Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken and wild rice soup

On 2016-02-04 11:52 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I would absolutely refuse to cook two or three different meals in one
> day on the off chance they might like something. (She mentioned mac &
> cheese with kielbasa, which HE refused to eat, and something else and
> something else which her daughter wouldn't eat)

Bovine's cheering section are a little challenged themselves and they
live in a world of denial about the woman's mental issues. Don't be too
quick to believe anything she says about them because has a history of
lying about things. Some time back she wrote about the frustration of
having her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I
can't say I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she
denied having written it. Then there is the question of her claiming
to be a writer, claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said
that she was a writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had
been a writer. There are credibility issues.

> Nope, I'm not running a cafeteria. Fix something for yourself.

That would be the attitude of a sane person.

> I'm actually a very happy person. I simply don't have any tolerance for
> someone who constantly plays the martyr. Oh dear, what can the matter be?

Yep, and it doesn't help much if most or all of the story is a fabrication.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:59:10 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:
> "Roy" > wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 10:20:58 PM UTC-7, Bruce wrote:

> >> What happens if I don't "stay out of the fray"?

> >> Who's we? Why are you trolling me?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce

> > You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself against
> > her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
> > You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
> > =====

> You can honestly say that after seeing the way she behaves????

I would say that she is no worse or better than others on this forum...but I get along with her just fine...as far as I know.
Your buddy Bruce on the other hand likes to poke his nose in just for the devil of it and I believe just to stir things up...a true TROLL, I believe.
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:20:06 -0800 (PST), Roy >
wrote:

>On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:59:10 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:

>> > You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself against
>> > her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
>> > You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
>> > =====

>> You can honestly say that after seeing the way she behaves????
>>

>I would say that she is no worse or better than others on this forum...but I get along with her just fine...as far as I know.

So did I for a while, or so I thought...

>Your buddy Bruce on the other hand likes to poke his nose in just for the devil of it and I believe just to stir things up...a true TROLL, I believe.

but when she turns on me and becomes nasty all around, I can let rip
too I don't see why that makes ME a troll.

I suggest you stop poking your nose into this and quit stirring things
up. That was very trolly of you.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:45:41 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

snip

>ObFood: I suck at frying fish (as for fish and chips) but I'm gonna
>try one more time.
>
>-sw

what are you trying for? Lightly browned fish that is cooked
perfectly? Fish with a heavy , golden crust? What kind of fish, salt
water or fresh water?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 9:54:39 PM UTC-6, Sky wrote:
> On 2/1/2016 8:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
> > some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
> > came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
> > would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
> > really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
> > dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
> > It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
> > before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
> >

> "Canned" wild rice?? "dried" wild rice? Why the heck would anything
> dried be canned? "Black colored" wild rice ??? What other sort of "wild
> rice" is there other than "black" ? As usual - bovie is clueless.
>
> Sky <-- who has several pounds of (dried) "wild rice" in her pantry! and
> not in any cans!

Julie's daughter should hate her for allowing her to become an obese whale.

If Angela were to kill Julie, all Lizzie Borden style, she could use a
neglected child defense, and perhaps be sentenced to prison only until
menopause, when the gene pool will be safe from Julie's turdlets.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-02-04 11:52 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I would absolutely refuse to cook two or three different meals in one
>> day on the off chance they might like something. (She mentioned mac &
>> cheese with kielbasa, which HE refused to eat, and something else and
>> something else which her daughter wouldn't eat)

> Bovine's cheering section are a little challenged themselves and they live
> in a world of denial about the woman's mental issues. Don't be too quick
> to believe anything she says about them because has a history of lying
> about things. Some time back she wrote about the frustration of having
> her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I can't say
> I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she denied having
> written it. Then there is the question of her claiming to be a writer,
> claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said that she was a
> writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had been a writer.
> There are credibility issues.

No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not* what
I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
restaurants on his way home. He did once go out for Pho and didn't bother
to tell me that he was going to. That was many years ago.

I also didn't do what you said about the writing. I did actually help
someone write some things the other day. I was asked. I have plenty of
things I have written on my computer and I am a published author, both in
hard copy print and on the Internet. I am not currently writing anything
nor I am seeking publication.

That whole idiotic writing saga came about from a smart remark that I made
to someone who claimed that I was only a persona and not real. I then
retorted something to the effect of that since I was a writer, if I were
going to create a persona, I would certainly have created something more
exciting than the person that I really am. Don't quote me on that. That
too was many years ago.

Why you and some others hang on to some of my words and won't let them go is
beyond me. I feel like your lives must be like the movie Groundhog Day
where the people re-live the same day over and over again.

Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here being in
this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since we
moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs, two being not in
this state. And he was also sent to another state when he was living here
to help with a disaster. Oh, he was sent to Canada a few times here. Just
imagine all the diffferent schedules he would have had with all of those
different jobs. That's just one aspect of my life. There are many others.
Despite what some people here say, I don't speak of every aspect of my life
here.

Yes, I do complain sometimes. People do tend to do it. And what happens if
I am not complaining? If I am praising some food or a store that sells food
or even a recipe I have made? I get grief for it. So at least here on this
newsgroup, I can not win.

You come across as being every bit as bitter as Jill. I just can't fathom
how you two could possibly see yourselves as happy people. Or perhaps you
are only happy when you are taking pot shots at others? Dunno. But it's
not worth my time trying to figure that out.

>> Nope, I'm not running a cafeteria. Fix something for yourself.

> That would be the attitude of a sane person.

Oh? When did you get your psyche degree? I don't mind making different
meals. A lot of people don't mind. That doesn't make us insane. Perhaps
that just makes us flexible or even happy! Yes, happy! I used to look
forward to going to see my in-laws because it allowed me to cook almost
around the clock for several days. I looked up recipes ahead of time and
brought them with me. I remembered people's food likes, dislikes and
issues. Some family members were on special diets. I liked doing this.
And they liked my cooking.

Now I suppose if I lived in that area and I was expected to cook for that
number of people every day, things would be different. This is one reason
why I never took a job in the food industry. People used to order cakes,
cookies and candy from me. Not a lot of people, but a few did and I happily
supplied them, most of the time. This was something I could do when I
wanted to do it. And that worked for me. But if I had spend every day
making chocolates or decorating cakes, I know I would get burned out on it
rather quickly. Same thing applies to arts and crafts. Another thing I
enjoy but I prefer to enjoy it as a hobby. No offense meant to those who do
work in the food industry. We're all different. I have a friend who works
in a bakery and she loves it!

>> I'm actually a very happy person. I simply don't have any tolerance for
>> someone who constantly plays the martyr. Oh dear, what can the matter
>> be?

> Yep, and it doesn't help much if most or all of the story is a
> fabrication.

I hardly think I am playing the martyr. Nope. Just looked up the
definition of the word in case I missed something. Doesn't apply to me. I
have noticed an extreme lack of a sense of humor by some people here though.
Including you Dave. Like when some years ago I posted about my buying what
turned out to be a giant potato masher. I posted of it because I thought it
was hysterically funny when I wrestled the thing out of the box. I had
never seen such a large thing before and it truly did strike me as funny. I
wasn't complaining about it and was poking fun at myself for having not
realized the proportions when I bought it. But you didn't see the humor at
all. You just had to be mean to me about it. It would suck to be you Dave.
Thankfully I'm not you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:18:45 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Some time back she wrote about the frustration of
>> having her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I
>> can't say I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she
>> denied having written it. Then there is the question of her claiming
>> to be a writer, claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said
>> that she was a writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had
>> been a writer. There are credibility issues.

> Don't forget the web page she composed that she said wasn't hers.

That's wrong too. You people keep twisting what I have said. I did have a
website some years ago. Bryan somehow dredged up an old page from that
defunct site. Yes, I composed it many years ago. It had old information on
it. I didn't even know that it still exsisted. That happens a lot on the
Internet. What I said was that I was not running a website. And I was not
and still am not. We have Facebook now. I use that. I have no need for a
website.

> ObFood: I suck at frying fish (as for fish and chips) but I'm gonna
> try one more time.
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YhR...121A0BF793B167

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2016 8:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I hardly think I am playing the martyr. Nope. Just looked up the
> definition of the word in case I missed something. Doesn't apply to
> me.

Oh good, you used a dictionary!

> I have noticed an extreme lack of a sense of humor by some people
> here though. Including you Dave. Like when some years ago I posted
> about my buying what turned out to be a giant potato masher. I posted
> of it because I thought it was hysterically funny when I wrestled the
> thing out of the box. I had never seen such a large thing before and it
> truly did strike me as funny. I wasn't complaining about it and was
> poking fun at myself for having not realized the proportions when I
> bought it. But you didn't see the humor at all. You just had to be
> mean to me about it. It would suck to be you Dave. Thankfully I'm not you.

Damn! I missed the post about the big giant potato masher.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MisterDiddyWahDiddy" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 9:54:39 PM UTC-6, Sky wrote:
>> On 2/1/2016 8:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>> > some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>> > came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>> > would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>> > really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that
>> > comes
>> > dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>> > It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or
>> > so
>> > before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
>> >

>> "Canned" wild rice?? "dried" wild rice? Why the heck would anything
>> dried be canned? "Black colored" wild rice ??? What other sort of "wild
>> rice" is there other than "black" ? As usual - bovie is clueless.
>>
>> Sky <-- who has several pounds of (dried) "wild rice" in her pantry! and
>> not in any cans!
>>

> Julie's daughter should hate her for allowing her to become an obese
> whale.
>
> If Angela were to kill Julie, all Lizzie Borden style, she could use a
> neglected child defense, and perhaps be sentenced to prison only until
> menopause, when the gene pool will be safe from Julie's turdlets.

And back into the kill file you go, you freaking sicko.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-04 9:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/4/2016 8:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I hardly think I am playing the martyr. Nope. Just looked up the
>> definition of the word in case I missed something. Doesn't apply to
>> me.

> Oh good, you used a dictionary!
>
>> I have noticed an extreme lack of a sense of humor by some people
>> here though. Including you Dave. Like when some years ago I posted
>> about my buying what turned out to be a giant potato masher. I posted
>> of it because I thought it was hysterically funny when I wrestled the
>> thing out of the box. I had never seen such a large thing before and it
>> truly did strike me as funny. I wasn't complaining about it and was
>> poking fun at myself for having not realized the proportions when I
>> bought it. But you didn't see the humor at all. You just had to be
>> mean to me about it. It would suck to be you Dave. Thankfully I'm not
>> you.

> Damn! I missed the post about the big giant potato masher.

I have no idea what she is talking about there. However, I am wondering
why she is replying to me. She said a long time ago that she had
filtered me. That as not stopped her from replying to my posts, not
surprising since she thrive on the attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:18:00 -0800 (PST), MisterDiddyWahDiddy
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 9:54:39 PM UTC-6, Sky wrote:
>> On 2/1/2016 8:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > It's what's for dinner and boy does it smell good! I actually found
>> > some canned wild rice online at Walmart and yes, I bought a case. It
>> > came highly rated. I actually haven't had to use it yet. I figured I
>> > would save it for some time when I was too sick or weak or whatever or
>> > really needed a fast meal. I am using the black colored kind that comes
>> > dried and takes close to an hour to cook. I just finished off the bag.
>> > It's good. I've had it before. I think I have another 10 minutes or so
>> > before I can dish it up but my does it smell good!
>> >

>> "Canned" wild rice?? "dried" wild rice? Why the heck would anything
>> dried be canned? "Black colored" wild rice ??? What other sort of "wild
>> rice" is there other than "black" ? As usual - bovie is clueless.
>>
>> Sky <-- who has several pounds of (dried) "wild rice" in her pantry! and
>> not in any cans!
>>

>Julie's daughter should hate her for allowing her to become an obese whale.
>
>If Angela were to kill Julie, all Lizzie Borden style, she could use a
>neglected child defense, and perhaps be sentenced to prison only until
>menopause, when the gene pool will be safe from Julie's turdlets.

Nah. I'm thinking some inconsequential little turd like you must lead
an exceptionally boring life to find that somehow satisfying to say.
That much is self-evident.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 21:33:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 2/4/2016 8:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I have noticed an extreme lack of a sense of humor by some people
>>> here though. Including you Dave. Like when some years ago I posted
>>> about my buying what turned out to be a giant potato masher. I posted
>>> of it because I thought it was hysterically funny when I wrestled the
>>> thing out of the box. I had never seen such a large thing before and it
>>> truly did strike me as funny. I wasn't complaining about it and was
>>> poking fun at myself for having not realized the proportions when I
>>> bought it. But you didn't see the humor at all. You just had to be
>>> mean to me about it. It would suck to be you Dave. Thankfully I'm not
>>> you.

>> Damn! I missed the post about the big giant potato masher.

> I missed that one, too. I wonder if it really happened and if a big
> deal was made out of it.

It happened. It was this.

https://www.lehmans.com/p-282-giant-potato-masher.aspx

I see now that it is referred to as "giant". I don't remember that in the
description when I bought it, which was probably around 10 years ago. I did
not check the size when I ordered it. I just liked the looks of the mashing
part. I was having a hard time at that point in time, finding one that had
a metal mashing part and one with no plastic handle. My OXO Good Grips had
failed me. The handle got mushy. And it seemed that all I could find in
the brick and mortar stores at that point in time either had the zig zagging
shape which I hate, or was made entirely of plastic, which I also hate. I'm
sure this would be good for a family like the Duggars but it was too big for
me. In fact, in order to wield the thing, I had to put my pan on the floor.
That's what I found comical. It is a good masher. Just not what a small
family would need.

> I think Julie is trying to use this one example, from what - 5 years
> ago - ads an example of her sense of humor and our lack of it. I
> think in all the time I've been here I've heard Julie use humor maybe
> 4 times. She *is* the class clown, but in the non-traditional way.

Pretty sure this goes back further than 5 years. And maybe it was one of
those things where you had to have been there to appreciate it. But bottom
line, nobody here seemed to see it as funny and they only saw me as being
stupid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-02-04 9:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 2/4/2016 8:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I hardly think I am playing the martyr. Nope. Just looked up the
>>> definition of the word in case I missed something. Doesn't apply to
>>> me.

>> Oh good, you used a dictionary!
>>
>>> I have noticed an extreme lack of a sense of humor by some people
>>> here though. Including you Dave. Like when some years ago I posted
>>> about my buying what turned out to be a giant potato masher. I posted
>>> of it because I thought it was hysterically funny when I wrestled the
>>> thing out of the box. I had never seen such a large thing before and it
>>> truly did strike me as funny. I wasn't complaining about it and was
>>> poking fun at myself for having not realized the proportions when I
>>> bought it. But you didn't see the humor at all. You just had to be
>>> mean to me about it. It would suck to be you Dave. Thankfully I'm not
>>> you.

>> Damn! I missed the post about the big giant potato masher.
>>

> I have no idea what she is talking about there. However, I am wondering
> why she is replying to me. She said a long time ago that she had filtered
> me. That as not stopped her from replying to my posts, not surprising
> since she thrive on the attention.

I well remember how you responded to the potato masher post. You were not
nice at all. I didn't make the post because I was looking for sympathy. I
just thought that the giant potato masher was hysterically funny! I guess
that humor was lost on everyone else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:43:10 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Don't forget the web page she composed that she said wasn't hers.

>> That's wrong too. You people keep twisting what I have said. I did have
>> website some years ago. Bryan somehow dredged up an old page from that
>> defunct site. Yes, I composed it many years ago. It had old information
>> on
>> it. I didn't even know that it still exsisted. That happens a lot on
>> the
>> Internet. What I said was that I was not running a website. And I was
>> not
>> and still am not. We have Facebook now. I use that. I have no need for
>> website.

> You said it wasn't your website. Loud and clear. And you said it
> Many Multiple(tm) times.

I said repeatedly that I had no website at that point in time. And I did
not! I never denied that I used to have a website. I put up my first
website in 1998. I have had several versions since then, but none in recent
years. I also checked my account and even contacted Frontier and there was
no website listed with them. Nothing listed under my account and they also
found nothing. I wound up having to involve my brother, a computer
programmer into it and he was somehow able to track it down and delete it.
It was an entirely unnecessary thing and a complete waste of his time. The
whole incident seriously ticked me off.

As I said repeatedly, it was old information and why Bryan even bothered to
look for it is beyond me. Then the fact that people continued to comment on
it was was even more beyond me. You people need better things to do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:59:10 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:

>> > You don't even know Jill or much about her but you ally yourself
>> > against
>> > her on this public users group just to cause disruption.
>> > You are a feces disturber and WE all know it.
>> > =====

>> You can honestly say that after seeing the way she behaves????
>>

> I would say that she is no worse or better than others on this forum...but
> I get along with her just fine...as far as I know.
> Your buddy Bruce on the other hand likes to poke his nose in just for the
> devil of it and I believe just to stir things up...a true TROLL, I
> believe.
> =====

Then we must agree to disagree.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> > On 2016-02-04 11:52 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I would absolutely refuse to cook two or three different meals in one
> >> day on the off chance they might like something. (She mentioned mac &
> >> cheese with kielbasa, which HE refused to eat, and something else and
> >> something else which her daughter wouldn't eat)

> > Bovine's cheering section are a little challenged themselves and they live
> > in a world of denial about the woman's mental issues. Don't be too quick
> > to believe anything she says about them because has a history of lying
> > about things. Some time back she wrote about the frustration of having
> > her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I can't say
> > I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she denied having
> > written it. Then there is the question of her claiming to be a writer,
> > claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said that she was a
> > writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had been a writer.
> > There are credibility issues.

> No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not* what
> I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
> restaurants on his way home.

Then you lied about him, here on rfc.

> I also didn't do what you said about the writing.

Yes, you did.

> Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here

being in
> this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since we
> moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs,

Pretty amazing; according to YOUR posts here, he retired from the
military because of disability and still is disabled.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-05 9:41 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...

>>> Bovine's cheering section are a little challenged themselves and they live
>>> in a world of denial about the woman's mental issues. Don't be too quick
>>> to believe anything she says about them because has a history of lying
>>> about things. Some time back she wrote about the frustration of having
>>> her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I can't say
>>> I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she denied having
>>> written it. Then there is the question of her claiming to be a writer,
>>> claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said that she was a
>>> writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had been a writer.
>>> There are credibility issues.

>> No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not* what
>> I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
>> restaurants on his way home.

> Then you lied about him, here on rfc.

Yes indeed. Either he stopped in restaurants on the way home, as she had
posted, or she lied about when posted that he did. One or the other is a
lie, and since she was the one who posted that he did she is lying now.

>> I also didn't do what you said about the writing.

> Yes, you did.

Yes indeed. It was not that long ago that we discussed her having posted
that she was a writer. When she denied that she had claimed to be a
writer someone dug into the archives and pulled out several of her old
posts where she said that she was a writer. So she was lying when she
said that she was a writer or else she lied when she said she never
claimed to have been one. She said she didn't remember saying that, but
since that proof was posted her just a few months ago it is difficult to
deny. That seems not to deter our resident pathological liar from
blatantly lying once again.

>> Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here

> being in
>> this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since we
>> moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs,

> Pretty amazing; according to YOUR posts here, he retired from the
> military because of disability and still is disabled.

Was it not just within the last couple of years that she said he
"retired" from the military. Seven jobs in that short time ? Not a good
employment record. I would not expect much from a guy who can't even
manage to do a little grocery shopping for himself.

Julie should check herself into a hospital for two weeks and maybe the
husband and daughter will starve to death.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-05 10:13 AM, sf wrote:

> Maybe he is disabled and maybe he found jobs where the disability
> isn't an issue. Carol S is retired and has a disability/bad back, but
> she also has a job. I don't know what he did in the service, but
> Seattle is a tech hub so it's shouldn't be too hard to find an office
> job punching a keyboard if he's qualified. He was working back East
> for a while, so 7 different jobs in (let's say) 10 years is a good
> indication that he's probably not very easy to work with.

It sure hasn't been ten years. Add his inability to manage something as
simple as picking up a few groceries to his inability to hold a job and
she has painted a picture of someone who is stupid and unreliable.
Or.... she could have been lying about all that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, says...

>> > Bovine's cheering section are a little challenged themselves and they
>> > live
>> > in a world of denial about the woman's mental issues. Don't be too
>> > quick
>> > to believe anything she says about them because has a history of lying
>> > about things. Some time back she wrote about the frustration of having
>> > her husband stopping to eat at restaurants on the way home. I can't
>> > say
>> > I would blame him, but when that story was brought up she denied having
>> > written it. Then there is the question of her claiming to be a
>> > writer,
>> > claiming not to be a writer, claiming she never said that she was a
>> > writer, then saying she didn't remember saying she had been a writer.
>> > There are credibility issues.

>> No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not*
>> what
>> I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
>> restaurants on his way home.

> Then you lied about him, here on rfc.
>

>> I also didn't do what you said about the writing.

> Yes, you did.
>

>> Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here

> being in
>> this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since we
>> moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs,

> Pretty amazing; according to YOUR posts here, he retired from the
> military because of disability and still is disabled.

Liar! He is disabled. He got the disability *when* he retired. That would
be at 30 years which is pretty much forced retirement. They do seem to make
exceptions for really high up people like Generals and such but for most
military people, 30 years is as long as their military career could be.
They were actually encouraging early retirement and many did take them up on
it. And the rest of what you wrote are lies too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:41:30 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>
>> In article >, says...
>> >

>> > No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not*
>> > what
>> > I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
>> > restaurants on his way home.

>> Then you lied about him, here on rfc.
>>

> I remember something about him eating before he got home. Maybe he
> stopped at KFC.

He stopped for Pho. That stop happened once. Once.

I don't know why you would mention KFC. There isn't one around here and in
the entire 20 years we have been married, we have only had food from there
twice. In once instance, we were to meet his cousin for golf in the parking
lot of the KFC. We got there early and it was hot outside. We went in and
got drinks. I don't think we ate there. And I got it once in Alameda
because I thought that my parents liked the food. They did not.

I think there were other times when he went out with some people at work or
stayed late and did not bother to tell me that he was doing this. So I made
dinner and he wasn't here to eat it but that was years ago. Last night he
didn't bother to tell me that he was out on a ship so didn't come home when
I expected him to but he did eat dinner here.

> <snip>
>>

>> > Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here

>> being in
>> > this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since
>> > we
>> > moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs,

>> Pretty amazing; according to YOUR posts here, he retired from the
>> military because of disability and still is disabled.
>>

> Maybe he is disabled and maybe he found jobs where the disability
> isn't an issue. Carol S is retired and has a disability/bad back, but
> she also has a job. I don't know what he did in the service, but
> Seattle is a tech hub so it's shouldn't be too hard to find an office
> job punching a keyboard if he's qualified. He was working back East
> for a while, so 7 different jobs in (let's say) 10 years is a good
> indication that he's probably not very easy to work with.

He is considered disabled through the military which is not the same thing
as SSDI. Prior to retirement they are given a physical and this determines
how much money they will get per month based on whatever maladies might be
there. Part of his disability is hearing loss and that was directly related
to his job in the military. He did radar in the service, among other things
and that is what he was recently doing. Same job as before but as a
civilian. Now it is something different. It involves teaching but I don't
know exactly what.

The only reason he had 7 different jobs is because he was bettering himself
each time. One job was a poorly paying part time one but it was the only
job he could find in this area. Jobs are hard to come by here. And he
needed something after he retired because the VA was muchly delayed in
paying him the money he owed him. While still in the military, he moved to
Petaluma while Angela and I remained here. We own this house and we didn't
want to move back to CA. He was working at a school there.

After the poorly paying job, he moved to NY. It was the job that he wanted.
Just not the location. There he hooked up with the marine company that
allowed him to move back here. They needed someone that was familiar with
the waterways here, in TX, CA and NY. He did like the job but it was very
stressful and he really had no time off. He was on call 24/7 all the time,
even at home. But it did allow him to live here.

He knew there would be an opening where he used to work. He just had to
wait until someone died or retired. And then that happened and he got that
job. And I won't get into all of this but in the military, even in the
various civilian jobs there are different pay scales. To dumb this down,
this job was at a lower level and he was seeking a higher one. Which I
think he now has but it is doing a different thing which is teaching.

You are making it sound like he got fired or something. He didn't. He was
in the military for 30 years and when you are in the military, you are
required to move and you don't necessarily have a choice as to what job they
give you. You just do as you are told.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-02-05 10:13 AM, sf wrote:
>
>> Maybe he is disabled and maybe he found jobs where the disability
>> isn't an issue. Carol S is retired and has a disability/bad back, but
>> she also has a job. I don't know what he did in the service, but
>> Seattle is a tech hub so it's shouldn't be too hard to find an office
>> job punching a keyboard if he's qualified. He was working back East
>> for a while, so 7 different jobs in (let's say) 10 years is a good
>> indication that he's probably not very easy to work with.
>>

> It sure hasn't been ten years. Add his inability to manage something as
> simple as picking up a few groceries to his inability to hold a job and
> she has painted a picture of someone who is stupid and unreliable. Or....
> she could have been lying about all that.

WTF are you talking about? Since we have been married, he was only
unemployed for perhaps a week or two and that was following his retirement
of 30 years of service in the military. What did you expect him to do? Get
from NY to here instantly and have an instant job waiting for him?

Before going into the military he not only worked but had his own business.
It was a hot dog cart and he was a teen. He went into the military at age
19. He has always worked and was never fired from anything. You people are
pathetic!

Aren't you retired Dave? And you don't work. He's retired and he *is*
working. So not only will he still get his military retirement but most
likely an additional pension to boot. And you act like he is lazy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-02-05 9:41 AM, Janet wrote:

>>> No Dave. *You* have credibility issues. That most assuredly is *not*
>>> what
>>> I said. My husband never had a period of time where he stopped at
>>> restaurants on his way home.

>> Then you lied about him, here on rfc.

> Yes indeed. Either he stopped in restaurants on the way home, as she had
> posted, or she lied about when posted that he did. One or the other is a
> lie, and since she was the one who posted that he did she is lying now.
>

>>> I also didn't do what you said about the writing.

>> Yes, you did.

> Yes indeed. It was not that long ago that we discussed her having posted
> that she was a writer. When she denied that she had claimed to be a
> writer someone dug into the archives and pulled out several of her old
> posts where she said that she was a writer. So she was lying when she said
> that she was a writer or else she lied when she said she never claimed to
> have been one. She said she didn't remember saying that, but since that
> proof was posted her just a few months ago it is difficult to deny. That
> seems not to deter our resident pathological liar from blatantly lying
> once again.
>

>>> Now let me see... We have been here for about 11.5 years now. Here

>> being in
>>> this house in Bothell. My husband has retired from the military since
>>> we
>>> moved back here and has held a total of 7 different jobs,

>> Pretty amazing; according to YOUR posts here, he retired from the
>> military because of disability and still is disabled.
>>

> Was it not just within the last couple of years that she said he "retired"
> from the military. Seven jobs in that short time ? Not a good employment
> record. I would not expect much from a guy who can't even manage to do a
> little grocery shopping for himself.
>
> Julie should check herself into a hospital for two weeks and maybe the
> husband and daughter will starve to death.

Dave, I don't like to say this but it does seem to apply to you. You are
****ed in the head. That's got to be what it is. Got to be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/3/2016 11:07 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 20:09:20 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> *******o! Ask me if I care what she calls me. She writes such long
>>> discourses it is difficult to figure out the point. It's sometimes
>>> amusing to try to discern it.
>>>
>>> I focused on the canned wild rice because I'd never heard of it. I've
>>> cooked a lot of wild rice in my lifetime. Casseroles, soups. None of
>>> the wild rice came out of a can.
>>>
>>> The mind boggles!
>>>
>>> It's just another one of those situations where she bought a case of
>>> something she never tried. She has no idea whether or not she'll like
>>> it. Any guesses? LOL
>>>
>>> She already stated her husband and daughter won't eat wild rice.
>>>
>>> I can't wait for the next installment of 'The Canned Wild Rice' saga.

>> Why are you showing your real face lately? It's not a pretty sight,
>> you know.

> Nope. Not pretty at all.

Bove should check her own FB profile photo before calling someone else
"not pretty" - what irony.

Sky

--

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/5/2016 9:17 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-02-05 10:13 AM, sf wrote:
>
>> Maybe he is disabled and maybe he found jobs where the disability
>> isn't an issue. Carol S is retired and has a disability/bad back, but
>> she also has a job. I don't know what he did in the service, but
>> Seattle is a tech hub so it's shouldn't be too hard to find an office
>> job punching a keyboard if he's qualified. He was working back East
>> for a while, so 7 different jobs in (let's say) 10 years is a good
>> indication that he's probably not very easy to work with.
>>

> It sure hasn't been ten years. Add his inability to manage something as
> simple as picking up a few groceries to his inability to hold a job and
> she has painted a picture of someone who is stupid and unreliable.
> Or.... she could have been lying about all that.

Bove comes across as a pathological liar. Much easier to 'lie' than it
is to tell the (sad) truth -- however, it's far more simple to remember
the 'truth' than it is to keep track of all her apparent and alleged lies.

Sky

--

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/5/2016 2:30 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> That's wrong too. You people keep twisting what I have said. I
>>> did have a website some years ago. Bryan somehow dredged up an
>>> old page from that defunct site. Yes, I composed it many years
>>> ago. It had old information on it. I didn't even know that it
>>> still exsisted. That happens a lot on the Internet. What I said
>>> was that I was not running a website. And I was not and still am
>>> not. We have Facebook now. I use that. I have no need for a
>>> website.

>> You said it wasn't your website. Loud and clear. And you said it
>> Many Multiple(tm) times.

> I said repeatedly that I had no website at that point in time. And I
> did not! I never denied that I used to have a website. I put up my
> first website in 1998. I have had several versions since then, but
> none in recent years. I also checked my account and even contacted
> Frontier and there was no website listed with them. Nothing listed
> under my account and they also found nothing. I wound up having to
> involve my brother, a computer programmer into it and he was somehow
> able to track it down and delete it. It was an entirely unnecessary
> thing and a complete waste of his time. The whole incident seriously
> ticked me off.
>
> As I said repeatedly, it was old information and why Bryan even
> bothered to look for it is beyond me. Then the fact that people
> continued to comment on it was was even more beyond me. You people
> need better things to do.

Bove is caught yet again in another of her multiple evolutions of lies
--- she said, she didn't say, she said she didn't say, but yet she said
she did -- yeesh - can anyone keep track, even bove?! Just remember,
bove comes across as a pathological liar. She "writes" stories, then
makes up more stories why the original stories weren't correct, ad
nauseum, etc. !!!! There definitely should be no surprise bove cannot
"remember" of what she says she said or didn't say, but said !!! Bove
often says she "can't remember" any or all detail(s). "Truth" is so much
easier to tell . . . and remember <G>.

Sky

--

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2/5/2016 2:30 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > You said it wasn't your website. Loud and clear. And you said it
> > > Many Multiple(tm) times.

> > I said repeatedly that I had no website at that point in time. And
> > I did not! I never denied that I used to have a website. I put up
> > my first website in 1998. I have had several versions since then,
> > but none in recent years. I also checked my account and even
> > contacted Frontier and there was no website listed with them.
> > Nothing listed under my account and they also found nothing. I
> > wound up having to involve my brother, a computer programmer into
> > it and he was somehow able to track it down and delete it. It was
> > an entirely unnecessary thing and a complete waste of his time.
> > The whole incident seriously ticked me off.
> >
> > As I said repeatedly, it was old information and why Bryan even
> > bothered to look for it is beyond me. Then the fact that people
> > continued to comment on it was was even more beyond me. You people
> > need better things to do.

> Bove is caught yet again in another of her multiple evolutions of lies
> --- she said, she didn't say, she said she didn't say, but yet she
> said she did -- yeesh - can anyone keep track, even bove?! Just
> remember, bove comes across as a pathological liar. She "writes"
> stories, then makes up more stories why the original stories weren't
> correct, ad nauseum, etc. !!!! There definitely should be no surprise
> bove cannot "remember" of what she says she said or didn't say, but
> said !!! Bove often says she "can't remember" any or all detail(s).
> "Truth" is so much easier to tell . . . and remember <G>.
>
> Sky

Sky, I am not sure if you came back just to bug Julie or if you were
bored.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-07 4:19 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sky wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I said repeatedly that I had no website at that point in time. And
>>> I did not! I never denied that I used to have a website. I put up
>>> my first website in 1998. I have had several versions since then,
>>> but none in recent years. I also checked my account and even
>>> contacted Frontier and there was no website listed with them.
>>> Nothing listed under my account and they also found nothing. I
>>> wound up having to involve my brother, a computer programmer into
>>> it and he was somehow able to track it down and delete it. It was
>>> an entirely unnecessary thing and a complete waste of his time.
>>> The whole incident seriously ticked me off.
>>>
>>> As I said repeatedly, it was old information and why Bryan even
>>> bothered to look for it is beyond me. Then the fact that people
>>> continued to comment on it was was even more beyond me. You people
>>> need better things to do.

>> Bove is caught yet again in another of her multiple evolutions of lies
>> --- she said, she didn't say, she said she didn't say, but yet she
>> said she did -- yeesh - can anyone keep track, even bove?! Just
>> remember, bove comes across as a pathological liar. She "writes"
>> stories, then makes up more stories why the original stories weren't
>> correct, ad nauseum, etc. !!!! There definitely should be no surprise
>> bove cannot "remember" of what she says she said or didn't say, but
>> said !!! Bove often says she "can't remember" any or all detail(s).
>> "Truth" is so much easier to tell . . . and remember <G>.
>>
>> Sky

> Sky, I am not sure if you came back just to bug Julie or if you were
> bored.

She is just pointing out the truth, the fact that Julie posts lies and
later denies the posting those lies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2016-02-07 4:19 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Sky wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Bove is caught yet again in another of her multiple evolutions of lies
>>> --- she said, she didn't say, she said she didn't say, but yet she
>>> said she did -- yeesh - can anyone keep track, even bove?! Just
>>> remember, bove comes across as a pathological liar. She "writes"
>>> stories, then makes up more stories why the original stories weren't
>>> correct, ad nauseum, etc. !!!! There definitely should be no surprise
>>> bove cannot "remember" of what she says she said or didn't say, but
>>> said !!! Bove often says she "can't remember" any or all detail(s).
>>> "Truth" is so much easier to tell . . . and remember <G>.
>>>
>>> Sky

>> Sky, I am not sure if you came back just to bug Julie or if you were
>> bored.
>>

> She is just pointing out the truth, the fact that Julie posts lies and
> later denies the posting those lies.

Wrong.

Member

Tons of wild rice soup recipes I've been trying
https://wildrice.com/blogs/wild-rice...e-soup-recipes