General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 154
Default net carbs?

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?

--
Rich

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default net carbs?

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD
wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


It's a type 1 diabetes thing. They did the math so you don't need to.

--

sf
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Default net carbs?

Sqwertz wrote:
It's a term they invented



You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4



She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com


Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:


"The facebook group is much more pleasant."


But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!









  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 12:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Default net carbs?

Sqwertz wrote:
...minus THE carbohydrates from fiber...

-sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4



She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com


Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:


"The facebook group is much more pleasant."


But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!









  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 04:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 773
Default net carbs?

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:25:10 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD
wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


It's a type 1 diabetes thing. They did the math so you don't need to.

For some stupid reason, cellulose is included in the total carbohydrates
number, even though humans can't derive calories from it. "Net carbohydrates"
means total - fiber (and polyols). Thing is, polyols vary in their glycemic
impact. Only erythritol is almost completely inert.

sf


--Bryan


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 07:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,609
Default net carbs?


"sf" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD
wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


It's a type 1 diabetes thing. They did the math so you don't need to.

--

sf


No, it's not a type 1 diabetes thing. It means that fiber etc. has been
subtracted from the total.

Cheri

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 11:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default net carbs?

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 23:23:39 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:


"sf" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD
wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


It's a type 1 diabetes thing. They did the math so you don't need to.


No, it's not a type 1 diabetes thing. It means that fiber etc. has been
subtracted from the total.

Yes. I heard calculating carbs is what diabetics do when they are
managing their health and diet properly.

--

sf
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 12:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 46,011
Default net carbs?


"RichD" wrote in message
...
I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


Minus the fiber.

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,450
Default net carbs?

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 1:25:15 PM UTC-8, RichD wrote:
I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?

--
Rich


Net carbs mean the total digestible, usable carbs the body will process.
The undigestible carbs, like fiber, have been taken out of the carb count.

Net carbs are a way for people who must limit or choose to limit their carb consumption to calculate their daily intake of digestible carbohydrates.
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,185
Default net carbs?

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:53:53 AM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 1:25:15 PM UTC-8, RichD wrote:
I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?

--
Rich


Net carbs mean the total digestible, usable carbs the body will process.
The undigestible carbs, like fiber, have been taken out of the carb count.

Net carbs are a way for people who must limit or choose to limit their carb consumption to calculate their daily intake of digestible carbohydrates.


Not according to Bryan, who apparently want's to make evertyone think he knows a lot about chemistry, health and nutrition science, etc. by tossing out a few cool sounding words even though he has NO college degres or health/nutrition related licenses!!

John Kuthe...


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,627
Default net carbs?

On 1/8/2016 4:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
It's a term they invented

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4



She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com


Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:


"The facebook group is much more pleasant."


But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!









  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,627
Default net carbs?

On 1/8/2016 5:25 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 17:39:20 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


.. carbohydrates (in grams) minus that carbohydrates from fiber (in grams).


Correction:


You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4



She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com


Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:


"The facebook group is much more pleasant."


But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!









  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Default net carbs?

Sqwertz wrote:
fiber (in grams).

Correction:

**** off and die, woman-stalker.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."

-sw

"OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
baby carrots".

-sw

"Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."

-sw

I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
off-topic subjects.

-sw

Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.

-sw

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 252
Default net carbs?

Sqwertz wrote:
It's a term they invented for the Atkins and
other low-carb diets.

-sw

**** off and die, woman-stalker.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."

-sw

"OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
baby carrots".

-sw

"Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."

-sw

I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
off-topic subjects.

-sw

Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.

-sw

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,744
Default net carbs?


"Sqwertz" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:25:11 -0800 (PST), RichD wrote:

I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
grams net carbohydrates"

What does that mean?


It means the total carbohydrates (in grams) minus that carbohydrates
from fiber (in grams). It's a term they invented for the Atkins and
other low-carb diets.


It's a "term" used by diabetics to determine the glucose potential of the
carbs that are digestible. It is in fact a very important number.



---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eat those Carbs! The ADA says you should!! Janet Diabetic 53 07-11-2011 06:09 PM
Too many carbs! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 3 06-09-2011 05:14 AM
Carbs percy Diabetic 0 20-07-2008 01:32 AM
net carbs? Rob and Jami Diabetic 2 04-10-2004 09:02 PM
Good Carbs, Bad Carbs, And Cancer Steve Vegan 0 12-08-2004 05:31 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017