28:50 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:

> >> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
> >> you know.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce

> >Stay out of the fray my friend or you will wish you had.

> What happens if I don't "stay out of the fray"?
>
> > We know you like to troll but this is not the time or the place.

> Who's we? Why are you trolling me?
>
> --
> Bruce

You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself against her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
=====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:30:23 -0800 (PST), Roy >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 10:20:58 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:18:44 -0800 (PST), Roy >
>> wrote:

>> >Stay out of the fray my friend or you will wish you had.

>> What happens if I don't "stay out of the fray"?
>>
>> > We know you like to troll but this is not the time or the place.

>> Who's we? Why are you trolling me?
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

>You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself against her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
>You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
>=====

I hadn't said a bad word about her when she suddenly started. You
shouldn't have such a big mouth when you don't know what you're
talking about. That's what WE know.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> You have to read it really carefully, often 2 or 3 times because she
>>> see-saws back and forth between points a lot. Usually (or always)
>>> it's just not worth it.
>>>
>>> At least she didn't call you a bitch this time. You bitch!
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>*******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>>discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>>amusing to try to discern it.
>>
>>I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>>cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>>the wild rice came out of a can.
>>
>>The mind boggles!
>>
>>It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>>something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>>it. Any guesses? LOL
>>
>>She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>>
>>I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
> you know.

She is lonely and takes out all her frustrations here.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 10:20:58 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:18:44 -0800 (PST), Roy >
>> wrote:

>> >Stay out of the fray my friend or you will wish you had.

>> What happens if I don't "stay out of the fray"?
>>
>> > We know you like to troll but this is not the time or the place.

>> Who's we? Why are you trolling me?
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

> You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself against
> her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
> You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
> =====

You can honestly say that after seeing the way she behaves????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2016 3:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> *******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>>> discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>>> amusing to try to discern it.
>>>
>>> I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>>> cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>>> the wild rice came out of a can.
>>>
>>> The mind boggles!
>>>
>>> It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>>> something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>>> it. Any guesses? LOL
>>>
>>> She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>>>
>>> I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

>> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
>> you know.

> She is lonely and takes out all her frustrations here.

I just love love love how people project that image on me. Did it ever
occur to you a person can live alone and not feel lonely? Apparently
not. Trust me, it's entirely possible.

I'd much rather live alone than live with that dysfunctional family.

I would absolutely refuse to cook two or three different meals in one
day on the off chance they might like something. (She mentioned mac &
cheese with kielbasa, which HE refused to eat, and something else and
something else which her daughter wouldn't eat)

Nope, I'm not running a cafeteria. Fix something for yourself.

I'm actually a very happy person. I simply don't have any tolerance for
someone who constantly plays the martyr. Oh dear, what can the matter be?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 2/4/2016 3:57 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
>>> you know.

>> She is lonely and takes out all her frustrations here.
>>

> I just love love love how people project that image on me. Did it ever
> occur to you a person can live alone and not feel lonely? Apparently not.
> Trust me, it's entirely possible.
>
> I'd much rather live alone than live with that dysfunctional family.
>
> I would absolutely refuse to cook two or three different meals in one day
> on the off chance they might like something. (She mentioned mac & cheese
> with kielbasa, which HE refused to eat, and something else and something
> else which her daughter wouldn't eat)

Now you are lying. Nobody refused to eat it. He just didn't eat dinner
that night.

> Nope, I'm not running a cafeteria. Fix something for yourself.
>
> I'm actually a very happy person. I simply don't have any tolerance for
> someone who constantly plays the martyr. Oh dear, what can the matter be?

You do not come across as happy. You come across as bitter.