Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wine Dinner last night

We went to another wine dinner at the Inn At Woodstock Hill,
It was excellent, as expected.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=ayrfaxcab

If the link does not work, click on events here
http://www.woodstockhill.com/events.htm

Last night was our second wine dinner, but it will not be the last.
Great food, nicely paired wines, nice group of people. They seat 8
people to a table so there is always good conversation too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/28/16 8:14 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> We went to another wine dinner at the Inn At Woodstock Hill,
> It was excellent, as expected.
> Last night was our second wine dinner, but it will not be the last.
> Great food, nicely paired wines, nice group of people. They seat 8
> people to a table so there is always good conversation too.

Nice straight-forward menu and wines, except for the Bailey's with
dessert. Where did that come from? The theme fairly screamed out for an
eiswine.

The social aspect is key, IMO. we belong to four dining groups, all
offshoots of our tennis club. Between those monthly group dinners and
one or two wine dinners a month, all our meals away from home are pretty
well scheduled.

Tomorrow we have a three-course Piatelli wine luncheon at one of our
favorite Sarasota restaurants, with a very creative Moroccan chef. The
wines are generally provided by a local distributor whose representative
runs the show. The menu is at http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/.

Anyway, glad you've discovered these events. They are a lot of fun,
especially if you can find events which serve two wines with each course
and challenge your tasting abilities a bit.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/29/2016 8:52 AM, pltrgyst wrote:

> The social aspect is key, IMO. we belong to four dining groups, all
> offshoots of our tennis club. Between those monthly group dinners and
> one or two wine dinners a month, all our meals away from home are pretty
> well scheduled.
>
> Tomorrow we have a three-course Piatelli wine luncheon at one of our
> favorite Sarasota restaurants, with a very creative Moroccan chef. The
> wines are generally provided by a local distributor whose representative
> runs the show. The menu is at http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/.
>
> Anyway, glad you've discovered these events. They are a lot of fun,
> especially if you can find events which serve two wines with each course
> and challenge your tasting abilities a bit.
>
> -- Larry

If I was closer I'd join you for that menu.

I'm far from an expert but it is fun to learn some of the aspects of
different wines and interactions with food. Many red wines I'd tasted
were OK, but not great. Then I'd take a bite of a steak or lamb chop and
WOW, what a difference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29/01/2016 11:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/29/2016 8:52 AM, pltrgyst wrote:
>

>> The social aspect is key, IMO. we belong to four dining groups, all
>> offshoots of our tennis club. Between those monthly group dinners and
>> one or two wine dinners a month, all our meals away from home are pretty
>> well scheduled.
>>
>> Tomorrow we have a three-course Piatelli wine luncheon at one of our
>> favorite Sarasota restaurants, with a very creative Moroccan chef. The
>> wines are generally provided by a local distributor whose representative
>> runs the show. The menu is at http://www.mozaicsarasota.com/.
>>
>> Anyway, glad you've discovered these events. They are a lot of fun,
>> especially if you can find events which serve two wines with each course
>> and challenge your tasting abilities a bit.
>>
>> -- Larry
>>

> If I was closer I'd join you for that menu.
>
> I'm far from an expert but it is fun to learn some of the aspects of
> different wines and interactions with food. Many red wines I'd tasted
> were OK, but not great. Then I'd take a bite of a steak or lamb chop and
> WOW, what a difference.

I once opened a 2nd Growth Bordeaux when a friend came for dinner. When
opened, it seemed a bit "thin" but after 30 minutes it went beautifully
with the lamb chops. We then had some 3yr old cheddar to finish the
bottle and WOW doesn't begin to describe the experience.
Graham