Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Enchiladas much better the second day.

I know that some foods taste better on the second day but I have never
noticed this with enchiladas until now.

I made a pan of bean enchiladas. No recipe. Some big can of enchilada
sauce, Rosarita vegetarian refried beans, corn tortillas, green peppers and
white onion. I put a little chopped onion in with the beans. Beans were
the filling. Sauce underneath and on top. Peppers and onions on top of
that. Bake till hot and bubbly.

I don't normally even buy enchilada sauce. For me to have bought it, I must
have found some deal somewhere. Perhaps at the closing Safeway. Can't
remember. This was not something I had eaten before. And perhaps I had
intended to serve it to my husband because oh boy was it spicy hot! So much
so that I had difficulty eating these the first time around. I also noticed
that the flavors didn't blend. I could taste each ingredient but nothing
blended together.

But tonight? It's fine! Still a tad spicier than I would prefer but all in
all a very good dish. Odd how a night in the fridge can do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 10:19:45 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> I know that some foods taste better on the second day but I have never
> noticed this with enchiladas until now.
>
> I made a pan of bean enchiladas. No recipe. Some big can of enchilada
> sauce, Rosarita vegetarian refried beans, corn tortillas, green peppers and
> white onion. I put a little chopped onion in with the beans. Beans were
> the filling. Sauce underneath and on top. Peppers and onions on top of
> that. Bake till hot and bubbly.
>
> I don't normally even buy enchilada sauce. For me to have bought it, I must
> have found some deal somewhere. Perhaps at the closing Safeway. Can't
> remember. This was not something I had eaten before. And perhaps I had
> intended to serve it to my husband because oh boy was it spicy hot! So much
> so that I had difficulty eating these the first time around. I also noticed
> that the flavors didn't blend. I could taste each ingredient but nothing
> blended together.
>
> But tonight? It's fine! Still a tad spicier than I would prefer but all in
> all a very good dish. Odd how a night in the fridge can do that.

My brother used to say his chili wasn't finished until it had taken a ride through the freezer! I tended to agree, but I always ate a bowl of what I called nouveau chili, fresh after the cook before the freezer! So I know if the blending of flavors to which you refer.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2016 11:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> But tonight? It's fine! Still a tad spicier than I would prefer but
> all in all a very good dish. Odd how a night in the fridge can do that.

It's not necessarily the fridge that does it. It takes time for some
flavours to meld. Tomato sauce is a good example.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/26/2016 11:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> But tonight? It's fine! Still a tad spicier than I would prefer but
>> all in all a very good dish. Odd how a night in the fridge can do that.

> It's not necessarily the fridge that does it. It takes time for some
> flavours to meld. Tomato sauce is a good example.

I had just never noticed it before. Then again, I don't usually have
leftover enchiladas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/26/2016 11:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> But tonight? It's fine! Still a tad spicier than I would prefer but
>> all in all a very good dish. Odd how a night in the fridge can do that.

> It's not necessarily the fridge that does it. It takes time for some
> flavours to meld. Tomato sauce is a good example.
>
> Jill

Her post was clearly about the time - not the refrigeration. That was
obvious to any reasonable reader. Who would leave any food like that
out for a day?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2016 10:16 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:56:11 -0500, Alex wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not necessarily the fridge that does it. It takes time for some
>>> flavours to meld. Tomato sauce is a good example.

>> Her post was clearly about the time - not the refrigeration. That was
>> obvious to any reasonable reader. Who would leave any food like that
>> out for a day?

> I know a guy who keeps an open bag of Sargento shredded cheddar cheese
> in his car's glove box! :-)
>
> -sw

Yabbut... at what point did I suggest she leave the food sitting out
until the next day? I didn't. Alex is a very poor troll.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:56:11 -0500, Alex wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> It's not necessarily the fridge that does it. It takes time for some
>>> flavours to meld. Tomato sauce is a good example.

>> Her post was clearly about the time - not the refrigeration. That was
>> obvious to any reasonable reader. Who would leave any food like that
>> out for a day?

> I know a guy who keeps an open bag of Sargento shredded cheddar cheese
> in his car's glove box! :-)
>
> -sw

That's different. It's processed cheese and a bag only lasts a week!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:20:07 -0500, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> I know a guy who keeps an open bag of Sargento shredded cheddar cheese
>>> in his car's glove box! :-)

>> That's different. It's processed cheese and a bag only lasts a week!

> Sargento doesn't make any processed cheese. You're busted! :-)

Aren't they the ones who boast of real cheese? I just know they are
expensive. Not a brand I buy too often.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 19:20:07 -0500, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> I know a guy who keeps an open bag of Sargento shredded cheddar cheese
>>> in his car's glove box! :-)

>> That's different. It's processed cheese and a bag only lasts a week!

> Sargento doesn't make any processed cheese. You're busted! :-)
>
> -sw

It's still orange after 5-7 days. Works for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> That's different. It's processed cheese and a bag only lasts a week!

>> Sargento doesn't make any processed cheese. You're busted! :-)

> Aren't they the ones who boast of real cheese? I just know they are
> expensive. Not a brand I buy too often.

I guess, but it stays orange for quite a while. What brand do you keep
in your glove box? I'm open to suggestions! Until Taco Bell puts
enough cheese on their food, I'm forced to supplement it with my own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Sheldon shopping at Walmart:
> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:41:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Sheldon shopping at Walmart:
>> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

>oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

The lying dwarf got you... and you deserved it... I didn't click on
that link.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 20:05:57 -0500, Alex wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Sargento doesn't make any processed cheese. You're busted! :-)

>> It's still orange after 5-7 days. Works for me.

> I've seen shredded Sargento cheese at Walmart that is green and black
> and fuzzy, with 2 weeks left before it's expiration date. I don't
> know how Walmart manages to do shit like that.
>
> -sw

They don't store it in a glove compartment, obviously!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 12:21:43 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>> burritto breaks. In Texass an employee's response to ándale y
>> trabajar is mañana!

>Sheldon shopping at Walmart:
>http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

From Florida. Why does that not surprise me?

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:41:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

>oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

It could have been worse. At least that picture could be captioned
"Something Walmart that way goes".

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:41:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Sheldon shopping at Walmart:
> >> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

> >oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

> The lying dwarf got you... and you deserved it... I didn't click on
> that link.

Yeah right....I'll bet you did. ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>Gary wrote:

>> >oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

>> The lying dwarf got you... and you deserved it... I didn't click on
>> that link.

>Yeah right....I'll bet you did. ;-D

You'd be wrong. I've clicked through the people of Walmart list many
months ago, by the sixth pic it got boring.
Search <walmart dwarf> check the dwarf's faggot Crocks:
http://walmart-people.com/viewpicture?imageID=89
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/gary-the-giraffe/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/3/2016 11:58 PM, Opinicus wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:41:32 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/wild-wild-world/

>> oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

> It could have been worse. At least that picture could be captioned
> "Something Walmart that way goes".

Ray Bradbury fan, are ya? Should be "Something Walmart this way comes"

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Next search <walmart gary>:
> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/gary-the-giraffe/

LOL! It's the rare person that would shop at a store
wearing a giraffe suit.

I often see one lazy woman here walking her elementary school kid
to the bus stop in the morning (8am) wearing pajamas with
an overcoat on top. LOL! You just know that lazy turd will
be going back to bed as soon as the bus leaves.

;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2016 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:

> I often see one lazy woman here walking her elementary school kid
> to the bus stop in the morning (8am) wearing pajamas with
> an overcoat on top. LOL! You just know that lazy turd will
> be going back to bed as soon as the bus leaves.
>
> ;-D

At least she's walking her child to the bus stop. For all you know (do
you?!) she worked until midnight and had to get out of bed 5-6 hours
later to pack a lunch, get her child ready for school and walk her to
the bus stop. She'd certainly be entitled to go back to bed for a few
hours after that.

I wouldn't get all gussied up for a walk to the school bus stop, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 10:21:01 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> >> oh man. I wish I hadn't clicked on *that* ;0

> > It could have been worse. At least that picture could be captioned
> > "Something Walmart that way goes".
> >

> Ray Bradbury fan, are ya? Should be "Something Walmart this way comes"
>
> Jill

Shakespeare, actually. Macbeth, Act IV, Scene 1.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:
> On 2/4/2016 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> I often see one lazy woman here walking her elementary school kid
>> to the bus stop in the morning (8am) wearing pajamas with
>> an overcoat on top. LOL! You just know that lazy turd will
>> be going back to bed as soon as the bus leaves.
>>
>> ;-D
>>

> At least she's walking her child to the bus stop. For all you know (do
> you?!) she worked until midnight and had to get out of bed 5-6 hours
> later to pack a lunch, get her child ready for school and walk her to
> the bus stop. She'd certainly be entitled to go back to bed for a few
> hours after that.
>
> I wouldn't get all gussied up for a walk to the school bus stop, either.
>
> Jill

That could be me he's blathering about! Only it gets lazier...sometimes I
even drive my kid to the bus stop. Hey, it's cold and icy here and who
knows if the bus will arrive on time. What Gary doesn't know, is that
after I've walked/driven my child to the bus stop in my pajamas/loungewear,
I go home and get ready (very professionally) for my day at the office.
Unless I'm working from home that day, of course. What Gary also wouldn't
know by judging me by the apparel I wear to the bus stop is that I
frequently work 12-16 hour days. And sometimes even--in my pajamas! I'm
not going to get up an hour earlier just to avoid judgment at the bus stop.
My schedule is what my schedule is.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/4/2016 12:46 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 10:21:01 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> On 2/3/2016 11:58 PM, Opinicus wrote:
>>>
>>> It could have been worse. At least that picture could be captioned
>>> "Something Walmart that way goes".
>>>

>> Ray Bradbury fan, are ya? Should be "Something Walmart this way comes"
>>
>> Jill

> Shakespeare, actually. Macbeth, Act IV, Scene 1.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I didn't read Macbeth from cover to cover.

'Something Wicked This Way Comes' by Ray Bradbury was part one of an
anthology. I never said I read the entire series. I did find it
interesting.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Next search <walmart gary>:
>> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/gary-the-giraffe/

> LOL! It's the rare person that would shop at a store
> wearing a giraffe suit.
>
> I often see one lazy woman here walking her elementary school kid
> to the bus stop in the morning (8am) wearing pajamas with
> an overcoat on top. LOL! You just know that lazy turd will
> be going back to bed as soon as the bus leaves.
>
> ;-D

Maybe she works nights!

Enchiladas Tim Recipes 0 15-09-2005 10:52 AM
Enchiladas Exprophead Recipes (moderated) 0 06-12-2004 03:50 AM