Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default net carbs?

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:53:53 AM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 1:25:15 PM UTC-8, RichD wrote:
> > I see granola energy bars, bearing the notice: "only 2
> > grams net carbohydrates"
> >
> > What does that mean?
> >
> > --
> > Rich

> Net carbs mean the total digestible, usable carbs the body will process.
> The undigestible carbs, like fiber, have been taken out of the carb count.
>
> Net carbs are a way for people who must limit or choose to limit their carb consumption to calculate their daily intake of digestible carbohydrates.

Not according to Bryan, who apparently want's to make evertyone think he knows a lot about chemistry, health and nutrition science, etc. by tossing out a few cool sounding words even though he has NO college degres or health/nutrition related licenses!!

John Kuthe...