Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default King arthur Flour

On 19/11/2015 1:55 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:55:02 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> Ahhh but dough is a different 'kettle o' fish'!! Wonderful stuff when
>>> alive I messed up this week. I made some of D's favourite cheese
>>> roll.
>>> I didn't knock back the first rise properly and the crumb is too light.
>>> That'll serve me right for being rushed

>> Maybe you've discovered the secret to holey bread.

> Shhhhhh I think you'll find that Graham and Janet B has too <g> Don't
> tell or everyone will want it ...

"And his kissing is as full of sanctity as the touch of holy bread."
Shakespea AYLI III/4

--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 19/11/2015 1:55 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Maybe you've discovered the secret to holey bread.

>> Shhhhhh I think you'll find that Graham and Janet B has too <g> Don't
>> tell or everyone will want it ...
>>

> "And his kissing is as full of sanctity as the touch of holy bread."
> Shakespea AYLI III/4

*cough* I will leave that one for Bruce to ponder

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet B > wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:39:27 -0600, Mark Storkamp
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,

> >> Didn't seem to go any better for me.

> >For me it's taste. I don't add any salt to my breads, (or any of my food
> >for that mater) and I think the KA flour has a better taste than the
> >other super market brands.

> excellent article on the role of salt in yeast dough.
> https://cargillsaltinperspective.com...n-bread-dough/
> Janet US

That's interesting how the use of salt has changed over the years. It
took me 6 months or more without salt before my food no longer tasted
bland. But now I'm tasting flavors in foods that I never did before, and
even the smallest bit of salt in something ruins it for me, it is far
too overpowering of a flavor and masks the real taste of food for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 10:52:21 AM UTC-5, Mark Storkamp wrote:

> That's interesting how the use of salt has changed over the years. It
> took me 6 months or more without salt before my food no longer tasted
> bland. But now I'm tasting flavors in foods that I never did before, and
> even the smallest bit of salt in something ruins it for me, it is far
> too overpowering of a flavor and masks the real taste of food for me.

So you can't eat in restaurants? I'd find that intolerable.

Of course, I put about 1/4 teaspoon of salt in my bowl of
oatmeal every morning (and that's just the start of the
day's salt intake), so I'm your polar opposite.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 10:52:21 AM UTC-5, Mark Storkamp wrote:
>
> > That's interesting how the use of salt has changed over the years. It
> > took me 6 months or more without salt before my food no longer tasted
> > bland. But now I'm tasting flavors in foods that I never did before, and
> > even the smallest bit of salt in something ruins it for me, it is far
> > too overpowering of a flavor and masks the real taste of food for me.

> So you can't eat in restaurants? I'd find that intolerable.
>
> Of course, I put about 1/4 teaspoon of salt in my bowl of
> oatmeal every morning (and that's just the start of the
> day's salt intake), so I'm your polar opposite.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I can order a steak without seasoning, a baked potato (unless it's been
rubbed with salt, a horrifying new trend) and a salad with oil and
vinegar. But Italian, German, Mexican and Asian restaurants are right
out.

On the plus side, I have learned to cook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Storkamp" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 10:52:21 AM UTC-5, Mark Storkamp wrote:
>>
>> > That's interesting how the use of salt has changed over the years. It
>> > took me 6 months or more without salt before my food no longer tasted
>> > bland. But now I'm tasting flavors in foods that I never did before,
>> > and
>> > even the smallest bit of salt in something ruins it for me, it is far
>> > too overpowering of a flavor and masks the real taste of food for me.

>> So you can't eat in restaurants? I'd find that intolerable.
>>
>> Of course, I put about 1/4 teaspoon of salt in my bowl of
>> oatmeal every morning (and that's just the start of the
>> day's salt intake), so I'm your polar opposite.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> I can order a steak without seasoning, a baked potato (unless it's been
> rubbed with salt, a horrifying new trend) and a salad with oil and
> vinegar. But Italian, German, Mexican and Asian restaurants are right
> out.
>
> On the plus side, I have learned to cook.

seems that you haven't!