Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default On WOOT today, looks really interesting

It looks like a Supercharged George Foreman grill. And the price is pretty amazingly low. Anyone have one of these or any experience with them??

http://www.woot.com/offers/t-fal-opt...454061#tracked
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 6:00:59 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
> It looks like a Supercharged George Foreman grill. And the price is pretty amazingly low. Anyone have one of these or any experience with them??
>
> http://www.woot.com/offers/t-fal-opt...454061#tracked

Contact grills work great for grilling steaks because they're fast and you don't get grease all over tarnation. They'll work fine for grilled sandwiches. Some people like removable grill plates but the ones I've had had fixed ones. What's important to me is getting an appliance that's able to achieve a high enough temperature. The main problem with these things is that you only get a cooking surface of around 100 sq in. That was enough for my family but maybe not larger ones. Here's the one I used to have and I'd recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach.../dp/B001AQEPMM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 6:00:59 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
>> It looks like a Supercharged George Foreman grill. And the price is pretty amazingly low. Anyone have one of these or any experience with them??
>>
>> http://www.woot.com/offers/t-fal-opt...454061#tracked

> Contact grills work great for grilling steaks because they're fast and you don't get grease all over tarnation. They'll work fine for grilled sandwiches. Some people like removable grill plates but the ones I've had had fixed ones. What's important to me is getting an appliance that's able to achieve a high enough temperature. The main problem with these things is that you only get a cooking surface of around 100 sq in. That was enough for my family but maybe not larger ones. Here's the one I used to have and I'd recommend it.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach.../dp/B001AQEPMM

Well priced!