Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dipping the Caramel Pecan Things!!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg

Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>
> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!

Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:09:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> >
> > Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> >

> Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
> She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
> The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

How did they make them?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>
> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>>
>> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
>
>John Kuthe...

Looks like lousy sci fi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> >>
> >> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> >I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
> >
> >John Kuthe...

> Looks like lousy sci fi

They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:04:29 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
>> >
>> >John Kuthe...

>> Looks like lousy sci fi

>They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
>John Kuthe...

I'm tawkin' photography... shoulda got closer, no need to see that
bowl of... you said it's "the best pic", it's a lousy pic. The most
important aspect of photography is *composition*... include only
what's apropos... if imprtant 'the bowl of' should have been in a
separate photo, and no one needs to see your furnishings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:14:43 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:04:29 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

> >> Looks like lousy sci fi

> >They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
> >John Kuthe...

> I'm tawkin' photography... shoulda got closer, no need to see that
> bowl of... you said it's "the best pic", it's a lousy pic. The most
> important aspect of photography is *composition*... include only
> what's apropos... if imprtant 'the bowl of' should have been in a
> separate photo, and no one needs to see your furnishings.

I like it! **** off ShelDUM!

John Kuthe....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:28:01 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:14:43 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:04:29 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > >They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
> > >John Kuthe...

> > I'm tawkin' photography... shoulda got closer, no need to see that
> > bowl of... you said it's "the best pic", it's a lousy pic. The most
> > important aspect of photography is *composition*... include only
> > what's apropos... if imprtant 'the bowl of' should have been in a
> > separate photo, and no one needs to see your furnishings.

> I like it! **** off ShelDUM!
>
> John Kuthe....

And besides, it's an action shot! Dipping Caramel Pecan Things. Yes you DO need a big ole bowl of melted dipping chocolate!! To dip Caramel Pecan Things!! That's what the pic is about.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>>
>> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new
> "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
>
> John Kuthe...

It is a good picture.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>> >I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new
>> >"digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
>> >
>> >John Kuthe...

>> Looks like lousy sci fi

> They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel
> Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

They look good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:04:29 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

>>> Looks like lousy sci fi

>>They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel
>>Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
>>John Kuthe...

> I'm tawkin' photography... shoulda got closer, no need to see that
> bowl of... you said it's "the best pic", it's a lousy pic. The most
> important aspect of photography is *composition*... include only
> what's apropos... if imprtant 'the bowl of' should have been in a
> separate photo, and no one needs to see your furnishings.

This coming from the guy with the infamous black plate. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 9:50:53 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:54:55 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:27:00 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

> >> Looks like lousy sci fi

> > They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are Caramel
> > Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> They look good.
>
> Cheri

They are! Pure caramel and pecan goodness! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 9:49:55 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:
> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> >>
> >> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> > I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my new
> > "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> It is a good picture.
>
> Cheri

Black plate? You talking about that pic of me naked sitting in my kayak's cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease people's sensibilities?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 9:49:55 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:

>> > I really think this is perhaps the best pic I've ever taken witrh my
>> > new
>> > "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> It is a good picture.
>>
>> Cheri

> Black plate? You talking about that pic of me naked sitting in my kayak's
> cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease people's
> sensibilities?
>
> John Kuthe...

No, it was Sheldon's black plate that I was talking about.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/12/2015 15:37 Cheri wrote:

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message

>>> It is a good picture.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Black plate? You talking about that pic of me naked sitting in my kayak's
>> cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease people's
>> sensibilities?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> No, it was Sheldon's black plate that I was talking about.

Oh, I thought you were talking about that pic of him naked sitting in
his kayak's cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease
people's sensibilities.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-8, Bruce wrote:

> Oh, I thought you were talking about that pic of him naked sitting in
> his kayak's cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease
> people's sensibilities.

Uh huh huh huh naked... cockpit... huh huh huh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>
> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>
> John Kuthe...

those look yummy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:09:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg

> > Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> >

> Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
> She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
> The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

Turtles are one of my favorite candies. Yum!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>
> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I think turtles are easy to make. I used to make lots of them. But
probably the easiest candies are haystacks or nut clusters. I'm glad to see
that you're using a dipping spoon.

There was a show on TV called The Little Chocolatiers. That show gagged me.
They used their bare hands to dip and they tasted the chocolate with their
fingers. These were people who owned a chocolate shop and sold their wares.
Ick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>>
>> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>>

> Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
> She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
> The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

We always got Chuckles as a treat after swimming. But there were a lot of
kids so my mom had to buy several packages out of the machine so that we
could each have one. This one girl named Crystal always ate one but then we
were left with all of the packages, each containing the black one which no
one wanted but Crystal. So she got the one plus all of the black ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 12:38:15 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-8, Bruce wrote:
>
> > Oh, I thought you were talking about that pic of him naked sitting in
> > his kayak's cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease
> > people's sensibilities.
> >

> Uh huh huh huh naked... cockpit... huh huh huh.

OK Beavis!! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 12:38:15 AM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-8, Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, I thought you were talking about that pic of him naked sitting in
>>> his kayak's cockpit on a gravel bar that Bryan censored to appease
>>> people's sensibilities.
>>>

>> Uh huh huh huh naked... cockpit... huh huh huh.

> OK Beavis!! ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

No that was Butthead...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote:

>We always got Chuckles as a treat after swimming. But there were a lot of
>kids so my mom had to buy several packages out of the machine so that we
>could each have one. This one girl named Crystal always ate one but then we
>were left with all of the packages, each containing the black one which no
>one wanted but Crystal. So she got the one plus all of the black ones.

I like the black Chuckles too... black licorice is my favorite
candy... all kinds, from jelly beans, to whips, to gum drops, even
Black Jack gum and Smith Brother's black cough drops. I like the
black licorice Twizlers but most stores only carry those awful red
strawberry ones, I have to buy them at Walmart or from Amazon. A
piece of trivia, of all us young kids the girls who loved black
licorice all grew up to have very large bosoms, could be a coinkydink,
yoose decide, but it's true.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 10:47:35 AM UTC-6, Abiquiu wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Uh huh huh huh naked... cockpit... huh huh huh.

> > OK Beavis!! ;-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> No that was Butthead...

It was BOTH!! Funny how the demographic Beavis and Butthead was parodying was the only demographic offended by them!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
>
> Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
>
> John Kuthe...

What do you *do* with all this candy you make? (maybe you've said
before, but I missed it)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 1:06:06 PM UTC-6, zxcvbob wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> >
> > Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> What do you *do* with all this candy you make? (maybe you've said
> before, but I missed it)
>
> Bob

I make up boxes and give it to my friends and family for Christmas. And I make plen ty to make plenty of boxes, so I can give "EVERYONE" something!! And I love having leftovers, much better than running out of a single variety when making up my boxes. (I hate that!)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:05:55 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 1:06:06 PM UTC-6, zxcvbob wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> > >
> > > Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > What do you *do* with all this candy you make? (maybe you've said
> > before, but I missed it)
> >
> > Bob

> I make up boxes and give it to my friends and family for Christmas. And I make plen ty to make plenty of boxes, so I can give "EVERYONE" something!! And I love having leftovers, much better than running out of a single variety when making up my boxes. (I hate that!)
>
> John Kuthe...

Like this!! Pic from 2011!

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...35865770_o.jpg

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 8:14:43 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:04:29 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > > wrote:

> > wrote: >> >>
> > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0-8/12366110_9
> > 60951700631977_1000037562674388135_o.jpg >> >> >> >> Kind of like
> > 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!! >> >>

> > witrh my new "digital camera"! :-) I'm very happy with it! >> >

> > > They are caramel and chopped pecans, and a little water! They are
> > > Caramel Pecan Deliciousness! Nom! Nom! :-) John Kuthe...

> > I'm tawkin' photography... shoulda got closer, no need to see that
> > bowl of... you said it's "the best pic", it's a lousy pic. The most
> > important aspect of photography is composition... include only
> > what's apropos... if imprtant 'the bowl of' should have been in a
> > separate photo, and no one needs to see your furnishings.

> I like it! **** off ShelDUM!
>
> John Kuthe....

I like it too.

Here's one of many of Iowna.
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...k/DSCF1260.jpg

I'm sure a professional can do better but I got it pretty good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 3:11:54 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 7:09:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 2:18:20 PM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...74388135_o.jpg
> > >
> > > Kind of like 'turtles' but a lot less trouble to make!!
> > >

> > Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
> > She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
> > The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

> How did they make them?
>
> John Kuthe...

Turtles are pecan pieces radially arranged with a dollop of caramel on top, gluing the pieces together, and covered with chocolate. They actually resemble turtles, at least the old ones did.

The picture and composition looks fine. It's a good snapshot of real life - staged photos are boring.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:54:11 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 3:11:54 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Making turtles was one of the jobs of my mother's youth.
> > > She worked for the Smiles 'n Chuckles Company in Kitchener.
> > > The US DeMets company imported them for decades.

> > How did they make them?
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Turtles are pecan pieces radially arranged with a dollop of caramel on top, gluing the pieces together, and covered with chocolate. They actually resemble turtles, at least the old ones did.
>
> The picture and composition looks fine. It's a good snapshot of real life - staged photos are boring.

It was totally real. A little staged with the ready to dip piece not dipped yet.
It's what I was doing while I was making them! This is what I see at Christmas! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/17/2015 2:47 PM, cshenk wrote:
> I'm sure a professional can do better but I got it pretty good.

Hi, my name's Carol and I feed the worst kind of trolls, those who
criminally STALK women he

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that the subhuman virus stalked poor Omelet right of the net!

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.